KRZY CT Common Test update New Map Empires border

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

HOTA_CHATON #41 Posted Sep 19 2018 - 04:10

Major

• Players
  • 12650 battles
  • [GOLB] GOLB

Well, you certainly have a problem on your hands.  After more than an  hour of total wait time, I gave up.  Even your Bot Supreme Plan does not work for me.  If we can't access the material, how can we give you a half/as'd opinion of it?  Thanks for nothing.  Oh, this was my second attempt, to get on and play, just today.

Before it's even asked, I tried several different tiers, up to Tier 9.

BabA_YA6A #42 Posted Sep 19 2018 - 23:22

Captain

• Players
  • 26287 battles
  • [O-VER] O-VER

I played about ten games on the CT server and to say the least it is very toxic and full of TK Moron's.

I had at least one on my team in every match I played.

The team composition is abysmal and unrealistic because you have at least three to four 4005 on each side and accompanied by another couple of TD's from other nations.

Besides the point that every Muppet and his Mother spams premium rounds at you.

I wonder what data wargaming is collecting with the test server because it is totally unreal and unrealistic!

PS. Besides the point that the people with a PR of less than 2K being permitted to play tier X and crap out in the first minute.

n00bfarmer #43 Posted Sep 20 2018 - 01:13

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 21 battles

View PostQuake_Guy, on Sep 15 2018 - 02:18, said:

new player, amazed such an old game doesn't have a map editor available.  would be fun to have some silly non conventional maps like Counter Strike and Quake have done over the years.  CTF...  FFA with all identical tanks...  in a Mario Kart environment.  

If you continue to play, you will be "amazed" about many things in the game.....and I don't mean that is a good way. Things like:

1. Excessive 50% rng swings on just about everything such as accuracy, penetration values, damage values and then there are "hidden" stats on tanks so that .3 accuracy gun handles worse and is less accurate than a Russian .55 accuracy gun and hidden stats on other tank characteristics such as terrain resistances and spaced armor that is not listed.

2. Random terrain/building model glitches where it appears you can shoot an enemy tank near an edge but the flawed model edges block your shots. In a tank shooting game, this is kind of important to get something like this right in modelling the objects in the game. People have complained about these errors since 1.0 went live a few months ago but all we get is silence from war gaming.

3. Three artillery per team in the majority of battles is toxic for the majority of players.

4. Bad corridor map design in response to terrible balance of firepower-penetration-premium rounds vs armor. The balance is all out of whack and their fix is to mess up map designs with corridors and lanes to give tanks hiding places where flanking is almost impossible. Basically these things ruin balance and game-play for every tank class. 

5. Match making template system (3/5/7 in particular since it is used most of the time), makes you bottom tier in the vast majority of battles in any tier 4-8 tank. Heavy tanks are basically garbage to play in those tiers because of this. Most other classes suffer as well. Terrible system that has cause many people to quit playing the game since it was implemented late last year. Listed in my signature below (4tankers ideas on how to improve the match maker), is a solution to the problem but it falls on deaf ears.

6. Power creeping when adding new tanks and tank lines in the tech trees making your shiny new higher tier tank play like a pile of poo in comparison to the newer tanks. It forces you to grind the new tank lines or be frustrated playing your old tank that was power creeped. But, I can let this problem go because they are a company after all and need to earn profits and this is how they do that but you still have to be careful on what you spend your valuable time and/or money on in this game because it can and probably will change in a few months or or year where your tanks become obsolete, either directly or indirectly in some way. They are master at doing this to tanks.

7. Stating the truth in these forums can get you banned. They must think they are running a gulag here or something...

Edited by n00bfarmer, Sep 20 2018 - 01:39.

Firepoint #44 Posted Sep 20 2018 - 20:47

Private

• Players
  • 67662 battles
Love the new map! More maps keep me playing this game with over 65K games played. Please more maps and PLEASE bring back Dragon's Ridge the range of elevations was really unique and fun. 

Hillbilly58 #45 Posted Sep 20 2018 - 22:06

Sergeant

• Players
  • 43907 battles
  • [INSNE] INSNE
Thank you for your effort, looking forward to play it.

Hillbilly58 #46 Posted Sep 20 2018 - 22:09

Sergeant

• Players
  • 43907 battles
  • [INSNE] INSNE

View Postn00bfarmer, on Sep 20 2018 - 00:13, said:

If you continue to play, you will be "amazed" about many things in the game.....and I don't mean that is a good way. Things like:

1. Excessive 50% rng swings on just about everything such as accuracy, penetration values, damage values and then there are "hidden" stats on tanks so that .3 accuracy gun handles worse and is less accurate than a Russian .55 accuracy gun and hidden stats on other tank characteristics such as terrain resistances and spaced armor that is not listed.

2. Random terrain/building model glitches where it appears you can shoot an enemy tank near an edge but the flawed model edges block your shots. In a tank shooting game, this is kind of important to get something like this right in modelling the objects in the game. People have complained about these errors since 1.0 went live a few months ago but all we get is silence from war gaming.

3. Three artillery per team in the majority of battles is toxic for the majority of players.

4. Bad corridor map design in response to terrible balance of firepower-penetration-premium rounds vs armor. The balance is all out of whack and their fix is to mess up map designs with corridors and lanes to give tanks hiding places where flanking is almost impossible. Basically these things ruin balance and game-play for every tank class. 

5. Match making template system (3/5/7 in particular since it is used most of the time), makes you bottom tier in the vast majority of battles in any tier 4-8 tank. Heavy tanks are basically garbage to play in those tiers because of this. Most other classes suffer as well. Terrible system that has cause many people to quit playing the game since it was implemented late last year. Listed in my signature below (4tankers ideas on how to improve the match maker), is a solution to the problem but it falls on deaf ears.

6. Power creeping when adding new tanks and tank lines in the tech trees making your shiny new higher tier tank play like a pile of poo in comparison to the newer tanks. It forces you to grind the new tank lines or be frustrated playing your old tank that was power creeped. But, I can let this problem go because they are a company after all and need to earn profits and this is how they do that but you still have to be careful on what you spend your valuable time and/or money on in this game because it can and probably will change in a few months or or year where your tanks become obsolete, either directly or indirectly in some way. They are master at doing this to tanks.

7. Stating the truth in these forums can get you banned. They must think they are running a gulag here or something...

Wow an expert with what 21 battles.

LpBronco #47 Posted Sep 20 2018 - 23:25

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 40155 battles
  • [TG] TG

View PostHillbilly58, on Sep 20 2018 - 16:09, said:

Wow an expert with what 21 battles.

An alt forum account so he doesn't get hammered in game for his opinions here. He usually is thoughtful and accurate. Oh, I  forgot you have to have a 2700 wn8 to have an opinion.

GWyatt #48 Posted Sep 26 2018 - 13:40

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3360 battles
  • [VAN] VAN

I got thinking more about the bots in the common test this morning and how they may "help" the new players in the game. I decided to see how long it takes to get into a low tier battle (in this case tier 2) at 8AM EDT on the NA server. It took just over 4 minutes and I got a 7 vs 7 battle. The entire battle was over in just over 5 minutes. This is pretty typical and very discouraging for the new player. To spend 4-5 minutes waiting for a battle that lasts less than 5-6 minutes (in the non-prime time.) Even in prime time, low tier battles take quite a while to get into and are over very quickly. This is where bots, used to fill out teams quickly, would be beneficial for newer players.

Using bots in tier 4 and below would also give the new player some protection from seal clubbing as your chances of being in a battle with seal clubbers goes does down as the number of available battles goes up. There are those that would argue that throwing the new player in the deep end of the pool is the best way to learn, I disagree. There are many ways to learn from good players that don't involve playing against/with them all the time in the actual game.

I propose tier 4 and lower being filled out with bots when needed. Mostly because at tier 1 and 2 you only see a couple of maps and you see more maps at tier 4. Map knowledge is very important in this game. The learning curve for this game is very steep and using bots to get one into battles quickly with a variety of maps and tanks will help the new player develop a play style they are comfortable with, before they become a complete drag on their teams in the higher tiers.

Some may also argue that putting bots at low tiers will pull players down to those tiers to play. Well, like every time a shiny new tank comes out, it will not last long and then everything goes back to normal.

You know that something is wrong when the advice is to quickly get up to tier 5 as that is where the game really begins. So why bother having tiers 1-4? I believe that these should be training tiers but something to get one into a battle faster, and let one explorer the game without badgering about dragging down your team, could happen if bots were used to fill teams.

Having bots in the game should happen sooner than later. I got into this game because I was looking for something to play with my newly upgraded computer that did not involve twitch reflexes to play. With holidays coming up, bots maybe one way to bring in new players that might just stick around for a while.

_Omega_ #49 Posted Sep 27 2018 - 19:41

Private

• Players
  • 28632 battles
  • [WIH] WIH
Here is my question.  The new missions cannot be completed unless you play arty.  Previously you could skip a tank line entirely.  Why penalize those of us that choose not to play sky cancer this time around?  

For example, there are missions that require you to stun targets as the primary mission.

_Omega_ #50 Posted Sep 27 2018 - 20:39

Private

• Players
  • 28632 battles
  • [WIH] WIH

My question is why are non arty players prevented from completing these missions?  For example, there are missions requiring you to stun targets as primary mission.  Before you could skip a tank class.  Why the change?q

spud_tuber #51 Posted Sep 27 2018 - 20:43

Major

• Players
  • 53417 battles

View PostLpBronco, on Sep 20 2018 - 16:25, said:

An alt forum account so he doesn't get hammered in game for his opinions here. He usually is thoughtful and accurate. Oh, I  forgot you have to have a 2700 wn8 to have an opinion.

Really?  To avoid in game consequences? This isn't eve online where people can specifically seek you out.   No,  most likely he is a RO avoidance alt, who got banned for "telling the truth", aka repeatedly violating forum rules. 

ARCHERSFALCON #52 Posted Sep 27 2018 - 22:07

Private

• -Players-
  • 28473 battles
  • [N-W-T] N-W-T
The Paris map is a good example of why the game is not fun as it used to be. If you play Arty you are useless! Most all of the city maps are designated big boy fist fights. People complain about arty so much yet there is something called an FV215b or whatever that shot my E100 for 1500 damage with one shot. I can't  come close to that amount of damage with one shot on any tier 10 with any tier 10 arty and have a 45 sec reload to deal with. Accuracy stinks with arty also. Why is any tier 10 on Himmseldorf (especially arty) in the 1st place when tier 6 should be the largest tier in my opinion. Lite's can drive across map and kill me before I even reload. Want to get rid of campers and move game along get rid of buildings! Check a match out and watch the heavies closely,  they will go get behind a bldg and set there until some hapless soul in another heavy shows up. 

docroberts #53 Posted Sep 27 2018 - 23:40

Captain

• Players
  • 19209 battles
  • [TONKX] TONKX
I look at the notes of the test server and im sitting here thinking , IS THIS ALL ! this doesn't look like anything special . What Else is in the Patch . Full Details . 

migxy #54 Posted Sep 28 2018 - 08:25

Private

• -Players-
  • 30 battles
The Paris map is a good example of why the game is not fun as it used to be. If you play Arty you are useless! Most all of the city maps are designated big boy fist fights. People complain about arty so much yet there is something called an FV215b or whatever that shot my E100 for 1500 damage with one shot. I can't  come close to that amount of damage with one shot on any tier 10 with any tier 10 arty and have a 45 sec reload to deal with. Accuracy stinks with arty also. Why is any tier 10 on Himmseldorf (especially arty) in the 1st place when tier 6 should be the largest tier in my opinion. Lite's can drive across map and kill me before I even reload. Want to get rid of campers and move game along get rid of buildings! Check a match out and watch the heavies closely,  they will go get behind a bldg and set there until some hapless soul in another heavy shows up. 

tod914 #55 Posted Sep 29 2018 - 14:51

Major

• Players
  • 60183 battles

View Postdocroberts, on Sep 27 2018 - 17:40, said:

I look at the notes of the test server and im sitting here thinking , IS THIS ALL ! this doesn't look like anything special . What Else is in the Patch . Full Details . 

Hidden soft stat changes.  Rng increased to 40%. 

BabA_YA6A #56 Posted Oct 01 2018 - 03:28

Captain

• Players
  • 26287 battles
  • [O-VER] O-VER

View PostNudnick, on Sep 14 2018 - 04:44, said:

Why do they make so much of the maps unplayable ? Half of that map is blacked out.

Thats easy to explain. The maps look huge and everybody is all happy not realizing that we only be able to play like on 50% of the map.

So what is the kicker here?

We might as well keep playing Ensk and Mines postal stamp size maps without the unusable horse manure garbage window dressing!!!

pippo_2015 #57 Posted Oct 01 2018 - 15:33

Private

• -Players-
  • 4059 battles
  • [LAL] LAL

View PostFront_Towards_Enemy1, on Sep 14 2018 - 13:13, said:

How about leaving the Latin Americans on their LATAM server and quit bringing them to the US server and BOTs if you need to but quit merging North and South American servers. There are 2 distinctly different play styles and they don't compliment each other.

Need more servers instead of less

While you are at it do away with the 3 tier Matchmaking and fix it LOL

like that will ever happen.

people like you dont know nothing about latin america we are more white people here that you could ever even figure we dont like your livestile we love to have big mansions and mades and we dont have the probable dirty lifestile you probably have and it doesnt mater if you racist people dont suport us with arty ot help in the field we are much better than you .

jairogut #58 Posted Oct 02 2018 - 01:33

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 27512 battles
  • [GSH] GSH

View PostFront_Towards_Enemy1, on Sep 14 2018 - 13:13, said:

How about leaving the Latin Americans on their LATAM server and quit bringing them to the US server and BOTs if you need to but quit merging North and South American servers. There are 2 distinctly different play styles and they don't compliment each other.

Need more servers instead of less

While you are at it do away with the 3 tier Matchmaking and fix it LOL

like that will ever happen.

You sound like if  you were a top player ... lol

JLdragon #59 Posted Oct 02 2018 - 15:19

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17621 battles
  • [MISF] MISF
So I read on Avalon's website, there's going to be a new UI? Could we get more details on this since it is not discussed on the 1.2 coming test patch notes??

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users