Special 68-Hour Sale: E 25!

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

Tank_You_All #21 Posted Aug 24 2018 - 19:07

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 44705 battles
  • [-23-] -23-

Is it worth the money, well that's up to you. I got mine for free years ago. Cognitive Dissonance gave some good advice on how to run this, it's not the most intuitive in what needs to be done to be good. For instance his point on Camo and chocolate make a great deal of sense. The problem with this is similar to the problem with the T67, it's easy to get impatient, and then run around blowing everything up. You need to post up to a good location, scout, and single shot those that are by themselves. Make sure that when you do that you are not in a location that can be hit from half the map.

So would I buy this, not at this price. As has been noted at least the price is high enough to keep all the kiddies that are at the Tier 2 level from buying one and flooding the field with bad players. I got mine when I was still playing at about the Tier 4 level and am still trying to play it right.

H0D0R_ #22 Posted Aug 24 2018 - 19:17

Captain

• Players
  • 17401 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
Too much money for pixel tank.

Bohdan155 #23 Posted Aug 24 2018 - 19:19

Private

• Players
  • 35955 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHA 

Another good reason for quiting WoT... 99$ for tier 7 tank (no one cares about bundle)??? 

Good Job wargaming for making tier 6-7 games unplayable...

Bohdan155 #24 Posted Aug 24 2018 - 19:20

Private

• Players
  • 35955 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0

View PostBohdan155, on Aug 24 2018 - 18:19, said:

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHA 

Another good reason for quiting WoT... 99$ for tier 7 tank (no one cares about bundle)??? 

Good Job wargaming for making tier 6-7 games unplayable...

btw i forgot... FRIQBGEHYT9 bonus code from QB stream... time limited :)

OTMOPO3KO #25 Posted Aug 24 2018 - 19:28

Corporal

• Players
  • 7919 battles
  • [SMOK3] SMOK3
This tank should never go on sale. Makes matches where everybody stands still. Wargaming Wargaming

Ball_Turret #26 Posted Aug 24 2018 - 20:17

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5530 battles
  • [_GT] _GT
As much as I don't like the 25 for how powerful it can be in the right hands, its overshadowed by this over priced "bundle" practically worth $100 for a tier 7? Sorry Wargaming, but this is a no buy from me.

UnitG2 #27 Posted Aug 24 2018 - 21:16

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 32472 battles

I dont mind any business making money.

What I do mind is the vulgarity of the pricing model and what it reveals about WG's attitude to its loyal customers. And just how happy they are with themselves when its the players that provide the most to the platform.

MountainLion1 #28 Posted Aug 24 2018 - 22:09

Captain

• -Players-
  • 24976 battles
  • [TMBPK] TMBPK

View PostJ3Tears, on Aug 24 2018 - 09:39, said:

At first I thought that's a ridiculous price and How i hate Wargaming bundling any Tanks in $99 bundles, But then I seen there is a garage slot with it so Its actually a pretty sweet deal. 

The garage slot made this buy a must for sure.

KidK #29 Posted Aug 24 2018 - 22:18

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 42527 battles

I have better things to spend a $100 dollars on than this game. I recall spending only about $11Cdn for my Lowe back in 6.2

Lucid_Nonsense_1 #30 Posted Aug 24 2018 - 22:30

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7595 battles
  • [4RENB] 4RENB

Yeah.. ok WG. I actually gave you a fair chunk of my cash since I picked the game up, I'm pretty much the kind of new player you want, disposable income and needed a game that can be played in short bursts around my schedule. But, that's it - I'm switching to the competition, not a cent more. This is just a cynical cash grab - putting more balance braking tanks into the game makes it quite clear you just no longer give a toss about keeping this game enjoyable.  We get more and more BS paper tanks, while MM is broken, whole tank lines are not playable, the maps are cramped roach motels and your clients are leaving in droves. 

This tank turns off new players like nothing else in the game; and you just told them that they can pay 100$ to be part of the problem - or go play WarThunder.

Guess what most will chose?

pukalo #31 Posted Aug 24 2018 - 23:12

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10229 battles
  • [CDN] CDN
The E 25 i$ damaging to the game. There i$ no moral rea$on to $ell the E 25 again. 

Lucid_Nonsense_1 #32 Posted Aug 25 2018 - 00:19

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7595 battles
  • [4RENB] 4RENB

View Postpukalo, on Aug 24 2018 - 23:12, said:

The E 25 i$ damaging to the game. There i$ no moral rea$on to $ell the E 25 again. 

The shady people who invested in WG looked at the state of play (declining popularity, obsolescent technology, surging competitor) and had two option:.

A) Invest in the game; migrate to a more modern engine (so we can have weather, day/night cycles, destructible terrain - imagine how much more variety that would bring, no need to resurrect old maps and paper tanks,)  hire more experienced programers and top notch digital artists, develop a client focused customer support team to upgrade the current one; this course of action would mean much reduced profits in the short to mid-term, and a healthy, thriving, profitable game in the long term. A game that people want to play.

B) Extract the maximum return on investment; in this option you do not care about shrinking user base, you want to extract maximum income from you current users who feel that they sunk too much time, money, and effort in the game. (The Scientology playbook, lol) Plus, they don't want to start at the bottom again etc etc. So, issue  more and more game breaking premium content, without which the players are just cannon fodder.   "Rearranging deck chairs on the titanic"  approach to game development, re-release maps, tanks, endless iterations of same ingame items (another nation? wheeled vehicles?) that no one is clamouring for but make the game look as if it's being developed at first glance. Changes for the sake of changes, because they are easily doable - even if no one is asking for them (store, caugh, store.) Reskinned game modes that can be easily implemented - tank volleyball anyone? All this sound and fury, just to give the appearance of a game that's under active development, at least enough of an appearance that your whales will fool themselves into staying, till you can turn a profit and flick the shell off to someone like Zenga.  This approach means lots of profit short term, some in the mid; no game long term.

Guess which option WG is taking? Have you heard about the new engine they are moving WoT to? No? Me neither... Lots and lots of chances to give them hard currency, so that the Minsk junta can keep its coffers full, in case Putin needs to ask his bestie for a favour... 

Imagine what this game could be with proper stewardship; the difference between playing Malinovka at night, with driving rain masking all sounds... or, being able to use your SU-152 to blast a new passage in Ruinberg. Your game variety goes up exponentially, crew skill and choice matter!  Instead you get to pay 100$ to make the game worse for every other player.  They won't even spend the time to make what they have as good as possible; how can VK 100 and KV 4 be on the same tier?  The broken MM... The constant little slaps in the face; missed one mission of 50? No, we won't give players a catch up day or chance to buy a mission token for couple bucks - 50$ bundle of crap or GTFO. It's how I remember people being treated by bored bureaucrats in the Soviet Era, when I was a  little kid. Maybe they are trying to create a feeling of nostalgia for their home audience? It's not really cutting it in the modern world tbh.

Sorry for the long ramble, I don't even have the heart to proof read this lol. But, it makes me sad; sad for what this game could be, but even sadder for the old players who are just hanging on because of sunk costs, getting treated like crap by WG. You made the game, you deserve better; try to look past the sunk costs - the quicker you move on, the less pain you will feel. Don't give them a cent more, until they show us that they are changing course and no longer treat their users like cattle to be harvested.

It's a real shame, because the underlying game should be fun.

:-(

PS.

Full disclosure, if they sold the E25 for a reasonable price, I'd probably would have bought it and hoped that they'll fix the balancing. But, they had to be so crazy greedy, it forced me to open my eyes and slap myself in the face. Part of me is still trying to justify it, "this exactly they type of vehicle you like playing," you trained your german crews exactly for this... I won't spend any more ever on this game... promise... Part of me is horrible :-/  I'll just have to stick to my tactical pancake, it's like a non - game breaking version of e25. Even if it means playing s#!t tier. I'll go buy something nice for the kids, so it's not tempting me, lol.

Edited by Lucid_Nonsense_1, Aug 25 2018 - 00:58.

HeavyCalibre #33 Posted Aug 25 2018 - 00:54

Corporal

• Players
  • 30280 battles

No tank of pixels is worth $100, even though it comes with gold, etc. If this tank was $29 even without a garage slot, I might consider it as I have 48 open garage slots available. Otherwise no tanks!

It seems lately that WoT is pushing a LOT to buy stuff, next we will see in game billboards advertising tanks and gold? Or a brief 15 second game pause to pitch us new things to buy?

mrmojo #34 Posted Aug 25 2018 - 00:55

Major

• Players
  • 20425 battles
  • [-LEG-] -LEG-
Weird, I find it an unfun tank. Had mine for ages but haven't played it much and can't remember when I played it last.

HeavyCalibre #35 Posted Aug 25 2018 - 00:57

Corporal

• Players
  • 30280 battles

View Postmrmojo, on Aug 24 2018 - 16:55, said:

Weird, I find it an unfun tank. Had mine for ages but haven't played it much and can't remember when I played it last.

Wanna trade for my FCM 50t ? .... Don't you wish there was a marketplace where players could sell/trade/buy tanks and consumables, etc that you don't need or want anymore?

Lucid_Nonsense_1 #36 Posted Aug 25 2018 - 00:59

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7595 battles
  • [4RENB] 4RENB

View PostHeavyCalibre, on Aug 25 2018 - 00:57, said:

Wanna trade for my FCM 50t ? .... Don't you wish there was a marketplace where players could sell/trade/buy tanks and consumables, etc that you don't need or want anymore?

What, and cut into their monopoly on pixels!? You might get banned for trying to take their cheese!

Eduardo_1114_PC #37 Posted Aug 25 2018 - 01:04

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4717 battles
I know I’ll get hate for it for the dirty troll (and noob) I am, but I don’t care that it’s $100. I have the funds and don’t really care what others say about my consumerism. You got me WG. GG. 

grizli #38 Posted Aug 25 2018 - 01:10

Private

• Players
  • 3599 battles
  • [VDV] VDV
WG HUNGRY FOR$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Metia #39 Posted Aug 25 2018 - 01:38

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13565 battles
I for one support this glorious pay wall preventing people from getting such a cancerous tank... The e25 should stay retired.

dooner30 #40 Posted Aug 25 2018 - 02:06

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 33875 battles
  • [CRIMZ] CRIMZ
The E25 is rare? :confused:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users