Jump to content


* * * - - 2 votes

[ST] Preferential Matchmaking Tanks


  • Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Gnomon #1 Posted Aug 31 2018 - 15:15

    Training & QA Specialist

  • Administrator
  • 799 battles
  • 369
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    11-23-2015

Hey, everyone! 

 

I know you’ve been waiting for news about the changes to preferential MM tanks, and I have some new details I’d like to share with you.

 

The redesigned Personal Missions system, Polish tanks, and brand-new maps all arrived with Update 1.1. However, we still have a lot to do! This includes improving the state of tanks with preferential matchmaking.

 

During the first round of testing, we improved the stats of these vehicles. After that, we checked the overall battle statistics for these tanks as well as your feedback. Both the battle data and your reaction showed that we should make additional adjustments. The tanks with preferential MM fared better than before, but it still was not enough. 
 
Before that test run, the combat efficiency of these vehicles varied greatly: some played a bit better than others, and some had been rather abysmal. The first Supertest iteration gave us a firm ground for going further: the ‘prefs’ level of battle performance is now (roughly) the same. So, we’re ready to take the second step.
 
The second Supertest for the preferential MM tanks with reworked stats launches today. The initial changes will slightly boost these vehicles’ efficiency. Nothing too extreme, however! We’ll study the numbers and will make adjustments to these tanks, so they can hold their own against Tier IX vehicles and those with full-tier battles. Please be aware that more stat adjustments may follow.

 

The prefs won’t become as efficient as the tanks with full-tier battles, as they don’t face the Tier X tanks in battle. So, for example, the performance of the IS-3 and the IS-6 should not become even, but the latter will still be an asset in battles with the tiers accessible to it.

 

Current Changes


 
Once more for clarity, the initial fixes to the prefs’ stats are not final yet. The tanks’ stats may change again before they roll out onto the main server.

 

Make sure to follow the news and best of luck in every battle!



CynicalDutchie #2 Posted Aug 31 2018 - 15:25

    Major

  • Players
  • 40958 battles
  • 3,931
  • [CYNIC] CYNIC
  • Member since:
    05-18-2011

The 122mm gun stats are still atrocious, the only thing they will be good at is bullying low tiers. The problem with not making them as powerful as regular 8s is that you're basically F-ing over the team that happens to get the IS-6 instead of the IS-3/Defender

 

You also seem to have forgotten the FCM 50t.



AndrewSledge #3 Posted Aug 31 2018 - 15:26

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 33111 battles
  • 1,861
  • Member since:
    04-14-2014
On the graphic for the T26E4, there's either a typo or untranslated text 'SHILED 25'.

YANKEE137 #4 Posted Aug 31 2018 - 15:31

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 11732 battles
  • 4,408
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
  • Member since:
    08-17-2015
Thanks. Waiting anxiously.

YANKEE137 #5 Posted Aug 31 2018 - 15:34

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 11732 battles
  • 4,408
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
  • Member since:
    08-17-2015

FYI:

Typo in the Super P graphic- "Shiled"  should be "Shield



MagillaGuerilla #6 Posted Aug 31 2018 - 15:41

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 25315 battles
  • 4,005
  • Member since:
    01-06-2013
The KV-5 107mm and the 122mm guns on the others are still pitifully weak in penetration. It's obvious that WG wants players to spam premium with these guns. No thanks, mine will continue to collect dust in the garage.

mlinke #7 Posted Aug 31 2018 - 15:42

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 50380 battles
  • 903
  • [DD-S] DD-S
  • Member since:
    06-14-2011
buff t34 please

MountainLion1 #8 Posted Aug 31 2018 - 16:03

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 23573 battles
  • 1,584
  • [PUBBY] PUBBY
  • Member since:
    10-13-2014
The 182 pen on the 122 mm guns isn’t really going to help the combat ability of these tanks, they should be closer to 200 pen just to make there guns somewhat competitive in there own tier. These tanks will still just be XP piñatas for regular tier VIII and IX heavy tanks with such a limited penetration on these guns.

EliteSwatTeam #9 Posted Aug 31 2018 - 16:06

    Captain

  • Players
  • 53329 battles
  • 1,085
  • [2-TUF] 2-TUF
  • Member since:
    08-13-2011

The KV-5 gun is pathetic and it's a shame that it is still a tier 7 gun, why can't you make the gun equal to the tier, the KV-5 was my first exposure to heavy tank warfare, and it has been left behind, with all of the updates and patches.

 

EliteSwatTeam



razed98 #10 Posted Aug 31 2018 - 16:41

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 36880 battles
  • 88
  • [-LGBT] -LGBT
  • Member since:
    08-05-2012
good to see the armor on the IS-6 might be relevant again. just need 200-210 pen on those 122mm guns

Da_Craw #11 Posted Aug 31 2018 - 16:47

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 26635 battles
  • 3,130
  • [DOG5] DOG5
  • Member since:
    05-30-2014
I'm looking forward to taking the KV-5 and the JT88 out for a spin after those changes.  The KV-5 isn't going to set the world on fire, but it will be even better at what it is still good at: bullying lower tiers and pouring damage into flanked tanks during a push.  And ramming.  

CapPhrases #12 Posted Aug 31 2018 - 16:49

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 7280 battles
  • 3,529
  • Member since:
    03-28-2015
hoping this first iteration is for armor buffs and the next round will be tackling the guns more thoroughly

Kehox #13 Posted Aug 31 2018 - 17:27

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 15634 battles
  • 402
  • Member since:
    01-23-2015

View PostGnomon, on Aug 31 2018 - 09:15, said:

Hey, everyone! 

 

I know you’ve been waiting for news about the changes to preferential MM tanks, and I have some new details I’d like to share with you.

 

The redesigned Personal Missions system, Polish tanks, and brand-new maps all arrived with Update 1.1. However, we still have a lot to do! This includes improving the state of tanks with preferential matchmaking.

 

During the first round of testing, we improved the stats of these vehicles. After that, we checked the overall battle statistics for these tanks as well as your feedback. Both the battle data and your reaction showed that we should make additional adjustments. The tanks with preferential MM fared better than before, but it still was not enough. 
 
Before that test run, the combat efficiency of these vehicles varied greatly: some played a bit better than others, and some had been rather abysmal. The first Supertest iteration gave us a firm ground for going further: the ‘prefs’ level of battle performance is now (roughly) the same. So, we’re ready to take the second step.
 
The second Supertest for the preferential MM tanks with reworked stats launches today. The initial changes will slightly boost these vehicles’ efficiency. Nothing too extreme, however! We’ll study the numbers and will make adjustments to these tanks, so they can hold their own against Tier IX vehicles and those with full-tier battles. Please be aware that more stat adjustments may follow.

 

The prefs won’t become as efficient as the tanks with full-tier battles, as they don’t face the Tier X tanks in battle. So, for example, the performance of the IS-3 and the IS-6 should not become even, but the latter will still be an asset in battles with the tiers accessible to it.

 

Current Changes


 
Once more for clarity, the initial fixes to the prefs’ stats are not final yet. The tanks’ stats may change again before they roll out onto the main server.

 

Make sure to follow the news and best of luck in every battle!

 

T34-3 ... hummm i know the T-34-3 :P....

 

Hype 59 is losted in a hole... ! no pen buff and  ...dipersion buff is almost inexistant ....... O.o 

 

waiting too see later final stats... 


Edited by Kehox, Aug 31 2018 - 17:28.


dont_ping_me #14 Posted Aug 31 2018 - 17:31

    Major

  • Players
  • 79008 battles
  • 3,350
  • Member since:
    02-11-2012

IS-6 and 112 pen is still pathetic. People buy these tanks to make credits, and they need to have some hope of penning the enemy heavies they are supposed to be brawling with, without having to fire nothing but gold.

 



GeorgePreddy #15 Posted Aug 31 2018 - 17:46

    Major

  • Players
  • 14345 battles
  • 10,962
  • Member since:
    04-11-2013

Since even the increased AP pen does not change the fact that these tanks are only viable when firing gold rounds, how about a healthy increase in gold round pen for them ??

 



Avalon304 #16 Posted Aug 31 2018 - 20:31

    Major

  • Players
  • 20785 battles
  • 8,872
  • [BRVE] BRVE
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012
Still going to be garbage tanks. Pref MM needs to go away for these tanks to have a chance at being viable. WG should have stuck to their guns and gotten rid of it.

YANKEE137 #17 Posted Aug 31 2018 - 21:16

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 11732 battles
  • 4,408
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
  • Member since:
    08-17-2015
I'd like to suggest giving the J-Tiger 88 the 88L100 gun.

TommyBuns #18 Posted Aug 31 2018 - 21:16

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 13969 battles
  • 632
  • Member since:
    12-31-2017

View PostAvalon304, on Aug 31 2018 - 14:31, said:

Still going to be garbage tanks. Pref MM needs to go away for these tanks to have a chance at being viable. WG should have stuck to their guns and gotten rid of it.

 

These tanks will never be "viable" again. Although these tanks are still for sale in the tech tree and premium shop, only someone ignorant of how bad they are is going to buy them. Now, WG could in theory buff them to the point that they're competitive again, in an effort to make them desirable for buyers. But how many people would actually buy them, especially after they had marathons and gave them away? Nay, the market is saturated with these sh@theaps, and therein lies the problem. If these tanks were made competitive again, people would actually start playing them, rather than buy new premium tanks. It wouldn't have mattered if they went the other way with this, and removed the pref. mm, as the buffs would not have been significant enough to make these tanks relevant again anyways for the reason I just mentioned above. Come on guys, this isn't rocket science, it's Russian Marketing 101.

LpBronco #19 Posted Aug 31 2018 - 22:56

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 40586 battles
  • 2,536
  • [O-VER] O-VER
  • Member since:
    11-19-2010

View PostAvalon304, on Aug 31 2018 - 14:31, said:

Still going to be garbage tanks. Pref MM needs to go away for these tanks to have a chance at being viable. WG should have stuck to their guns and gotten rid of it.

 

..an extreme minority opinion and rebalancing within the preferred matchmaking scheme is absolutely preferred from those of us who have actually purchased the content. 

Edited by LpBronco, Aug 31 2018 - 22:57.


Avalon304 #20 Posted Sep 01 2018 - 11:46

    Major

  • Players
  • 20785 battles
  • 8,872
  • [BRVE] BRVE
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012

View PostLpBronco, on Aug 31 2018 - 14:56, said:

 

..an extreme minority opinion and rebalancing within the preferred matchmaking scheme is absolutely preferred from those of us who have actually purchased the content. 

 

I have indeed purchased a great deal of the pref MM tanks in question. A cursory glance at my service record would show that there are several pref MM vehicles among my played tanks, including the JT8,8, Super Pershing, IS-6, and KV-5, all of which were purchased back when they were the only real viable means of providing crew training to the lines they sit alongside. So to insinuate that I havent purchased the content in question is silly. (There are several more at tier 8 alone, but they were either gifted to me, won, or were rentals).

 

Theyve always been garbage vehicles, but with them keeping the one thing thats hamstringing them, they will remain garbage for the forseeable future. None of these changes are meaningful to the tanks, nor will they ever be. They wont stand up to tier 9 vehicles any more after them thean they do before, and most of them still wont stand up to same tier vehicles. Congrats you get to keep your garbage vehicles as garbage all because you want prefMM, because they will never be as useful as a full MM vehicles because theyre never going to get the stats to stand up to a full MM vehicle. Thats too bad... because there was a real chance they would have been viable against tier 9 tanks if prefMM had gone away. They'll continue to be a waste of a team slot if theyre into a battle up until prefMM finally goes away. And honestly... I thinks thats where this farce will lead... ultimately I think WGs endgame is still the complete and utter destruction of prefMM as a mechanic. I think theyre going to string this out and show people that prefMM needs to actually go for these tanks to both become good again and for the game to improve as a whole and then it'll go away. Whether you like it or not. And honestly, I hope that day comes very very soon, because the sooner it does, the sooner these tank can stop being giant dust magnets.

 

View PostTommyBuns, on Aug 31 2018 - 13:16, said:

 

These tanks will never be "viable" again. Although these tanks are still for sale in the tech tree and premium shop, only someone ignorant of how bad they are is going to buy them. Now, WG could in theory buff them to the point that they're competitive again, in an effort to make them desirable for buyers. But how many people would actually buy them, especially after they had marathons and gave them away? Nay, the market is saturated with these sh@theaps, and therein lies the problem. If these tanks were made competitive again, people would actually start playing them, rather than buy new premium tanks. It wouldn't have mattered if they went the other way with this, and removed the pref. mm, as the buffs would not have been significant enough to make these tanks relevant again anyways for the reason I just mentioned above. Come on guys, this isn't rocket science, it's Russian Marketing 101.

 

Honestly, having seen the proposed buffs for the KV-5 had it lost pref MM the tank would have been a viable choice in tier 8 battles and tier 9 battles, and would have been no worse off than any other tier 8 tank in a tier 10 battle. Wheres as now it will still be a giant XP pinatas for all tier 8 and 9 vehicles, barring maybe light tanks (and thats only because the guns on most like tanks are extra trash). The same could have been said for all of these tanks.

 

I mean if your theory were true... then no one would ahve ever bought another premium after the Defender or Patriot... because theyre clearly better than 99% of the other premiums that have come out, even recently. But thats hasnt stopped people from buying new tanks.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users