• [HSOLO] HSOLO

Is Pilsen too easy to spot???

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4524988#stats

Almighty_Johnson #2 Posted Sep 04 2018 - 14:09

Major

• -Players-
  • 27065 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

Can't watch the replay at work, but I played a few on the new Pilsen map and I really like the updates.  Got to play it in a TD, a MED, and an SPG, so I got to see a lot of the map.  I'm actually impressed.  The map felt balanced North to South and had a much better layout of terrain than previously.  I haven't played the 1-2-3 lines yet, but if they're as good as the rest of the map, it's a win.

Nice Job WG.  You may have gotten this map near perfect.

ThePigSheFlies #3 Posted Sep 04 2018 - 16:08

Major

• Players
  • 75803 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostAlmighty_Johnson, on Sep 04 2018 - 08:09, said:

Can't watch the replay at work, but I played a few on the new Pilsen map and I really like the updates.  Got to play it in a TD, a MED, and an SPG, so I got to see a lot of the map.  I'm actually impressed.  The map felt balanced North to South and had a much better layout of terrain than previously.  I haven't played the 1-2-3 lines yet, but if they're as good as the rest of the map, it's a win.

Nice Job WG.  You may have gotten this map near perfect.

oddly enough I despise the map.  half and half maps at this scale are too small.  invariably the 'field side' has 3-4 LTs, 3-4 mediums, and a variety of camping mediums to heavies to TD's on the back shelf.  there's not enough room to maneuver, fight, and/or spot in that relatively small area.  especially at higher tiers.  (note:  just because high spotting assist can be racked up against timid/camping teams with bad medium/LT opponents doesn't make it a good map)

as for 1/2/3 - they actually made it worse than before.  the warehouses are now far enough apart, that arty can snake shells into each of the openings, and the peekaboom game is now played at ~135m which just makes RNG that much more of a "fun" time than in the face waggling that used to happen there.  add in, that they actually closed off/walled off the side entrances and a push with flanking isn't viable either.

Hurk #4 Posted Sep 04 2018 - 22:33

Major

• Players
  • 55852 battles
  • [KGR] KGR
I could always fire into the buildings. the tops were open on many. the issue was risking taking the arty locations where you could make that shot, while also not being instantly spotted by enemies roaming mid. 

ThePigSheFlies #5 Posted Sep 04 2018 - 23:11

Major

• Players
  • 75803 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostHurk, on Sep 04 2018 - 16:33, said:

I could always fire into the buildings. the tops were open on many. the issue was risking taking the arty locations where you could make that shot, while also not being instantly spotted by enemies roaming mid. 

yeah, I should have clarified - it made it much more trival to fire into the buildings.  I had multiple Gores medals on pilsen in the 261 which isn't known for it's shell arc on the old pilsen

coconut2011 #6 Posted Sep 04 2018 - 23:55

Captain

• Players
  • 63401 battles
  • [AWOO] AWOO

I think that people are still learning this map.

The east side of the map is very interesting that allows multiple possibilities of scout + push.

The west side of the map has a lot of flanking approaches.  So it is very difficult to dominate in relatively few slow heavies / TDs.  However, over committing this flank can cause the east side to collapse.  And because of the larger size of the map, heavies dominating the west can still lose the game to cap.  I think that fast heavies going east and slow heavies simply camping the west may be a better approach to this map, but I have not had the opportunities to really test this theory out.

Praematura #7 Posted Sep 05 2018 - 23:22

Captain

• Players
  • 51458 battles
There’s no spotting. The lane for scout8ng is so narrow with no way to avoid fire. If the field was bigger you could dodge or have some hope of evasion after being spotted.

_Major_Tomato #8 Posted Sep 06 2018 - 00:33

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 14644 battles
  • [DHO] DHO
LOL a day in the life of a light tank.  Nice job.  Thanks for the replay I've only played the map a couple of times, and your replay gives me some ideas where to go.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users