Jump to content


FIX THE INVISIBLE TANKS.


  • Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

the_dude_76 #41 Posted Sep 03 2018 - 16:15

    Major

  • Players
  • 32843 battles
  • 3,644
  • [GSRM] GSRM
  • Member since:
    12-27-2011

View PostMonarchco, on Sep 03 2018 - 03:59, said:

 

Provide spotting mechanics are broken complaint number #XXXXX on Wargaming's pile. Increasing it by .01% to something they might bother fixing.

 

literally my goal was completed when I pressed "create thread". Everything since then has been a waste of time.

 

Hate to burst your bubble but even your OP was a waste of time. If you want a complaint added to the pile you need to file a ticket with support because no one who has any clout pays any attention to the forums.

MadMatt32171 #42 Posted Jan 04 2019 - 17:36

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 19195 battles
  • 3
  • [OC1] OC1
  • Member since:
    10-19-2014

The view mechanics are crap. Being hit by invisible tanks, or worse - having a tank in sight, aimed, and then either a) tank vanishes and point of aim shifts so fired round misses, or b) round is fired, tank vanishes, and round passes through "empty" space without hitting.

 

IMHO, tanks should be visible all the time regardless of distance (except in SPG artillery mode). If it's behind cover it's that much harder to see. What the camo, equipment, and crew skills should affect is: 1) when they pop up on the map and 2) when the red outline appears. 3) Chance to hit at a given distance. 4) Just an idea - maybe the tank would be visible but translucent based on equipment, skills etc, or color tinted to match background, so people wouldn't be penalized for having more colorful paint schemes, decals etc; so when "spotted" in the sense they are tanks would then be rendered normally.

 

That would make it realistic and still allow the buff system to function. I know this isn't simulator, but I feel something needs to change to make it less frustrating.

 

 



Nunya_000 #43 Posted Jan 04 2019 - 17:43

    Major

  • Players
  • 21086 battles
  • 13,484
  • [PACNW] PACNW
  • Member since:
    09-20-2013

View PostMadMatt32171, on Jan 04 2019 - 08:36, said:

The view mechanics are crap. Being hit by invisible tanks, or worse - having a tank in sight, aimed, and then either a) tank vanishes and point of aim shifts so fired round misses, or b) round is fired, tank vanishes, and round passes through "empty" space without hitting.

 

 

 

That is not how the game works.  Even if you can not see the tank, it is still there and your round will hit it if it is on target.

 

The current spotting system is actually quite easy and intuitive once a player learns it.



CardboardJedi #44 Posted Jan 06 2019 - 03:54

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 12329 battles
  • 466
  • [DDVR] DDVR
  • Member since:
    02-19-2012
I'd say they HAVE fixed it. Back in the day my T95 and it's newly researched Klingon Cloaking Device was nigh unbeatable. I could park in the1 field in Malinovka and fire and remain invisible. Sure isn't that way now

Manimal__ #45 Posted Jan 06 2019 - 17:52

    Major

  • Players
  • 40126 battles
  • 3,567
  • Member since:
    08-20-2013

View Postthe_dude_76, on Sep 02 2018 - 08:40, said:

Out of curiosity, how do you determine the distance of an unspotted tank??

 

Bro, what a STUPID question to ask. Maps are roughly 1000 size with a 10 x 10 grid. You see where you are on the map and you guess where the invisible tank is shooting you from. It's just that simple!!!

EmperorJuliusCaesar #46 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 10:20

    Major

  • Players
  • 32523 battles
  • 5,382
  • [EOR] EOR
  • Member since:
    03-16-2014

View PostMonarchco, on Sep 02 2018 - 23:37, said:

When I have 450m view range.

And I'm 100m away from a god damn S1 on Sand River, with direct line of sight, and no bushes anywhere between us or around us. YET ITS UNSPOTTED?

 

Last I checked the S1 doesn't get a damn 75%+ camo even with a camo net. There is absolutely NO REASON he shouldn't have been spotted.

 

This kind of [edited]didn't happen before these idiotic 1.0 maps. Absolute trash.

 

Have you guys at WG considered why the player base is currently lower than it was before 1.0? Why you only got 2 weeks or so of a boost before it dropped to pre 1.0 levels?

 

 

***************A SHINY TURD IS STILL A TURD WARGAMING.***************

 

inb4 NA gets merged with EU in a year or 2 due to low pop.

 

The light tank view range nerfed has been total trash.  Encourages camping, turtle'ing and draws.  UDES/STRV cause way more camping and draws than arty. 



EmperorJuliusCaesar #47 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 12:42

    Major

  • Players
  • 32523 battles
  • 5,382
  • [EOR] EOR
  • Member since:
    03-16-2014

View Postthe_dude_76, on Sep 03 2018 - 03:10, said:

View PostBabA_YA6A, on Sep 02 2018 - 13:16, said:

 

In every incident the vehicle appeared out of nowhere on flat surface without any foilage or trees.

 

So how do you explain the fact that the vast majority of players never experience what happens to you multiple times?? How could the spotting mechanics only be broken for a small percentage of players??

 

Sounds like classic GPU lag to me....it's usually the culprit.  People running at too high of graphic settings for their computer to keep up.



Ich_bin_Hass #48 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 15:42

    Captain

  • Players
  • 78831 battles
  • 1,036
  • [1VETS] 1VETS
  • Member since:
    04-30-2011

View Posttod914, on Sep 02 2018 - 11:41, said:

Was in my Stug B the other day on Lakeview.  End of the match, I drove north to the end of the center lake road.  Right at the very last crest where the lake ends, I was less than 2 meters away from an Alecto and Stug.  Neither lit after firing.  They only lit after each fired 2 or 3 rounds.  Did they move to break camo?  No.  They should of broke camo when they fired.  Whacky.   Also seen a Cromwell flashing on and off on another map, from less than 5 meters away.  Spotting mechanics can do some odd things at times.

 

Spotting has always been screwed up. Was spotting on the Widepark map AT SPAWN !! With the RR Berm and buildings between me and every enemy tank. But I was spotted before I could move when the timer went zero.

SquishySupreme #49 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 05:09

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 1303 battles
  • 119
  • Member since:
    10-29-2018
For me, not lighting up tanks is a bigger issue.  We are facing each other, we can SEE each other in the open in regular mode, but the second we both move to zoom/sniper mode, our cross-hair decides that it is brain dead.  I can't tell you how many times since the last patch that I have had to fire fully zoomed out.

Nunya_000 #50 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 15:51

    Major

  • Players
  • 21086 battles
  • 13,484
  • [PACNW] PACNW
  • Member since:
    09-20-2013

View PostIch_bin_Hass, on Jan 08 2019 - 06:42, said:

 

Spotting has always been screwed up. Was spotting on the Widepark map AT SPAWN !! With the RR Berm and buildings between me and every enemy tank. But I was spotted before I could move when the timer went zero.

 

Sound like bovine excrement to me.  I'm betting you don't have a replay.

Nunya_000 #51 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 15:54

    Major

  • Players
  • 21086 battles
  • 13,484
  • [PACNW] PACNW
  • Member since:
    09-20-2013

View PostSquishySupreme, on Jan 09 2019 - 20:09, said:

For me, not lighting up tanks is a bigger issue.  We are facing each other, we can SEE each other in the open in regular mode, but the second we both move to zoom/sniper mode, our cross-hair decides that it is brain dead.  I can't tell you how many times since the last patch that I have had to fire fully zoomed out.

 

Zooming in has no impact on the spotting mechanics.  More likely the other tank was spotted by one of your team mates and they move behind an object or did something else that caused them to lose spotting just as you zoomed in.

SquishySupreme #52 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 08:01

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 1303 battles
  • 119
  • Member since:
    10-29-2018
No, this is since the last patch.  We see each other but the other person is not outlined in red despite only being about 200m away in the open.  This happens when we have a valley between us.  I can zoom out all the way and hit the person by firing at the drawn tank that I can actually see but the second I zoom in, my aim bounces all over the place trying to adjust and not being able to lock on.
 

Nunya_000 #53 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 15:44

    Major

  • Players
  • 21086 battles
  • 13,484
  • [PACNW] PACNW
  • Member since:
    09-20-2013

View PostSquishySupreme, on Jan 10 2019 - 23:01, said:

No, this is since the last patch.  We see each other but the other person is not outlined in red despite only being about 200m away in the open.  This happens when we have a valley between us.  I can zoom out all the way and hit the person by firing at the drawn tank that I can actually see but the second I zoom in, my aim bounces all over the place trying to adjust and not being able to lock on.
 

 

Replay?

SquishySupreme #54 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 21:24

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 1303 battles
  • 119
  • Member since:
    10-29-2018
You don't need a replay to see this happen.  Just play some games with tanks on hills.  The problem is that tanks are simply not being outlined when in sniper mode despite there being a clean shot when you are not in sniper mode.  Sniper mode seems to apply all of the nerfs and hidden tank nonsense to your view/get confused and fully zoomed out/regular mode you can see the tanks being drawn out to your computer's view range.  

Nunya_000 #55 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 21:57

    Major

  • Players
  • 21086 battles
  • 13,484
  • [PACNW] PACNW
  • Member since:
    09-20-2013

View PostSquishySupreme, on Jan 11 2019 - 12:24, said:

You don't need a replay to see this happen.  Just play some games with tanks on hills.  The problem is that tanks are simply not being outlined when in sniper mode despite there being a clean shot when you are not in sniper mode.  Sniper mode seems to apply all of the nerfs and hidden tank nonsense to your view/get confused and fully zoomed out/regular mode you can see the tanks being drawn out to your computer's view range.  

 

I've played about 20k more battles than you have (at least with the account you are using) and I have never had this problem.....so, ya....I need a replay to see what you are talking about if it is that important for you to figure out what really happening.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users