Advice Pershing Medium Tank Support Tank Pen

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Tuturuuu #1 Posted Sep 16 2018 - 00:17

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9055 battles
  • [TDPOI] TDPOI
I have very recently acquired the T26 Pershing, following a painless and enjoyable grind in the preceding T20: With about 30 battles out of the way, I'm really struggling. Any general advice for how to play this thing? Beyond "remember how to play the T20?", if there is indeed more to playing using this vehicle effectively. Recommendations for equipment (besides gun rammer) would also be nice.

24_inch_pythons #2 Posted Sep 16 2018 - 00:23

Major

• Players
  • 23498 battles
  • [-P-] -P-

View PostTuturuuu, on Sep 15 2018 - 17:17, said:

I have very recently acquired the T26 Pershing, following a painless and enjoyable grind in the preceding T20: With about 30 battles out of the way, I'm really struggling. Any general advice for how to play this thing? Beyond "remember how to play the T20?", if there is indeed more to playing using this vehicle effectively. Recommendations for equipment (besides gun rammer) would also be nice.

Ruffles have ridges...

And so does WoT.

Turret armor is decent enough, use it.

Ken_McGuire #3 Posted Sep 16 2018 - 01:09

Captain

• Players
  • 28760 battles
  • [O-VER] O-VER

I almost want to say "forget how you played the T20." The T20 fairly mobile with a better than average alpha gun for its tier MT, but no armor anywhere. The M26 Pershing is not especially mobile and the 90mm is certainly not special in alpha - nor pen, although the APCR is has good pen.

But it has a fairly good turret. So if you can hide most of your tank, using the ground as cover - which is a NATO tank thing you should know by now, you can find many places put out shots in relative safety with some of the best view range at tier 8.

death_stryker #4 Posted Sep 16 2018 - 02:31

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4575 battles

The Pershing is the first of the true American mediums, the first of a truly unique line of tanks. Being as quirky as they are, it takes a while to get into the rhythm of things. You can tell I like them a lot.

In the Pershing, you must abuse that turret armor like WG abuses the wallets of old men. You magnetize to ridges, and avoid things you can't snapshot with your tier 9 gun handling. Unless you have gold. Then you can snapshot most things I guess because lol 268 APCR. You always go to the medium flank, unless there is no medium flank, because high-pen heavies and TDs will pen your turret with standard. You have no DPM, so you trade shots. You (almost) never push aggressively, because you are so slow you get caught out in the open. Stay with your team, and tank shots for them when needed. The Pershing is only the trial version of the full game. You probably won't like it much, but it's a taste of what's to come.

Also tagged with Advice, Pershing, Medium Tank, Support Tank, Pen

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users