KRZY CT Common Test update New Map Empires border

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

docroberts #21 Posted Sep 14 2018 - 15:49

Captain

• Players
  • 19209 battles
  • [TONKX] TONKX
When you want that 6gb patch actually add to WOT,,,,,,, WoW ,,LOOK !!!! , NOTHING !!!!!! :trollface:

biop1 #22 Posted Sep 14 2018 - 16:26

Corporal

• Players
  • 21149 battles
  • [CDEV] CDEV
I really like the idea of tier 5 and below bots...they are honestly better then I have expected they are aim pretty good for a bot. and they move into cover when shot and even some times shoot apcr if you have thick armor. A thing that could be improved on is bots driving infront of your view and such. :D

Edited by biop1, Sep 14 2018 - 16:30.

biop1 #23 Posted Sep 14 2018 - 16:29

Corporal

• Players
  • 21149 battles
  • [CDEV] CDEV

View PostGWyatt, on Sep 14 2018 - 13:19, said:

Cannot test something that you cannot get into. I thought testing bots for the lower tiers might be fun. Issue is that with the low population on the test server it is nearly impossible to get 5 other random players together to play low tier and try and guess which of 5 tiers they maybe trying to get into.

In order to test this mode the number of human players per side must be reduced, to say 1 on each team, and the tiers to be played should be restricted to no more than two tiers. Say tier one and five or just use one tier for testing. Otherwise this mode is not going to get much, if any, testing.

I literally have no problem trying games out with bots lol...

YoungFrankenstein #24 Posted Sep 14 2018 - 16:44

Private

• -Players-
  • 170 battles

View PostKehox, on Sep 14 2018 - 00:11, said:

if i get this map with any Arty tier 7+ i stay afk ! this map is badly design for it... any bad shell arc arty will suffer.... thank you to concidarate to limit this map to tier 4-7 only if not assume the drama that goes with it.

This map is no different than Mountain Pass. Looking at the mini map I can see a few places to stage arty on north and south spawn.

You wanting to go afk because of a difficult  map speaks a lot about your character. When given a difficult task you will always whine and cry about it rather than giving it your best shot.

Cognitive_Dissonance #25 Posted Sep 14 2018 - 16:55

Major

• Players
  • 40431 battles
  • [ANASS] ANASS

While visually appealing, looks like some spots for meds etc. At first glance all I see is "choke point corridor meta".

The Arty guy crying about going AFK because of the map design though, classic.

KRZYBooP #26 Posted Sep 14 2018 - 18:23

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 3371 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostCynicalDutchie, on Sep 13 2018 - 15:05, said:

So we're just gonna leave erlenberg, fisherman's bay, fjords and prok as the campfests they are? GG Minsk.

View PostGroza_Tanke, on Sep 13 2018 - 14:59, said:

WG map designers design for heavy tank brawling.  This is easier for their simple minds  than putting thought into how the other 4 tank types will play the map.

The new map will be almost useless for arty, light tanks, and TDs.  Mediums will have follow along behind the heavies and hope they can be helpful.

The game needs a foundry where the players can design their own maps and challenge other players to test and play on it.  WG could then pick the best

player designed maps to use in the game.  This would give them access to a very large pool of talent and at a very cheap cost.  The players couldn't do

any worse than the devs (I mean look at the crap they did to FJORDS!).

Have you checked out the Super Test announcing changes to Fjords?

View PostMisterLemons, on Sep 13 2018 - 18:31, said:

Yeah we're going to ignore how you're addressing an issue that exists and still failing to even make a dent in the problem with every other map that exists in this game. Let's ask the REAL questions, shall we?

1- When are you guys going to address how unrelenting of an issue artillery is?

2- How much of an epidemic does the unmitigated disaster that is premium shell spam have to become before you even ATTEMPT to fix it?

3- At what point will matchmaker start attempting to even out teams based on your own system of  'player rating'?

4- WHEN WILL YOU EVEN ATTEMPT TO BALANCE TANKS?

The fact that all of these issues have existed and not been addressed since they were implemented suggests that you believe they all work the way they should with minimal problems which also suggests that you have never played your own game. Game mechanics are undermining other game mechanics with no significant drawbacks to doing so. For the sake of not suffering from an aneurysm as I go into detail and watch as it falls upon deaf ears I'll leave it at this since your own understanding of what the community wants is a hodgepodge of simple and complex. Are you ready?

Fix. Your. Game.

Did you happen to participate in the Q and A with our developers? Here is a LINKto the forum post where players got the chance to ask questions, and also available on REDDIT

All information gathered by Private_Public

pilgrim2223 #27 Posted Sep 14 2018 - 21:13

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 22402 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

A couple of games had all the enemy bots sat on their cap not moving so it became a turkey shoot and also most of the 20 games so far have seen ally bots lemming train one way or another, this may not be a significant problem if the maximum number of bots is going to be a small number a side, (quote WG) but on the CT the average sides so far, are 3 human players and 12 bots per side.

Also bots can do team damage by bumping in to your tank at the start despite attempting to avoid them its not always possible.

Not seen the new Asia map yet in 20 plus battles?

Woo67 #28 Posted Sep 15 2018 - 01:28

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1493 battles

View PostGWyatt, on Sep 14 2018 - 08:19, said:

Cannot test something that you cannot get into. I thought testing bots for the lower tiers might be fun. Issue is that with the low population on the test server it is nearly impossible to get 5 other random players together to play low tier and try and guess which of 5 tiers they maybe trying to get into.

In order to test this mode the number of human players per side must be reduced, to say 1 on each team, and the tiers to be played should be restricted to no more than two tiers. Say tier one and five or just use one tier for testing. Otherwise this mode is not going to get much, if any, testing.

took the words out of my mouth. Can't test the bots ( witch i think would be fun as well ) when everyone wants to just get a T10 and play.

tirsajohncito #29 Posted Sep 15 2018 - 06:04

Corporal

• Players
  • 32448 battles
  • [X2] X2
I like the idea of bots, but would like to see a bots training academy.

Quake_Guy #30 Posted Sep 15 2018 - 07:18

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2936 battles
new player, amazed such an old game doesn't have a map editor available.  would be fun to have some silly non conventional maps like Counter Strike and Quake have done over the years.  CTF...  FFA with all identical tanks...  in a Mario Kart environment.  

Edited by Quake_Guy, Sep 15 2018 - 07:22.

MacGG #31 Posted Sep 15 2018 - 21:05

Captain

• Players
  • 18030 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP
Is Widepark going to be available to all tiers or will it still be tier limited?

Elkad #32 Posted Sep 16 2018 - 01:46

Corporal

• Players
  • 20937 battles
  • [VPG] VPG

Another map designed for smashing heavies into one another at point blank range.

Where are our long sightlines?  Murovanka used to be great for that (on the east) if you had good scouting, now it's ruined by both bumpy terrain and removal of most of the bushes.

How about a map that is just one giant gently-rolling corn field (or non-destroyable bushes - same thing)?   Maximum camo everywhere, but nowhere to actually get more than partially hull-down.  All soft ground.  Maybe a few destroyable houses, but no rocks, streams, ditches or anything else.   It would be a battle of maneuver and spotting and proper angling, not peek-a-boo.

Captain_Obvious65 #33 Posted Sep 16 2018 - 12:23

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 9847 battles
  • [M-I-T] M-I-T

It is good to see a new map in the game. Yeah, it is a corridor, static battle map, but it is a new corridor, static fight map. 

Highway was not the best but it did offer some more variation of tactics. As far as Narrow, er, Wide park is concerned, if you left it the same cramped size why bother? 

Seriously, I hope that these will prove good. But given the track record...

Captain_Obvious65 #34 Posted Sep 16 2018 - 12:27

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 9847 battles
  • [M-I-T] M-I-T

View PostElkad, on Sep 15 2018 - 19:46, said:

.How about a map that is just one giant gently-rolling corn field (or non-destroyable bushes - same thing)?   Maximum camo everywhere, but nowhere to actually get more than partially hull-down.  All soft ground.  Maybe a few destroyable houses, but no rocks, streams, ditches or anything else.   It would be a battle of maneuver and spotting and proper angling, not peek-a-boo.

^THIS! A great map idea! Something that will require more tactical thinking and allow for variations in game play. 

LpBronco #35 Posted Sep 16 2018 - 12:58

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 40155 battles
  • [TG] TG

Really enjoyed the topography on the maps they used for Frontlines. Not sure how using individual portions of those maps would fare but it would be interesting to try (Each map was 9 of the present map sizes). Seemed to be room on each "map" to try multiple access lines and was generally room for maneuvers and flanking. Of course actually being able to take advantage of the full kilometer squared maps was a huge plus.

warioto #36 Posted Sep 16 2018 - 21:36

Private

• -Players-
  • 348 battles
  • [CARCA] CARCA
is look cool

hinrich_sniper #37 Posted Sep 17 2018 - 01:16

Private

• -Players-
  • 658 battles
  • [THETA] THETA
the way the new maps play feel really good right now it will take players some time to learn them but other than that it feels great

NO_SEE_UM #38 Posted Sep 17 2018 - 20:29

Private

• -Players-
  • 2317 battles

Played about a dozen games and no new maps or bots? I would rather work towards experience with the tanks I own. Thanks anyway.

IronPanterloons #39 Posted Sep 17 2018 - 22:25

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3194 battles

I hope the bot mode turns into a full PvE mode like in AW. It'd be nice to get a new tank and have a chance to get used to its playstyle and upgrade it before being thrown into matches with super high skill players for a change.

Still waiting for a proper test drive feature though.

GWyatt #40 Posted Sep 18 2018 - 22:29

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3360 battles
  • [VAN] VAN

View PostWoo67, on Sep 14 2018 - 19:28, said:

took the words out of my mouth. Can't test the bots ( witch i think would be fun as well ) when everyone wants to just get a T10 and play.

I found out that I was being placed on the CT2 and always timed-out when trying to get into a tier 5 battle. Moved to CT1 and can get battles with bots in a minute or less (in the middle of the day here in the USA.)

The bots are pretty good. I haven't had time to play a lot but on Erlenberg something strange happened. I spawned on the south in a 5/10, tier 5/4 battle. Not one of the bots on my team crossed the river to the west in a least the first five minutes of play. It was like they don't know how or where to cross it. This led to a lemming train up the east side of the river where it was a turkey shoot by the enemy team. Seems like at least some of the north spawn bots did cross to the east.

I'd love to see this mode implemented in a way to allow (newer) players to test out various classes of tanks, up to tier 5, explore and get familiar with maps, and do so without worrying about affecting stats, and more importantly their teams.

Also, in the test environment, are you only testing tanks against premium rounds and not what they can do with/against normal rounds? I'm not sure that comprehensive testing of tank armor and the like is completely valid if your not restricting the use of a premium round, either by restricting the number of rounds you can use, or removing them for specific test cases. Just my thought.

Edited by GWyatt, Sep 18 2018 - 22:48.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users