Jump to content


Using Analytics to Find Cheaters

Cheating hacks analytics cheaters aimbot mods

  • Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

NARWL_Legend_Soviet #21 Posted Sep 04 2018 - 19:20

    Captain

  • Players
  • 28124 battles
  • 1,204
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
  • Member since:
    03-22-2012

View Post_Steel_Casket_, on Sep 04 2018 - 10:15, said:

If they wg did that 3/4 of the top clans would disappear.

 

nicememe.exe 

 

Literally the biggest lie perpetuated by bad players is that top clan players cheat. The top clan players who played in Gold Silver and Bronze leauges. clan leagues, etc. where players are required to submit python logs to ensure they are not cheating. Players who play vanilla because when they play competitively  they play vanilla so why use mods in pubs if you can't in league play. 

 

Literally I would bet that the majority of players using illegal mods are 50% WR or below and think that using illegal mods will suddenly make them better at the game. 

 

 



ThePigSheFlies #22 Posted Sep 04 2018 - 21:40

    Major

  • Players
  • 80359 battles
  • 18,036
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012

meh, edit failed, blew out entire post.  gg forums

 

basically reiterated what sovietmemebear stated about top clans, mods, vanilla, and added a note about streamers that can teach even some of the unteachables how to not be a boat anchor at the game


Edited by ThePigSheFlies, Sep 04 2018 - 21:44.


golruul #23 Posted Sep 04 2018 - 22:05

    Captain

  • Players
  • 22350 battles
  • 1,884
  • Member since:
    11-05-2011

No one mentioned this, but I've seen many high winrate seal clubbers that completely sucked in the higher tiers.

 

Triple-platooning to club seals is a lot different than tier 8-10 battles.



coconut2011 #24 Posted Sep 04 2018 - 22:17

    Captain

  • Players
  • 65964 battles
  • 1,781
  • [AWOO] AWOO
  • Member since:
    08-09-2011

View Postgolruul, on Sep 04 2018 - 13:05, said:

No one mentioned this, but I've seen many high winrate seal clubbers that completely sucked in the higher tiers.

 

Triple-platooning to club seals is a lot different than tier 8-10 battles.

 

Nobody looks at W/R as a true measurement of skill.  Being able to 3 MoE tier 10 tanks (which I will never be able to do) is a lot more indicative of skills.



Staz211 #25 Posted Sep 04 2018 - 22:19

    Major

  • Players
  • 27045 battles
  • 3,906
  • Member since:
    06-11-2012

View PostSovietMemeBear, on Sep 04 2018 - 13:20, said:

 

nicememe.exe 

 

Literally the biggest lie perpetuated by bad players is that top clan players cheat. The top clan players who played in Gold Silver and Bronze leauges. clan leagues, etc. where players are required to submit python logs to ensure they are not cheating. Players who play vanilla because when they play competitively  they play vanilla so why use mods in pubs if you can't in league play. 

 

Literally I would bet that the majority of players using illegal mods are 50% WR or below and think that using illegal mods will suddenly make them better at the game. 

 

 

 

Agreed. The hackusations we used to get back in the day when CW was actually alive were incredible. Best part is, sometimes, we would play into it and watch pubbies lose their everliving minds in cross-team chat. Just type in "Relic Hax: [on]/off" and watch the flood of in-game and post-game messages of players telling you that you that they reported you. 

 

Almost every player I knew played vanilla, and those that didnt only used mods that provided feature now standard in the game (reload timer, mini map mod, damage counter, etc). In my experience, good players don't cheat, and they don't need to. However, when you spank an E50M in your 1390 (back when it was Tier VIII), and the other player isn't good enough to understand what happened, it immidately went to hackusations. 



SteelRonin #26 Posted Sep 04 2018 - 22:20

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 23702 battles
  • 5,129
  • [SAKAI] SAKAI
  • Member since:
    09-13-2010
well, there was a streamer (can't remember his nick atm) that used mods (illegal ones nowdays, some legals :O) and when he played without them, he played like sh*t and the viewers started to mock and bullying him because without the mods he was a bad player.....Sela was his nickname maybe, he was banned also, lol..

Edited by SteelRonin, Sep 04 2018 - 22:24.


Staz211 #27 Posted Sep 04 2018 - 22:22

    Major

  • Players
  • 27045 battles
  • 3,906
  • Member since:
    06-11-2012

View Postcoconut2011, on Sep 04 2018 - 16:17, said:

 

Nobody looks at W/R as a true measurement of skill.  Being able to 3 MoE tier 10 tanks (which I will never be able to do) is a lot more indicative of skills.

 

WR, combined with WN8 and average tier played, is a great indicator of player skill.

TishLover #28 Posted Sep 04 2018 - 22:26

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 15841 battles
  • 207
  • Member since:
    08-05-2012

Cancers ordering TD for scouting and just because he did not do what you cancers ordered him to do ....he is a bad player   :) :teethhappy: :facepalm:

 

 

 

I am sorry I am not as good as the person you are talking about but I would of told you guys to F off....really



ThePigSheFlies #29 Posted Sep 04 2018 - 22:30

    Major

  • Players
  • 80359 battles
  • 18,036
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012

View PostSteelRonin, on Sep 04 2018 - 16:20, said:

well, there was a streamer (can't remember his nick atm) that used mods (illegal ones nowdays, some legals :O) and when he played without them, he played like sh*t and the viewers started to mock and bullying him because without the mods he was a bad player.....Sela was his nickname maybe, he was banned also, lol..

 

Sela has played vanilla for quite a while, his ban was very brief, and over dead white tank skins.

 

he still streams occasionally, and while he truly doesn't give a crap when he does play he's still hitting 65%+ solo win rates, and 3k wn8.

 

"lol"



SteelRonin #30 Posted Sep 04 2018 - 22:35

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 23702 battles
  • 5,129
  • [SAKAI] SAKAI
  • Member since:
    09-13-2010

View PostThePigSheFlies, on Sep 04 2018 - 18:30, said:

 

Sela has played vanilla for quite a while, his ban was very brief, and over dead white tank skins.

 

he still streams occasionally, and while he truly doesn't give a crap when he does play he's still hitting 65%+ solo win rates, and 3k wn8.

 

"lol"

 

some mods are legal now, lol

Hurk #31 Posted Sep 04 2018 - 22:49

    Major

  • Players
  • 56036 battles
  • 17,381
  • [KGR] KGR
  • Member since:
    09-30-2012

View PostThePigSheFlies, on Sep 04 2018 - 14:30, said:

 

Sela has played vanilla for quite a while, his ban was very brief, and over dead white tank skins.

 

he still streams occasionally, and while he truly doesn't give a crap when he does play he's still hitting 65%+ solo win rates, and 3k wn8.

 

"lol"

Sela's mod ban was for a host of mods, and definitely not something as simple as dead white tanks. if i recall, he actually loaded several cheat mods. 

a quick google search shows it was down trees indicators, accurate reload timers for all tanks, and others. 

they were not "banned" officially on the NA server at that point in time if i recall, but were known to be cheats and Sela even mentioned in that stream that they were illegal on the EU cluster. 


Edited by Hurk, Sep 04 2018 - 22:49.


ThePigSheFlies #32 Posted Sep 04 2018 - 23:01

    Major

  • Players
  • 80359 battles
  • 18,036
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012

View PostHurk, on Sep 04 2018 - 16:49, said:

Sela's mod ban was for a host of mods, and definitely not something as simple as dead white tanks. if i recall, he actually loaded several cheat mods. 

a quick google search shows it was down trees indicators, accurate reload timers for all tanks, and others. 

they were not "banned" officially on the NA server at that point in time if i recall, but were known to be cheats and Sela even mentioned in that stream that they were illegal on the EU cluster. 

 

thank you for clarifying.  I didn't watch sela at the time, and I regurgitated what I had heard.  your statement is consistent with the rest of what I heard, in that the mods he used were not explicitly stated as verboten on this server - which was part of the problem back then - each server had different rules (including dead white tank skins)

 

I have watched him on and off for the better part of the past 2 years and he's been vanilla for as long as I can recall when he rarely does stream

 

 

View PostSteelRonin, on Sep 04 2018 - 16:35, said:

 

some mods are legal now, lol

 

yes there are.  a classic one that got people banned is now native in the core game client.  the incoming damage indicator that told you what hit you even if unspotted resulted in several bans.  and now it's native...


Edited by ThePigSheFlies, Sep 04 2018 - 23:07.


Markd73 #33 Posted Sep 05 2018 - 05:33

    Major

  • Players
  • 33071 battles
  • 5,952
  • Member since:
    04-20-2011

View PostThePigSheFlies, on Sep 04 2018 - 21:30, said:

 

Sela has played vanilla for quite a while, his ban was very brief, and over dead white tank skins.

 

he still streams occasionally, and while he truly doesn't give a crap when he does play he's still hitting 65%+ solo win rates, and 3k wn8.

 

"lol"

Mic drop



WangOnTheLoose #34 Posted Sep 05 2018 - 11:59

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 29791 battles
  • 2,398
  • [K0HAI] K0HAI
  • Member since:
    09-06-2014

View PostThePigSheFlies, on Sep 04 2018 - 16:30, said:

 

Sela has played vanilla for quite a while, his ban was very brief, and over dead white tank skins.

 

he still streams occasionally, and while he truly doesn't give a crap when he does play he's still hitting 65%+ solo win rates, and 3k wn8.

 

"lol"

Absolutely not true he was caught using the mod that shows knocked down objects on your mini map.  So no it wasn’t something so innocuous as white skins at all.



ThePigSheFlies #35 Posted Sep 05 2018 - 14:26

    Major

  • Players
  • 80359 battles
  • 18,036
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012

View PostWangOnTheLoose, on Sep 05 2018 - 05:59, said:

Absolutely not true he was caught using the mod that shows knocked down objects on your mini map.  So no it wasn’t something so innocuous as white skins at all.

 

less than 6" above your reply (depending on screen resolution), posted 12 hours prior to that is a reply, and re-reply that could have saved you the effort of posting a reply...

Taggeth #36 Posted Sep 05 2018 - 14:39

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 11742 battles
  • 608
  • [FRAY] FRAY
  • Member since:
    06-23-2012

Another explanation not mentioned yet is the tomato could have bought the account from a better player.  Purchasing an account with a high win rate doesn't help if you have no idea how to play.

 

Or you were trolled...







Also tagged with Cheating, hacks, analytics, cheaters, aimbot, mods

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users