I want to know ...

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Zepath #1 Posted Sep 16 2018 - 20:01

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3619 battles
How the *F* do to the Devs think being on the losing end of 11 ... ELEVEN ... 15-5 (or worse) games in a row is supposed to be fun?  Or how one is supposed to take stats seriously with this crap.

I have been put on F'ing teams where it 7-0 before I drove 1/3rd of the the damned map to get in position .... and that was a 6/8 tier match!!!!!

This is my second account ... I lost one a couple of years ago ... I didn't immediately come back then, and I am already starting to regret coming back, even after already having spent a couple of hundred dollars on tanks and premiums and other crap!

I don't want to hear they do the best they can ... XVM ranks players in the tank they are putting in that match, and they usually pretty spot on about who is going to win a match.  Start shuffling and make better match up damn it!!!!  If it takes 15s more to balance the team, then damn it, take the 15s!!!!!

Das_Reaper_1 #2 Posted Sep 16 2018 - 20:05

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10478 battles
  • [W_C_V] W_C_V

Another SBMM thread :facepalm: Some forum habits will never die

FYI a new arty whine thread has not been started for a whole 53 hours. Will need the help of our resident stat/chart guys to see if that is a new record lol

Hellsfog #3 Posted Sep 16 2018 - 20:18

Major

• Players
  • 32973 battles
  • [_SF_] _SF_

View PostZepath, on Sep 16 2018 - 14:01, said:

How the *F* do to the Devs think being on the losing end of 11 ... ELEVEN ... 15-5 (or worse) games in a row is supposed to be fun?  Or how one is supposed to take stats seriously with this crap.

I have been put on F'ing teams where it 7-0 before I drove 1/3rd of the the damned map to get in position .... and that was a 6/8 tier match!!!!!

This is my second account ... I lost one a couple of years ago ... I didn't immediately come back then, and I am already starting to regret coming back, even after already having spent a couple of hundred dollars on tanks and premiums and other crap!

I don't want to hear they do the best they can ... XVM ranks players in the tank they are putting in that match, and they usually pretty spot on about who is going to win a match.  Start shuffling and make better match up damn it!!!!  If it takes 15s more to balance the team, then damn it, take the 15s!!!!!

How about you help out the team by doing more than one shot of damage before you die? 

Ndtm #4 Posted Sep 16 2018 - 20:20

Major

• Players
  • 17376 battles

Thinking about it.. it would probably actually happen more if we had skilled based matchmaking,

So, what's the problem? a case of snowballing, a tank goes down and the enemy team suddenly has a big advantage and has an easier time claiming another tank and so on.. so why do i say it would probably happen more often?

think about it, right now the matches are made up out of the whole range of skill groups and if the enemy destroys a player that is not as skilled then the effect it would have would probably be less than if the player is quite good since the overall strength of the team wouldn't drop as much, but if we now switch over to where everyone is at the same skill level and everyone is worth the same it would have a bigger impact on that strength and allow for easier snowballing..

Or at least that's my theory anyway..

Edit: i'm probably forgetting a bunch of stuff though, for some reason i'm having trouble imagining and comparing various variables and ^ is the only clear thing i got..

Edited by Ndtm, Sep 16 2018 - 20:24.

Kliphie #5 Posted Sep 16 2018 - 20:27

Major

• Players
  • 30455 battles
  • [IOC] IOC
If you don't want to be quite so team dependent, I'd suggest not playing 40% of your games in SPGs.  

Fractured_Raptor #6 Posted Sep 16 2018 - 20:30

Captain

• -Players-
  • 20812 battles
  • [-RISK] -RISK
It's not the developers. There's so many bad players on the NA server that your odds of getting a trash team are greater than they should be. After a losing streak of four or five games I just log out. It isn't going to get any better.

GeorgePreddy #7 Posted Sep 16 2018 - 20:42

Major

• Players
  • 14345 battles
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG

This game is about perseverance and LARGE SAMPLE SIZES... your own personal skill will absolutely be displayed in your recent WN8 and Winrate stats. 

Recent stats are for your last ~ 1,000 battles.  Your stats are up to you, accepting personal responsibility for them is the very first step to improving your gameplay.

Good luck, see you on the battlefield !!

P.S. SBMM is a terrible idea for Random Battles.

IronWolfV #8 Posted Sep 16 2018 - 20:44

Major

• Players
  • 29526 battles
You can cry for SBMM till you're blue in the face. Still won't fix crap.

Badkarma #9 Posted Sep 16 2018 - 20:45

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31988 battles

View PostZepath, on Sep 16 2018 - 20:01, said:

Why does every battle have to be perfectly evenly matched on any basis?  When you're looking for a job are you asking your interviewer if everybody else there is as inept as you are so you don't feel bad or inadequate?

minneerminneer #10 Posted Sep 16 2018 - 21:15

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 28039 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP
Just another sub 4k pretty player complaining cause he does nothing in matches nothing to see here people move along.

StiffWind #11 Posted Sep 17 2018 - 07:05

Major

• -Players-
  • 14738 battles
  • [MOV] MOV

View Postminneerminneer, on Sep 16 2018 - 21:15, said:

Just another sub 4k pretty player complaining cause he does nothing in matches nothing to see here people move along.

Geez...another troll.

DrWho_ #12 Posted Sep 17 2018 - 07:22

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 13152 battles

View Postminneerminneer, on Sep 16 2018 - 21:15, said:

Stat shaming, classy .......

That1Villain #13 Posted Sep 17 2018 - 08:36

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 21352 battles
Only constant in those games are you, do what you can to do better, put out more damage, survive longer, and I guarantee you'll get a lot more wins. That being said however there are some days where not even 5k average damage is enough to win, then it's just better to quit while you're ahead

Hurk #14 Posted Sep 17 2018 - 15:39

Major

• Players
  • 51158 battles
  • [KGR] KGR

View PostDrWho_, on Sep 16 2018 - 23:22, said:

Stat shaming, classy .......

when there is an exact reason why someone has an opinion, and someone points that out, its not shaming. its pointing out the reason. 

4k battle count is not anything close to being able to make conclusive demands on how MM and random works. 

to answer the OP, its this:

1. no, its not fun. no one wants to lose. especially not a lot at once. 

2. random means random. not tiered. not handicapped. not anti-snowball. not "we feel bad for you, have a cookie and an easy match".  random games is 100% random players which means streaks are part of that. there are no protections or limits against them. 

3. if you want shorter streaks, get better at the game. Not just your skill, but your crews, equipment, tanks, etc. for instance, you are at 4k battles and have outran your own successful time playing. look at your own service record. play the tanks that you were good at. move on when the fights become more predictable to give yourself a chance to acclimate to new tiers and maps. 

seriously study if you want to succeed. instead of playing 5 days a week, take one to not play and instead, study the tanks you are playing and more importantly, the tanks you fail against. 

when you look at your service record, you can clearly see that each tier you go up in tanks, your average win rate goes down. this means you are outpacing yourself. IE you are advancing too soon, before your tanks and crews are ready. you have almost no mastery badges. so you arent even playing long enough to have a great game in tanks. based on your counts and the tanks you have been through, you have likely been moving up the tree as soon as you could. 

each tier of the game has more skilled players using more equipment, etc.  using a 75% crew and no equipment at tier 4 may be ok and people can pull it off, but trying that at tier 6 where most players have more credits and longer play history is a good way to end up with your stats. dont do it. 

1. equip all your tanks. not just toolbox/camo/binocs either. at tier 6+ gun rammers, gun laying drives, vents, optics, vertical stabilizers, etc are the NORM. if you play without them, you are handicapping your tank.

2. play with consumables on all your tanks, not being able to repair/heal/stop a fire is a major failure.

3. play with 100% crews. after tier 5, having a crew with less than 1 skill and 100% trained is just a bad idea. you should have 6th sense and either repairs or camo on every crew you have (depending on their class obviously, and a few exceptions). 

4. premium ammo is expected, load it and learn when to use it, dont cheat yourself. you spend 500k-1m for a tank, 1.2m on equipment, 6k on consumables. dont let pride stop you from spending ~40k on ammo to defend it. trading credits for wins is worth it every single time, as most of the time the win will give you back your credits. 

my suggestion to you is to go back to tier 5 and work on your crews and tanks until you are above 51% win rates in those tanks before moving back to tier 6. 

Kliphie #15 Posted Sep 17 2018 - 15:53

Major

• Players
  • 30455 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostHurk, on Sep 17 2018 - 09:39, said:

1. equip all your tanks. not just toolbox/camo/binocs either. at tier 6+ gun rammers, gun laying drives, vents, optics, vertical stabilizers, etc are the NORM. if you play without them, you are handicapping your tank.

It amazes me how many mid and high tier heavies I'll watch play as a ghost and hear the camo net sound activate.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users