• [RSHRK] RSHRK

Or even this idea I had

http://forum.worldof...__fromsearch__1

mojave #42 Posted Sep 14 2018 - 17:23

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 24781 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC
For those who accuse me of elitism and such I just want to clarify that I support the idea of an environment where weaker clans may participate in clan wars. I however do not encourage a separate environmemt for this. For those that can remember clan wars 1.0 the arctic circle offered an excellent way for clans to participate in clan wars without the fear of having to fight against significantly tougher opposition. If you can go way way back this was Africa back when clan wars was based in europe.

Devildog8 #43 Posted Sep 14 2018 - 17:58

Major

• Players
  • 10231 battles
  • [RSHRK] RSHRK

View Postmojave, on Sep 14 2018 - 10:23, said:

For those who accuse me of elitism and such I just want to clarify that I support the idea of an environment where weaker clans may participate in clan wars. I however do not encourage a separate environmemt for this. For those that can remember clan wars 1.0 the arctic circle offered an excellent way for clans to participate in clan wars without the fear of having to fight against significantly tougher opposition. If you can go way way back this was Africa back when clan wars was based in europe.

Id actually be in favor of that, but wouldnt that still put you at your same problem, separation is separation regardless the tier, if you want to separate the lower ELOs from the higher I dont see where your issue doesnt remain the same except the same number of clans fight and it still dwindles down, at least tier 8s for a lot clans can build a team nightly to compete. I see a lot of circle conversation that still comes back to the main issue

BananaCannon #44 Posted Sep 14 2018 - 18:09

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22840 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
Its already been proven that having tier 6 and 8 fronts prevents clans from ever even wanting to play tier ten at all. Clans decided that rather than fight a landing versus other clans at a similar level, they wanted to be the biggest bully in the Tier 6 sandbox and never improve. Having separate tier ten fronts is simply a better solution. This last season, clans made tons of gold and had many battles doing clan tasks and playing landings, and it's way better than they would have done on a couple tier 8 provinces worth 120/500g.

I'm going to reiterate my expression from the previous alliance mechanic post that its a stupid anticompetitive idea. WG's video suggests they want weaker clans to ally with strong ones to make them more able to hold land. The opposite is true - a few strong clans will ally to make surmounting that even harder. As commander of the current strongest cw clan, I can tell you that me and other top clan officers do not want large groups of clans covering each other. It allows weak clans to be propped up solely based on what friends they have, and allows the strongest clans to manipulate the map perfectly. The map is already confounding to less experienced clans, so piling more onto the learning curve is simply going to make them opt out further, especially with all the top clans allied to coordinate keeping them off the map.

Its bad for the top clans too, as there needs to be a balance of power. There may be several alliances early on, but eventually one alliance will overcome the rest, and clans will be motivated to join or die. This will stifle competition unless the community decides to prevent it on their own.

I see this mechanic as a ploy by WG headquarters to stifle clan wars and the global map entirely. It's not a secret that WG minsk sees the global map as a free gold giveaway and when it flops by their own design, they will have an excuse to remove or replace it entirely.

Nobody wants or needs this feature, and nobody asked for it. If you want subclans to be able to indicate allegiance, dont make it change the map mechanics. Its not well thought out. Please listen to feedback over the next couple months, and do away with this feature before it kills competitive play entirely.

Devildog8 #45 Posted Sep 14 2018 - 18:30

Major

• Players
  • 10231 battles
  • [RSHRK] RSHRK

View PostBananaCannon, on Sep 14 2018 - 11:09, said:

Its already been proven that having tier 6 and 8 fronts prevents clans from ever even wanting to play tier ten at all. Clans decided that rather than fight a landing versus other clans at a similar level, they wanted to be the biggest bully in the Tier 6 sandbox and never improve. Having separate tier ten fronts is simply a better solution. This last season, clans made tons of gold and had many battles doing clan tasks and playing landings, and it's way better than they would have done on a couple tier 8 provinces worth 120/500g.

I'm going to reiterate my expression from the previous alliance mechanic post that its a stupid anticompetitive idea. WG's video suggests they want weaker clans to ally with strong ones to make them more able to hold land. The opposite is true - a few strong clans will ally to make surmounting that even harder. As commander of the current strongest cw clan, I can tell you that me and other top clan officers do not want large groups of clans covering each other. It allows weak clans to be propped up solely based on what friends they have, and allows the strongest clans to manipulate the map perfectly. The map is already confounding to less experienced clans, so piling more onto the learning curve is simply going to make them opt out further, especially with all the top clans allied to coordinate keeping them off the map.

Its bad for the top clans too, as there needs to be a balance of power. There may be several alliances early on, but eventually one alliance will overcome the rest, and clans will be motivated to join or die. This will stifle competition unless the community decides to prevent it on their own.

I see this mechanic as a ploy by WG headquarters to stifle clan wars and the global map entirely. It's not a secret that WG minsk sees the global map as a free gold giveaway and when it flops by their own design, they will have an excuse to remove or replace it entirely.

Nobody wants or needs this feature, and nobody asked for it. If you want subclans to be able to indicate allegiance, dont make it change the map mechanics. Its not well thought out. Please listen to feedback over the next couple months, and do away with this feature before it kills competitive play entirely.

I agree with 100% of this except lower tier clans dont want to move forward, my only rebuttal is why should they? dont get me wrong were tier 10 all the way so im not saying this for my clans benefit, but if all they do is go into tier 10s and get owned pretty much every battle nothing entices them to move forward, this is plain fact.

But yes I do agree this season is going to be a total crap show 

IronClad__ #46 Posted Sep 14 2018 - 18:46

Captain

• Players
  • 61178 battles
  • [FUSON] FUSON
 Has anyone seen how many provinces there are? If the Global Map is small like the last 2-3 season then it's going to be garbo with or without Alliance mechanic. Bottom line is there needs to be an "Africa" for small clans to practice on. Honestly Im tired of these seasons and campaigns. It's too much work for too little reward. It should be a sandbox where clans can just fight it out for gold like it was in Europe in CW 1.0.

Hellsfog #47 Posted Sep 14 2018 - 19:33

Major

• Players
  • 33783 battles
  • [_SF_] _SF_

View PostDevildog8, on Sep 14 2018 - 12:30, said:

I agree with 100% of this except lower tier clans dont want to move forward, my only rebuttal is why should they? dont get me wrong were tier 10 all the way so im not saying this for my clans benefit, but if all they do is go into tier 10s and get owned pretty much every battle nothing entices them to move forward, this is plain fact.

But yes I do agree this season is going to be a total crap show 

In this last season and the one before that there were many provinces which were empty or, at least, not occupied by the top clans which gave up and coming clans something to fight over.  The bottom line, however, is that not everyone who plays this game or every clan in this game is ready for or even capable of competitive play. You can pander to those players and clans all you like but they are never going to be competitive. What tier 8 clan wars does is stunts the growth of clans that could be competitive or gives competitive clans a lazy way to farm gold. 

You are right that it is going to be a crapshow. 

View PostBananaCannon, on Sep 14 2018 - 12:09, said:

I think you are right about that. 

KRZYBooP #48 Posted Sep 14 2018 - 21:00

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 3283 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostBavor, on Sep 13 2018 - 22:59, said:

With the alliances in effect, it sound like Wargaming wants NASA back on the NA server like the old clan wars days.  One clan controlling everything just like AOD did.

Couldn't the clan wars community see that happening and form a bunch of Alliances against that particular clan? 

View PostRoyalGreenPC, on Sep 13 2018 - 16:16, said:

Hey man, could you let us know how the bond awards would work? Lets say we get 100,000 bonds from the cw season, will it be distributed 1,000 bonds for each of the 100 players in the clan? Or it'll be like clan gold, the clan officers will decide who gets how much bond in the clan?

Looking into this. 

View PostP_A_N_Z_E_R, on Sep 13 2018 - 14:08, said:

I am an absolute noob in Clan Wars topic. As I am reading all this I have only one question

What would be a benefit for a "minor" clan do join a "major" one?

The major clan can allocate provinces to lower ones so smaller clans can gain provinces without fighting bigger clans

Smaller clans offer up a contribution in the form of a convoy. The bigger the contribution the longer it will take the convoy to reach the major clan. 

The convoy can be attacked and goes into a bidding war to decide who gets to attack it. (the longer the convoy takes dictates how long it stays up on the auction house.)

A tournament happens where all clans that put in the highest bids (4 is the max) fight to challenge the defending clan.

Everyone in the alliance can participate in defending the convoy from the winning clan in the tournament.  

View PostCrown_Gold, on Sep 13 2018 - 14:24, said:

well another clan wars i will refrain from joining a clan in-- why do i want to waste my time in putting hundreds of hours into for a person to deceided how many bonds i may or may not receive and with only a clan camo and bonds this seems to be a cheap way and not a worth while time

Cause it's a fun way to earn free stuff by playing with friends. 

BananaCannon #49 Posted Sep 14 2018 - 23:10

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22840 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
I dont think people should be expecting tank rewards from a normal season. We did used to have more mini campaigns for tier 8 rare garbage, but I'd rather have the gold earnings. WG did increase the total gold from the previous two seasons, from 86k to 128k (almost 150%, closer to older seasons) and presumably there are more provinces to stretch your legs. All of this is good for clans that arent the top 5, because it become easier to find undisputed land and challenge top clans who are overextended (due to simuls). That's all positive. I just wish this alliance mechanic wasnt being implemented so haphazardly. It really makes everyone uncertain of what will happen, and its unlikely to succeed as described.

StainlessRat #50 Posted Sep 14 2018 - 23:12

Corporal

• Players
  • 33462 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

No mention of any missions like season 9 had.

Will there be any?

BananaCannon #51 Posted Sep 14 2018 - 23:18

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22840 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

View PostStainlessRat, on Sep 14 2018 - 14:12, said:

No mention of any missions like season 9 had.

Will there be any?

Well there was actually a mention in the post :

"The clan mission will comprise two groups: for Gold and influence, however the economy will be revised."

So there will be gold missions, presumably mostly on landings again, but "revised" almost certainly implies the rewards are reduced. The province values have increased though, so it's trying to encourage clans to own land - which is positive imo.

eraser1 #52 Posted Sep 15 2018 - 01:39

Corporal

• Players
  • 19210 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View Postdexatrin82, on Sep 14 2018 - 08:49, said:

everything is catered to probably the top 10% of the players, these guys who make money playing, the guys who probably haven't spent a flucking dime on the game in years because WG has handed them so much. Then there are people who are constantly picking things up for their clan members, buying premium time for their buddies and getting their buddies better at the game only to be told sorry, the bigger guys think that you guys shouldn't even have a chance to try any more.

Only about the top 0.1% of players can get by without spending money; I can tell you that it's very certainly not the top 10%.

You're under the notion that WG has handed out so much, but this hasn't been the case for years. Remember when tournaments no longer existed? Even today, the tournaments largely cater to "average" players because of the small sizes, meager prizing, and the fact that there is practically no emphasis on Tier 10 tourneys - which is where all good players would have their tanks/crews set up. It's rarely worth the gold to even set up for a lower tier tournament.

And you seem to think that nobody believes you even deserve a chance. I'm sure most "top" clans would agree that having more clans participate in the global map would be beneficial; it's just that separate CW fronts for lower tiers is not a solution (without major revisions). So as far as the global map goes, it's better to not have lower tier fronts at all than it would be to have them the way they used to be.

That said, there are good suggestions (imo) about how lower tier fronts could be implemented without ruining CW as a whole.

Edited by eraser1, Sep 15 2018 - 01:40.

BabA_YA6A #53 Posted Sep 15 2018 - 03:56

Captain

• Players
  • 26287 battles
  • [GRIMY] GRIMY

View PostKRZYBooP, on Sep 15 2018 - 04:00, said:

Couldn't the clan wars community see that happening and form a bunch of Alliances against that particular clan? 

Looking into this. 

The major clan can allocate provinces to lower ones so smaller clans can gain provinces without fighting bigger clans

Smaller clans offer up a contribution in the form of a convoy. The bigger the contribution the longer it will take the convoy to reach the major clan. 

The convoy can be attacked and goes into a bidding war to decide who gets to attack it. (the longer the convoy takes dictates how long it stays up on the auction house.)

A tournament happens where all clans that put in the highest bids (4 is the max) fight to challenge the defending clan.

Everyone in the alliance can participate in defending the convoy from the winning clan in the tournament.  

Cause it's a fun way to earn free stuff by playing with friends. 

Cause it's a fun way to earn free stuff by playing with friends..... You funny. Playing for about two month to get some camo, a pixel medal and bonds.

I have better things to do then investing an ungodly amount of time on these meager rewards.

I am not the only one thinking like that KRZY many of my clanmates and friends are upset and not  to contempt to participate in this upcoming event.

Bavor #54 Posted Sep 15 2018 - 17:27

Major

• Players
  • 30946 battles

View PostDevildog8, on Sep 14 2018 - 09:29, said:

Not to be rude but isnt that their choice to move up or not? 

Wargaming started tier 6 and tier 8 clan wars as a way for smaller and less experienced clans to get clan wars experience and move up to tier 10 clan wars. 

Its pretty obvious many of the top clans that were on the tier 6 and tier 8 maps had the activity, tanks, and player skill to move up.  Instead they didn't.  They just sat in lower tier clan wars and farmed off the n00bs.  That wasn't the intention of tier 6 and 8 clan wars.  The system didn't work as intended.

Block Quote

why does it have to be forced, when a clan feels they are ready for higher tiers they will move up why does it need to forced on a clan that isnt ready for tier 10 competition, 

You obviously lack comprehension and experience in the situation.  There were many clans ready to move up based on their tanks, skill level and attendance and they didn't.  They just sat in lower tier clan wars farming and making themselves feel good by beating n00bs.  That was against the intention of tier 6 and 8 clan wars.  The system didn't work as intended.

Block Quote

we have attendance for 6/8 and 10s so your comment is a farce , 

If you have attendance for 10's then why are you upset at the loss of tier 6 and 8 clan wars?  Tier 6 and 8 clan wars didn't work as intended on the NA server.  Most tier 6 and 8 clans never moved up to higher tier clan wars even when they could.  So tier 6 and 8 clan wars failed as a system to increase participation in tier 10 clan wars.

Calling my comment a farce means you have poor reading comprehension or poor understanding of the situation.

Block Quote

we play tier 10s, but I will defend the clans that are not ready for tier 10s we had what 1-2 seasons of 6s and 8s and you think just because they were not ready to move up at YOUR pace they should be forced to do so?

Well now you have no reason to hang around at low tiers and defend clans that don't have the skill and experience to participate in clan wars.  By defending them you were hindering their ability to learn about clan wars.

I never said they had to move up at my pace.  Your reading comprehension fails you.  I said many clans hung around at tier 6 and 8 and never moved up when they had the tanks, skills, and attendance to move up.  Instead they sat down in lower tier clan wars farming off n00bs instead of moving up when it was obvious the clan was ready.  They were doing the opposite of the intention of lower tier clan wars.  That shows tier 6 and 8 clan wars were a failed system.

Block Quote

Idiotic reasoning sir

That sounds like you don't comprehend the meaning of lower tier clan wars or you are upset that you got called out for sitting in lower tier clan wars instead of moving up when you were ready.

Bavor #55 Posted Sep 15 2018 - 17:41

Major

• Players
  • 30946 battles

View PostKRZYBooP, on Sep 14 2018 - 15:00, said:

NASA was a big alliance of clans that controlled most of the global map.  It fell apart more due to greed and a change in leadership of AOD than to other clans ganging up on them.  The blue on the map was all the NASA alliance clans.

AOD's clans(AOD, AOD-A, AOD-L, AOD-X, etc..) had at least 16 clan wars teams and MLP had 4 or 5 clan wars teams in addition to the clan wars teams of all of their clans they were allied with.  If a majority of the top 10 clans joined together we could have another NASA like situation on the map.

Basically, the alliance system would allow a similar situation to occur if the top clans and their current sub clans wanted to work together and completely control the map.

Devildog8 #56 Posted Sep 15 2018 - 19:28

Major

• Players
  • 10231 battles
  • [RSHRK] RSHRK

View PostBavor, on Sep 15 2018 - 10:27, said:

1. Wargaming started tier 6 and tier 8 clan wars as a way for smaller and less experienced clans to get clan wars experience and move up to tier 10 clan wars. 

2. Its pretty obvious many of the top clans that were on the tier 6 and tier 8 maps had the activity, tanks, and player skill to move up.  Instead they didn't.  They just sat in lower tier clan wars and farmed off the n00bs.  That wasn't the intention of tier 6 and 8 clan wars.  The system didn't work as intended.

3. You obviously lack comprehension and experience in the situation.  There were many clans ready to move up based on their tanks, skill level and attendance and they didn't.  They just sat in lower tier clan wars farming and making themselves feel good by beating n00bs.  That was against the intention of tier 6 and 8 clan wars.  The system didn't work as intended.

4. If you have attendance for 10's then why are you upset at the loss of tier 6 and 8 clan wars?  Tier 6 and 8 clan wars didn't work as intended on the NA server.  Most tier 6 and 8 clans never moved up to higher tier clan wars even when they could.  So tier 6 and 8 clan wars failed as a system to increase participation in tier 10 clan wars.

5. Calling my comment a farce means you have poor reading comprehension or poor understanding of the situation.

6. Well now you have no reason to hang around at low tiers and defend clans that don't have the skill and experience to participate in clan wars.  By defending them you were hindering their ability to learn about clan wars.

7. I never said they had to move up at my pace.  Your reading comprehension fails you.  I said many clans hung around at tier 6 and 8 and never moved up when they had the tanks, skills, and attendance to move up.  Instead they sat down in lower tier clan wars farming off n00bs instead of moving up when it was obvious the clan was ready.  They were doing the opposite of the intention of lower tier clan wars.  That shows tier 6 and 8 clan wars were a failed system.

8. That sounds like you don't comprehend the meaning of lower tier clan wars or you are upset that you got called out for sitting in lower tier clan wars instead of moving up when you were ready.

1. I fully agree that clans that were ready should have and didnt to farm other lower skilled clans, sorry to be the guy to prove you wrong but our clan did move from lower tiers to 10s, get your facts straight before making assumptions 

2. Please show me where it was said that 6 and 8 clan wars was supposed to benefit tier 10 clan wars, all it stated was a mode to help get smaller clans engaged in clan wars

3. You like to repeat yourself dont you, maybe proof read your work first sir

4. I have not used the words upset, mad, sad or anything close to it, again proof read is English 101 all I have said is lower tier CW brings more clans involved in the CW experience, I have also put up my own version of tier 10 CWs  http://forum.worldof...7#entry11803787 no where in there does it say 6-8s

5. Your comment is still a farce

6. Well there is some idiotic logic for ya

7. nope you only implied it

8. Again repeating yourself 

dexatrin82 #57 Posted Sep 16 2018 - 10:46

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20755 battles
  • [AR-PA] AR-PA

I pose this, What about the clans that can't get the attendance for tier ten, or we simply dont have enough tier ten selection? We were working in tier 6's first two seasons, then we moved to eights for next season, as was expected, we did okay. We were going to use a couple seasons to earn some gold and help some guys get a couple more tens and start getting ready to move up. So we were advancing, just not each season.

A Few suggestions I have:

Tier 6 Front:

Only open to clans with less than 50 members, and Top 5 Clans in this bracket will not be allowed to land in tier 6 following season, and be told they should try tier 8's

Team Size of Ten. This will help get more people involved with less provinces, allowing more clans to be on the map.

Lockouts Enabled, There is such a selection of tier 6 tanks that locking should be enabled and be for a decent amount of time. Not just one day for light tanks....

No Gold Income

Credit Income Quadrupled

No Camo/Tank/Emblem rewards at all, this is plainly for the organized play experience and clan wars learning.

No Missions

Tier 8 Front:

Open to clans with 75 Members or less, or who have  less than 50 members with tier 8 tanks "Researched"(I say researched and not bought cause a clan could just sell all their 8's), Same rules as above for top 5 clans in bracket.

Team Size Ten

Lockouts Enabled

Minor Gold Income

Credit Income Doubled

Emblem Reward Only

Missions For Bonds/Credits

Tier X Silver Front:

All Clans, as long as you have at least ten people with a tier ten tank.

Here's where it gets interesting, If you hold land in this for more than one day you are barred from all other fronts except tier X Gold Front.

Team Size Ten

Lockouts Disabled

Medium Gold Income

Credit Income Doubled

Emblem and Camo Reward No Bonds.

Missions for Gold/Bonds/Credits

Tier X Gold Front:

If you hold land more than one day, This is the only front you can play on for season.

Teams of 15

Lockouts Enabled

HUGE I mean positively Gigantic Gold Income

No Credit Income

Emblem, Camo and Bond Rewards

Missions For Gold/Bonds/Credits with HUGE Rewards.

This could get more smaller clans involved and ensure different clans get a chance at top 5 each season, and ensure that people who are holding land in tens cant just drop down and pluck noobs from lower tiers.

By Keeping team sizes at ten and limiting tier 6 and 8 to lower population clans, while increasing the amount of provinces by opening more fronts, this will allow more clans to participate while keeping larger clans trying for easy rewards out. While there will probably be some clans that find a way to game the system, the huge rewards at the top end and minuscule rewards for smaller tiers should discourage that, and when I say minuscule gold income for tier 8, I mean enough that people can move equipment around maybe once a night or so, so like maybe 30-100/day. I am also saying that by limiting low tiers to smaller clans we are discouraging Big Conglomerates from coming down unless they wanna split their clans up a whole bunch.  

I am just trying to find something that will allow less active clans with fewer members experience the clan wars dynamic in a less competitive way, while not forcing them to break up and join larger clans.  Some social clans are really just a group of 20-30 guys who don't really wanna be forced to play their tier tens every night, but would love to try a clan war dynamic on lower tier, and maybe eventually gather more people and move up like we were trying to do before tier 6/8 got removed. 

It was those Big clans who messed it up by staying lower than they should have been, those same big clans who are saying that it ruined clan wars and that it was the reason it's broken, were the same freaking ones abusing it and dropping to the lower tiers. So they first sabotage the lower tier fronts, then come on the forums complain that it's broken, get them removed and force everyone to fight them in tier ten where they know they can dominate anyways and where they know that less than 10% of the clans can even try to compete because they don't have numbers. If I look at it from that standpoint, the big clans got mad the little guys got a slice of pie, threw a tantrum and said only big clans get pie and got the pie locked away in a special tier x vault. and when I say pie I dont mean gold, i mean THE WHOLE CLAN WARS EXPERIENCE.....

WE SMALLER CLANS WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO TAKE PART IN THE WHOLE EXPERIENCE WE REALLY COULD CARE LESS ABOUT THE GOLD....

Anyways I'm tired and rambling now...... So Goodnight.

lozarus #58 Posted Sep 16 2018 - 18:28

Major

• -Players-
  • 41820 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

I'm only posting because i was asked to, so i'm breaking 3 years 4 months of silence because apparently i should weigh into the conversation, not that i think it will make a single iota of difference, as no employees of WG NA have any power to make significant changes to CW's beyond changing the font and some spell checking. 

Ultimate Conquest (Clan Wars) was endgame content

The original map design was almost perfect at its introduction, with a clean slate WG hadn't attempted to artificially engineer any part clan behaviour, it was a Darwinist free-for-all, in which place players rose and fell, clans rose and fell and alliances rose and fell. There was a whole bunch of rosezes and fallingzes.  All of which was set in the backdrop of the almost perfect map, which i can only assume was designed by a smart person, or accidentally by a stupid one, but the map had areas in every timezone that were new-friendly to clans, to learn how to play ALONGSIDE the big-business clans. West Africa had its Western Al Wahat @ 3k GPD in Libya, surrounded by low income, this carrot was the battleground of every clan trying to establish itself in Clan Wars for almost 2 years, and in fact it was on the first day of Clan Wars that i was fighting over it with an IS7 as a scout because "it goes 60kph, surely its a good scout?" back in 2011. The further East you went, the more gold was available, until you got into the Levant and Anatolia, where you started to get enough income to do more than pay 30 gold per player for a few gold rounds in Clan Wars, but you could actually pay someone's premium subscription, which offset their own expenses to buy other in-game content. 

The further around you went the more gold you got and the more diverse the maps became and the more competition there was available, looking over your shoulder 3 or 6 months earlier, you could see yourself playing Sand River and El Haluf, against 3AC and now you were playing against AOD, MS-W and IR and learning about the characters behind the clan icons in diplo. The map was a conveyor belt to success, it was not something you could easily bypass without jumping through the hoops first, you could stall at a certain point and then move sideways, you could also kill your own clan by being so attached to a place that it became historically synonymous with your own clan and the loss of being mapped from it often destroyed the ego of an entire roster of players, however at least that sort of "flavour" was available in a game where the debate over historical accuracy and fictitious RU developer wet-dream tanks and RNG were at loggerheads. (which was ultimately won by wet-dream tanks and RNG). 

The entire system nailed it at the first go around, and ever since it has been the Community Vs. WarGaming, as WG have continually taken a fire-axe to the endgame content by killing incentive, restricting battles, handicapping successful clans, a skill apartheid which inhibited clan development and polarised top from bottom and over-complicating a 3rd party UI that was already more complicated than Chess, all the while making it more buggy and less user friendly. 

Map stagnation WAS a thing, it was also managed by the most successful clan(s) with varying degrees of hard power (tank battles) and soft power (diplomacy). Greed subjectively was ALWAYS corrected as there is a threshold of how much gold you "earn" and how much crap you talk that the next best clan(s) will tolerate before they check your oil. Refreshing the map regularly helps in as much as a painter prolifically re-hanging canvas, the same clans more or less will end up occupying the parts of the map that matter, because they are capable. The fulcrum point between capability and restricting the dynamic flow of player and clan progression is where WG should always have concerned themselves and ONLY with the most caution and with the smallest steps possible. Walking the line between prohibiting the best clans from monopolising the map at the expense of the game mode, and handicapping the best clans and creating an artificial equality of outcome for even the most awful of undeserved. 

Clans that are not particularly good (missing capability) will moan about "big clans", there's no such thing as a big clan because there's a 100 player limit. If you can't attract 100 players to a clan, that should be a cause for concern and something to address before you begin to flirt with Clan Wars, although there are exceptions to that rule which are obvious to people who know something about Clan Wars history. Clan Wars was endgame content, take away all of the ways in which the top are segregated from the bottom, expand the map to allow the entire population of those willing to participate in CW's, and start again with a clean slate at finding where that balance between encouragement and fairness exists. 

There's no hope because WG NA have a pittance of self-determination over Minsk, not through lack of effort, its just the way the business is run. 
The lot we have is to continue to do our best to extract a return on the money and time you invest in this company that goes beyond spamming the battle button, this is a puppy mill designed to quickly get you into a tier where you need to fire gold, squeeze the maximum amount of cash out of you via micro transactions, and spit you out through frustration at lack of progression should you fail to part with money and lack the necessary skills with which to progress without purchases. 

Which is basically the model for most MMOPG's. 

dexatrin82 #59 Posted Sep 16 2018 - 18:41

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20755 battles
  • [AR-PA] AR-PA

View Postlozarus, on Sep 16 2018 - 18:28, said:

I'm only posting because i was asked to, so i'm breaking 3 years 4 months of silence because apparently i should weigh into the conversation, not that i think it will make a single iota of difference, as no employees of WG NA have any power to make significant changes to CW's beyond changing the font and some spell checking. 

Ultimate Conquest (Clan Wars) was endgame content

Clans that are not particularly good (missing capability) will moan about "big clans", there's no such thing as a big clan because there's a 100 player limit. If you can't attract 100 players to a clan, that should be a cause for concern and something to address before you begin to flirt with Clan Wars, although there are exceptions to that rule which are obvious to people who know something about Clan Wars history. Clan Wars was endgame content, take away all of the ways in which the top are segregated from the bottom, expand the map to allow the entire population of those willing to participate in CW's, and start again with a clean slate at finding where that balance between encouragement and fairness exists. 

So you are saying you want the  top in the same bracket as the bottom, as in you WANT TO BE ABLE TO BEATDOWN NEW CLANS FOR EASY CHEAP GOLD?

Just cause your clan is getting pissed because of the alliance mechanic.

lozarus #60 Posted Sep 16 2018 - 18:48

Major

• -Players-
  • 41820 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC
No, my clan "could" beat your clan into the dirt as i have 3 divisions, so i don't particularly need an Alliance mechanic, plus my clan is subjectively capable of doing it to you regardless of the Alliance function. 
I'm looking at the game through the lens of someone who's been playing it in every iteration since day one, and has the games best interests at heart and i'd appreciate if you didn't take a hostile tone and tell me what i'm saying which is entirely the opposite of what i mean. 

Your clan won't be rubbish if you are exposed to good clans. My clan got good because it was subjected to superior clans from day one, my clan is AWFUL in comparison to many other clans, and we are regularly beaten by clans who shouldn't be beating us. I can tell already from what you have written and what you took from my original comment to know that you are an awful clan commander who is the likely reason that your clan is terrible. 

You do not understand the game you are playing, you do not develop the talent you posses, you do not expose yourself to the initiative that competition provides, and you are hostile and assumptive to ideas of people who are your opposite. 

If you read what i wrote with the appropriate eye correction, you will realise that i am actually a champion of the underdog, my hope is that garbage clans develop themselves into good clans in order to expand the game and keep it alive and in a healthier state. 

Also tagged with KRZY, Clans, Global Map, Updates, Changes, Free, Gold

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users