Crosshair jumps off tanks for no good reason. Crosshair Phobic Tanks

bug cheat glitch mod abuse

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

King_Dillo #1 Posted Sep 15 2018 - 20:03

Private

• -Players-
  • 7798 battles

On a flat open field, there are two enemy tanks visible and in range.  I put my crosshair on the first one aim center mass, shoot, and the projectile flys with RNG dynamics.  All normal experience.

I put my crosshair on the second, and the crosshair jumps STRAIGHT DOWN to a spot below the tank.   I pull aim back up to put it center mass, but the crosshair jumps STRAIGHT UP above the tank.  I'm not moving.  I have no obstructions between myself and my target.  I pull the crosshair back to center mass, and it slips off again STRAIGHT DOWN below the tank.

Now a teammate ram kills this enemy tank.  The dead hulk remains in my vision.   I try to put my crosshair center mass on the dead tank.  The crosshair jumps off, STRAIGHT DOWN below the tank.  Now, I sweep my aim from wide right of center mass on the tank, slowly and steadily moving left until it intersects the dead tank.  As it intersects, the crosshair dives STRAIGHT DOWN under the tank.  As the sweep continues left beyond the tank, the crosshair pops up back to level with center mass.

What the heck is going on?  Is it a hack, a glitch, a cheat, a mod abuse of some sort?  I call it a crosshair phobic tank.  Playing it feels like trying to put two negative ends of a magnet together. 

Does anyone else encounter this in game?   Affirmation that I'm not alone in this experience would be some measure of relief.

Presently, I have removed all customizations, uninstalled and reinstalling in attempt to resolve.

Next time if/when this happens, I'll save the replay and post to this thread.

Dillo

tod914 #2 Posted Sep 15 2018 - 20:40

Major

• Players
  • 59365 battles
Mouse issue?  Batteries maybe.    You can also try unchecking "use server side reticle" in the game options.  Also you can adjust your mouse settings in menu options.  Try lowering them to maybe a 1/3 of the way on all.

Nudnick #3 Posted Sep 15 2018 - 20:42

Major

• -Players-
  • 24855 battles
If your central marker is right on the edge of a horizontal feature like a ridgeline or wall it will jump back and forth between short and long range and won't let you line up your crosshair. Try moving your tank back or forward when that happens. It's a physics bug that they know about and can't seem to fix.

GeorgePreddy #4 Posted Sep 15 2018 - 20:52

Major

• Players
  • 14345 battles
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG

No replay = virtually no way to know what's happening with any surety.

With replay = may be able to figure it out.

rich73 #5 Posted Sep 15 2018 - 21:54

Major

• Players
  • 52764 battles
Bug introduced in frontlines and has come here.WG cant get rid of bugs.Its beyond them.Cant think of any bug that we have had that they got rid of except moving dead tanks.Luckily,I have no need to spend money on this beta game.Who would pay for a game where  they also allow cheaters by keeping the mod door open so they can get free labor?

King_Dillo #6 Posted Sep 15 2018 - 23:12

Private

• -Players-
  • 7798 battles

View Posttod914, on Sep 15 2018 - 20:40, said:

Mouse issue?  Batteries maybe.    You can also try unchecking "use server side reticle" in the game options.  Also you can adjust your mouse settings in menu options.  Try lowering them to maybe a 1/3 of the way on all.

Not mouse or equipment issue.  This is something that happens once or twice in a few hours playing, against specific enemy tanks, when all the other engagements are normal.

King_Dillo #7 Posted Sep 15 2018 - 23:14

Private

• -Players-
  • 7798 battles

View PostNudnick, on Sep 15 2018 - 20:42, said:

If your central marker is right on the edge of a horizontal feature like a ridgeline or wall it will jump back and forth between short and long range and won't let you line up your crosshair. Try moving your tank back or forward when that happens. It's a physics bug that they know about and can't seem to fix.

This is in an open field with no obstructions between myself and the enemy tank.

If I see it again, I'll carefully review the replay and see if there's a ridgeline or wall in the background beyond the tank.    TY for the response.

Edited by King_Dillo, Sep 15 2018 - 23:15.

King_Dillo #8 Posted Sep 15 2018 - 23:17

Private

• -Players-
  • 7798 battles

View Postrich73, on Sep 15 2018 - 21:54, said:

Bug introduced in frontlines and has come here.WG cant get rid of bugs.Its beyond them.Cant think of any bug that we have had that they got rid of except moving dead tanks.Luckily,I have no need to spend money on this beta game.Who would pay for a game where  they also allow cheaters by keeping the mod door open so they can get free labor?

Says the guy with 50K games played?

King_Dillo #9 Posted Sep 15 2018 - 23:19

Private

• -Players-
  • 7798 battles

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Sep 15 2018 - 20:52, said:

No replay = virtually no way to know what's happening with any surety.

With replay = may be able to figure it out.

Definitely.    After the OP I turned on my save replays.  Before, I left it off hoping it would improve performance.  Now I realize it's the only way to really examine what happened in a battle.    TY

Griffon327327 #10 Posted Sep 18 2018 - 15:31

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 80103 battles
  • [NVRDI] NVRDI

common bug in game it will never be fixed as most likely it was introduced by a disgruntled employee on his last day and possibly the last person who was employeed by wargaming that understands the game

common knowledge that all fixes to wot come from the players in forums not the tech people all they do is troll the forum looking for ideas and mods to steal and make part of the game .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users