Battle of Kursk: The last day

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

MVLE #101 Posted Aug 25 2018 - 03:59

Private

• -Players-
  • 29216 battles

50/50; got the camo (listed under Preset Styles "Fire Bulge")

30 battles in the T-34S; the rest, roughly 120, in the Churchill III (exclusively SOUTH).

Agreeing with most of the others - this was an enjoyable event.  I too would participate in another similarly arranged.

Disagreeing with a few - the PRIZE was the T-34S; one only had to complete 60% of the missions to receive the "prize."  That is reasonable - even if one has a life.

Do I think the 50/50 person deserves a "super-duper" bonus?  Yep.  Do I think the 49/50 deserves a chance to buy/cry/try up to perfection? Nope.

Like the majority of posters, I truly enjoyed the "mid-range"/"anyone can do it" ability of this event.  And, I think more such events (of varying days) should be offered.

If there be any complaint it would be one of perception.  And I hasten to add this is probably my error. 

BUT,  the rewards for 50 points included the phrase:

"A style applied to any of your vehicles"

which is very different than the end result:

A style applied to ONE of your vehicles.

Even Merriam-Webster defines "any" singular "OR MORE" (i.e. there is no such thing as a solely "singular" "any")  (https://www.merriam-.../dictionary/any)

Reyort #102 Posted Aug 25 2018 - 04:45

Private

• Players
  • 43876 battles

Enjoyed it tremendously.  Did 50/50.  Mostly in the South using the Ferdinand, Nashorn, Tiger I, Grille and Hummel.  For some in the North, like damage blocked, used my T95 (many times, 1 battle and damaged blocked was done).  Also worked some via the On Track Event, which took care of the North mission that day.  And some times just used various tanks for the North like my Cromwell B, T44, Scorpions, etc. 

Most missions were completed in 1-3 battles.  Some took 5-6.  But one mission, OMG, I'd meet the requirement of damage or experience (whatever it was that day), but the team's would just do the funkiest things and we'd lose (the other half was win the battle...i.e. be victorious).  And I think you had to have 3 of these for the South and 5 for the North.  Well, I'm talking, like Heavy Tanks going into open fields or into TD death traps...I kid you not, it was like people lost there minds...it took me about 2 1/2 hours to complete the mission that day...very frustrating to see many tankers doing stupid things...ON MY TEAM...it's okay if it's on THEIR TEAM...ugh.  Remember, don't interfere with your enemy when they're making mistakes.  :):):)

Just a side note regarding "playing the event".  I understood that it was 50 days and that a missed day would not net me the final days prizes.  Yes, life gets in the way.  I planned for each day to make sure it was completed.  And had a couple of close calls, but it worked out.  There have been other events where I fell short by one mission and couldn't win the final prize.  I started a day late, didn't know, life got in the way, whatever.  I moved on, you should too.  WG will have similar events (hopefully) in the future and you'll be able to complete them down the road.

Awesome job WG.  Someone mentioned Brody, great idea.  And I'm sure there are plenty of others.  Have a great time battling...Here's to working with you or being in my sights :):):) 

RickPatton #103 Posted Aug 25 2018 - 05:47

Captain

• -Players-
  • 34345 battles
  • [ANV] ANV
Well done WG and hope we can have this replace TR?

Wolfgang_von_Kluge #104 Posted Aug 25 2018 - 08:12

Private

• Players
  • 38663 battles
  • [_WOLF] _WOLF
Possibly the best event ever! Beautiful tank, really worth having, and sweet that it was awarded at 30 missions. The custom camo for 50 missions is great too, looks awesome on my T34-85M, and it was really generous to make it for all three seasons. I had fun using the historical tanks, and I mixed it up a lot from my Ferdinand to my Marder38T and the Grille and Hummel one-two punch. I used my T34s to represent the Russians, and of course my Tiger I saw some action too. I DID miss when the daily battle descriptions ended!
Thank you Wargaming!

Ewan_Wutarmee #105 Posted Aug 25 2018 - 10:36

Sergeant

• Players
  • 27868 battles
  • [_USMC] _USMC

I got 49 /50.

I enjoyed the event.  I thought it well thought out and each objective was within reach of nearly any level of player proficiency.

The awarding of prizes along the way was well paced, the award of the T34S being placed at the 60% mark was appropriate. 

I used a variety of tanks to get the job done.  I paid little attention to whether the vehicle was one of the historical tanks. 

In general...  

If the objective was to block damage: I led with my OBJ 705A

If the objective was to cause damage: FV4005A

After one or two attempts with those vehicles, I'd move on to vehicles I was working on my second/third MOE. 

Nice Job.

A suggestion for the next one:  The British/German Campaigns across North Africa

Sylvado #106 Posted Aug 25 2018 - 12:02

Major

• Players
  • 67565 battles
  • [LOAC] LOAC

50 completed the event was so easy it was a give away except for the requirement you play every day.

Suggestions:

1. Increase the difficulty and allow missed days for completion so you do not eliminate those that cannot play every day. The difficulty increase should be such that it does not eliminate less skilled players just requires they play more battles to complete.

2. This one would add complexity but scale the requirements by tier for newer players that do not have high tier tanks. For example for blocking damage I just played one or two battles in my T95, for damage I just played my Standard ( I only need MT15 to get my 260 so I stuck with that). It made the missions very easy for me but if you were only up to tier 5 it was not so easy, so have the requirements scale by tier. The trick is to keep it balanced across the tiers to keep the higher tier players from seal clubbing to complete the mission if the lower tiers are much easier.

TxAgRobOrd00Alpha #107 Posted Aug 25 2018 - 14:52

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 19386 battles
  • [TEXAS] TEXAS
Good event WG!  More like this!

pramalot #108 Posted Aug 25 2018 - 17:59

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 36341 battles
  • [BAUK] BAUK
Great event. The battle descriptions were brief and too cryptic. Maybe less appearances and a bit more of graphic effort, more images, infographics, that would be cool. I like the educational potential in wot.

JRTefft #109 Posted Aug 25 2018 - 19:23

Private

• -Players-
  • 28102 battles
  • [TM1] TM1

finished 47 missions , missed  3 due to work..... was fun and got the tank, I'm happy with the challenge .

Volcanic_lobster_220 #110 Posted Aug 25 2018 - 19:47

Captain

• -Players-
  • 8787 battles

View PostLucid_Nonsense_1, on Aug 24 2018 - 00:19, said:

49 due to family commitments, and I feel bit salty that WG won't give us an extra day to catch up on missions we couldn't do. Or, a reasonably priced option to buy a mission token; that's not a 50$ bundle!
It feels like they are trying to squeeze every cent out of their user base, it's bit icky...

I'm in the same boat, 47 out of 50 missions, Please WG sell the tokens so that i can have the Camo, it would be a nice thing of you to do, and also it would mean that all 17 of those missions that i completed anyway (despite having missed 3 days) in hopes of there being tokens to buy would not be all for nothing, i'm willing to pay so really i don't know how you could refuse, especially when this event went on for a whole 50 days and not everyone had the time to log on every, single, day, if you sold tokens individually or in a pack of 3, either one would be good, i'm hoping you'll do the right thing or else you're going have some angry customers (and we all know you have enough of those already) it's ridiculous that the only option for getting the camo right now is to buy a $50 bundle when all i want is the camo, not to mention i don't have $50 to blow.

Navarro_AR #111 Posted Aug 25 2018 - 23:11

Private

• -Players-
  • 19776 battles
  • [RA4] RA4

View PostLesser_Spotted_Panzer, on Aug 23 2018 - 23:19, said:

I only have 49. I don't know how, I have played every day and pretty sure I completed the mission every day. Sucks, cus I wanted the camo, and there is no chance to get it now.

"I only have 49. I don't know how, I have played every day and pretty sure I completed the mission every day." And I guess many other do too. This really sucks.

Taos #112 Posted Aug 26 2018 - 00:16

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 37376 battles
44. Missed the first 4 because I didn't read up on it and missed the last 2 because I fell asleep on the couch. Great marathon. Haven't played the tank yet.

AhijahElGaboor #113 Posted Aug 26 2018 - 02:24

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 80813 battles
  • [MOZZY] MOZZY
I got 50 out of 50. I think the best 2 rewards were the tank and the 7 days premium. The camo was ok. I used the Tiger I and the Ferdinand for almost every mission except 5.. I thought it was over-due that a moderately easy mission be offered. 

stevezaxx #114 Posted Aug 26 2018 - 05:31

Captain

• Players
  • 39575 battles
  • [COD] COD

View PostMVLE, on Aug 24 2018 - 21:59, said:

50/50; got the camo (listed under Preset Styles "Fire Bulge")

30 battles in the T-34S; the rest, roughly 120, in the Churchill III (exclusively SOUTH).

Agreeing with most of the others - this was an enjoyable event.  I too would participate in another similarly arranged.

Disagreeing with a few - the PRIZE was the T-34S; one only had to complete 60% of the missions to receive the "prize."  That is reasonable - even if one has a life.

Do I think the 50/50 person deserves a "super-duper" bonus?  Yep.  Do I think the 49/50 deserves a chance to buy/cry/try up to perfection? Nope.

Like the majority of posters, I truly enjoyed the "mid-range"/"anyone can do it" ability of this event.  And, I think more such events (of varying days) should be offered.

If there be any complaint it would be one of perception.  And I hasten to add this is probably my error. 

BUT,  the rewards for 50 points included the phrase:

"A style applied to any of your vehicles"

which is very different than the end result:

A style applied to ONE of your vehicles.

Even Merriam-Webster defines "any" singular "OR MORE" (i.e. there is no such thing as a solely "singular" "any")  (https://www.merriam-.../dictionary/any)

you may not know this, but you can apply the Kursk reward style "Fire Bulge" to any tank you own.... but you have to remove it from any other tank you have put it on first...

SO it CAN be on ANY tank, but not EVERY tank.

I'm moving mine to every tank i use this weekend.

sailorboy7982 #115 Posted Aug 26 2018 - 09:14

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22218 battles
  • [STB1] STB1

View PostEwan_Wutarmee, on Aug 25 2018 - 00:36, said:

I got 49 /50.

I enjoyed the event.  I thought it well thought out and each objective was within reach of nearly any level of player proficiency.

The awarding of prizes along the way was well paced, the award of the T34S being placed at the 60% mark was appropriate. 

I used a variety of tanks to get the job done.  I paid little attention to whether the vehicle was one of the historical tanks. 

In general...  

If the objective was to block damage: I led with my OBJ 705A

If the objective was to cause damage: FV4005A

After one or two attempts with those vehicles, I'd move on to vehicles I was working on my second/third MOE. 

Nice Job.

A suggestion for the next one:  The British/German Campaigns across North Africa

49/50. I did the same thing.

Block damage used my T-29.

Cause damage used my Su-85 and Stug III G with derp guns or my M56 Scorpion.

St_Hedwig #116 Posted Aug 26 2018 - 14:40

Private

• -Players-
  • 13017 battles
  • [WWAD] WWAD
The last day of the battle I played 30 battles and didn't receive the tank they mentioned,I got the Hero badge for Kursk,but no tank.I felt as if I made it to 30,not all 50 missions...Guess I won't try playing another mission,just do regular battles from now on and forget doing the missions cause they are not worth the time and effort,all those videos are a joke,why not give us all that tank as a present for all the players that worked hard and spent money on the game.

boone_doggle #117 Posted Aug 26 2018 - 14:59

Corporal

• Players
  • 61865 battles

got all 50.  was fun getting some tanks out of mothballs and prepped with crew and equipment.  Purchased a KV-1S for extra punch in heavy tanks.  My PZ!VH and Ferdinand were the mvps, but all contributed including the T-34 with 57mm hole puncher.  Tried running the Tiger I with the 105, but results were not good.

I still can't believe I did all 50.

Slayer4174 #118 Posted Aug 26 2018 - 15:56

Private

• Players
  • 12619 battles

Got in too late so only 24 completed. I should have paid more attention, but I hope they do something like this again since the missions were all doable for the average or even below average player, and since my left arm became paralyzed from a stroke I appreciate anything that makes it doable for a one-handed tanker ;)

D_Jackson531 #119 Posted Aug 26 2018 - 20:49

Sergeant

• Players
  • 59836 battles
  • [E-S-S] E-S-S
I got about 35/50.  I saw the T-34S as the primary prize and worked for that, but knew that with me spending a week away in early August I would likeky not get the full 50, so didn't worry about getting the 'top prize.'  
Overall liked the event, most of the missions could be done in an hour and in a few cases were done in one match.  A reasonable prize for a reasonable time investment, and the prize isn't a pile of junk either (but also certainly not as ridiculous as the T-34-85M prize from a few years ago has proven to be!)

drwho711 #120 Posted Aug 27 2018 - 02:52

Private

• Players
  • 36871 battles
  • [VA1OR] VA1OR
Only finished 39 of 50 due to work. I really liked this mission format. Used my Tiger to finish most of the tasks. Well done mission. Thanks

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users