A guide to the T2 Light Tank

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
54 replies to this topic

Toasted_Rofls #1 Posted Sep 11 2011 - 08:07

Major

• Players
  • 9759 battles

http://www.wwiivehic...ght-tank-01.jpg

Yes, I know it has no gun. This is the best picture I could find.

A Basic Guide to the T2 Light Tank by an Average Player

Hello! My name is Toasted_Rofls, and I am by no means a good player. I would say I rank in the average to perhaps slightly above average range. I have 52 80 battles in the T2 Light, and a 66% win rate in it. I believe I have played it enough to get a good grasp on how to use it. I have seen many people using the T2 in a in ineffective way, and hope to help said people. I currently have a total of 229 battles in scout tanks, spread over my Luchs, Leopard, and T2. EDIT: I've been playing my scouts a lot more, and have gotten even more of them. I now have a total of 569 scout tank battles spread over my VK 2801, Leopard, Luchs, T-15, T-50, M-5 Stuart, T2 Light Tank, M2 Light Tank, and Locust. EDIT TO THE EDIT: O.k, I have a lot of scout tank battles, now, and I don't feel like adding them up. I now own all of the tier 5 lights, and a bunch more lower tier scouts. Basically, I have a pretty good grasp on scout tanks. While this is by no means alot, it is enough I have enough battles for me to be comfortable talking about how to use them. First off, let's talk about the T2 Light Tanks and its stats. (Stolen from the WoT Wiki)

Modules

Posted ImageII 20 mm Hispano Suiza Birgikt Gun M112/12(HP)30/41(mm)125(r/m)0.44(m)1.5(s)Posted Image68(kg)                                                                                                                                              Posted ImageI T2D116/16/16(mm)45(d/s)300(m)Posted Image700(kg)   Posted ImageIV Continental R-670-5265(h.p.)20%Posted Image256(kg) Posted ImageII T16E28.3(t)47(d/s)Posted Image1 800(kg) Posted ImageIV SCR 210370(m)1 980 Posted Image80(kg)

Being a premium tank, what you see is what you get. No upgrades are available.

Crew 3 Health 150 Weight/Load Limit 7.6/8.3(t) Engine Power 265(hp) Speed Limit 72(km/h) Traverse Speed47(deg/s) Turret Traverse 45(deg/s) Hull Armor17/15/6(mm) Turret Armor16/16/16(mm) Damage 9-15 Penetration 23-38(mm) Rate of Fire 125(r/m) View Range300(m) Signal Range 370(m) Accuracy 0.44(m) Aim time1.5(s) Chance of Fire 20(%)

Speed and Maneuverability

If anything should jump out at you, it should be the weight, armor, and most importantly, the speed limit. This tank literally can not go any faster, the game engine will not allow it. Not only is the speed limit insane, the engine has no issues getting the T2 to that speed, and it gets there fast. This thing goes up hills faster than most tanks go down them. You barely loose the speed either. You can weave in and out as much as you want, but you will not drop below 50, assuming your not on bad terrain or going up a hill. The only reason to get the T2 is the speed, and boy, does it have speed. The T2 is the fastest tank in the game, right next to the A-20. And unlike the A-20, the MM doesn't hate you. This thing is fast, you have to play in one to really come to grips with it. It makes all your other tanks feel slow. Thought your favorite medium was quick? The T2 just laughs at it. There are no tanks that can chase down a T2 light. None. Not even the A-20, due to its bad turning abilities. This tank can outrun Leopards, I know because I've done it. How many tanks do you own that can outrun a Leopard? Even when the new tier 5 scouts come out, the T2 will most likely still be able to outrun them, all though it will be harder. It goes fast, and it keeps that speed. Not only that, it has surprisingly good turning abilities, even when hurtling through the map at 72 KMH. While this isn't the tank to use if you want to circle of death someone, it is quite controllable, and can round a corner far better than you would think. You can weave in and out of Himmelsdorf, for example, at full speed if you know where and when to turn, and have some practice. I cannot stress enough how fast this tank is. You can be in the enemy base before most of them have even decided where to go.

Firepower

The T2 Light gets one gun, and that is the Hispano Suiza Birgikt gun, also known as the "pew pew gun". Yes, it is an autocannon. Yes, it has lol damage. But, remember, that is damage per a round. You shoot off a lot of rounds at once. It adds up. The penetration is sufficient for the tier, and you can hurt nearly all tanks in your tier from the front, and every tank from the sides and the rear. The damage drop off is pretty bad, so you need to get in close to use it. Not that you would be sniping in a T2 Light Tank anyway. The auto-cannon isn't that accurate, but since most of your rounds would miss anyways when spamming on the move, it doesn't really matter. The gun really fits this tank well. You can spam rounds better than pretty much any tank in the game, as you have a lot of rounds (1200) and the ammo is very cheap. I think the most rounds I have ever expended in one game was around 350, and in that game I killed 6 tanks. If you see someone, shoot at him. Even if you do no damage, you can divert his attention, and often, you will end up doing some damage. A tank at 93% is 7% easier for your teammates to kill than a tank at 100%, and every little bit counts more than you think. If you knock off 10% of the health of 3 different tanks, you have made a difference. There isn't much to say about the autocannon. It really fits this tank well, as you almost never get a chance to stop and aim, and your chance of hitting something with this gun is far, far higher than if you where using a standard cannon. Remember, you can shoot whatever you see, and you can shoot on the move. You have the ammo capacity and the RoF to do it.

Armor

Lol. 17mm front, 15mm side, and 6mm rear hull armor. 6MM is the smallest armor value in the game, on any tank. I'm pretty sure a SAPI plate (A bullet proof plate worn by the armed forces) will stop a round better. Luckily, you have a good amount of slope, so rounds that hit the lower area of the hull will have a harder time penetrating. The turret armor is 16mm all around. No hull down for this tank. Not that you could anyways, the gun depression is pretty awful by American tank standards. It's still better than most German and Soviet tanks though. Basically, your armor will stop some tier 1 guns if you angle your armor. Your best bet is not to be hit at all, something the T2 excels at.

Other Important Factors

The radio on this tank is pretty bad, at least for scouting. It's fine for tier 2, however. The view range on this tank is o.k, but nothing special for tier 2. The tank is quite small, and the cammo value seems to be pretty good, so with a net and a 100% crew, you can ninja tank if you want. Not that many of you would, seeing as how the whole point of this tank is to go really fast. Still, some of you will want to ninja, so I included a guide for that play style. This tank weighs nothing by tank standards. Most tanks turrets alone weigh more than you. Do not ram anything, ever, unless it is another T2 Light Tank, a Locust, or a tier 1. You will die a humiliating quick death, and the enemy will suffer a damaged track and loose 4% of its health. It's named the T2 Light Tank for a reason.

This Tank has 3 Speeds- Fast, Hiding, and Dead (A guide on how to play the T2)

The T2 Light Tank is easily one of the funnest tanks in the game, but it needs to be played right. There are two ways to really play the T2 well, aggressive scout, and cautious scout. The former is far more fun for me, but I have no doubt many players will find using the T2 as a blistering fast ninja tank more enjoyable. It's all personal preference. You can be equally successful and help the team the same amount using both methods. I have played the aggressive scout primarily, so if anyone else has experience invisa-tanking with the T2, I would appreciate if they could speak up so I can make this guide better.

Aggressive Scouting (Also known as "Go really fast and don't get shot")

My personal favorite way of using this tank. There are two ways to approach this. You can either think of it as a suicide run, albeit and awesome, long lasting suicide run that will actually help your team, or as a more fluid, longer lasting situation dependent map patrol. Either way is fun. The first way is actually good on this tank. Basically, barrel into the enemies territory, and shoot as many tanks as possible while trying not to die for as long as you can. The thing that makes this tank good at this is that it is so damn hard to hit, and keeps its speed so well. While you are distracting the enemy team, your team can get into position easier, your SPG's can pound stuff, and you can take a large portion of the enemy team out of the main fight by distracting them, making your teams life easier. I never use this method, except on Campinovka, where it works really damn well if your team is able to pick off all the targets you light up. Sure, you will die, but your team will kill two thirds of their team. A pretty good trade off, IMO. My favorite way to use the T2, however, is to "patrol" the map, racing through it lighting up, lighting enemies up and harassing the enemy team. It works really well on many maps, and gives your teammates a chance to come in while the enemy is distracted and kill them with ease. I once had 3 tanks focus on me on Ensk. None of them hit me, except one auto-cannon burst, and due to the angle only 2 penned. A friendly TD proceeded to kill all three of them while they where distracted. Take the long routes in your T2, because when you go 72 KMH, no route is long. Race through forgotten areas, get into the enemies base, kill their arty, start capping, and then speed out as they start rushing back to defend their base. It is a very effective tactic, and it wins games. Never stop moving when playing aggressively, ever, unless you are using the enemies arty for cover from fire, which I do often. It works quite well, actually. Speed past a fight, spam some rounds in the enemies direction, but keep going. While the enemy is distracted, your teammates can get in a free shot, and the chance of the enemy actually hitting you when you whiz by them at 72 KPH is pretty damn low. Rove the map, engaging enemies in hit-and-run strafing attacks. This tank excels at it, and it is extremely fun to do. I since you want to be as mobile as possible, and any weight is bad on such a light tank, I recommend the light-weight Improved Ventilation and the no-weight adding Coated Optics equipment. Since your always moving, at all times, the Binocular Telescope, Camo Net, and Enhanced Gun Laying Drive equipment are all nearly worthless, and the other equipment options do not justify there added weight when using this tank in the aggressive scouting method.

Cautious Scouting (Also known as "Ninja-ing")

Another fun way to use the T2, albeit far more expensive required equipment wise, and it is pretty much useless in many lower tier matches. Still, if you platoon with a buddy, you can get into games where this tactic works well, just try not to get into to high of a tier matches. Basically, platoon with a tier 3 tank, that will get you the best results. A tier 4 can and will end up in tier 7 matches, which you do not want. Having a buddy in a Locust would be a good idea, you can invisa-tank together in your little micro-tanks. Anyhow, to play with this style, you will need the following: Coated Optics (500,000 Cr), Binocular Telescope (500,000 Cr), and a Camo Net (100,000 Cr). That equals 1,100,000 Cr in total. Ouch. You can get a tier 6 tank and all of the upgraded modules for that much. Still, if you want be a ninja, you gotta pay the price.  

You will also need the self control to not rocket around the map. I know it sounds easy, but once you try it, you will have a hard time sitting still, knowing what you could be doing. A crew with 100% camo is also nice, but not required to Ninja, all though it will help immensely. At the beginning of the match, race off to a good hiding spot where you know a lot of enemy tanks will most likely go, and your arty can easily hit. Go into a bush, and sit still. This is important, as it will increase your camo and your view range due to your equipment. Sit quietly while enemies light up, because if you move, and they see you, then it all goes to waste, as they will take cover from your allies imminent barrage. Once you feel you've done your job, or your cover is blown, getting out and to a new position is easy. You have the fastest tank in the game, with good handling and acceleration. Getting out should be no problem. I don't have much experience stealth moding in this tank, so if anyone does, please tell us what you recommend so I can fix this section.

Conclusion

I love this little tank. It cost 750 gold, and is completely worth it. If you have to buy a premium tank, and don't need or don't want to spend the money on a Lowe, get this. It looks fast, and my god, does it live up to it's looks. It's pretty much a racecar with a pew pew gun mounted on it. I love this tank to death, it is amazing. If you use this tank well, it will perform. I have gotten 1 Top Gun in this tank, but I have no doubt in my mind better players will have no issue getting them even more than me. Also, this thing prints scout medals if you play it really aggressively, and is one of the few tanks that can get out after spotting three fourths of the enemy team without dying. In fact, I've done it without taking any damage at all.

If this article is good enough, perhaps it can be pinned? Anyhow, I hope this helped some of you out there. If your having reservations about buying a T2 Light Tank, I did to, but have not regretted it once after I purchased it and played my first game. If you have any ideas how to improve this guide, please, please tell me.

Good luck, and good hunting scouting.

.                      -Toasted_Rofls

BRAND NEW! AN AWESOME REPLAY! WATCH THE DRUM SYSTEM IN ACTION! TOP GUN! YEAH!

In this awesome replay, I straight up machine gun two tanks to death, and also get Top Gun. It is awesome.

Click here for awesomeness.

theshiyal #2 Posted Sep 11 2011 - 09:00

Captain

• Players
  • 6947 battles
  • [RCON] RCON
That was my last plus one for today.  :Smile_honoring:

Still working towards the top gun, have gotten a few 4 kill games.  Best cheap premium ever.  Second only to the mighty mighty Lowe (personal best game 1,992XP non-doubled/non-premium) and mighty mighty Hotchkiss (max kills 11).

Chrazel #3 Posted Sep 11 2011 - 09:12

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 5330 battles
I need to buy this tank :D

Toasted_Rofls #4 Posted Sep 11 2011 - 09:28

Major

• Players
  • 9759 battles

View PostChrazel, on Sep 11 2011 - 09:12, said:

I need to buy this tank :D

Yes, yes you do. If you buy a large pack of gold, it will cost you $3.50 in real money for the tank. That is roughly the cost of two large candy bars. If you can't afford two large candy bars, well, then, I have no idea how you can afford the computer you are playing this game on. And, unlike candy bars, the T2 Light Tank will give you hours of entertainment, and will not melt in the sun. Think about it. You pay what, $15 to see a movie? That's around 2 hours at most of entertainment, assuming it's a good movie. The T2 is a fourth of the cost, and gives you more enjoyment, for longer. Not only that, you know it will be good, because, I am telling, it will be good. And, you are supporting this game.

It's a win win. And, if you hate arty, this tank is really good at killing them. If you like arty, this tank is really good at spotting for them. And if you are neutral, this tank is still awesome. Also, I think it is slightly OP when in tier 2 and under matches. But don't talk about it, I don't want this thing nerfed.

VonSchmuke #5 Posted Sep 12 2011 - 00:50

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 8897 battles
  • [T-W-C] T-W-C

View PostToasted_Rofls, on Sep 11 2011 - 08:07, said:

http://www.wwiivehic...ght-tank-01.jpg

Yes, I know it has no gun. This is the best picture I could find.

A Basic Guide to the T2 Light Tank by an Average Player

Hello! My name is Toasted_Rofls, and I am by no means a good player. I would say I rank in the average to perhaps slightly above average range. I have 52 battles in the T2 Light, and a 66% win rate in it. I believe I have played it enough to get a good grasp on how to use it. I have seen many people using the T2 in a in ineffective way, and hope to help said people. I currently have a total of 229 battles in scout tanks, spread over my Luchs, Leopard, and T2. While this is by no means alot, it is enough for me to be comfortable talking about how to use them. First off, let's talk about the T2 Light Tanks and its stats. (Stolen from the WoT Wiki)

Modules

Posted ImageII 20 mm Hispano Suiza Birgikt Gun M112/12(HP)30/41(mm)125(r/m)0.44(m)1.5(s)Posted Image68(kg)                                                                                                                  Posted ImageI T2D116/16/16(mm)45(d/s)300(m)Posted Image700(kg)   Posted ImageIV Continental R-670-5265(h.p.)20%Posted Image256(kg) Posted ImageII T16E28.3(t)47(d/s)Posted Image1 800(kg) Posted ImageIV SCR 210370(m)1 980 Posted Image80(kg)

Being a premium tank, what you see is what you get. No upgrades are available.

Crew 3 Health 150 Weight/Load Limit 7.6/8.3(t) Engine Power 265(hp) Speed Limit 72(km/h) Traverse Speed47(deg/s) Turret Traverse 45(deg/s) Hull Armor17/15/6(mm) Turret Armor16/16/16(mm) Damage 9-15 Penetration 23-38(mm) Rate of Fire 125(r/m) View Range300(m) Signal Range 370(m) Accuracy 0.44(m) Aim time1.5(s) Chance of Fire 20(%)

Speed and Maneuverability

If anything should jump out at you, it should be the weight, armor, and most importantly, the speed limit. This tank literally can not go any faster, the game engine will not allow it. Not only is the speed limit insane, the engine has no issues getting the T2 to that speed, and it gets there fast. This thing goes up hills faster than most tanks go down them. You barely loose the speed either. You can weave in and out as much as you want, but you will not drop below 50, assuming your not on bad terrain or going up a hill. The only reason to get the T2 is the speed, and boy, does it have speed. The T2 is the fastest tank in the game, right next to the A-20. And unlike the A-20, the MM doesn't hate you. This thing is fast, you have to play in one to really come to grips with it. It makes all your other tanks feel slow. Thought your favorite medium was quick? The T2 just laughs at it. There are no tanks that can chase down a T2 light. None. Not even the A-20, due to its bad turning abilities. This tank can outrun Leopards, I know because I've done it. How many tanks do you own that can outrun a Leopard? Even when the new tier 5 scouts come out, the T2 will most likely still be able to outrun them, all though it will be harder. It goes fast, and it keeps that speed. Not only that, it has surprisingly good turning abilities, even when hurtling through the map at 72 KMH. While this isn't the tank to use if you want to circle of death someone, it is quite controllable, and can round a corner far better than you would think. You can weave in and out of Himmelsdorf, for example, at full speed if you know where and when to turn, and have some practice. I cannot stress enough how fast this tank is. You can be in the enemy base before most of them have even decided where to go.

Firepower

The T2 Light gets one gun, and that is the Hispano Suiza Birgikt gun, also known as the "pew pew gun". Yes, it is an autocannon. Yes, it has lol damage. But, remember, that is damage per a round. You shoot off a lot of rounds at once. It adds up. The penetration is sufficient for the tier, and you can hurt nearly all tanks in your tier from the front, and every tank from the sides and the rear. The damage drop off is pretty bad, so you need to get in close to use it. Not that you would be sniping in a T2 Light Tank anyway. The auto-cannon isn't that accurate, but since most of your rounds would miss anyways when spamming on the move, it doesn't really matter. The gun really fits this tank well. You can spam rounds better than pretty much any tank in the game, as you have a lot of rounds (1200) and the ammo is very cheap. I think the most rounds I have ever expended in one game was around 350, and in that game I killed 6 tanks. If you see someone, shoot at him. Even if you do no damage, you can divert his attention, and often, you will end up doing some damage. A tank at 93% is 7% easier for your teammates to kill than a tank at 100%, and every little bit counts more than you think. If you knock off 10% of the health of 3 different tanks, you have made a difference. There isn't much to say about the autocannon. It really fits this tank well, as you almost never get a chance to stop and aim, and your chance of hitting something with this gun is far, far higher than if you where using a standard cannon. Remember, you can shoot whatever you see, and you can shoot on the move. You have the ammo capacity and the RoF to do it.

Armor

Lol. 17mm front, 15mm side, and 6mm rear hull armor. 6MM is the smallest armor value in the game, on any tank. I'm pretty sure a SAPI plate (A bullet proof plate worn by the armed forces) will stop a round better. Luckily, you have a good amount of slope, so rounds that hit the lower area of the hull will have a harder time penetrating. The turret armor is 16mm all around. No hull down for this tank. Not that you could anyways, the gun depression is pretty awful by American tank standards. It's still better than most German and Soviet tanks though. Basically, your armor will stop some tier 1 guns if you angle your armor. Your best bet is not to be hit at all, something the T2 excels at.

Other Important Factors

The radio on this tank is pretty bad, at least for scouting. It's fine for tier 2, however. The view range on this tank is o.k, but nothing special for tier 2. The tank is quite small, and the cammo value seems to be pretty good, so with a net and a 100% crew, you can ninja tank if you want. Not that many of you would, seeing as how the whole point of this tank is to go really fast. Still, some of you will want to ninja, so I included a guide for that play style. This tank weighs nothing by tank standards. Most tanks turrets alone weigh more than you. Do not ram anything, ever, unless it is another T2 Light Tank, a Locust, or a tier 1. You will die a humiliating quick death, and the enemy will suffer a damaged track and loose 4% of its health. It's named the T2 Light Tank for a reason.

This Tank has 3 Speeds- Fast, Hiding, and Dead (A guide on how to play the T2)

The T2 Light Tank is easily one of the funnest tanks in the game, but it needs to be played right. There are two ways to really play the T2 well, aggressive scout, and cautious scout. The former is far more fun for me, but I have no doubt many players will find using the T2 as a blistering fast ninja tank more enjoyable. It's all personal preference. You can be equally successful and help the team the same amount using both methods. I have played the aggressive scout primarily, so if anyone else has experience invisa-tanking with the T2, I would appreciate if they could speak up so I can make this guide better.

Aggressive Scouting (Also known as "Go really fast and don't get shot")

My personal favorite way of using this tank. There are two ways to approach this. You can either think of it as a suicide run, albeit and awesome, long lasting suicide run that will actually help your team, or as a more fluid, longer lasting situation dependent map patrol. Either way is fun. The first way is actually good on this tank. Basically, barrel into the enemies territory, and shoot as many tanks as possible while trying not to die for as long as you can. The thing that makes this tank good at this is that it is so damn hard to hit, and keeps its speed so well. While you are distracting the enemy team, your team can get into position easier, your SPG's can pound stuff, and you can take a large portion of the enemy team out of the main fight by distracting them, making your teams life easier. I never use this method, except on Campinovka, where it works really damn well if your team is able to pick off all the targets you light up. Sure, you will die, but your team will kill two thirds of their team. A pretty good trade off, IMO. My favorite way to use the T2, however, is to "patrol" the map, racing through it lighting up, lighting enemies up and harassing the enemy team. It works really well on many maps, and gives your teammates a chance to come in while the enemy is distracted and kill them with ease. I once had 3 tanks focus on me on Ensk. None of them hit me, except one auto-cannon burst, and due to the angle only 2 penned. A friendly TD proceeded to kill all three of them while they where distracted. Take the long routes in your T2, because when you go 72 KMH, no route is long. Race through forgotten areas, get into the enemies base, kill their arty, start capping, and then speed out as they start rushing back to defend their base. It is a very effective tactic, and it wins games. Never stop moving when playing aggressively, ever, unless you are using the enemies arty for cover from fire, which I do often. It works quite well, actually. Speed past a fight, spam some rounds in the enemies direction, but keep going. While the enemy is distracted, your teammates can get in a free shot, and the chance of the enemy actually hitting you when you whiz by them at 72 KPH is pretty damn low. Rove the map, engaging enemies in hit-and-run strafing attacks. This tank excels at it, and it is extremely fun to do. I since you want to be as mobile as possible, and any weight is bad on such a light tank, I recommend the light-weight Improved Ventilation and the no-weight adding Coated Optics equipment. Since your always moving, at all times, the Binocular Telescope, Camo Net, and Enhanced Gun Laying Drive equipment are all nearly worthless, and the other equipment options do not justify there added weight when using this tank in the aggressive scouting method.

Cautious Scouting (Also known as "Ninja-ing")

Another fun way to use the T2, albeit far more expensive required equipment wise, and it is pretty much useless in many lower tier matches. Still, if you platoon with a buddy, you can get into games where this tactic works well, just try not to get into to high of a tier matches. Basically, platoon with a tier 3 tank, that will get you the best results. A tier 4 can and will end up in tier 7 matches, which you do not want. Having a buddy in a Locust would be a good idea, you can invisa-tank together in your little micro-tanks. Anyhow, to play with this style, you will need the following: Coated Optics (500,000 Cr), Binocular Telescope (500,000 Cr), and a Camo Net (100,000 Cr). That equals 1,100,000 Cr in total. Ouch. You can get a tier 6 tank and all of the upgraded modules for that much. Still, if you want be a ninja, you gotta pay the price.  

You will also need the self control to not rocket around the map. I know it sounds easy, but once you try it, you will have a hard time sitting still, knowing what you could be doing. A crew with 100% camo is also nice, but not required to Ninja, all though it will help immensely. At the beginning of the match, race off to a good hiding spot where you know a lot of enemy tanks will most likely go, and your arty can easily hit. Go into a bush, and sit still. This is important, as it will increase your camo and your view range due to your equipment. Sit quietly while enemies light up, because if you move, and they see you, then it all goes to waste, as they will take cover from your allies imminent barrage. Once you feel you've done your job, or your cover is blown, getting out and to a new position is easy. You have the fastest tank in the game, with good handling and acceleration. Getting out should be no problem. I don't have much experience stealth moding in this tank, so if anyone does, please tell us what you recommend so I can fix this section.

Conclusion

I love this little tank. It cost 750 gold, and is completely worth it. If you have to buy a premium tank, and don't need or don't want to spend the money on a Lowe, get this. It looks fast, and my god, does it live up to it's looks. It's pretty much a racecar with a pew pew gun mounted on it. I love this tank to death, it is amazing. If you use this tank well, it will perform. I have gotten 1 Top Gun in this tank, but I have no doubt in my mind better players will have no issue getting them even more than me. Also, this thing prints scout medals if you play it really aggressively, and is one of the few tanks that can get out after spotting three fourths of the enemy team without dying. In fact, I've done it without taking any damage at all.

If this article is good enough, perhaps it can be pinned? Anyhow, I hope this helped some of you out there. If your having reservations about buying a T2 Light Tank, I did to, but have not regretted it once after I purchased it and played my first game. If you have any ideas how to improve this guide, please, please tell me.

Good luck, and good hunting scouting.

.                      -Toasted_Rofls

I too love/hate this tank, with my old arthritic hands, it would be a waste. If you are in any other light tank, this thing is a true pain in the neck. You can see the T2 coming, you know where it's going, can you catch it? Nope..can you stop it?...only if you guess your shot right...if you are in the right place at the right time, sometimes you can ram(get in it's way) otherwise it is a true pain.

anna_tankgirl #6 Posted Sep 26 2011 - 02:26

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 7927 battles
Okay seeing this tank is a free slot with this tank in the Retail Box if one wanted to make this tank overall evil what equipment would be best to make it a flexible pain in the butt for the enemy? Seeing you get over a million credits with it and 1800 Gold.

My thoughts as a new player but I would think however a: Vent I (cheap boost to the crew), Gun Laying Drive (your going to shoot might as well speed it up on targeting when your in the fight) and Tool Box (in case heaven help you the track is taken out and you need to fix it fast or you die for sure).

Crew all 100% with Repair Training.

Overall cost 325k or 525k credits and 900 Gold.

Any thoughts other than sell the tank and keep the slot.  ;)

Toasted_Rofls #7 Posted Sep 27 2011 - 00:47

Major

• Players
  • 9759 battles

View Postanna_tankgirl, on Sep 26 2011 - 02:26, said:

Okay seeing this tank is a free slot with this tank in the Retail Box if one wanted to make this tank overall evil what equipment would be best to make it a flexible pain in the butt for the enemy? Seeing you get over a million credits with it and 1800 Gold.

My thoughts as a new player but I would think however a: Vent I (cheap boost to the crew), Gun Laying Drive (your going to shoot might as well speed it up on targeting when your in the fight) and Tool Box (in case heaven help you the track is taken out and you need to fix it fast or you die for sure).

Crew all 100% with Repair Training.

Overall cost 325k or 525k credits and 900 Gold.

Any thoughts other than sell the tank and keep the slot.  ;)

In my opinion, the T2 Light Tank is best off with coated optics and vents, and nothing else. Hell, the vents aren't even needed.

Basically, every little bit of weight you carry is bad when your in such a light tank that lives solely on its speed.

CdtWeasel #8 Posted Sep 27 2011 - 19:34

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13225 battles
  • [ARBOK] ARBOK
This was the first tank I ever got 11 kills in.  I zipped up a flank, and basically noone ever turned around, so I was able to be a real pain in the butt.  I have vents equipped on mine, and will throw a camo net on mine for those times I get put in a match where it is better to be a ninja. While anything can hurt you, it is very hard to be hit when you are on the move and zigging.  The only tier 1-2 tank I hate going against is the T-57. They seem to bounce the pew pew rounds from every angle, same thing with my locust.  Also any time I can get 3 or 4 tanks to focus on shooting at me, or even chasin me, seems to be a quick win for my team.  Even if i only scratch one or two, the time they take to focus on me usually equates to their teammates getting outnumber quickly. I'm at 109 wins out of 195 battles in this little bugger.

anna_tankgirl #9 Posted Sep 27 2011 - 19:47

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 7927 battles

View PostToasted_Rofls, on Sep 27 2011 - 00:47, said:

In my opinion, the T2 Light Tank is best off with coated optics and vents, and nothing else. Hell, the vents aren't even needed.

Basically, every little bit of weight you carry is bad when your in such a light tank that lives solely on its speed.

Just wondering since its free and I'll have lots of credits to play with and gold when I get the Retail Box promo code. Figure it might be fun to beef it up as far as I can and not hurt the tanks speed.

So think light, gotcha.

I've seen one in play doing offense they are scary with practice and broke up an enemy CAP on our base for over three minutes, not an easy feat I'm sure.
:Smile-playing:

Throckmorton #10 Posted Sep 29 2011 - 21:54

Corporal

• Players
  • 9476 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
Great guide.  I would add one other duty for the T2:  kill the other T2s.   If you see an opponent's T2, chase it.  YOU are the only tank that can do so.  Usually when this happens I chase him into our territory where I have some help taking him out.  It is crucial that he be killed so that your opponents DTs and Artillery do not have targets lit up.

And it is OH SO fun.  One an one T2 battle are wild and crazy.  Last night my opponent's T2 passed me on the top of the hill in Himmelsdorf (spelling?).  I whipped around and picked away at him until he finally turned to engage me.  If felt like 30 seconds had gone by, but we were already across the map in the trainyard.  When did that happen?  He lost his situational awareness, ran into a flatbed traincar, and my DT buds took him out.  It probably looked like two squirrels fighting for a nut in the elephant cage at the zoo.

Once I had time to circle a hetzer, pick away at his ass, and still type an apology to him through the chat system.  "sorry to clean out your poop-shoot, pal!"

anna_tankgirl #11 Posted Oct 02 2011 - 16:03

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 7927 battles
Okay I have a good number of matches in mine, loaded with a Vent I/Gun Laying Drive/Camro Net and a 100% Elite Crew with Cameo training underway. I have to point out four tactics with it I've used:

1. Aggressive Scouting

2. Ninja Scouting

3. Field Support: Hide and see what the enemy is doing then exploit ones agility and speed to get to a weak point and attack.

4. Cat and Mouse Fighting: Okay you skirmish but with brains you rush in, fire away and weave around then get out to reattack widely maybe even zipping back near your base to re-evaluate. Anti-Cap strategy and your just going to annoy the enemy.

Note: The 300 pounds of equipment do not affect my acceleration or top speed in a noticeable way but on a straight line you do lose .5mph of speed but I find its a fair tradeoff for the tactical options. And if I do get into it the gun laying drive is not a useless item I do not want to waste time aiming and firing at an enemy when I do need to stop in a ponch the extra boost matters.

Toasted_Rofls #12 Posted Oct 02 2011 - 22:49

Major

• Players
  • 9759 battles

View Postanna_tankgirl, on Oct 02 2011 - 16:03, said:

Okay I have a good number of matches in mine, loaded with a Vent I/Gun Laying Drive/Camro Net and a 100% Elite Crew with Cameo training underway. I have to point out four tactics with it I've used:

1. Aggressive Scouting

2. Ninja Scouting

3. Field Support: Hide and see what the enemy is doing then exploit ones agility and speed to get to a weak point and attack.

4. Cat and Mouse Fighting: Okay you skirmish but with brains you rush in, fire away and weave around then get out to reattack widely maybe even zipping back near your base to re-evaluate. Anti-Cap strategy and your just going to annoy the enemy.

Note: The 300 pounds of equipment do not affect my acceleration or top speed in a noticeable way but on a straight line you do lose .5mph of speed but I find its a fair tradeoff for the tactical options. And if I do get into it the gun laying drive is not a useless item I do not want to waste time aiming and firing at an enemy when I do need to stop in a ponch the extra boost matters.

I never take the time to aim my T2 Lights Pew Pew cannon, I just point the reticle at the bad guys and fire away. I have so much ammo, that I don't really care if none of the rounds hit. I really wish I could mount a vertical stabilizer on this thing, I would do it in a heart-beat.

Glad to see you have found some more tactics for the T2. I generally just charge in and try to cause as much chaos as I can, and then get out as fast as I can.

As for equipment, I the more I use this tank, the more I say, go for it. The engine is really damn powerful, I doubt you'd notice the weight that much.

anna_tankgirl #13 Posted Oct 03 2011 - 02:56

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 7927 battles

View PostToasted_Rofls, on Oct 02 2011 - 22:49, said:

I never take the time to aim my T2 Lights Pew Pew cannon, I just point the reticle at the bad guys and fire away. I have so much ammo, that I don't really care if none of the rounds hit. I really wish I could mount a vertical stabilizer on this thing, I would do it in a heart-beat.

Glad to see you have found some more tactics for the T2. I generally just charge in and try to cause as much chaos as I can, and then get out as fast as I can.

As for equipment, I the more I use this tank, the more I say, go for it. The engine is really damn powerful, I doubt you'd notice the weight that much.

I usually don't stop but if I can get behind a peer tank and I have cover to run to I might stop, open up aiming and run. Plus if heaven help me I take an engine hit my speed drops and I may need to slug it out then aiming fast is important. And what if an enemy tank has a bigger threat and your safe to engage I might stop and do so then run away if it looks like I may be next. lol

Its a situational thing for the GLD and Cameo Net but the Vent I is always nice. I just need my Cameo skills to hit high enough to make my movements hidden a 70+ mph light tank that is hard to pin down on the map is going to be so wrong. ;)

anna_tankgirl #14 Posted Oct 03 2011 - 15:13

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 7927 battles
You can add another role -

Base Defense: I did this last night I helped two arty (T-57) from getting killed but distracting tanks as they came in and counterattacking (one M2 Light Tank tried to run it was not fast enough) and then aggressively scouting helping them take out an American AT-1 TD and the enemy Arty (with me and a hurt arty left). I found the speed and agility if you fight smart use terrain, hit and run and take advantage of your ability to cover ground fast a powerful defensive weapon at your base if you can move around. It works best when you have sloping, obstacles, several entry points to your base so you can move out and back in and naturally be moving all out (but you need cameo if you can to wait to attack).

Overall I would say for a light tank its really good overall for many roles far more than its peers. But you sometimes need to take extra risks, be patiant and wait or get creative and sometimes sacrifice yourself for the win on your side.

But since many players will have them from the retail box promo its important to learn and work out the uses of this tank IMHO.

Good Tanking!  :Smile-playing:

torterra444 #15 Posted Oct 04 2011 - 00:47

Corporal

• Players
  • 5936 battles
  • [_UP_] _UP_
This is probably the best tank that fits in its tier. I always use it to "Circle of Death" people. It is very good for it as tanks can not spin their turrets quick enough and if you do past in front of the gun you're going so fast they can fire before you're out of the way. The gun is not bad and up close it is a killer. And theres no better satisfaction then raiding the other teams base, killing some tanks or arty, then being quick enough to escape and do it again. I got this when i was playing with friends and they had it. Thought I would buy it and have it a tank i would use very rarely, but this is a great tank. Definetly the tank most worth is money(and the Lowe im guessing heard you can get 100k credits per good round). So if you're looking at it, stop looking and hurry up and buy it.

rinying #16 Posted Oct 06 2011 - 01:31

Major

• Players
  • 11134 battles
you should note for anyone, the gun is crap. i actually had a t2 light start shooting me (a wespe) in the back doing nothing. at least i think he was trying to do something.o well he shortly after winded up dead from a wespe spg shot....

anna_tankgirl #17 Posted Oct 06 2011 - 02:14

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 7927 battles

View Postrinying, on Oct 06 2011 - 01:31, said:

you should note for anyone, the gun is crap. i actually had a t2 light start shooting me (a wespe) in the back doing nothing. at least i think he was trying to do something.o well he shortly after winded up dead from a wespe spg shot....

The gun is a Tier 2 gun so is not crap in fact among the flak guns its decent for what its attached to, ever try to fire a standard cannon at high speed at a target its not exactly easy. The four round bursts are frankly better for its main advantage moving like a demon and unleashing hell at the same time. And when I do stop its to pinpoint burst and then run away for cover or using terrain to my advantage.
<_<

It was good enough to cut down many tanks and the like in and below its tier that is enough.

Gunther30 #18 Posted Oct 06 2011 - 11:27

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9697 battles
How do you like the T2 light tank in comparison to the M22 locust??

nublex #19 Posted Oct 06 2011 - 13:00

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 13554 battles
You are try to compare something that put Leopard out of business to a light weight version of Pz II?

Znath #20 Posted Oct 07 2011 - 06:41

Major

• Players
  • 17884 battles
It's not a bad guide.  I don't know if I'd put bino's on the T2 though.
I've considered optics in my last slot... but never bino's.

My current setup is.. vent, spall liner, and... well the last slot is empty.
I also throw high octane fuel on it... it's a total waste of money.. but it's damn fun.
The fuel doesn't make it go any faster, but it makes the turret way better and it starts faster.
I'm not trying to make money with the T2 anyway.

One thing I do with the T2 in lower tier battles is wait in a bush at a location I know they'll come... bombard them and then as they get closer, turn and run.
Set up at another bush, rinse repeat.

Some games I like to say "The T2 should start with its gun facing backwards."
Because odds are you'll spend most your time running.