milk carton missing clans

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

DKHitz #1 Posted Sep 15 2018 - 22:37

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9681 battles
  • [26TH] 26TH

wot should start to employ the usage of the sides of milk cartons in the hopes of getting back some of the lost clans and all their members.  now i will use my own experience as an example and im sure this or similar is known to many others as well.

years ago when i first installed and starting playing wot, i really didnt know much at all concerning the game and its ins and outs.  but like just about every online game they have a "group of people" option.  wot its called clans, lotro its called kinship, etc, etc, etc.  i asked around and someone from the clan unc "united naval command" invited me into theirs.  some good people there but quickly i noticed the leader was never around, ever.  got told by the second in charge that he was hit and miss but a good guy.  after a few weeks i decided and leave and start my own.

i did keep some tabs on my former clan and noticed a few months after i left, others did as well and to further this point the second in charge also left and took quite afew unc clanners with him to start their own clan.  i contacted him later on and he said that he grew tired of the commander never being on but not passing down the top slot so he and others left.

this new clan fluxed with members from 20 to nearly 50 but then just like with unc, hmu clan aka hull miners union it too started to stagnant and it too started to lose members.

now i was going to post pics but not going to.  unc commander hasnt played since dec 2015 and the entire 30 in unc have a combined playing activeness of 0, yes that is right not one person of the 30 has played in over a year.  better be ready to post unc on the side of a milk carton.

hmu has like 39 players and only like 2 ever play, the commander hasnt played since 2016.  so they too are milk carton option.

i know of other clans that are quite close to this and to where some others might have like 5 out of 40 that actually play.

now going back to both unc and hmu.  there is 69 players there and if you look you will notice plenty of 5k battles, 10k battles, 15k battles, along with the typical 2k, 1k and below 1k.

now some will claim that this isnt the norm and this is but maybe less then 25% of the total clans.  well if thats the case and only 25% are dead clans and say that only another 25% are only marginal in active players then your looking at thousands if not tens of thousands of players that dont bother to play wot anymore.  and yes i posted about this months ago on the topic title of using part of a name in search query and then seeing all the inactive names.  but which i find interesting that a bit later wargaming scrubbed their total player roster so they got removed.

i have mentioned many times that wargaming is fixated on top tiers and have abandoned the lower tiers.  but how many players have lower tier tanks as compared to higher tier tanks?  skirmish once placed both tier 4 and 5 into tier 6 skirmish battles.  yes i know personally because this clan had in several of our first skirmishes tier 4 and 5 in them against clans that only fielded tier 6.  guess how that went.  now since they have gone to only one tier per skirmish, why not institute clan skirmish for tier 4 and / or tier 5 as well.

the loss of clans should alarm wargaming since clans are a collection of people so each clan constitutes alot of potential money.

or the next time i am at the grocery store buying milk ill just see the unc clan icon on the side with the title of "have you seen me lately"

Edited by DKHitz, Sep 15 2018 - 22:39.

GeorgePreddy #2 Posted Sep 15 2018 - 22:43

Major

• Players
  • 14345 battles
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG

The answer is:  Join an active clan if you enjoy being in an active clan... if your clan becomes too inactive for your taste, change clans. It's free.

You're welcome.

Silversound #3 Posted Sep 15 2018 - 22:48

Major

• Players
  • 38639 battles
  • [-P-] -P-

Preddy is pretty much spot on.

Don't hold onto a clan too long just because.

Migrate to something more active and contribute there.

Slone #4 Posted Sep 15 2018 - 23:02

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18669 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S
To build and maintain a strong, active clan it takes a LOT of work by a dedicated TEAM of leaders. And people come and go as real life gets busy or throws them a curve, so a clan needs to constantly be grooming new folks to take over leadership roles. If too much responsibility is put on too few people, burn out is inevitable, and that spells doom for a clan. It takes leaders with enough self confidence and maturity that they can give up control of certain aspects of running a clan. Otherwise there is no one to step in when burn out or RL takes someone out of the game. Building and maintaining a clan is hard, that's why there are so many fail clans or clans that die.

noboater #5 Posted Sep 16 2018 - 00:49

Corporal

• Players
  • 30982 battles
  • [TONKX] TONKX

View PostSlone, on Sep 15 2018 - 22:02, said:

To build and maintain a strong, active clan it takes a LOT of work by a dedicated TEAM of leaders. And people come and go as real life gets busy or throws them a curve, so a clan needs to constantly be grooming new folks to take over leadership roles. If too much responsibility is put on too few people, burn out is inevitable, and that spells doom for a clan. It takes leaders with enough self confidence and maturity that they can give up control of certain aspects of running a clan. Otherwise there is no one to step in when burn out or RL takes someone out of the game. Building and maintaining a clan is hard, that's why there are so many fail clans or clans that die.

Excellent advice for a healthy clan to follow.  +1 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users