Change 3/5/7 to 4/7/4

Matchmaker Suggestions

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Poll: 4/7/4 Matches (19 members have cast votes)

How do you feel about changing 3/5/7 to 4/7/4?

1. Will improve the game (3 votes [15.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.79%

2. About the same (4 votes [21.05%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.05%

3. Make things worse (12 votes [63.16%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 63.16%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

Dragon21rider #1 Posted Sep 07 2018 - 02:03

Private

• -Players-
  • 8168 battles

I think changing the 3/5/7 MM to 4/7/4 would make the game more fun to play as you would be middle tier most of the time and you would probable be bottom tier as much as top tier.

Do you think this world work or cause too many problems?

Edited by Dragon21rider, Sep 07 2018 - 02:04.

VooDooKobra #2 Posted Sep 07 2018 - 02:12

Major

• Players
  • 8457 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE
while being middle tier more often might be better in some ways you have possibly brought back the complaint that got us 357 to start with.  and that was on i am a small number of botton tier, who do i go after?  as well those who are complaining about not getting top tier enough will still be complaining about not being to tier enough

heavymetal1967 #3 Posted Sep 07 2018 - 02:21

Major

• Players
  • 66525 battles

Interesting notion OP.

On paper it looks "better", but not sure all tiers would (or wouldn't be) be in mid or top tiers more often.  Takes eights for example.  Directly influenced by tier ten numbers since they'd be forced to pull 9's and 8's for the matches.  Except for 15-0 matches.

Though per WG, currently we get bottom tiered in 3-5-7 matches now about 80 percent of the time.  So it would seem we would get bottom tiered less often, because in 80% of the matches there'd only be four of us instead of the current seven.

But the downside would be in those matches you'd be the bottom Bravo minority (tied).  Now at least you get 7 of the enemy team and only face 8 higher tiers instead of four of you vs. eleven higher tiers.

Re: the 80%.  But they are changing the distribution of the current tierings.  But be advised it's gonna be a bit.

This is from 7.26.18 to reference their "about half a year".

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/announcements/preferential-matchmaking-0718/

Matchmaker Improvements

In its current state, matchmaker often fails to ensure proper rotation among the top/middle/bottom of the list. Getting matched at the same position for several battles in a row slows progression and degrades the overall experience for all vehicles. Unfortunately, simply tweaking the current algorithm won’t fix it.

We tried to artificially lower the probability of getting preferential Premiums in +1 Tier and same-tier battles. This created more problems, however, by increasing the number of single-tier battles and waiting times for not only Tier VIII and IX but tanks tiered VI-X.

So we’re looking into redesigning the underlying matchmaker rules to improve 3/5/7, 10/5, and 15 template distribution. This will aim to prevent cases of spending 80 percent of in-game time in 3/5/7 battles at the bottom of the list.

As you can understand, to find the optimal solution will take some time (about half a year) and we ask for your patience. We have already laid down a plan and work on the matchmaker is underway. We will give more information when we have it in a separate article.

Edited by heavymetal1967, Sep 07 2018 - 02:35.

Dragon21rider #4 Posted Sep 07 2018 - 03:07

Private

• -Players-
  • 8168 battles

View Postheavymetal1967, on Sep 07 2018 - 02:21, said:

Interesting notion OP.

On paper it looks "better", but not sure all tiers would (or wouldn't be) be in mid or top tiers more often.  Takes eights for example.  Directly influenced by tier ten numbers since they'd be forced to pull 9's and 8's for the matches.  Except for 15-0 matches.

Though per WG, currently we get bottom tiered in 3-5-7 matches now about 80 percent of the time.  So it would seem we would get bottom tiered less often, because in 80% of the matches there'd only be four of us instead of the current seven.

But the downside would be in those matches you'd be the bottom Bravo minority (tied).  Now at least you get 7 of the enemy team and only face 8 higher tiers instead of four of you vs. eleven higher tiers.

Re: the 80%.  But they are changing the distribution of the current tierings.  But be advised it's gonna be a bit.

This is from 7.26.18 to reference their "about half a year".

Thank you for your feedback

I have reviewed the reference you listed. It isn't really clear if they are planing on replacing or keeping the 3/5/7 mode. it almost sound like they are trying to keep it and change some of their perimeters to try and make it work. I feel that if being bottom tier 80% of the time was the only problem with the 3/5/7 than it may work. I know that I'm still a new player so i don't have the experience  with the old matchmaker. Since i'm play mainly mid tier tank (v-VII) i'm bottom tier most of the time and winning the battle greatly depends of how well the top three tank perform and i have little in-packed on that. As bottom tier i can handle the mid tier tank but not the top tier and with a majority of the tanks bottom tier the top tier tank tend to go after the bottom tier tank. While i don't blame them for this tactic is don't make the game very frustrating to play. 

StoneTitan #5 Posted Sep 07 2018 - 04:09

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 3690 battles
Are you insane?:izmena:

Mojo_Riesing #6 Posted Sep 07 2018 - 04:09

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18126 battles
  • [ACATS] ACATS

I really don't know if 4/7/4 would be better or worse.  I do think, as most seem to, that 3/5/7 matches put you bottom tier too much of the time.  It is a huge disincentive to play this game.  Any system that blends Tiers is bound to disadvantage someone except for Tier X.

I just keep thinking that single tier MM is the only way it can work.  Frontline showed that it can work and was well received by the players.  Maybe it could at least be done for Tiers VI through X?

VortexRikers #7 Posted Sep 07 2018 - 04:11

Sergeant

• Players
  • 2665 battles

I agree with Stone, this is definitely a crazy idea; this would mean bottom tier would face 11 tanks better instead of just 8 presently.  Just make it one tier away or same tier battles already.

Dirizon #8 Posted Sep 07 2018 - 05:11

Major

• Players
  • 27619 battles

l like 6/9.

or 7/8.

Those take my vote.

Front_Towards_Enemy1 #9 Posted Sep 07 2018 - 15:25

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 20081 battles
  • [L-N-L] L-N-L

Do away with 3 tiers and go to a 2 tier style. And 

base it on the players record not supposedly the tank as the players are what make the tank. As they get better they face tougher competition. 

Currently there are way too many lopsided battles.

Of course WoT won't fix this cause they want people to buy gold and spam that around or make the game look pretty instead of fixing the real issues.

Also tagged with Matchmaker, Suggestions

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users