Scouts that don't scout

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

KingofDragons #21 Posted Sep 16 2018 - 15:01

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 21490 battles
If WG wanted lights to scout they would have gave them view range to reflect that fact.. 

Pipinghot #22 Posted Sep 16 2018 - 15:21

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostDerJager, on Sep 16 2018 - 04:00, said:

Proposal:

Add metric to the code, time spent within proximity of the enemy, and time spent with the enemy in view.

If either metric does not hit a certain threshold and damage to the vehicle is not received, the light tank driver should be fined half of their credits on the account, and half of the experience on the light tank in question.

[edited]getting real old real quick.

Horrible idea, not to mention rather selfish.

1) How people play in public battles is their business, not yours.

2) You play 320 battles per year, there's nothing in this game that you can say is "getting old real quick".

3) You haven't played any battles in a light tank above tier IV, you have no idea how light tanks really work at higher tiers.

You need to get better informed about how the game works. Scout tanks don't exists simply to make the game better for you.

Edited by Pipinghot, Sep 16 2018 - 15:21.

n00bfarmer #23 Posted Sep 16 2018 - 15:25

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 21 battles

The majority of maps are not really scout friendly so you have to play your light tank like a fast medium tank with no armor, low hit points and a weaker gun. Then when you finally do get Malinovoka or another scouting map, your team all goes over and sits in the corner and camps so far back they can't even shoot anything you light up. So then you wonder why people don't scout? That is your reason. 

Edit:

I just went back and read your entire post and couldn't believe what you had posted. You seriously think it is a good idea to take half a player's total game credits away for not scouting? Most ridiculous and stupid idea ever posted and there have been so incredibly dumb ideas posted on these forums over the years so that takes some doing to exceed that. If you are going to punish light tanks for not scouting then to be fair, you have to do the same to other tank classes not playing their tank roles properly. Instead of punishment, how about extra rewards for playing your tank properly? That would improve game play and keep more players.

Edited by n00bfarmer, Sep 16 2018 - 15:37.

TDRHooRaH #24 Posted Sep 16 2018 - 15:26

Major

• Players
  • 23412 battles

Proposal:

Punish sh**posters with terrible ideas on the forums. Spend less time on the forums and more time learning the game bro.

Edited by TDRHooRaH, Sep 16 2018 - 15:33.

The_Illusive_Man #25 Posted Sep 16 2018 - 15:54

Major

• -Players-
  • 12745 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

View PostDerJager, on Sep 16 2018 - 06:00, said:

Proposal:

Add metric to the code, time spent within proximity of the enemy, and time spent with the enemy in view.

If either metric does not hit a certain threshold and damage to the vehicle is not received, the light tank driver should be fined half of their credits on the account, and half of the experience on the light tank in question.

Ok, so, in just 3k battles youve found that all light tank players should be scouting? Well, hate to clear the dust from your eyes, but lights are not simple scouts. Sure they can scout, but so can every other class in the game. This type of "fine" would only encourage more players to leave, which is not something WG, or its playerbase wants.

Not_Connery #26 Posted Sep 16 2018 - 15:56

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6907 battles

View PostHellsfog, on Sep 16 2018 - 15:00, said:

He would need a lot of improvement to reach sub average but otherwise you hit the nail on the head. 

So, just looking at his stats on the WoT player stats site, I can see that I am actually worse than him... I think...

Does that mean that I really suck?  Just wondering...  (and, if true, being a little disappointed :()

TDRHooRaH #27 Posted Sep 16 2018 - 16:12

Major

• Players
  • 23412 battles

View PostNot_Connery, on Sep 16 2018 - 09:56, said:

So, just looking at his stats on the WoT player stats site, I can see that I am actually worse than him... I think...

Does that mean that I really suck?  Just wondering...  (and, if true, being a little disappointed :()

Yes.

But there are many ways one can improve.

All you have to do is be willing to improve.

There are many youtube videos that show all the little tips and tricks to get better and play smarter.

Being situationally aware and knowing when to run away from a failing flank is probably the most important.

It took me 20k battles to almost not suck.

:P

Edited by TDRHooRaH, Sep 16 2018 - 16:17.

dunniteowl #28 Posted Sep 16 2018 - 16:18

Major

• -Players-
  • 22618 battles

Proposal:

You play your tank the way you think best and, when folks don't live up to your expectations, take a short breath and chillax, m'kay?

If you put more time into how you play and not worry too much about how you want to punish someone else for a loss you are definitely involved in, you would probably have come up with a better 'solution' than this hare-brained idea.  Someone needs a time out and a cookie.

OvO

heavymetal1967 #29 Posted Sep 16 2018 - 16:19

Major

• Players
  • 65843 battles
Good thing OP's thread isn't a job app.  Or he'd be in WoT R&D tomorrow. :D

woofman34 #30 Posted Sep 16 2018 - 16:33

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31144 battles
  • [SG] SG

View Postheavymetal1967, on Sep 16 2018 - 09:19, said:

Good thing OP's thread isn't a job app.  Or he'd be in WoT R&D tomorrow. :D

HAHAHAHAHA LOL ROLF :teethhappy:

the_dude_76 #31 Posted Sep 16 2018 - 16:53

Major

• Players
  • 32345 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View PostDerJager, on Sep 16 2018 - 03:00, said:

Can you even imagine how many players see you on their team and think the same thing??

Obviously you need to spend more time worrying about how YOU play the game...

cloudwalkr #32 Posted Sep 16 2018 - 17:22

Major

• Players
  • 54530 battles

There are worthless posts all over this trash forum, but this guy...he's not just taking the cake, he took the whole bakery hostage.

please don't try to come up with other "ideas".  I'd hate to hear you hurt yourself.

IndignantMapleBacon #33 Posted Sep 16 2018 - 17:22

Major

• Players
  • 24726 battles
  • [CDN-T] CDN-T

View PostDerJager, on Sep 16 2018 - 10:00, said:

Proposal:

couple things...

1-So lets say i'm in my shinny tier 8 scout, and get loaded into a tier x game,with a tier x and 9 scout......the higher tier scouts are going to out spot me all day long, not including the high tier mediums and super TD's too......

2-What happens when i go around spotting everything on the map and scrubs just sit back and camp.....

Explain to me why i should be punished for crapthat i can't control? 

TheAquaLung #34 Posted Sep 16 2018 - 17:45

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8741 battles
Although I don't agree with OP's idea, I do acknowledge that LT play has changed since the update the put the Bulldog in Tier VIII. One of my first goals was to grind up the line to get it and when i did it was Tier VII. Now that it is Tier VIII I play it differently than when it was Tier VII. Still suck at it, but I don't play it the same. Before it had greater spotting range than Med's and was quick enough to get out of trouble and i played it more aggressively than i do now. 

leeuniverse #35 Posted Sep 16 2018 - 22:57

Major

• Players
  • 35035 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

Until maps and light tanks are actually "designed" for scouting, (the best viewranges, super great speeds (especially at the low end) so can escape, and lots of Bushes) sorry, I'm going to only scout when it's actually SAFE to.

Once I started doing that, instead of Yolo'ing like you wankers want, I then became good in Lights.

DerJager #36 Posted Sep 17 2018 - 01:20

Major

• Players
  • 4164 battles
  • [GGNKR] GGNKR

Tank that prompted this was a T71 (right up their with the best view range in the game) hiding BEHIND the TD's, clearly bunkered down in a bush on Pilsen, while an enemy T71 lit everyone up from the coal piles and arty was hammering us.

For all the nuts complaining that a light does not necessarily mean a scout, this is true, but the rest of them also fill a much needed antiscout role (or in the case of the HWK, a light TD for some reason). The T71 was doing neither.

Best scout I have right now is a Panther II (which was not being played in the relevant match). But the number of people who just post up and camp in a tank manifestly unsuited for the roll is becoming ridiculous.

Definitely didn't used to be this bad.

dunniteowl #37 Posted Sep 17 2018 - 04:54

Major

• -Players-
  • 22618 battles

So one guy doing a crap game gave you this great idea, then?  Wow, maybe you should stop playing for a while and really flesh this one out.  I'd also love to see what you do for:

TDs that don't Snipe

Heavy's the Don't Brawl

Mediums that don't Flex

SPGs --  you know, just in general

And set those credit punishments higher.  Damn boy, if you want to punish them, take away ALL their money.  While you're at it, maybe it should also TAKE AWAY their tanks -- that'll make 'em learn to play better, right?  Give them some incentive to do well -- punish bad performance.

Just remember -- YOU are going to be in that group of people being punished at some point and be ready to be poor.  M'kay?

OvO

GHR1227 #38 Posted Sep 17 2018 - 05:20

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 48859 battles
  • [TIGR] TIGR

How about wargaming stop making light tanks that are hunter-killers not scouts?  ie the T49 is a horrible scout, but it's still expected to do

that duty especially if it's only scout on the team.   ELC-bis is another example of a poor scout, scout tank.   There are lots of others these are

off the top of my head.

Nunya_000 #39 Posted Sep 17 2018 - 16:46

Major

• Players
  • 21063 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostDerJager, on Sep 16 2018 - 01:00, said:

Proposal:

Do you realize that this is basically already part of the game?

When scouting, a LT gets it XP based on what it spots.  If it spots a tank and that tank is hit by a friendly tank, the LT gets half of the XP for the damage.  A LT that does not spot will not get the XP.

pepe_trueno #40 Posted Sep 20 2018 - 02:35

Major

• Players
  • 41221 battles

View PostNunya_000, on Sep 17 2018 - 16:46, said:

Do you realize that this is basically already part of the game?

When scouting, a LT gets it XP based on what it spots.  If it spots a tank and that tank is hit by a friendly tank, the LT gets half of the XP for the damage.  A LT that does not spot will not get the XP.

something else to add as to why people avoid scouting  is the reward, finding targets is a very risky job and the reward is plain horrible. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users