• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

moogleslam #61 Posted Sep 28 2018 - 13:53

Major

• Players
  • 45584 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS

View PostGnomon, on Sep 27 2018 - 15:11, said:

Now that you've had more time to take part in the event, how are you liking it? Anything in particular that you dislike? Any previous feedback that might have changed? 

I had like $10 of Openbucks left from a Subway gift card, so was determined to get to 90% so I could use that to buy it.  Stayed up way later than I planned last night to achieve that.  Finally did, hit Purchase at 90% Discount only to find Openbucks was not accepted! Why?  I use Openbucks to buy pretty much everything I've ever bought from the Premium store!

Overall though, it's great that you offer events like this to the community.

EDIT:  Here's my pain :)

Edited by moogleslam, Sep 28 2018 - 13:55.

stc2828 #62 Posted Sep 28 2018 - 16:34

Corporal

• Players
  • 28483 battles

"Of all Tier VIII heavy tanks, the Caernarvon Action X ranks highest for DPMdispersion at 100 m, and turret traverse speed. Its strong turret armor and great gun depression also notable attributes."

How does actionX remotely have highest dpm? Caernavon trump it by 250 (base dps) and with 50 more alpha! Oh craptime to nerf Caernavon, but its ok, I just passed it :p

Almighty_Johnson #63 Posted Sep 28 2018 - 17:00

Major

• -Players-
  • 26084 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostGnomon, on Sep 27 2018 - 14:11, said:

Hey, folks! 

I really appreciate the feedback and comments you've shared so far, and included them on my first report.

I am now working on a final report since the British Challenge is about to end (tomorrow). Now that you've had more time to take part in the event, how are you liking it? Anything in particular that you dislike? Any previous feedback that might have changed? 

Feel free to reply below with your comments, suggestions, and feedback. 

Thanks! :girl:

I very much enjoy these events, the tiered rewards are really nice.  That said, I felt this one was a bit of a steep grind. (like the last one)  The average player would need to dedicate an obscene amount of time to completing all 10 levels.  A decent player still has to make a serious commitment.  Even outstanding players like QB, Taugrim, and LemmingRush would have to put in quite a bit of time.

I'm not complaining about "not getting meh free stuff", I'm a premium [edited]and would have bought this tank without a discount, but it feels like the events are designed to be near impossible to complete.  

This one was noticeably more attainable than the last one, so thanks for that, but I'd still like to see the bar come down just a bit more.  

Thanks for listening, and for these events.  I really do appreciate them, and lately it does feel like you guys are listening to the players more.

Cheers, Gnomon 

moogleslam #64 Posted Sep 28 2018 - 17:33

Major

• Players
  • 45584 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS

View Poststc2828, on Sep 28 2018 - 11:34, said:

"Of all Tier VIII heavy tanks, the Caernarvon Action X ranks highest for DPMdispersion at 100 m, and turret traverse speed. Its strong turret armor and great gun depression also notable attributes."

How does actionX remotely have highest dpm? Caernavon trump it by 250 (base dps) and with 50 more alpha! Oh craptime to nerf Caernavon, but its ok, I just passed it :p

Haha, yeah.  DPM is only second best (Caernarvon).  Dispersion is also only second best (Tiger II).  Turret Traverse is indeed the best, that's the only one that is true, though it is tied with the FCM 50 t

To continue, can't argue with the last two statements:

Gun depression is second only to the Emil I.

Turret armor, hmm, I'd maybe say 5th?  T32, T34, IS-3, IS3A are statistically better.  In practice, maybe the 252U, Defender, and IS-M as well?

PALEJEDI #65 Posted Sep 28 2018 - 20:43

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 35327 battles
  • [MECHS] MECHS

I did the grind and finished up stage 10 last nite..i know that some bought it with or without the discount. I think there

should be something on the tank emblem, decal that shows that u completed the grind to get this tank and not just

slapped down cash for it..just  a thought...

WIZD #66 Posted Sep 29 2018 - 06:06

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 12005 battles
  • [ASP] ASP

View PostPALEJEDI, on Sep 28 2018 - 20:43, said:

I did the grind and finished up stage 10 last nite..i know that some bought it with or without the discount. I think there

should be something on the tank emblem, decal that shows that u completed the grind to get this tank and not just

slapped down cash for it..just  a thought...

put a big % on the side. You bought it right out there's a 0% you earned it 100%

PALEJEDI #67 Posted Sep 29 2018 - 09:14

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 35327 battles
  • [MECHS] MECHS

View PostWIZD, on Sep 29 2018 - 06:06, said:

put a big % on the side. You bought it right out there's a 0% you earned it 100%

https://imgur.com/a/zZDMki9

Anublister #68 Posted Sep 29 2018 - 15:29

Captain

• Players
  • 68701 battles
  • [--T--] --T--

I am one of (apparently) the few who completed all 10 stages. (Note to some posters, this isn't a general rant thread, please stay on topic, it also isn't a campaign missions thread).

The grind was excruciating, but what I expected. It's hard for me to feel pity for those gamers who are unable to do simple math. (Hint: this skill is necessary to succeed in life unless your born rich.) The first four missions combined totaled 45K exp., which is the same as mission 9. Of course the easiest way to determine how much playing you have to do would be to take the total exp and divide it by the number of days in the challenge, which I posted earlier. Then you play as long as you can in a typical day and see if you can achieve that.  Realistic players would then calculate approximately how much they could achieve and see if that end point justified the effort and final expense. My original plan was to get to 8 or 9 since that was what I had already achieved with the Progetto, especially since WG lowered the total exp since that event. I did it using the exp grind, finding tier 10 battles to be more tedious (and I own almost all tier 10 tanks in the game).

As an incentive for newer players this was a great opportunity as I could score as well in my tier 6 tanks as I did in my higher tier tanks. I ended up focusing on tier 9 because of the 3/5/7 matchmaking fiasco to ensure I didn't have to play 2 tiers down most of my matches. Yet if I only had lower tier tanks I would have endured it to secure this Brit hvy premium. To succeed well in free-to-play WoT you have to have a credit earner. The only decent credit earners are the top tier premium tanks (aka tier 8). Premium tanks also are the main crew trainers for multi-skilled crews which is vital if you want to compete at all with the best players in the game.

WG has over the past years offered challenges to get free premium tier 8 tanks. This quite honestly kept me in the game. First with the T34 and then with the T34B, IS6B, Progetto, T25 Pilot, Schwartzpanzer, T44-100, and WZ-111, not to mention Tank Rewards,(shout out!) which gave out boosters, consumables and chances to win good premium tanks and earn free gold ( and guaranteed lower tier prems). The game makes money selling to impatient players who want the best things now, but still offers a chance to others who might be financially challenged or just frugally minded. I would have liked to see the Patriot or Defender or even the Type 59 offered at one point, but I suppose WG needs to keep some things monetized to at a minimum keep the spending public from raging that they were in some way "cheated".

One caveat, these last two free tank challenge reward tanks are a bit skill dependent to achieve good results. Making them a first premium tank to a lower skilled player might not be the best choice, but I wouldn't have participated had they not been new tanks. Maybe you can offer a choice of reward tanks at the end?

WG has matured and seems to be struggling with a varied player base that has access to all tiers and of wildly varying skill. I had incorrectly assumed that at higher tier players would naturally become more skilled. This hasn't turned out to be the case, but that is for another thread.

Congratulations to WG and all tankers who participated in this event. I think it was a good thing to do and the method of staggered rewards combined with a purchase discount was a wise decision and hope WG keeps doing it to stimulate play among both long time players and new.:) 

Edited by Anublister, Sep 29 2018 - 15:33.

fireball2828 #69 Posted Oct 02 2018 - 23:37

Corporal

• Players
  • 14946 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA
I think that if we allowed for the mastery missions to be completed in tiers 6-10 instead of just 10, it would have made for a better grind, as some of the missions were difficult anyways, like block x amount damage, or deal x amount of damage. and if you do that in a lower tier tank, you should still be rewarded.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users