A simple but very helpful addition

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Trip_Hammered #1 Posted Sep 16 2018 - 20:10

Private

• -Players-
  • 14626 battles

I have had several friends in the game who have a very hard time understanding how spotting works, even after watching the WG how does it work video. They prefer to believe that people are cheating or that there is some mod out there that puts them at a disadvantage in spotting. The game already tells the player who killed then in the post game report but I think telling them who was spotting them would also be helpful. So as an example it would say "destroyed by a shot (blahblah), spotted by (blahblah2, blahblah3)". Of course if the guy who killed you was spotting you then it would read, "destroyed by a shot (blahblah), spotted by (blahblah)".

I really think this could help some understand how they were defeated a bit better and wouldn't take much to do it since the game is already awarding those that are spotting with assisted damage. I am interested to see what others think, would this help or is it a waste of time.

GeorgePreddy #2 Posted Sep 16 2018 - 20:17

Major

• Players
  • 14345 battles
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG

For me personally, it would be occasionally interesting... I already know that there are no view range/spotting/camo/armor illegal mods or "hacks" that work, but this might lessen the newbs and noobs yelling "HAX !" every time they get the viewrange game played on them.

ArtyAardvark #3 Posted Sep 16 2018 - 21:50

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21134 battles
  • [PTRB] PTRB
I would love a mod that shows you your spotting points on the tank and when each of the individual markers are covered the spotting marker would become grey or something like that. It would be great for learning exactly what things are actually providing cover and how to use them effectively.

route99 #4 Posted Sep 16 2018 - 22:13

Corporal

• Players
  • 47759 battles
  • [DS] DS
Wow, this (blahblah) guy sounds a like a good player!

the_Deadly_Bulb #5 Posted Sep 16 2018 - 23:09

Major

• Players
  • 21757 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

If they really believe there's someone using a hack to spot them, let them continue on their merry way. Its not like the threads and videos covering this subject aren't legion.

If there was a mod that told these players who spotted them they would simply switch their paranoid delusion from "they have a mod that is a cheat and lets them spot me. " to "they have a mod that is a cheat that makes it so I can't see them".

The potential in WoT to believe you have proof of  cheating where there is none is just too great to ever eliminate hackusations, or please/convince many new players otherwise.

You can't fix stupid.

UTurnTerminator #6 Posted Sep 17 2018 - 04:04

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 8815 battles
  • [RGS-V] RGS-V
I'd be interested in this if only so I could better judge the location of enemy vehicles, depending on how much information was provided; for example if it says who/what spotted you, that would be handy to give you an idea of who is where before they're spotted too.

iAmEbola #7 Posted Sep 17 2018 - 20:51

Major

• -Players-
  • 11108 battles
Id rather have a icon that lights up after 6th sense goes off and then goes dark so I know when I'm not spotted anymore.  I keep making mistakes thinking I'm not spotted only as soon as I pull up behind a bush, I get obliterated.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users