• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

RoyalGreenPC #21 Posted Sep 13 2018 - 23:16

Captain

• Players
  • 19565 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

View PostKRZYBooP, on Sep 13 2018 - 15:22, said:

Bonds are also an award that allow you to get better equipment for your Tank. 

Hey man, could you let us know how the bond awards would work? Lets say we get 100,000 bonds from the cw season, will it be distributed 1,000 bonds for each of the 100 players in the clan? Or it'll be like clan gold, the clan officers will decide who gets how much bond in the clan?

mojave #22 Posted Sep 14 2018 - 01:21

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 24782 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC
Just so everyone who is asking why there isn't a reward tank for this. This is just a regular season of clan wars, not a campaign. There should be a campaign in January that will offer you the chance to obtain a reward tank.

1984BigBrother #23 Posted Sep 14 2018 - 01:22

Competitive Gaming Manager

• Administrator
  • 15607 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View Postbilzbobaggins, on Sep 13 2018 - 21:52, said:

For the reals, is there a T8 front or is this like last time where the eu page got copied and pasted here?

There is not a tier 8 front on NA the rewards were listed globally, I have had the article updated to prevent future confusion

Edited by 1984BigBrother, Sep 14 2018 - 01:22.

P_A_N_Z_E_R #24 Posted Sep 14 2018 - 01:29

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 47903 battles
  • [CARYU] CARYU

View Postmojave, on Sep 14 2018 - 01:21, said:

Just so everyone who is asking why there isn't a reward tank for this. This is just a regular season of clan wars, not a campaign. There should be a campaign in January that will offer you the chance to obtain a reward tank.

Ah thank you. Alright calm down everyone, nothing exciting to see in this CW event. Just go about your business.

ChickensMkII #25 Posted Sep 14 2018 - 02:12

Corporal

• Players
  • 30194 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View Postmojave, on Sep 14 2018 - 01:21, said:

downvote

pickpocket293 #26 Posted Sep 14 2018 - 02:24

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 27953 battles
  • [FD_UP] FD_UP

View Postmojave, on Sep 13 2018 - 16:21, said:

I know that, but that doesn't make it any less lame.

mojave #27 Posted Sep 14 2018 - 02:26

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 24782 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC
You want three campaigns in 9 months, I question your mental stability.

dexatrin82 #28 Posted Sep 14 2018 - 03:08

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20757 battles
  • [AR-PA] AR-PA
and Now I'm mad, again EU gets a Tier 8 Front, AGAIN, this whole alliance thing still only helps clans that have lots of active tier ten people, catering to the Big Boys More and More.

eraser1 #29 Posted Sep 14 2018 - 05:23

Corporal

• Players
  • 19210 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View Postdexatrin82, on Sep 13 2018 - 20:08, said:

and Now I'm mad, again EU gets a Tier 8 Front, AGAIN, this whole alliance thing still only helps clans that have lots of active tier ten people, catering to the Big Boys More and More.

The lower tier fronts don't help CW at all. We had them before, it did not work as intended, to say the least. And considering how most meta tanks at tier 8 are premium, it's even more ridiculous.

Besides, top-end competitive gameplay should belong to "the big boys". It's the reward for taking the time and effort to learn the game. You can't expect free handouts if you're not any good.

Bavor #30 Posted Sep 14 2018 - 05:59

Major

• Players
  • 30946 battles
With the alliances in effect, it sound like Wargaming wants NASA back on the NA server like the old clan wars days.  One clan controlling everything just like AOD did.

Devildog8 #31 Posted Sep 14 2018 - 14:39

Major

• Players
  • 10231 battles
  • [RSHRK] RSHRK

View Posteraser1, on Sep 13 2018 - 22:23, said:

The lower tier fronts don't help CW at all. We had them before, it did not work as intended, to say the least. And considering how most meta tanks at tier 8 are premium, it's even more ridiculous.

Besides, top-end competitive gameplay should belong to "the big boys". It's the reward for taking the time and effort to learn the game. You can't expect free handouts if you're not any good.

Get really tired of hearing this lame response, not every clan can be "Big Boys" as you claim, and saying lower tier CWs didnt work? sir I can assure you they worked as attended and you had a hell of a lot more clans playing CWs then you do now, I promise all this season will do is make more and more clans give up CWs entirely, tell me how this helps the cause? like how you sit in your Big Boy clan and belittle others because they are not.

mojave #32 Posted Sep 14 2018 - 15:10

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 24782 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC
Low tier clan wars from a perspective of a top tier clan caused stagnation. It was very rare that other clans came up to challenge anyone on the tier ten map leaving the scene relatively stagnant in that no one shook up the pot because no one had to prove anything. Perhaps on a larger server tier 8 works as intended but on NA there just isnt a big enough server population to support two competitive clan wars maps. Overall im please with the changes that wargaming has made for this season regarding provonce gold income and the increase in the number of firefly provinces. Im not really feeling this whole alliance mechanic however. I dont feel like it will encourage a dynamic scene on the map

Bavor #33 Posted Sep 14 2018 - 15:14

Major

• Players
  • 30946 battles

View PostDevildog8, on Sep 14 2018 - 08:39, said:

Get really tired of hearing this lame response, not every clan can be "Big Boys" as you claim, and saying lower tier CWs didnt work? sir I can assure you they worked as attended and you had a hell of a lot more clans playing CWs then you do now, I promise all this season will do is make more and more clans give up CWs entirely, tell me how this helps the cause? like how you sit in your Big Boy clan and belittle others because they are not.

What does "worked as attended" mean?  Does it mean it worked when you had attendance?

They didn't work as Wargaming planned.  Most tier 6 clans never moved up to tier 8 clan wars.  Most tier 8 clans never moved up to tier 10 clan wars.  It failed to get clans and players to move up to end game content.  Most tier 6 clans were happy to sit around the tier 6 map and collect measly sums of gold and never grow in size and activity so they could move up to tier 8 clan wars.  The same thing happened in tier 8 clan wars along with many of the preferred tier 8 clan wars tanks being tier 8 premium tanks.  So not only did the tier 8 clans not move up to tier 10, they also could increase their chances of winning by paying real money to buy the preferred tanks.  So in addition to not growing clans in skill and size and moving them up to tier 10 it also became partially pay to win.  If Wargaming wanted tier 8 clan wars to grow tier 10 clan wars, they should have had 15 tier 8's per side instead of 10 tier 8's per side.  It would have taught strategy and tactics for tier 10.

So no tier 6 and tier 8 clan wars didn't work as intended.  

Devildog8 #34 Posted Sep 14 2018 - 15:29

Major

• Players
  • 10231 battles
  • [RSHRK] RSHRK

View PostBavor, on Sep 14 2018 - 08:14, said:

What does "worked as attended" mean?  Does it mean it worked when you had attendance?

They didn't work as Wargaming planned.  Most tier 6 clans never moved up to tier 8 clan wars.  Most tier 8 clans never moved up to tier 10 clan wars.  It failed to get clans and players to move up to end game content.  Most tier 6 clans were happy to sit around the tier 6 map and collect measly sums of gold and never grow in size and activity so they could move up to tier 8 clan wars.  The same thing happened in tier 8 clan wars along with many of the preferred tier 8 clan wars tanks being tier 8 premium tanks.  So not only did the tier 8 clans not move up to tier 10, they also could increase their chances of winning by paying real money to buy the preferred tanks.  So in addition to not growing clans in skill and size and moving them up to tier 10 it also became partially pay to win.  If Wargaming wanted tier 8 clan wars to grow tier 10 clan wars, they should have had 15 tier 8's per side instead of 10 tier 8's per side.  It would have taught strategy and tactics for tier 10.

So no tier 6 and tier 8 clan wars didn't work as intended.  

Not to be rude but isnt that their choice to move up or not? why does it have to be forced, when a clan feels they are ready for higher tiers they will move up why does it need to forced on a clan that isnt ready for tier 10 competition, we have attendance for 6/8 and 10s so your comment is a farce , we play tier 10s, but I will defend the clans that are not ready for tier 10s we had what 1-2 seasons of 6s and 8s and you think just because they were not ready to move up at YOUR pace they should be forced to do so?

Idiotic reasoning sir

mojave #35 Posted Sep 14 2018 - 15:47

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 24782 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC
The reason clans needed to move up is that clans in wargaming have a player flow. The best players eventually make their way to the best clans. Tier 6 and 8 by offering reward to players did not encourage the natural eb and flow of players. This was also the case for clans. Imagine playing clan wars against the same 10 clans. Its pretty boring. Tier 6 and and 8 clan wars encouraged that. It gave clans the choice to not face tougher opponents and honestly I cant blame clans for taking that choice. It is a direct short term benefit to them however as far as the long term is concerned it hurt the community as a whole.

dexatrin82 #36 Posted Sep 14 2018 - 15:49

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20757 battles
  • [AR-PA] AR-PA

View Postmojave, on Sep 14 2018 - 15:10, said:

Low tier clan wars from a perspective of a top tier clan caused stagnation. It was very rare that other clans came up to challenge anyone on the tier ten map leaving the scene relatively stagnant in that no one shook up the pot because no one had to prove anything. Perhaps on a larger server tier 8 works as intended but on NA there just isnt a big enough server population to support two competitive clan wars maps. Overall im please with the changes that wargaming has made for this season regarding provonce gold income and the increase in the number of firefly provinces. Im not really feeling this whole alliance mechanic however. I dont feel like it will encourage a dynamic scene on the map

Maybe if they made it so any clans with more than 40 members with a tier 10 tank cannot even land on the tier eight front.... Limit them to One front each and make it so alliances cannot cross fronts, If your Big Clan is on the Tier X front, all allied clans must also be on tier X front. The reason some of us like the tier 8 front is because we can actually field teams in tier 8. Half my clan doesn't have a tier ten, and they don't like playing their eights in pubs, and half of them only come on to check to see if tier 8 clan wars has come back. There are ways to restrict the Big Boys from coming down to the low tiers and dominating. I have noticed more and more people who I know used to love this game are slowly getting annoyed how everything is catered to probably the top 10% of the players, these guys who make money playing, the guys who probably haven't spent a flucking dime on the game in years because WG has handed them so much. Then there are people who are constantly picking things up for their clan members, buying premium time for their buddies and getting their buddies better at the game only to be told sorry, the bigger guys think that you guys shouldn't even have a chance to try any more. The real stagnation on lower tiers came when they removed gold income from tier 6 and 8, then everyone just said fluck it and didn't fight. Maybe we want to show we can stand with the big boys but we don't want to break up our Group of friends to do it, we also don't want to have to bow down as a subordinate to another clan and be told what provinces we are attacking or defending. Since we don't have enough tier tens in the clan we're screwed, hence why we would at least like to see a tier 8 Clan War.

dexatrin82 #37 Posted Sep 14 2018 - 15:52

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20757 battles
  • [AR-PA] AR-PA

View Postmojave, on Sep 14 2018 - 15:47, said:

The reason clans needed to move up is that clans in wargaming have a player flow. The best players eventually make their way to the best clans. Tier 6 and 8 by offering reward to players did not encourage the natural eb and flow of players. This was also the case for clans. Imagine playing clan wars against the same 10 clans. Its pretty boring. Tier 6 and and 8 clan wars encouraged that. It gave clans the choice to not face tougher opponents and honestly I cant blame clans for taking that choice. It is a direct short term benefit to them however as far as the long term is concerned it hurt the community as a whole.

Oh, they were getting rewards for low tiers, OMG My Elitist Buddies and I can't have that, Only tier ten and us big top clans should have any actual fun. I guess tier 6 and 8 is just for babies who don't wanna listen to their daddies...

Can we get flipping real here for a sec, has anyone noticed how it's top end clans who [edited]when it looks like someone wants a piece of the pie they are hoarding in their fridge?

Devildog8 #38 Posted Sep 14 2018 - 16:05

Major

• Players
  • 10231 battles
  • [RSHRK] RSHRK

View Postmojave, on Sep 14 2018 - 08:47, said:

Mojave, your still playing the same clans over and over it already has become stagnant, you had 163 clans in season 8 and then 129 in season 9 half those clans in both seasons quit 2 weeks into it or played very little, opening it up to lower tiers helps bring other clans into the fold, who cares if they dont move up and a rapid pace, CWs is dying already, and with this mentality it will die even more sorry to say

dexatrin82 #39 Posted Sep 14 2018 - 16:09

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20757 battles
  • [AR-PA] AR-PA

View PostDevildog8, on Sep 14 2018 - 16:05, said:

Mojave, your still playing the same clans over and over it already has become stagnant, you had 163 clans in season 8 and then 129 in season 9 half those clans in both seasons quit 2 weeks into it or played very little, opening it up to lower tiers helps bring other clans into the fold, who cares if they dont move up and a rapid pace, CWs is dying already, and with this mentality it will die even more sorry to say

I am in complete agreement with you.

MacDaddyMatty #40 Posted Sep 14 2018 - 16:24

Major

• -Players-
  • 26594 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
Tier 8 CW relies on who has the most Defenders, that's why I recommended this.

Also tagged with KRZY, Clans, Global Map, Updates, Changes, Free, Gold

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users