• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Gnomon #1 Posted Sep 14 2018 - 14:24

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 782 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Hey, everyone! 

Hope that you’re having a great Friday, so far! 

I wanted to let you know that, today, we’re launching the Supertest for a vehicle many veteran tankers still hold dear to their hearts: The T-50-2. Simultaneously, we’ll be testing a new Tier VIII Premium light tank: The Object 432.

Let’s begin with the latter. So, what’s the Object 432 like?

The New One: The Object 432
The new Premium tank is much like the top vehicle of the Soviet light tank branch: low silhouette, great camo, and a hard-hitting weapon (for a light tank). Gameplay-wise, the Object 432 is different from its progression Tier VIII counterpart, the LTTB, by being able to combine spotting with damage dealing (while the LTTB is more about active spotting, having better acceleration and view range). At the first stage of testing, the newcomer will carry an 85-mm gun with better stats than those of the LTTB. We’re doing this to make the tanks play differently. Then, we’ll see how the 432 goes with a 100-mm cannon. After the test, we’ll decide on the weapon and final stats. Of course, we’ll inform you of the choice we made.

The Т-50-2. No Jokes!

It’s a coveted vehicle, loved by many a tanker. Lots of folks keep a place for it in their hearts and Garages, so be sure to read on for the first info on the return of the old-school Soviet spotter. There’s a good chance it will make a triumphant comeback, provided…well, we’ll tell more about the terms sometime later. For now, let’s brief those not yet familiar with the T-50-2.

We had lots of reasons to remove it from the game 5 years ago: this tank was ahead of its time and did not fit in the gameplay of that era. Also, it was unique and because of that, it was becoming overly popular. The decision to part with it was a hard (and sad) one. But those days have long passed, and today the T-50-2 is making its first comeback. We mean it: we’re really starting the Supertest for the refurbished T-50-2.

What’s It Like?
The new T-50-2 is a highly mobile Tier VI light tank made for active spotting. It also has decent combat efficiency: you can light enemies up, but you can also beat them up, surviving by being agile and compact.

The Supertest stats for the T-50-2 suit the battle tier range for Tier VI light tanks. Let’s see how it rolls! In any case, it’s THAT T-50-2: tiny, fast, and elusive.

“Lock on the railway crossing! Will light it right after the countdown!” If you played 5 years ago, you’ll get goosebumps seeing this in the chat window—when you realize this teammate is commanding a T-50-2. It doesn’t matter that those spotted won’t be dangerous Tier X’s. The T-50-2 will do it in style regardless!

Thanks for taking the time to read this over! Feel free to let us know what you think! 

Hope you have a great weekend! 

Benjeeh_CA #2 Posted Sep 14 2018 - 14:29

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30038 battles
  • [DBLTP] DBLTP

So wg is disguising the T64 mbt as a tier 8 LT. 

Still waiting for a British light line

Altwar #3 Posted Sep 14 2018 - 14:32

Major

• Players
  • 54665 battles
  • [A-F] A-F

T-50-2 coming back????  I don't see it being mentioned as a premium vehicle here but all the same, I'll say shut up and take my money for a garage slot!!   This tank has been sorely missed by me as one of the genuine pure fun tanks of all time!  This is fantastic news!  :great:

For those of you not fond of SPGs, this tank was the best counter to SPGs in the game back in the day, IMO.   It was that proverbial fox in the hen house.

Noivy #4 Posted Sep 14 2018 - 14:36

Captain

• Players
  • 31903 battles
AT LOOOOONG LAST THE T-50-2 IS MAKING ITS EVENTUAL WELL EARNED RETURN TO THE GAME.

AndrewSledge #5 Posted Sep 14 2018 - 15:00

Captain

• -Players-
  • 30790 battles
WHAT!? What?

heavymetal1967 #6 Posted Sep 14 2018 - 15:03

Major

• Players
  • 64692 battles

OK if it (and the A Panther) are returning then maybe there's still hope for the old stalwart mini-derp M5 Stuart. 

Per the earlier poster I see no mention of prem status, but I'll be surprised if not.  And IF irc it's a prem on console.

If it returns as a regular tech tree tank I'm wondering where it'll fit in the current tree.

Be interesting what they do for former owners especially if it's a regular tank, if anything, since they already compensated us with the MT-25 swap.  Guessing nothing if it's a prem and if it's a regular tree tank (doubtful personally) I'm guessing the best dead is it would likely be researched.  We'd still have to buy and crew it.

YANKEE137 #7 Posted Sep 14 2018 - 15:10

Major

• -Players-
  • 10077 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
Object looks like a T-54 with Zika virus.

ViseGrip #8 Posted Sep 14 2018 - 15:15

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 41997 battles
  • [ROCKY] ROCKY

View PostGnomon, on Sep 14 2018 - 13:24, said:

Hey, everyone! 

Hope that you’re having a great Friday, so far!

I wanted to let you know that, today, we’re launching the Supertest for a vehicle many veteran tankers still hold dear to their hearts: The T-50-2. Simultaneously, we’ll be testing a new Tier VIII Premium light tank: The Object 432.

Let’s begin with the latter. So, what’s the Object 432 like?

The New One: The Object 432
The new Premium tank is much like the top vehicle of the Soviet light tank branch: low silhouette, great camo, and a hard-hitting weapon (for a light tank). Gameplay-wise, the Object 432 is different from its progression Tier VIII counterpart, the LTTB, by being able to combine spotting with damage dealing (while the LTTB is more about active spotting, having better acceleration and view range). At the first stage of testing, the newcomer will carry an 85-mm gun with better stats than those of the LTTB. We’re doing this to make the tanks play differently. Then, we’ll see how the 432 goes with a 100-mm cannon. After the test, we’ll decide on the weapon and final stats. Of course, we’ll inform you of the choice we made.

The Т-50-2. No Jokes!

It’s a coveted vehicle, loved by many a tanker. Lots of folks keep a place for it in their hearts and Garages, so be sure to read on for the first info on the return of the old-school Soviet spotter. There’s a good chance it will make a triumphant comeback, provided…well, we’ll tell more about the terms sometime later. For now, let’s brief those not yet familiar with the T-50-2.

We had lots of reasons to remove it from the game 5 years ago: this tank was ahead of its time and did not fit in the gameplay of that era. Also, it was unique and because of that, it was becoming overly popular. The decision to part with it was a hard (and sad) one. But those days have long passed, and today the T-50-2 is making its first comeback. We mean it: we’re really starting the Supertest for the refurbished T-50-2.

What’s It Like?
The new T-50-2 is a highly mobile Tier VI light tank made for active spotting. It also has decent combat efficiency: you can light enemies up, but you can also beat them up, surviving by being agile and compact.

The Supertest stats for the T-50-2 suit the battle tier range for Tier VI light tanks. Let’s see how it rolls! In any case, it’s THAT T-50-2: tiny, fast, and elusive.

“Lock on the railway crossing! Will light it right after the countdown!” If you played 5 years ago, you’ll get goosebumps seeing this in the chat window—when you realize this teammate is commanding a T-50-2. It doesn’t matter that those spotted won’t be dangerous Tier X’s. The T-50-2 will do it in style regardless!

Thanks for taking the time to read this over! Feel free to let us know what you think!

Hope you have a great weekend!

Well that kinda pisses me off.... I already had the T-50-2 in my garage and you took it from some of us. What I want to know is.... Will we be getting this tank back or are we going to have to grind it again??

Lesser_Spotted_Panzer #9 Posted Sep 14 2018 - 16:19

Major

• Players
  • 75094 battles
About time we had more prem lights.

Lesser_Spotted_Panzer #10 Posted Sep 14 2018 - 16:20

Major

• Players
  • 75094 battles

View PostViseGrip, on Sep 14 2018 - 09:15, said:

Well that kinda pisses me off.... I already had the T-50-2 in my garage and you took it from some of us. What I want to know is.... Will we be getting this tank back or are we going to have to grind it again??

It's a premium. No grindy, just spendy.

heavymetal1967 #11 Posted Sep 14 2018 - 16:30

Major

• Players
  • 64692 battles

View PostViseGrip, on Sep 14 2018 - 09:15, said:

Not to split hairs, but they replaced it with the MT-25.  But we definitely took a shanking on the crew since they borked most folks skills with that free gold radioman (i.e. broke BIA, camo, etc. averages down, etc.).

I'm guessing if it's a regular tech tree tank we'll have it researched and will have to buy and crew it.  And tbh other folks may get it researched as well depending on what it branches off and and into on the tree.

But and a big one.  That's IF it's a regular tree tank.  Guessing it'll be a premium as the console version is and they've mentioned bringing the A. Panther back as well.  It super tested awhile back.  But as a prem T8

Mikosah #12 Posted Sep 14 2018 - 19:13

Major

• Players
  • 17582 battles

The new T-50-2 has some massive shoes to fill from the old version. The thought that truly saddens me is that the new version may just end up another unremarkable mediocrity. Don't be afraid to bump it up to a higher tier in exchange for its old mobility. And keep in mind that the reason 'active scouting' is so rare these days is because the current physics impair high speed maneuvers so badly. The proposal to make wheeled vehicle resistant to tipping and fall damage should be applied to the entire light tank class. Otherwise, this will be these tanks' theme song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCRae5mRoRE And keep in mind that the current light tanks aren't particularly good at either passive scouting or fire-support. These are just the only roles for them to even attempt. A class-wide view range buff wouldn't threaten the corridor meta any time soon. 

As of the obj 432, I'll simply say that the 2.2k base DPM is what I would have loved to see as standard for many other tier 8 light tanks.

IndygoEEI #13 Posted Sep 14 2018 - 19:22

Major

• Players
  • 55338 battles
  • [NA-CL] NA-CL

I think the Obj432 should replace the T54 LT at t9 and the T54 LT should be the T8 premium

or taken to an alternate line.  It's a more appropriate scenario then just making a prem out

the Obj 432.

As for the T-50-2....

NO!

I HATE THAT THING!  it got me killed so many times with it's ** shenanigans.  (But that's not

going to stop everyone from asking for it...  :angry:).

Avalon304 #14 Posted Sep 15 2018 - 00:36

Major

• Players
  • 19147 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
I mean... thats a T-64 pretty much... maybe thats not such a good idea... even if it does only have at most a 100mm gun and a funky turret...

cavalry11 #15 Posted Sep 20 2018 - 15:52

Corporal

• Players
  • 44802 battles
  • [11BAT] 11BAT
Wargaming is still farming for tanks to sell instead of fixing problems with game.

4TankersAndDog #16 Posted Sep 20 2018 - 16:24

Captain

• -Players-
  • 26333 battles
  • [122MM] 122MM

The SuperTest camo value stats for the Obj.432 and T-50-2 are insanely high...is this a mistake, or a power creep/paradigm shift to a more unique and useful role for LTs?

bossesarehard #17 Posted Sep 20 2018 - 18:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 20705 battles
Can we also add the tier 6 elc amx the old one while your at it so we can have both come back please.

4TankersAndDog #18 Posted Sep 20 2018 - 20:58

Captain

• -Players-
  • 26333 battles
  • [122MM] 122MM
Yeah, and the VK 28.01/105mm Black Edition too please :-P

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users