FIX THE INVISIBLE TANKS.

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

GeorgePreddy #21 Posted Sep 02 2018 - 19:56

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

View Poststubmw, on Sep 02 2018 - 15:34, said:

Yea there is a lot of wonk in the spotting mechanics, like someone said above I think packet loss is responsible for some of it. I have been pinging in the 30's and still have packet loss at times. Still this falls squarely in the lap of WG and the junk servers and tech they run. 

Packet loss is more commonly somewhere between your computer and the WG server, much more often than in the WG server. The last time I suffered much packet loss it was in my modem. How is that "squarely in the lap of WG" ??

Monarchco #22 Posted Sep 02 2018 - 19:58

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13217 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Sep 02 2018 - 11:49, said:

Let's see a replay... I take issue

I quite frankly don't care.

I posted this thread in the feedback sub forum. Not general. I don't care about your opinion or anyone elses and if you believe me or not.

Wargaming had better be aware that this problem already exists with the volume of video evidence out there. As such, this thread merely serves the purpose for me to vent, and to lodge an additional complaint. More complaints mean a company resolves problems quicker(typically).

tldr; No I'm not going to upload a reply. I don't care if you believe me or not. Your skepticism has no bearing on if and when this issue gets resolved by wargaming. And there's more than enough video proof in circulation already for wargaming themselves. 

GeorgePreddy #23 Posted Sep 02 2018 - 20:00

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

View PostMonarchco, on Sep 02 2018 - 15:53, said:

lul. Please don't ever say "WoT Spotting mechanics are realistic" ever again, no matter how much you dress up the language.

Why exactly did you link a reroll account?

I never said they are "realistic", that is your word, my language is clear and succinct. The spotting/view mechanics in this game are well conceived, well constructed and well implemented based on the restrictions I listed.

Why do you have a problem with my sig being an account that is mine, but different from my original account?

Monarchco #24 Posted Sep 02 2018 - 20:03

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13217 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Sep 02 2018 - 11:56, said:

Packet loss is more commonly somewhere between your computer and the WG server, much more often than in the WG server. The last time I suffered much packet loss it was in my modem. How is that "squarely in the lap of WG" ??

Your fake signature is obnoxious. Stop making me delete it from quotes of you in order to prevent your quote from taking up half a page. And the colored text is even more incessant

Of your response to stubmw, vision checks are done serverside, but the rendering of tanks is not. Vision checks are also constant. You can expect a continuous flow of vision information between the server upwards of 30 refreshes per second. You'd have to lose VERY specific packets, and upwards of 20-30% packet loss in order for network to impact the vision system. 

GeorgePreddy #25 Posted Sep 02 2018 - 20:03

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

View PostMonarchco, on Sep 02 2018 - 15:58, said:

I quite frankly don't care.

I posted this thread in the feedback sub forum. Not general. I don't care about your opinion or anyone elses and if you believe me or not.

Wargaming had better be aware that this problem already exists with the volume of video evidence out there. As such, this thread merely serves the purpose for me to vent, and to lodge an additional complaint. More complaints mean a company resolves problems quicker(typically).

tldr; No I'm not going to upload a reply. I don't care if you believe me or not. Your skepticism has no bearing on if and when this issue gets resolved by wargaming. And there's more than enough video proof in circulation already for wargaming themselves. 

You will need a replay if you expect WG to pay any attention to your cool story, in my humble opinion.

So, why not post it for all to see ?

Are you concerned about your replay in any way ?

Monarchco #26 Posted Sep 02 2018 - 20:04

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13217 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Sep 02 2018 - 12:00, said:

I never said they are "realistic", that is your word, my language is clear and succinct. The spotting/view mechanics in this game are well conceived, well constructed and well implemented based on the restrictions I listed.

Why do you have a problem with my sig being an account that is mine, but different from my original account?

Because its not a signature.

It's something you're copy/pasting into every single reply of yours like a child. I'm sure you're pasting the text color formatting into *every single reply* as well.

It's utterly obnoxious.

Monarchco #27 Posted Sep 02 2018 - 20:05

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13217 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Sep 02 2018 - 12:03, said:

You will need a replay if you expect WG to pay any attention to your cool story, in my humble opinion.

So, why not post it for all to see ?

Are you concerned about your replay in any way ?

No. Unless Wargaming has ignored all other video evidence to date, then I don't need a replay for them to throw this on the pile of vision system errors. And if they've been ignoring all other video evidence to date, what do you think another replay is going to do?

GeorgePreddy #28 Posted Sep 02 2018 - 20:07

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

View PostMonarchco, on Sep 02 2018 - 16:03, said:

Your fake signature is obnoxious.

My sig is not "fake".  It is a Wotlabs generated sig for the account I am currently playing the most. The account belongs to me and only me and has been played only by me... therefore, very genuine in every way.

I use green text because it is proven to be restful to human eyes.

Monarchco #29 Posted Sep 02 2018 - 20:14

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13217 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Sep 02 2018 - 12:07, said:

My sig is not "fake".  It is a Wotlabs generated sig for the account I am currently playing the most. The account belongs to me and only me and has been played only by me... therefore, very genuine in every way.

I use green text because it is proven to be restful to human eyes.

It is most certainly fake.

Want to know how to tell if its a fake signature?

*BECAUSE ITS NOT IN YOUR SIGNATURE*

Its either a signature or its not. Stop copy/pasting it, and do me a favor and go away.

Hellsfog #30 Posted Sep 02 2018 - 20:14

Major

• Players
  • 37823 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View PostBabA_YA6A, on Sep 02 2018 - 12:42, said:

What good would a replay do?

You can't fix the issue and most certainly I don't make the story up just to come here on the forum.

Oh, I don't know maybe the replay will let people see what actually happened in case his description is entirely accurate or otherwise explain what happened. At the very least it would illustrate his complaint exactly. Of course if you and he are here merely to [edited]like little children then carry on. 

Edited by Hellsfog, Sep 02 2018 - 20:16.

BabA_YA6A #31 Posted Sep 02 2018 - 20:16

Captain

• Players
  • 26352 battles
  • [O-VER] O-VER

View Postthe_dude_76, on Sep 03 2018 - 02:06, said:

Just because you're not making the story up doesn't mean that you're right. Lots of soft cover along the lane on Prokhorovka, it doesn't matter how many skills your crew has, they can't see through cover...

In every incident the vehicle appeared out of nowhere on flat surface without any foilage or trees.

the_dude_76 #32 Posted Sep 02 2018 - 21:08

Major

• Players
  • 33781 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View PostMonarchco, on Sep 02 2018 - 13:05, said:

No. Unless Wargaming has ignored all other video evidence to date, then I don't need a replay for them to throw this on the pile of vision system errors. And if they've been ignoring all other video evidence to date, what do you think another replay is going to do?

?? What did you think this entire thread was going to do?? If you think posting a replay would be a waste of time then all of the time and effort you've spent posting and then responding has been equally wasted...

the_dude_76 #33 Posted Sep 02 2018 - 21:10

Major

• Players
  • 33781 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View PostBabA_YA6A, on Sep 02 2018 - 13:16, said:

In every incident the vehicle appeared out of nowhere on flat surface without any foilage or trees.

So how do you explain the fact that the vast majority of players never experience what happens to you multiple times?? How could the spotting mechanics only be broken for a small percentage of players??

The_Illusive_Man #34 Posted Sep 02 2018 - 21:20

Major

• -Players-
  • 13312 battles

View PostMonarchco, on Sep 02 2018 - 15:43, said:

wthis this.

I understand how the game is supposed to work. Or at least how WG claims its supposed to work.

Spoiler

Oh, given the content, I just assumed you where like the rest....

Termitey #35 Posted Sep 02 2018 - 21:21

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 91047 battles
  • [GOD_Z] GOD_Z
Spotting has gotten worse and worse over the last few years

BabA_YA6A #36 Posted Sep 02 2018 - 22:10

Captain

• Players
  • 26352 battles
  • [O-VER] O-VER

View Postthe_dude_76, on Sep 03 2018 - 04:10, said:

So how do you explain the fact that the vast majority of players never experience what happens to you multiple times?? How could the spotting mechanics only be broken for a small percentage of players??

Because the vast majority does not even bother to look what is going on on the forum including wargaming.

If you have not noticed that the WoT player population has changed and the main player contingent are less than average player now.

I am certain that many of these players don't even have a clue how the spotting mechanics actually work.

the_dude_76 #37 Posted Sep 02 2018 - 23:25

Major

• Players
  • 33781 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View PostBabA_YA6A, on Sep 02 2018 - 15:10, said:

Because the vast majority does not even bother to look what is going on on the forum including wargaming.

If you have not noticed that the WoT player population has changed and the main player contingent are less than average player now.

I am certain that many of these players don't even have a clue how the spotting mechanics actually work.

So you're just assuming the problem is game wide. I know how they work, why don't I have these issues?? The forum is full of knowledgeable people who post regularly, why aren't they saying they've got a problem??

Post a replay, that way we can see if it's a rendering issue or actually a problem with the spotting mechanics...

Cmdr_Adama_BSG75 #38 Posted Sep 03 2018 - 01:23

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 37947 battles
  • [GST] GST

View PostBabA_YA6A, on Sep 02 2018 - 11:41, said:

The spotting mechanics on this game are utter broke. 

This phenomenon occured to me numerous times now that an enemy vehicle pops up right in front of me.

Yesterday on Prokhorovka being in a TD on 1 line my vehicle has a five and six skill crew and a heavy appeared right in front of me coming down the one line.

I would call that broken spotting mechanics.

View PostBabA_YA6A, on Sep 02 2018 - 11:41, said:

The spotting mechanics on this game are utter broke. 

This phenomenon occured to me numerous times now that an enemy vehicle pops up right in front of me.

Yesterday on Prokhorovka being in a TD on 1 line my vehicle has a five and six skill crew and a heavy appeared right in front of me coming down the one line.

I would call that broken spotting mechanics.

That might have been me in my 6 skilled T-29. I drove right up on the guy before he ever saw me. I mean like 20 yards away. Happened the opposite way also, a guy drove up to about 20-30 yards away before spotting me. He was right beside me when I knocked the F out of him. 

64sherman #39 Posted Sep 03 2018 - 03:12

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26637 battles
  • [MOZZY] MOZZY

View Postthe_dude_76, on Sep 02 2018 - 12:10, said:

But you admit that your experience has ZERO to do with the spotting mechanics so I'm not sure what your point is.

No point other than that there are players that DO experience invisible tanks, and that not every single thread about invisible tanks is by a noob who doesn't get how spotting works.  OP has 10k battles.  I'm going to assume he at least knows his way around spotting mechanics.  I for one believe people when they claim there are invisible tanks not rendering, but I always do so with a grain of salt knowing that it's either:

A: their computer doing something weird or,

B: they don't know how the mechanics work.  

Monarchco #40 Posted Sep 03 2018 - 10:59

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13217 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0

View Postthe_dude_76, on Sep 02 2018 - 13:08, said:

?? What did you think this entire thread was going to do?? If you think posting a replay would be a waste of time then all of the time and effort you've spent posting and then responding has been equally wasted...

Provide spotting mechanics are broken complaint number #XXXXX on Wargaming's pile. Increasing it by .01% to something they might bother fixing.

literally my goal was completed when I pressed "create thread". Everything since then has been a waste of time.

Edited by Monarchco, Sep 03 2018 - 11:00.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users