Immediately quits, never launches

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Windowpain22 #1 Posted Sep 05 2018 - 21:44

Private

• -Players-
  • 3971 battles

I have a Mac computer and have been playing WOT for the past six months.  The program started to act up so I deleted the files and reloaded WOT.  Now it will not even launch.  It immediately quits.

I am at lost of what to do now.  Any help?

tod914 #2 Posted Sep 05 2018 - 21:54

Major

• Players
  • 58581 battles

When I seen the topic, I initially thought it was about an XVM user whom didn't like the odds.

black_colt #3 Posted Sep 06 2018 - 00:27

Major

• -Players-
  • 3704 battles

View PostWindowpain22, on Sep 05 2018 - 12:44, said:

I have a Mac computer and have been playing WOT for the past six months.  The program started to act up so I deleted the files and reloaded WOT.  Now it will not even launch.  It immediately quits.

I am at lost of what to do now.  Any help?

Not sure what is going on so I am going to recommend that you download and install the Studly Utility from dstud208 and use the Studly Utility to delete the game and then reinstall. 

This has worked very well in the past for me and many other users.

Look for a post from him and the download link[s] are in his post signature.

The following steps will completely delete the WoT Mac Wrapper and require you to reinstall.

Next Steps To Take

Look for a post in this Forum by dstud208 and download the Studly Utility - download link is in his signature in the post.

Go to /Documents/WoT and then duplicate your [Replays] folder.  After it is duplicated move that folder to somewhere else - the Desktop is a good place.

The reason for this is we are going to use the Studly Utility to completely delete the WoT Mac Wrapper and this deletes your [Replays] folder.

Make sure the WoT Mac Wrapper has quit. 

Force-quit any world_of_tanks processes by going to [Activity Monitor] and select then force-quit.

Launch the Studly Utility - click on [World of Tanks] then [General] - remember that the next step will delete the WoT Mac Wrapper and your Replays - make sure you back up your Replays folder if you want to keep - then click on [Delete Completely]

Click on [OK] in the resulting dialog box

Go to World of Tanks webpage and download the WoT Mac Wrapper - do not use a previously downloaded version.

Install the WoT Mac Wrapper.

Launch the WoT Mac Wrapper and allow it to download any game updates.

Please let the Forum know if this worked and also post your Mac specifications and the version of OS X/macOS you are running.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users