Almost a perfect game...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Ravencroft_13 #1 Posted Sep 16 2018 - 21:49

Private

• -Players-
  • 4101 battles

So, after playing for nearly seven months I can say that overall this game is fun to play, however, there are several issues that reduce the interest in the game for me considerably.

The first issue, from what I understand, has already been 'addressed'. SPGs are wayyy too powerful and with that 3 is too many. Either the number of SPGs should be reduced to 1-2 or they need to be balanced so that they are not so unlimited in their power. For example, being able to kill a tank in one shot that is hiding behind a building.

The second issue is the matchmaking system. Tier 5 and 8 see almost exclusively bottom tier. Perhaps a revamp of the system to allow either all the same tier or more fair matches once in a while?

The final issue is balance with the light tanks. Light tanks should be scouts and observers, not the leaders of a charge against tank destroyers and heavy tanks against which they have no fear. It's rather mind-boggling to think that a lone light tank can destroy a heavy tank two tiers higher while said heavy tank does minimal or no damage to the light. (Yes. This happens regularly)

Thank you for your attention

DVK9 #2 Posted Sep 16 2018 - 22:47

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24824 battles
  • [-TX-] -TX-

Gee since the arty nerf I havent been able to 1 shot anyone except those with no armor.

your getting 3 arty a game because people are switching to arty because they are doing poorly in their other tanks.

I will try my heavies and TD's and if I cant stay close to 50% w/r, I switch to my arty.

Look at the numbers before you enter batter and see how many are arty.

if there are a lot then figure that their will be 3 arty.

MM is like arty beating a dead, dead, dead, dead, dead horse.

When people in lites take advantage of the weak armor in the rear of a tank is that really a matter for the lites or is it poor performance of the red team?

leeuniverse #3 Posted Sep 16 2018 - 22:48

Major

• Players
  • 34377 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

1. Meh, I don't agree it's "overall fun" to play, for some of what you mention, but much more, especially the "quick death" which some of the things you mention contribute to.

2. Yep, should only be "1" SPG per side, and they shouldn't do over 300 to ANY tank, but should be more accurate to be a more enjoyable class to play, as well tanks need to be faster, especially on the low end so they can try to avoid arty shots better.  I also think no Tank should do over 700.

3. There is only ONE way to actually fix the MM, and that is to make the "power spread" between tiers (HP, Pen, Armor, Damage) no more than somewhere between 5-10%.

Thus it then wouldn't matter as much if you were bottom tier too much due to what players are playing.

4. NO...  Light tanks are the hardest class to play in the game, making them "worse" is just stupid town.  There is a "risk" in getting close to heavy's and TD's, thus they SHOULD be able to dominate them.

In fact, I think Lights should be buffed in especially low-end speeds (power/acceleration) because the other classes often can still easily kill them.  Of course, many tanks of the other classes also need to be sped up, but not be faster than lights still.

leeuniverse #4 Posted Sep 16 2018 - 22:52

Major

• Players
  • 34377 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

View PostDVK9, on Sep 16 2018 - 14:47, said:

Gee since the arty nerf I havent been able to 1 shot anyone except those with no armor.

your getting 3 arty a game because people are switching to arty because they are doing poorly in their other tanks.

I will try my heavies and TD's and if I cant stay close to 50% w/r, I switch to my arty.

Look at the numbers before you enter batter and see how many are arty.

if there are a lot then figure that their will be 3 arty.

MM is like arty beating a dead, dead, dead, dead, dead horse.

When people in lites take advantage of the weak armor in the rear of a tank is that really a matter for the lites or is it poor performance of the red team?

1. Uh, there are a lot of tanks with no armor, in fact they are mostly what I play and it's irritating the one shotting by any tank.

2. I don't think so, if you look at the stats Arty is the WORST of anyones class they play.  So playing Arty gives you the worst stats which is why I don't play arty as much.

3. Okay, you must be the exception to the rule.

4. True

5. True.

dunniteowl #5 Posted Sep 17 2018 - 03:57

Major

• -Players-
  • 21572 battles

View PostRavencroft_13, on Sep 16 2018 - 14:49, said:

So, after playing for nearly seven months I can say that overall this game is fun to play, however, there are several issues that reduce the interest in the game for me considerably.

The first issue, from what I understand, has already been 'addressed'. SPGs are wayyy too powerful and with that 3 is too many. Either the number of SPGs should be reduced to 1-2 or they need to be balanced so that they are not so unlimited in their power. For example, being able to kill a tank in one shot that is hiding behind a building.

The second issue is the matchmaking system. Tier 5 and 8 see almost exclusively bottom tier. Perhaps a revamp of the system to allow either all the same tier or more fair matches once in a while?

The final issue is balance with the light tanks. Light tanks should be scouts and observers, not the leaders of a charge against tank destroyers and heavy tanks against which they have no fear. It's rather mind-boggling to think that a lone light tank can destroy a heavy tank two tiers higher while said heavy tank does minimal or no damage to the light. (Yes. This happens regularly)

Thank you for your attention

Wow, this sounds so very familiar.  Even after, in the slightly more than four years I've been playing, Arty has been limited at least four different times and you know what?  This same thread could be cut and pasted from six years ago.

Isn't that weird?

Maybe I'm from the future or something and just don't remember.

OvO

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users