If you like philosophy, moral dilemmas, and other thought-provoking and esoteric stuff...

philosophy irl irl stream twitch ominousfyxen

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

OminousFyxen #1 Posted Sep 14 2018 - 05:58

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12702 battles
  • [BABNS] BABNS

Hey There Fellow Tankers!

I usually stream tanks on Twitch but I'm starting something a little different- an IRL stream where we can discuss philosophical/moral dilemma/unconventional type topics. Some examples of potential topics:

- Would you choose the red pill or the blue pill (from the Matrix)- the choice between remaining in a relatively comfortable but false existence vs. emerging into a harsh permanent reality, etc.

- If you could be instantly transported from one place to another (such as in Star Trek) but it meant that you died and were essentially cloned each time... would you do it?

- Which came first- the chicken or the egg??? Of course we have to have this one...

-In a post-apocalyptic situation- what would you do to survive? When would murder be ok, would you rob or steal to survive, would you help others or help yourself? Are laws the only thing that keep most people from crossing the line into chaos?

-If you could live forever, would you?

-Do you believe that humans are capable of astral projection, levitation, and other such things?

Just some examples of the kinds of things we might discuss. The intent of these chat nights isn't to try to get into heated debates to try and change anyone's mind about politics, religion, or the existence of arty in WOT, but to have a place to discuss these relatively unconventional things and hear other people's perspectives and opinions, etc.

If it sounds like something you might enjoy, stop by my stream on Twitch this Saturday, 15 September at 7pm Central:  https://www.twitch.tv/ominousfyxen

Just a warning- anyone that comes in and tries to intentionally cause trouble (ie mock, or insult folks who are participating) will be kicked/banned. I want this to be a place where people can come and talk about stuff that they might not have the opportunity to discuss in their everyday life.

Hope to see you there :)

OminousFyxen

holdmecloserTonyDanza #2 Posted Sep 14 2018 - 06:42

Major

• Players
  • 62606 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

red pill

no

egg

once the laws broke down...anything is fair game for survival...especially to protect family

without degradation of the body and mind...yes

Themothius #3 Posted Sep 14 2018 - 06:53

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4977 battles
  • [BRIG] BRIG

Wait inorder for the cloning to work your consciousness would have to be transferred into the clone, so how do you die? You simply move from one body to the next kinda like a new slive I think they call it on the altered carbon show.

Edit: forgot to mention sounds like fun hopefully I can check it out.

Edited by Themothius, Sep 14 2018 - 06:54.

OminousFyxen #4 Posted Sep 14 2018 - 22:32

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12702 battles
  • [BABNS] BABNS

View PostThemothius, on Sep 13 2018 - 23:53, said:

Wait inorder for the cloning to work your consciousness would have to be transferred into the clone, so how do you die? You simply move from one body to the next kinda like a new slive I think they call it on the altered carbon show.

Edit: forgot to mention sounds like fun hopefully I can check it out.

That is the fun of this question... the premise or idea is that in order to transport yourself instantaneously- you are actually disassembled at the point of origin (or vaporized) and then essentially "created" as an identical physical composition of elements at the other end. Then the questions abound... technically- did you die? Is the "who" you are part of your physiological make-up or is it a soul or? Would you really be identical if you ceased to exist at one point and then appeared in duplicate at the other? Is this essentially cloning except for the fact that the original is destroyed in this scenario? Lots of things to discuss and get into. This is one of many types of questions from a book I personally enjoyed- The Pig That Wanted to be Eaten by Julian Baggini.

RF_Van #5 Posted Sep 14 2018 - 22:37

Captain

• Players
  • 10580 battles
Sounds like an excellent forum for open discussion. And uh, red pill btw. I do wish I could be blue and just ignore it all, I try, but I am witness to too much societal hypocrisy these days.

Klaatu_Nicto #6 Posted Sep 15 2018 - 00:35

Major

• Players
  • 44015 battles

There are people you meet who change the course of your life. This is my Morpheus.

I took the red pill in the early 1990s. It was first offered to me in early 1991 by a mailbox rental customer, John, a legal researcher, at my mail services business. One day after hearing what John had to say about the Gulf War I told him perhaps he should take his business elsewhere. He stayed and didn't say anything like what he had before but he did make comments about other things which after I while I decided to look into. This is also about the time I joined the Prodigy internet service so I had a lot of information at my fingertips plus a lot of people on the forums. Back then the only social media was AOL or Prodigy. After investigating some of the things John had talked about I discovered he was correct so we talked a lot more after that but it was the atrocity at Ruby Ridge which ultimately made me take the red pill.

"God, Guns and Gritz"

In early 1992 John was my state's press secretary for Bo Gritz who was running for president. Gritz was at the scene at Ruby Ridge negotiating with Randy Weaver on behalf of the FBI. [The citizens arrest warrant for FBI Director William Sessions Gritz issued to the FBI at Ruby Ridge was sent overnight to my business, copies made, then overnight mailed from my business to Gritz]. He was giving John daily updates which John passed on to me. What John is telling me is completely at odds with what the government is saying and what the media are reporting but now I have some trust in my customer so I posted it on Prodigy. Not only was everything I was told and posted about what happen on Ruby Ridge eventually proven 100% correct, something John had been warning me about for several months had just occurred at Ruby Ridge plus I saw a lot of fake news. 

For almost a year I had been swishing the red pill around in my mouth then - Marshals dressed in camo fire the first shot without announcing themselves; Marshals shoot 14 year-old Sammy in the back as he's running away; Randy shot in the back; Kevin shot while running into the cabin;  Vickie shot in the head while holding her baby - that's when I swallowed. 

Spoiler

OminousFyxen #7 Posted Sep 15 2018 - 17:21

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12702 battles
  • [BABNS] BABNS

View PostRF_Van, on Sep 14 2018 - 15:37, said:

Sounds like an excellent forum for open discussion. And uh, red pill btw. I do wish I could be blue and just ignore it all, I try, but I am witness to too much societal hypocrisy these days.

I hear you, and I hope it will be a great place for such discussions! I have always enjoyed running into folks that like to look beyond the curtain, so-to-speak, and I found that there are many others who think about similar things but often have no one to bounce things off of.

OminousFyxen #8 Posted Sep 15 2018 - 17:40

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12702 battles
  • [BABNS] BABNS

View PostKlaatu_Nicto, on Sep 14 2018 - 17:35, said:

There are people you meet who change the course of your life. This is my Morpheus.

I took the red pill in the early 1990s. It was first offered to me in early 1991 by a mailbox rental customer, John, a legal researcher, at my mail services business. One day after hearing what John had to say about the Gulf War I told him perhaps he should take his business elsewhere. He stayed and didn't say anything like what he had before but he did make comments about other things which after I while I decided to look into. This is also about the time I joined the Prodigy internet service so I had a lot of information at my fingertips plus a lot of people on the forums. Back then the only social media was AOL or Prodigy. After investigating some of the things John had talked about I discovered he was correct so we talked a lot more after that but it was the atrocity at Ruby Ridge which ultimately made me take the red pill.

"God, Guns and Gritz"

In early 1992 John was my state's press secretary for Bo Gritz who was running for president. Gritz was at the scene at Ruby Ridge negotiating with Randy Weaver on behalf of the FBI. [The citizens arrest warrant for FBI Director William Sessions Gritz issued to the FBI at Ruby Ridge was sent overnight to my business, copies made, then overnight mailed from my business to Gritz]. He was giving John daily updates which John passed on to me. What John is telling me is completely at odds with what the government is saying and what the media are reporting but now I have some trust in my customer so I posted it on Prodigy. Not only was everything I was told and posted about what happen on Ruby Ridge eventually proven 100% correct, something John had been warning me about for several months had just occurred at Ruby Ridge plus I saw a lot of fake news. 

For almost a year I had been swishing the red pill around in my mouth then - Marshals dressed in camo fire the first shot without announcing themselves; Marshals shoot 14 year-old Sammy in the back as he's running away; Randy shot in the back; Kevin shot while running into the cabin;  Vickie shot in the head while holding her baby - that's when I swallowed. 

Spoiler

It is interesting how many times we as a society can look the other way or be even unintentionally dismissive when we hear about atrocities from a distance or through the news... but when it strikes close to home or becomes personal, it really opens our eyes to the harsh realities of our world. Once you have experienced that, it is really difficult to go back to the blue.

xtcmax #9 Posted Sep 16 2018 - 07:58

Captain

• Players
  • 314 battles
  • [FRI] FRI

In a post-apocalyptic situation- what would you do to survive?

stay away from people and look for

1.water

2.shelter

3. food

All this has to be done fast. Water number 1, u can live without food for a while, but u need shelter. if after nuclear, u will need to make a tool to hunt as well. make fire too :).

Edited by xtcmax, Sep 16 2018 - 08:03.

OminousFyxen #10 Posted Sep 16 2018 - 19:28

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12702 battles
  • [BABNS] BABNS

View Postxtcmax, on Sep 16 2018 - 00:58, said:

In a post-apocalyptic situation- what would you do to survive?

stay away from people and look for

1.water

2.shelter

3. food

All this has to be done fast. Water number 1, u can live without food for a while, but u need shelter. if after nuclear, u will need to make a tool to hunt as well. make fire too :).

Indubitably. These are some of the things we discussed last night; I am really looking forward to next week's conversation. :)

Gothraul #11 Posted Sep 17 2018 - 00:37

Major

• -Players-
  • 2044 battles
Being red pilled by nature I have to say that despite all the improvements made over the years people have gotten worse character wise that people getting to where instead of being human they are like machines imitating human behavior especially the young to middle aged generations where there is little to no unique personality left. To get a sense of what I am saying just spend sometime with the old generations for a weekend and notice the contrast where there is warmth of character then take a long look at the social media generations who are glued to their smart phones and notice how empty a lot of these people are. The plight of an old soul in the modern world... 

Also tagged with philosophy, irl, irl stream, twitch, ominousfyxen

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users