Coming soon French speed Wheels wheeled vehicles KRZY

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

AZandEL #121 Posted Oct 26 2018 - 02:05

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28457 battles

View PostEmperorJuliusCaesar, on Sep 15 2018 - 05:26, said:

That makes NO SENSE whatsoever.  The auto-aim is SUPPOSED to aim for CENTER-MASS of the tanks, the coding is broke for those 2 tanks so that's NOT our problem, it's yours to get fixed.

Delete auto aim

ulliklliwi #122 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 21:42

Corporal

• Players
  • 18538 battles
  • [HARM] HARM
Well, if it has wheels, When if one wheel gets knocked out. Does that mean you cant drive at all? If so.... Lame!!!! Should slow you down!!!!

AZandEL #123 Posted Nov 23 2018 - 18:47

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28457 battles

View PostKRZYBooP, on Sep 11 2018 - 15:48, said:

Howdy Boom Jockies! 

Now entering the super test: French Wheeled Vehicles. 

They super speedy

Have a Nitro button

Also have cup holders*

For more information on the new Ridez click on the Rolling Tank above^

So what role in the current 2018 game are these armored cars supposed to play? Are they like superlights? Lighting what that a standard light can't? Are they supposed to be able to counter lights? Kill arrties and TDs? What do they do in one of the many city maps other than get one shot? 

ThatTrafficCone #124 Posted Nov 23 2018 - 20:17

Sergeant

• Players
  • 39266 battles
  • [200IQ] 200IQ

In reply to the recent Developer Diaries: Wheeled Vehicles Pt. 2 video...

First of all, I'm very excited for the introduction of wheeled vehicles. However, I want to question the choices for the high-tier vehicles, and namely the enigma that is the Tier VIII premium, the EBR FL-10 75.

I don't necessarily have an issue with this vehicle's existence in the game, rather it's place in relation to the rest of the branch. Premium tanks that precede introductions (such as the 50TP Prototyp with Poland, and the Progetto M46 with Italy) are supposed to reflect the tanks in the branch, and I feel that the EBR FL-10 75 doesn't quite achieve that. Specifically, the fact it has an autoloader. Also, the Tier X vehicle—the EBR 105—doesn't quite follow the rest of the French tech tree because it actually lacks an autoloader, nor does the rest of the branch. So, with this in mind, I propose a change to the branch of vehicles being introduced after Tier VII. Specifically, to break it into two branches: autoloaders and non-autoloaders.

My proposed redesign of the French Wheeled Vehicle branch

At Tier VIII, we have the EBR FL-11. This the Panhard EBR as it is well known, with the FL-11 turret. It could use the two 75 mm guns from the B-C 12 t, just without the autoloaders, and the optional 90 mm F1 or F2 guns. It retains the high speeds characteristic of the of the Panhard EBR 8 x 8 chassis. This is probably the same tank as the "EBR 90" already being tested, just dropped a tier to remove any kind of over-buffing to make it viable at Tier IX.

This tank leads into the EBR FL-10, which is the old premium vehicle. However, now instead of a two-shot autoloader it can get a more reputable 3-shot or even 4-shot autoloader for its 75 mm armaments, which both carry over from the EBR FL-11. But it would also receive the 90 mm F3 gun, which is essentially the same gun as the top gun from the AMX 13 90. To my knowledge, no Panhard EBR with the FL-10 turret and F3 gun was built, but it's definitely something within the realm of possibility. In which case it would probably receive a 2-round autoloader.

Finally at Tier X, there's the EBR FL-12. In 1965, there were plans to mount the FL-12 turret with the 90 mm F3 gun. To my knowledge, there's only one source that offers that information on this vehicle, but it's a reputable source. Either this vehicle can comfortably get a 3-round autoloader for its 90 mm gun, or possibly even a 105 mm gun with a 2-round autoloader (After all, this is the arrangement on the AMX 13 105).

In any case, this can be considered the 8-Wheeled branch of wheeled vehicles. The guns may not have much in terms of penetration, but they have a high damage potential thanks to their autoloaders and unmatched speed.

The second branch also begins at Tier VIII, the ERC-90. This is very much the "Lynx 6x6" Wargaming already plans to put at Tier VIII, so I'm not going to discuss the vehicle here. All I can suggest is a more inclusive name change.

Then at Tier IX, there's the VBC-90. This thing is noteworthy for having an extremely high-velocity and penetrating gun (250 mm at 1000 meters IRL) and while it would have high accuracy, it lacks a gun stabilizer so the vehicle must be stationary in order to snipe; counter-intuitive to the whole active-scouting role these wheeled vehicles are supposed to embody. It would be a bit of an odd case in that regard, kind of blurring the line between Light Tanks and Tank Destroyers. But the high penetration would be offset by low damage and perhaps a low reload speed as well.

Then finally at Tier X, there's the AMX 10 RC. This is very much the turret and gun Wargaming intends to put on their "EBR 105", just on a more accurate and famous chassis. Comparatively, it would see reduced speed and mobility compared to the 8 x 8 EBR vehicles.

The relatively low damage output of these vehicles, in addition to their relatively low mobility compared to the EBR branch, can be offset by the high accuracy of their guns and the high penetration.

Then finally, there's the premium vehicle: the Tier VIII (maybe Tier VII?) EBR FL-3. This is the new premium vehicle I propose, essentially being the turret of the "EBR Hotchkiss" placed on the body of the Panhard EBR, with presumably its top gun option. This vehicle would have the mobility of the EBR vehicles, but with the accuracy and penetration of the non-autoloading branch: a happy medium between the two. And if this thing doesn't work, there's always the AML-90, or the EBR-10 which is a Panhard EBR with the turret of the AMX 12 t.

The aim of these changes are to make these wheeled vehicles feel more like the rest of the French tech tree, while still retaining their uniqueness, and now with a premium tank that more accurately reflects the vehicles to be introduced. Thoughts?

Edited by ThatTrafficCone, Nov 24 2018 - 02:02.

Mikosah #125 Posted Nov 23 2018 - 22:53

Major

• Players
  • 17582 battles

My response to Developer Diaries: Wheeled Vehicles Pt. 2 is that they seem suspiciously optimistic that such a risky and impractical playstyle is going to work in the current meta. To sum up the situation, the existing light tanks are usually played like undergunned mediums because in many cases that's exactly what they are. Whatever edge they have in camo or mobility is marginal and seldom have a notable view range advantage over typical mediums of their own tier. Exceptions do exist, but they're very uncommon while still being highly situational and inflexible. So now we have the idea of wheeled tanks with even less durability, firepower, and view range. And their one virtue of incredible mobility comes paired with skids, spins, rolls, falls, et cetera. This does not bode well.

That being the case, my advice to WG is to first of all make certain traits like the resistance to tipping/fall damage and the more lenient autoaim standard for the entire light tank class or perhaps even all classes. Step two is that the gimmick features need a serious reevaluation. Why would you ever waste the time coming to a full stop to then boost (and damage your own engine) when you could just continue forward? How often will the faster travel mode ever be worth the loss of control and agility? Far better to condense all of this into just one gimmick-free travel mode that's consistently useful. And step three is that the existing light tanks could really use a class-wide view range buff. Relax, it isn't going to break the meta. Even at the high tiers with the highest base view range values, its really only going to mean one of two things, that either A: light tanks might have acceptable view range out of the box, or B: that if they make a vision-centric loadout they'll simply be cancelling out more enemy camo. They're still bound by the 445m spotting cap after all.

As of the wheeled lights, there has to be a reality check of exactly which role they're going to fill. With their current view range values, they are going to be useless at active scouting. Having to get that close to 15 enemy guns in the early portion of a round? No player with a head on his shoulders will even think of taking such a risk with so few hit points to spare. And with unimpressive firepower, I don't see a bright future as an aggressive skirmisher either. In all likelihood, the wheeled lights are going to be played as turreted TDs at this rate even in spite of the current gun handling. So make a judgment call- if the role is to be active scouts, they need much better base view range values. If the role is to be aggressive skirmishers, they need either burst potential or DPM. And whatever role wheeled lights do take, the tracked lights need to be tuned to fill the other.

Tracker001 #126 Posted Nov 24 2018 - 06:49

Corporal

• Players
  • 46490 battles

A real Panhard ebr 1951 wheeled vehicle 

https://www.youtube....h?v=ax2UvSRy_vc

Sniper #127 Posted Dec 07 2018 - 00:18

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 37417 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO
My question is will there be a new equipment piece that improves the HP of wheels. Similar to enhanced torsion bars and the like. Or another one that increases the HP of the engine for more charges for the boost. Would be interesting to see some varied equipment other than what i can only see has vents, Optics, and binos/camo net.

Bytr #128 Posted Jan 15 2019 - 23:38

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15131 battles

I've played the Tier 6,7 & 8 wheeled vehicles on Common Test and I didn't enjoyed them all that much once the novelty wore off. Maybe I'm just not a good enough shot/driver to be effective snap shooting at high speeds.  Everyone on Common Test is playing the new tanks, so maybe things will be different once there aren't 10 wheeled lights per side.

I doubt I will play these much anymore.

Also - it seems like there should be some sort of physics change to differentiate wheeled vehicles from tracked tanks - maybe have the wheeled vehics bog down in soggy/swampy ground so people driving them can't just zoom around without paying attention to the terrain.

EarnestEmu #129 Posted Jan 16 2019 - 22:03

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 41449 battles
  • [HARM] HARM

aotuaim does not work for me. I have tried on both t0 and 10 and have tried while in and out of sniper mode. Sat trying to make it work on this arty for a good 10 sec.

Rampant_Carnage #130 Posted Jan 18 2019 - 04:21

Corporal

• Players
  • 14684 battles

I have not played them, but from what I have watched on streams, they break the open maps.  They spot entire teams before they have made it out of their cap.  They can get to advanced passive spotting locations before any non-wheeled vehicles can have a chance to spot them (making limited view range not a problem because they can get so far forward).  I have seen them get to bushes where a light tank would never make it to without being spotted.  If another wheeled vehicle doesn't head to those spots, people will not be able to counter them.

On the test server (streams), I have seen 4-5 of them per side drive out in the middle of the map on Malinovka for several minutes spotting the enemies as they were still driving out of the cap area... and most of them hadn't been hit after a couple minutes of driving in circles out in the open with the entire enemy team shooting at them (and missing because they were too fast).  I'm sure people will get a little better at leading them, and the speed is getting nerfed on the testing... but still.

I'm sure they're a lot of fun to play, but I don't feel like there is any balance to them in the current game meta.... and what tank can't they circle and out run the tank/turret traverse on? I think the auto aim feature should be given to all vehicles in the game or removed from these vehicles.  

Maybe I'm just old and don't like change, but I don't see these vehicles being good for the game.  

jimbalaya17 #131 Posted Jan 18 2019 - 05:21

Corporal

• Players
  • 16071 battles
Can't say I'm crazy about these.  I see games with a bunch of these running around reeking havoc, getting everyone spotted, artillery killing vehicles even before they have a chance to get into a position or arty getting killed right from the get-go.  If you like to play heavies, this is going to suck.  At least on open maps.  

Tracker001 #132 Posted Jan 18 2019 - 06:17

Corporal

• Players
  • 46490 battles
They are fun to drive but you can put them right back into the box IMOP!

tangent #133 Posted Jan 18 2019 - 17:13

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 33033 battles

View Postrogueluke, on Sep 11 2018 - 19:29, said:

the mod you did not have to click the tank, just near its location to auto aim.

in a way it was a aimbot allowing very fast tanks the ability to auto aim without actually having to put any effort into picking a target.

​Good point.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users