Coming soon French speed Wheels wheeled vehicles KRZY

• Please log in to reply
231 replies to this topic

GeisterKatze #61 Posted Sep 12 2018 - 12:21

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 24236 battles
  • [7CR] 7CR

I am very disappointed with WG deciding to implement French armored cars first.  The number of historically-significant and thoroughly combat-proven Soviet, British, German, and American armored cars far outweigh the contributions of the French armored car inventory. 

WG, you could've built entire 1-X trees with the Soviets, UK, German, and Americans.  I wish you had.

Edited by BaerenGott, Sep 12 2018 - 12:22.

Arrowfoot #62 Posted Sep 12 2018 - 12:30

Captain

• Players
  • 36204 battles
  • [1-63] 1-63

View PostCelticArchangel, on Sep 11 2018 - 16:06, said:

Looking forward to seeing more. 

I remember the claims in 2011-2012 that we'd NEVER see wheeled vehicles... :teethhappy:

They also said no ATGMs so that will be the next promise they break.

reddog37 #63 Posted Sep 12 2018 - 13:50

Corporal

• Players
  • 59167 battles
  • [SABOT] SABOT

well you are sure going to push ARTY out with this one. thanks looks like I will be looking for another game to play.do not know why you keep pushing ARTY out of the game. you say ARTY needs to be in to keep tank moving been a nice game till you started doing what the cry babies want you to do.GAME IS GOING DOWN HILL !  CRY BABIES WILL ALWAYS WIN HERE!!!!CYA

Deputy276 #64 Posted Sep 12 2018 - 17:14

Major

• Players
  • 20397 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ
Evidently some dweeb from WG went over and downloaded Armored Warfare and thought uncontrollable armored cars would be "fun" in WOT. The slide downhill continues for WOT. I wonder who will close the doors first...WG or MY.com? :(

KRZYBooP #65 Posted Sep 12 2018 - 17:59

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 3842 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostEmperorJuliusCaesar, on Sep 11 2018 - 19:24, said:

Please fix the Auto aim-point on the Even 90 and T100lt.  Instead of aiming center-mass, it aims more to the rear on these vehicles making them hard to hit.  I wonder if this is on purpose and if these new tanks will be the same.

I see this as being terrible for the game.  Many will see that one is in the battle and sit back with HE loaded until they are taken out, then go on to fight the battle as normal.

The in game Auto aim has bite me in the tuccus too many times to count. This is how I bounce on a Grille15 with my OBJ277. If you want it aimed right do it yourself. 

When a light tank buzzes around you; you kinda have to rely on your team to help you take them out. 

View Postmlinke, on Sep 11 2018 - 20:23, said:

First of all, a lot of insults to your team for this idea. It is so broken at start.

Second, now it is understood why you destroyed light tanks, why u voted proxy aiming mod illegal, why you destroyed light tank view range.. just to bring this crap of armored cars. I do not understand why you divert all of your coders to making new vehicles when there are not enough maps and game is broken with crashing and crap. Why you do not make better tournaments, maps and balance vehicles that exist?? Amazing brains!!

In the last patches there have been at least 3 new maps added, Tournaments are going on every week that allow players a chance to earn a bunch of in game goods; not sure what is not good about them, map changes and balances happen every update. 

Wheeled vehicles are being classified as Light vehicles and will  be competing for the same slots in MM that the Light Tanks do so it's not like you are going to swarmed by a Furious Drift  team. Considering the nature of  WoT there are still more questions than answers about the specifics of Wheeled vehicles and their impact. 

scHnuuudle_bop #66 Posted Sep 12 2018 - 19:41

Major

• -Players-
  • 20706 battles

View PostKRZYBooP, on Sep 12 2018 - 17:59, said:

The in game Auto aim has bite me in the tuccus too many times to count. This is how I bounce on a Grille15 with my OBJ277. If you want it aimed right do it yourself. 

When a light tank buzzes around you; you kinda have to rely on your team to help you take them out. 

In the last patches there have been at least 3 new maps added, Tournaments are going on every week that allow players a chance to earn a bunch of in game goods; not sure what is not good about them, map changes and balances happen every update. 

Wheeled vehicles are being classified as Light vehicles and will  be competing for the same slots in MM that the Light Tanks do so it's not like you are going to swarmed by a Furious Drift  team. Considering the nature of  WoT there are still more questions than answers about the specifics of Wheeled vehicles and their impact. 

still no reply, what are you folks going to do with the slower tanks?

still no reply, what are you going to do about artillery?

every other class in this game get kid glove handling, but oh no, artillery players , not only are there no upgrades or new vehicles, we cannot even get a simple comment let alone a small reply to queries.

II now have 3 days left of premium time, am I going to WASTE my money on a class that you are just going to let DIE. Do I bother to get a year of premium? No , I am not going to play another class.

Saying no to removing it, say no stun is not going away, is not answering the question, it is called evasive commentary.

Is this game going to treat artillery players with some form of update/ upgrade, new equipment. Or is this lack, a sign I should find another game?

Wheeled vehicles  going 100K, is going to ruin this game for slow heavies, slow TD's and especially artillery.

Sylvado #67 Posted Sep 12 2018 - 20:33

Major

• Players
  • 67565 battles
  • [LOAC] LOAC

Now all we need to do is collect a list of all the natural ramps on the various maps.

Sylvado #68 Posted Sep 12 2018 - 20:35

Major

• Players
  • 67565 battles
  • [LOAC] LOAC

View Postreddog37, on Sep 12 2018 - 13:50, said:

well you are sure going to push ARTY out with this one. thanks looks like I will be looking for another game to play.do not know why you keep pushing ARTY out of the game. you say ARTY needs to be in to keep tank moving been a nice game till you started doing what the cry babies want you to do.GAME IS GOING DOWN HILL !  CRY BABIES WILL ALWAYS WIN HERE!!!!CYA

You are assuming there won't be a 100kph arty?

Arrowfoot #69 Posted Sep 12 2018 - 20:51

Captain

• Players
  • 36204 battles
  • [1-63] 1-63

Well if your going to give an improved auto aim to one vehicle it makes the choice to leave everyone else with the crappy one pretty much an undefendable  position.  

scHnuuudle_bop #70 Posted Sep 12 2018 - 21:08

Major

• -Players-
  • 20706 battles

this is something needed to counter these fast wheeled lights, 

and if the French is what WG wants then , this would work

KRZYBooP #71 Posted Sep 12 2018 - 21:47

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 3842 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostscHnuuudle_bop, on Sep 12 2018 - 12:41, said:

every other class in this game get kid glove handling, but oh no, artillery players , not only are there no upgrades or new vehicles, we cannot even get a simple comment let alone a small reply to queries.

II now have 3 days left of premium time, am I going to WASTE my money on a class that you are just going to let DIE. Do I bother to get a year of premium? No , I am not going to play another class.

Saying no to removing it, say no stun is not going away, is not answering the question, it is called evasive commentary.

Is this game going to treat artillery players with some form of update/ upgrade, new equipment. Or is this lack, a sign I should find another game?

Wheeled vehicles  going 100K, is going to ruin this game for slow heavies, slow TD's and especially artillery.

Sadly there is no additional information at this time on how these vehicles will impact the game. 

As far as Arty players are concerned, speaking as a player that loves to play the french tier V lef. Arty has many advantages.

You only have to move five feet behind cover.

You save a lot of credits when playing. 

You don't have to risk anything to take a shot at the enemy. 

You are behind a hill at base with a pretty solid camo rating. 

When you stun an enemy you get bonus xp for everyone that shoots them so you only have to focus on tracking. 

If an enemy light tank makes it too you the battle is probably not going so well for your team...

The Wheeled vehicles aren't going 100K all the time, and their only defense is speed and resistance to being "tired"(Tracked). 

One thing that you can be sure of is that you will be able to test them out yourself both as or against light tanks if/when they come to the Common Test (Soon ™). 

CynicalDutchie #72 Posted Sep 12 2018 - 22:06

Major

• Players
  • 43016 battles
  • [CYNIC] CYNIC

View PostscHnuuudle_bop, on Sep 12 2018 - 19:41, said:

Please do find another game, the less arty the better. Not to mention that wheeled vehicles will not affect heavies, TDs and SPGs in anyway. Of course this is outside the realm of comprehension for an arty player.

The only advantage LTs have over MTs is better mobility and camo on the move, this isn't enough to make them a viable class and you'd have be an idiot to pick a light over a medium. As it stands now wheeled vehicles will have even better mobility than LTs but with even more drawbacks. As LTs have proven, mobility alone isn't enough to make a tank viable or competitive. As far as meta goes, wheeled vehicles will be obsolete right from the start.

And let's not forget how broken arty is in the first place, especially the splash damage. It's a pretty safe bet to say that splash will absolutely ruin armored cars (probably knocking out multiple wheels) without having to land the shot anywhere near them, especially at high tiers. Arty is already capable of this horsecrap and armored cars will definitely not be immune to it.

scHnuuudle_bop #73 Posted Sep 12 2018 - 22:14

Major

• -Players-
  • 20706 battles

I will try them out, will have to figure out how to get to test server.

I still think that something this fast will just turn into a frustration fest for anyone not able to go over 25kph. I can already picture these things running circles around all tanks slower than them, according to the info, they will not even have to aim, just run in circles and click at what ever, 60 - 70 - 80 - 90- or 100 kph. I already spend a lot of games running and never even getting a shot, due to really really really fast light tanks that seem capable of killing even the heaviest of tanks with their very very very very OP guns. These guys add to the challenge as quite a few specialize in hunting me. Last night, Ensk, spotted and dead in 43 seconds, I was loaded for first shot for 2 seconds. That is part of the game, it makes me sigh.

But now, there will be 6 of these every game and I will be gone every game in 30 seconds.

Maybe if they have zero armour, I mean by zero armour, hitting them with a wet wad of tissue kills them. If not I can see them just killing the game for me.

These will suck the life out my game, unless there is going to be something released at the EXACT same time as these. Now if a Luchs can one shot a tier 10 wheeled beast by just looking at it, maybe, if they have more armour than a wet cardboard box, they will just wreck any balance you have.

So, what is being prepared to counter these, am I getting new artillery? Is there going to be something heavies can do? 

scHnuuudle_bop #74 Posted Sep 12 2018 - 22:18

Major

• -Players-
  • 20706 battles

View PostCynicalDutchie, on Sep 12 2018 - 22:06, said:

Please do find another game, the less arty the better. Not to mention that wheeled vehicles will not affect heavies, TDs and SPGs in anyway. Of course this is outside the realm of comprehension for an arty player.

The only advantage LTs have over MTs is better mobility and camo on the move, this isn't enough to make them a viable class and you'd have be an idiot to pick a light over a medium. As it stands now wheeled vehicles will have even better mobility than LTs but with even more drawbacks. As LTs have proven, mobility alone isn't enough to make a tank viable or competitive. As far as meta goes, wheeled vehicles will be obsolete right from the start.

And let's not forget how broken arty is in the first place, especially the splash damage. It's a pretty safe bet to say that splash will absolutely ruin armored cars (probably knocking out multiple wheels) without having to land the shot anywhere near them, especially at high tiers. Arty is already capable of this horsecrap and armored cars will definitely not be immune to it.

buddy, I really could care less what you think of artillery in the game, you play the game, the game has always had 5 classes, get over it.

I did not come here to be Insulted by you. Perhaps keep your opinions on the classes to yourself, or better go join artillery whine threads elsewhere.

And nope, these fast vehicles will have a large impact, just as the fast French autoloaders do.

KRZYBooP #75 Posted Sep 12 2018 - 22:26

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 3842 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostscHnuuudle_bop, on Sep 12 2018 - 15:14, said:

I will try them out, will have to figure out how to get to test server.

I still think that something this fast will just turn into a frustration fest for anyone not able to go over 25kph. I can already picture these things running circles around all tanks slower than them, according to the info, they will not even have to aim, just run in circles and click at what ever, 60 - 70 - 80 - 90- or 100 kph. I already spend a lot of games running and never even getting a shot, due to really really really fast light tanks that seem capable of killing even the heaviest of tanks with their very very very very OP guns. These guys add to the challenge as quite a few specialize in hunting me. Last night, Ensk, spotted and dead in 43 seconds, I was loaded for first shot for 2 seconds. That is part of the game, it makes me sigh.

But now, there will be 6 of these every game and I will be gone every game in 30 seconds.

Maybe if they have zero armour, I mean by zero armour, hitting them with a wet wad of tissue kills them. If not I can see them just killing the game for me.

These will suck the life out my game, unless there is going to be something released at the EXACT same time as these. Now if a Luchs can one shot a tier 10 wheeled beast by just looking at it, maybe, if they have more armour than a wet cardboard box, they will just wreck any balance you have.

So, what is being prepared to counter these, am I getting new artillery? Is there going to be something heavies can do? 

In the post the first shot against the Medium tank bounces and only does damage when hitting the weak point of any tank. 

There is no additional changes announced for Artillery or Heavies in regards to the new wheeled vehicles. 

They share a lot of the same characteristics of Light Tanks so if they are holding still prioritize them if you want as Arty, and if they are far enough away and spotted aim for them as a Heavy. 

Tactics where you swarm an enemy tank are fun, but they also come with a great amount risk since Tanks are rarely alone without their team around them taking shots. 

scHnuuudle_bop #76 Posted Sep 12 2018 - 22:52

Major

• -Players-
  • 20706 battles

View PostKRZYBooP, on Sep 12 2018 - 22:26, said:

In the post the first shot against the Medium tank bounces and only does damage when hitting the weak point of any tank. 

There is no additional changes announced for Artillery or Heavies in regards to the new wheeled vehicles. 

They share a lot of the same characteristics of Light Tanks so if they are holding still prioritize them if you want as Arty, and if they are far enough away and spotted aim for them as a Heavy. 

Tactics where you swarm an enemy tank are fun, but they also come with a great amount risk since Tanks are rarely alone without their team around them taking shots. 

well thanks for the replies, I look forward to trying them out then, if I can figure out how to get to test server, Us Luddites have a hard time.

Too bad there is not going to be any other changes, the only thing ignored is artillery. Guess this will just add to the challenges. So far it has been fun. 

permadank #77 Posted Sep 12 2018 - 23:35

Corporal

• Players
  • 23375 battles

View PostCapPhrases, on Sep 11 2018 - 19:44, said:

personally I would enjoy this new version of auto aim being standard on all vehicles simply because it's just frustrating to have to right click again and again just to lock on.

How do I +1000000 this comment... come'on WG.... The old AutoAim+ was so much better.

themusgrat #78 Posted Sep 13 2018 - 00:41

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 29536 battles
  • [LARRY] LARRY

This sounds like such a terrible idea, I love the look of the tank, but the mechanics are horrific. I agree with everyone who said "just fix light tanks at tier 10," which is everyone.

You guys are finished if this is what you're spending your time doing. oh wait, nobody who codes/develops or talks to people who code/develop reads this NA forum. Not sure why any of us bother posting anymore.

RC_1140 #79 Posted Sep 13 2018 - 01:18

Major

• Players
  • 63682 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS
I think its funny that they want it to be an active scout but max view range with optics gives it 394 view range. 448 with binocs. At tier 8. It will face my panzerwagon that has 532 view range with optics. Would have been better to give it good view range and bad camo so you can't sit in a bush. As is the only way it can out spot anything without dying is by sitting in a bush with binocs, speed won't make it immune to getting killed at 200-300 meters. 

iDestroya #80 Posted Sep 13 2018 - 02:04

Captain

• Players
  • 54350 battles
  • [LMAO] LMAO
REMOVE STUN. REDUCE ARTILLERY ACCURACY. That will improve your game.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users