Battle of Kursk: The last day

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

Sabotslinger60 #121 Posted Aug 27 2018 - 03:05

Private

• -Players-
  • 28548 battles
Excellent campaign, had to miss one day but went 49 for 50, missed the camo but got bunches else. Look forward to next one

Anublister #122 Posted Aug 27 2018 - 16:14

Captain

• Players
  • 68707 battles
  • [--T--] --T--

50/50. That is a grind, if only one of commitment. I don't think 49's should get the camo. You all knew what you had to do. I sacrificed personal time and even vacation time (no laptop) to ensure I completed it. Some of you need to learn what that means. It will make you a better person. Placing the reward tank in the middle guaranteed most who tried would get it. The camo is frosting. Would I have liked a better 50 game reward? Yes. Did I have to have it? Obviously not. All rewards were clearly spelled out. Giving out tokens or second chances reduces the accomplishment for those of us who truly committed the time and (small) effort necessary. Things worth getting require effort. You don't get a ribbon of perfect attendance for missing a day, and since camo is readily available in game for purchase or rent, anyone here complaining about wants something for not completing the main challenge, which is doing 50 days straight. That's why it's a challenge. You don't know if you can finish it. Please stop whining now.

I've participated and completed almost every marathon tank event I've had the chance to do. It's a good thing. I am looking forward to the British tier 8 coming up soon. Having North and South missions for was smart and appropriate. WG needs new players in the fold and having low tier events with tank rewards helps accomplish this.

Now all you have to do is start thinking about why people play and how to make a competition between two groups of 15 players more skill balanced and maybe your player base would stick around. You have the tools. Use personal ratings, group them into levels of ability and distribute them as evenly as possible before every random battle. It is this core element of fair play and lack of it that drives me insane. Why can't you people at WG understand that? High Schooler's (excepting sadists) will achieve no benefit from playing a so called competitive baseball match against elementary kids. Now if you mixed the players it might be fun, it might be competitive. The older kids having a greater output, but at the least all would have a stake. Random battles with mismatched skill leveled players are by definition unbalanced and non competitive. You worry and waste time and effort trying to balance tank types and tier levels while being totally blind to the skill factor. This ignorant policy has led to the evolution of a parasitic type of player who's goals are not for the best of the team or even to win, but to increase his own stats at the expense of his team. I label them team farmers and they harass, insult, and bully anyone that hinders their manipulative behavior. WG needs to consider how important Random battles are to the success of their game, because the more players that know they are in a battle that is stacked against them from the start are more players that will seek another game to play that gives them an even shot.

Edited by Anublister, Aug 27 2018 - 16:15.

Thijs79 #123 Posted Aug 27 2018 - 16:30

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 56024 battles
  • [9-PDH] 9-PDH
2 words:loved it!

Bootknife #124 Posted Aug 27 2018 - 17:46

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 41029 battles
  • [WDA] WDA
Two Thumps Up!

KenF #125 Posted Aug 27 2018 - 20:22

Private

• Players
  • 90414 battles

It would be nice to offer 52 days to complete the 50 missions.  I for one, was unable to log in 1 day so I missed the final prize.

noLieBowtie #126 Posted Aug 27 2018 - 20:29

Private

• -Players-
  • 10490 battles
I wasn't really impressed my the event. I'm not a fan of low-tier reward tanks. I kind of just saw it as extra rewards for playing the game, but not something to strive for. The cameo was the thing I wanted the most, and that wasn't very much want to begin with.

Blaster_VSF #127 Posted Aug 27 2018 - 23:18

Corporal

• Players
  • 35208 battles
  • [RNSTR] RNSTR
49 out of 50..... sometimes family has to come first. too bad you could not have added an extra day or two for those that could not play everyday.

Colonel_Chip_Redleg #128 Posted Aug 28 2018 - 15:15

Private

• Players
  • 20060 battles
  • [1VETS] 1VETS
I completed 31 days worth of missions; I am happy with my T-34S! Now I just need to learn how best to play it. I liked the missions and the rewards; they were not impossible to achieve, yet some were fairly challenging. It was a good event! I remember reading about the Battle of Kursk when I was in high school (The Tigers Are Burning, by Martin Caidin), so this was an important historical commemoration as well!

newkidintown53 #129 Posted Aug 28 2018 - 18:34

Corporal

• Players
  • 24035 battles

Enjoyed the mission. Would like to see more like this. Went 47 of 50...missed a few when out of town. It improved my skills and bank account.

andrewecooley #130 Posted Aug 29 2018 - 12:37

Corporal

• Players
  • 28803 battles
Great Fun however wish I knew when new missions were posted.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users