What would you do with Arty?

Ewww Arty No one Reads Tags Anyways

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

Poll: What would you do with Arty? (179 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battles in order to participate this poll.

How would you change artillery?

1. Remove it. (63 votes [35.20%])

Percentage of vote: 35.20%

2. Roll back the stun mechanics. (17 votes [9.50%])

Percentage of vote: 9.50%

3. Rework it in some way( Please explain.) (30 votes [16.76%])

Percentage of vote: 16.76%

4. Not change it, it's fine as it is. (46 votes [25.70%])

Percentage of vote: 25.70%

5. I just roll with the punches. (16 votes [8.94%])

Percentage of vote: 8.94%

6. Check box to play with/without arty. (7 votes [3.91%])

Percentage of vote: 3.91%

Vote Hide poll

I_QQ_4_U #21 Posted Sep 13 2018 - 05:20

Major

• -Players-
  • 18678 battles

View Postshoe123, on Sep 13 2018 - 05:15, said:

7. Allow lite tanks and lite tanks only to target another tank and allow the Arty to see that targeted tank for the usual extra 3 seconds or whatever it is now. This has a cool down period for the lite..

So what happens in games with no lights?

Staz211 #22 Posted Sep 13 2018 - 05:22

Major

• Players
  • 27045 battles

View PostscHnuuudle_bop, on Sep 12 2018 - 21:01, said:

I want the stun left, the accuracy left, the loading speed boosts left, but I want the damage back.

Fix clickers, TD clickers, one TD per team.

The fact that I'm starting to recognise your name means that you're entering "known forum crap poster" levels of idiocy.

_Gungrave_ #23 Posted Sep 13 2018 - 05:23

Major

• Players
  • 42869 battles
  • [X-OUT] X-OUT

Remove it because it is and always will be a broken game mechanic that takes no skill at all to get in damage.

View PostStaz211, on Sep 13 2018 - 05:22, said:

The fact that I'm starting to recognise your name means that you're entering "known forum crap poster" levels of idiocy.

Schuuudle is like Whinemaker in that he will always defend arty and when you logically back him into a corner he will tell you to go play blitz.

Staz211 #24 Posted Sep 13 2018 - 05:31

Major

• Players
  • 27045 battles

View Post_Gungrave_, on Sep 12 2018 - 23:23, said:

Remove it because it is and always will be a broken game mechanic that takes no skill at all to get in damage.

Schuuudle is like Whinemaker in that he will always defend arty and when you logically back him into a corner he will tell you to go play blitz.

So I've noticed.

_Gungrave_ #25 Posted Sep 13 2018 - 05:38

Major

• Players
  • 42869 battles
  • [X-OUT] X-OUT

View PostChristojojo, on Sep 13 2018 - 04:11, said:

http://www.vbaddict....t_ratio&server=

Exactly how are arty effecting win rates. Read the stats. The stun does some stunning a stunning conclusion news at Ten.!!!!

How many spgs are in the top 100 win rates?

How many are tier 8,9, or 10?

What is the percentage of spgs in the top 100 winrate?

TOO bad you fake  players erhm arty whiners wont do a lick of research to back your case.

*sigh*

https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldofTanks/comments/97k540/the_xvm_arty_focus_experiment/

docroberts #26 Posted Sep 13 2018 - 06:03

Captain

• Players
  • 19207 battles
  • [TONKX] TONKX
Im not sure since I rarely ever play arty but In my opinion . I would give it a tad buff to the damage , Nerf a bit on the stun to lite and med tanks , Stun against heavy's seems to be fine every time I get hit , it's not enough to bother me . Splash might need to be taken down a hair as well .  But im not sure . 

Altwar #27 Posted Sep 13 2018 - 06:13

Major

• Players
  • 55195 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-

C'mon man.  Unsubstantiated data from a player who make it clear in their closing on the post that they hate arty.  That's called biased.   Your link is useless as I've explained to you a few times before.

I could easily make a similar post with made up "data" that substantiates any point I wish to make and it would be just as empty as that player's.

And again, that post claims an account was shared, which if anything, shows a lack of integrity and further casts in doubt anything that was said there.

grandthefttankV #28 Posted Sep 13 2018 - 06:15

Captain

• Players
  • 31903 battles
  • [DBLTG] DBLTG

Buff rate of fire and damage per shot. Enlarge splash damage area. Also increase camo and spotting rage, and allow all arty to carry vents.

grandthefttankV #29 Posted Sep 13 2018 - 06:16

Captain

• Players
  • 31903 battles
  • [DBLTG] DBLTG

Buff rate of fire and damage per shot. Enlarge splash damage area. Also increase camo and spotting rage, and allow all arty to carry vents.

WhineMaker #30 Posted Sep 13 2018 - 06:19

Major

• Players
  • 34779 battles

View PostAltwar, on Sep 12 2018 - 21:13, said:

C'mon man.  Unsubstantiated data from a player who make it clear in their closing on the post that they hate arty.  That's called biased.   Your link is useless as I've explained to you a few times before.

I could easily make a similar post with made up "data" that substantiates any point I wish to make and it would be just as empty as that player's.

And again, that post claims an account was shared, which if anything, shows a lack of integrity and further casts in doubt anything that was said there.

C'mon...

Everything posted on reddit has to be true and unbiased... :facepalm:

Goes to show, the anti arty whine club will believe anything they see or read on the internet as long as it goes along with their rant... ;)

SnakePlisskenn #31 Posted Sep 13 2018 - 06:38

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 76 battles

View PostAltwar, on Sep 13 2018 - 06:13, said:

This the best they got because there is no data to support irrational emotional objections to something WG has already reduced to a shadow of what it was. They always toss out the "no skill" line which is far from true. they toss out XVM sniping but yet portray arty players as dumb as rocks which is completely inconsistent. They had to stop with the one shot from the sky thing because arty can not generate enough damage to do that even infrequently. Its an emotional, irrational fear of something in the game that they don't like. There is no reason or justifications that can be produced except fake links like he used.

I do think most arty players would enjoy having a cap of two or maybe even one per match. I doubt any would complain of a minimal wait to play arty if that were implemented.

Add back some damage an I also think most would not care if stun were removed.

But we all know that wont stop the complainers because they have worked themselves up over the years to the point of unreasonable an again irrational emotions. Remove arty and TDs are next in line for the same constant complaining.

WhineMaker #32 Posted Sep 13 2018 - 06:42

Major

• Players
  • 34779 battles

View PostSnakePlisskenn, on Sep 12 2018 - 21:38, said:

This the best they got because there is no data to support irrational emotional objections to something WG has already reduced to a shadow of what it was. They always toss out the "no skill" line which is far from true. they toss out XVM sniping but yet portray arty players as dumb as rocks which is completely inconsistent. They had to stop with the one shot from the sky thing because arty can not generate enough damage to do that even infrequently. Its an emotional, irrational fear of something in the game that they don't like. There is no reason or justifications that can be produced except fake links like he used.

I do think most arty players would enjoy having a cap of two or maybe even one per match. I doubt any would complain of a minimal wait to play arty if that were implemented.

Add back some damage an I also think most would not care if stun were removed.

But we all know that wont stop the complainers because they have worked themselves up over the years to the point of unreasonable an again irrational emotions. Remove arty and TDs are next in line for the same constant complaining.

Please leave this thread immediately. Logical thought and discourse is not allowed in an arty thread... :angry:

grandthefttankV #33 Posted Sep 13 2018 - 06:46

Captain

• Players
  • 31903 battles
  • [DBLTG] DBLTG

View PostWhineMaker, on Sep 13 2018 - 05:42, said:

Please leave this thread immediately. Logical thought and discourse is not allowed in an arty thread... :angry:

Incorrect. Science has proven that if you tank is struck by arty, it is 100% your own fault.

Uxi #34 Posted Sep 13 2018 - 06:47

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3638 battles
  • [GOZER] GOZER

Rework.

1) no more than 2 per team

2) counter-battery fire (when they fire at target with FO (Forward Observer) skill, enemy artillery can target them back.  They'll have to fire and move.  Fire and move.

3) new skill for loaders or radio operators: FO (Forward Observer) to call arty and counter battery fire.

scHnuuudle_bop #35 Posted Sep 13 2018 - 06:53

Major

• -Players-
  • 18535 battles

View PostStaz211, on Sep 13 2018 - 05:22, said:

And I am supposed to care what you think,  by the way, this subject is about artillery, you really should limit your childish babble to the subject at hand.

View Post_Gungrave_, on Sep 13 2018 - 05:23, said:

I say what? I do not even know what blitz is, you really should read before you type on, and again, this is a subject about artillery. Not your opinions on other players.

You know Gunny, for a guy with great ideas, you sure lose your credibility with this one subject. Anyway, I do not defend anything, I really could care less what you think about me or artillery, this appears to be your issue. I just add to the conversations, The subject is "What would you do with arty?"

I added my opinion, defended nothing, just want my 1 shot kill back, That is what I would do with arty, leave it as it is, and increase damage greatly.

Edited by scHnuuudle_bop, Sep 13 2018 - 06:54.

mrmojo #36 Posted Sep 13 2018 - 07:47

Major

• Players
  • 20094 battles
  • [-LEG-] -LEG-

I would implement a check box just like Encounter has.

Arty in game: □
No Arty in game: □

People who like having Arty in game can choose to have it and people who don't can choose to play Arty free.

Simple for everyone.

nuclearguy931 #37 Posted Sep 13 2018 - 07:55

Major

• Players
  • 76926 battles
  • [UMM] UMM
Just remove the cap limit and allow the player base to decide how many get into each match.

I_QQ_4_U #38 Posted Sep 13 2018 - 08:07

Major

• -Players-
  • 18678 battles

View Postmrmojo, on Sep 13 2018 - 07:47, said:

People who like having Arty in game can choose to have it and people who don't can choose to play Arty free.

Simple for everyone.

That's just a stupid idea that keeps getting brought up by irrationalist. Nobody not playing arty would pick to play with it just as someone in a lightly armoured heavy would check a box to not have heavily armoured heavy's in the game, or derp heavies, or TD's, etc., etc. I have no problem with arty but when I'm in a game without it I know I can play a lot lazier or if I know I have an armour advantage I can bully. If we could pick what I don't want to face the game wouldn't work.

Edited by I_QQ_4_U, Sep 13 2018 - 08:08.

WhineMaker #39 Posted Sep 13 2018 - 08:40

Major

• Players
  • 34779 battles

View Postmrmojo, on Sep 12 2018 - 22:47, said:

Simple for everyone.

Go play WoT Blitz... :ohmy:

Arty free, all the time...

Made just for YOU and those unable to handle the full pc version of WoT... :child:

mrmojo #40 Posted Sep 13 2018 - 08:41

Major

• Players
  • 20094 battles
  • [-LEG-] -LEG-

View PostI_QQ_4_U, on Sep 13 2018 - 15:07, said:

That's just a stupid idea that keeps getting brought up by irrationalist. Nobody not playing arty would pick to play with it just as someone in a lightly armoured heavy would check a box to not have heavily armoured heavy's in the game, or derp heavies, or TD's, etc., etc. I have no problem with arty but when I'm in a game without it I know I can play a lot lazier or if I know I have an armour advantage I can bully. If we could pick what I don't want to face the game wouldn't work.

It is very rational and in one move offers a solution to a ongoing problem.

People who like arty would always choose to play with arty (whether they are playing a tank or a SPG)  and people who don't would choose to play arty free.

I see 6 of your most played tanks are arty - why would you choose arty free? It seems to be something you like playing...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users