Earned Credits Shown In Battle Mod?

Mod

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

McDude_73 #1 Posted Sep 07 2018 - 04:08

Private

• -Players-
  • 10427 battles

Hello whoever is reading this. I have an idea of a possible mod that should be added into the game. Nothing harmful or anything, but I want people's opinion on it before such a mod can exist.

So I've been thinking about it for a while here and there, and I thought there could be a mod where you can see how many credits you earn in battle. However I didn't know if this would be considered a forbidden mod, because I have no clue if showing how many credits a player earns while in the match is considered an advantage.

Here's what I sort of want for the mod:

• Credits shown overtime somewhere on screen (possibly on the left of the minimap, the location has not been fully decided at the moment).
  • The cost of a shell and/or consumable will be shown above its icon.
  • A few adjustable options:
    • Can show/hide the above if desired.
    • Can show the actual profit from battle. The cost of repairing a tank based on the hit points lost after taking damage, when a shell is fired, etc.
      Example: I'll be earning 1,300 credits when a battle is over. If I fire a shell that costs let's say 200 credits, then it will update and say I will earn 1,100 credits after battle instead.

This is all I thought of the mod in general. If I feel like enough people believe this is okay for a mod, then I will see if I can create the mod (maybe with a little help).

Edited by McDude_73, Sep 07 2018 - 04:31.

heavymetal1967 #2 Posted Sep 07 2018 - 04:52

Major

• Players
  • 65364 battles

Well they show that info after battle and it has no impact on gameplay. Plus other things are tracked like damage, assist, etc...

So I don't see any reason why a real time cred counter would be banned. 

Not sure about net profits though OP.  It might have to be gross creds.

For example if you have consumables/ammo already bought in the depot then you wouldn't have to spend any money since those items are already bought.  Then there's the difference between a win or a loss to consider as well.

Yao_Wang #3 Posted Sep 07 2018 - 05:00

Captain

• -Players-
  • 13055 battles
Okay I'll just add this this mod sounds interesting but it's overkill since most of this can be seen after battle I would like to see a mod that actually shows you the total you started with, total spent, total earned, total ended with every time you go to completely close the game

Major_Mayhem_69 #4 Posted Sep 07 2018 - 06:36

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 24960 battles

View PostYao_Wang, on Sep 06 2018 - 20:00, said:

Okay I'll just add this this mod sounds interesting but it's overkill since most of this can be seen after battle I would like to see a mod that actually shows you the total you started with, total spent, total earned, total ended with every time you go to completely close the game

YasenKrasen session stats does most, if not all of those things. It can be reset daily @ 6:00 AM or not, and shows the running tally of total credits earned, spent, net credits earned, total kills, kills per game, deaths, deaths per game, etc. etc. It is listed under the notifications tab listed on lower right of your garage. It can be found at the mod portal, or in Alain's modpack, or in many others I'm sure. 

Edited by Major_Mayhem_69, Sep 07 2018 - 06:36.

McDude_73 #5 Posted Sep 07 2018 - 14:29

Private

• -Players-
  • 10427 battles

I mean, it sure is pretty true about the Detailed Results showing the credits. But I like what I read from heavymetal1967:

View Postheavymetal1967, on Sep 07 2018 - 04:52, said:

Well they show that info after battle and it has no impact on gameplay. Plus other things are tracked like damage, assist, etc...

So I don't see any reason why a real time cred counter would be banned. 

Not sure about net profits though OP.  It might have to be gross creds.

For example if you have consumables/ammo already bought in the depot then you wouldn't have to spend any money since those items are already bought.  Then there's the difference between a win or a loss to consider as well.

I'm absolutely fine with only showing the gross credits earned after battle. One thing I want to add on to your comment heavymetal1967, is that there is a resupply system for most consumables, which means they are going to be purchased multiple times when used, of course, multiple times. So that means it may have to track your inventory as well while in battle (just thinking about that now).

I did like what you did said about purchasing consumables beforehand, because I completely forgot that was allowed. I'll take another look around World of Tanks to see what I may have missed that I could add to the mod.

If anyone else still has an opinion on this mod, let me know, I still would like to know what you think about the idea.

ShuraBB #6 Posted Sep 07 2018 - 19:45

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6 battles

>a mod where you can see how many credits you earn in battle

The number of credits earned can be found ONLY AFTER the end of the battle. It is impossible to calculate the income during the battle...

Also tagged with Mod

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users