Concealment markers indicator mod

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

ArtyAardvark #1 Posted Sep 16 2018 - 21:51

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21134 battles
  • [PTRB] PTRB
I would love a mod that shows you your spotting points on the tank and when each of the individual markers are covered the spotting marker would become grey or something like that. It would be great for learning exactly what things are actually providing cover and how to use them effectively.

The_Illusive_Man #2 Posted Sep 16 2018 - 22:03

Major

• -Players-
  • 12601 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT
Hmm, this would be interesting, and probs useful. Even I would use it....

_HyperLynx #3 Posted Sep 17 2018 - 00:14

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 17790 battles
  • [SEIKO] SEIKO
Hmmm i can see how that can be helpful for all players..

Ndtm #4 Posted Sep 17 2018 - 00:19

Major

• Players
  • 17376 battles
Wouldn't that require you to be inside of a bush completely? which is basically never? (if you want all to be hidden)

ArtyAardvark #5 Posted Sep 17 2018 - 04:18

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21134 battles
  • [PTRB] PTRB

View PostNdtm, on Sep 16 2018 - 18:19, said:

Wouldn't that require you to be inside of a bush completely? which is basically never? (if you want all to be hidden)

No, there are six points on the tank that need to be covered to hide them from the two view points on enemy tanks....the two top concealment points are the tanks view points btw...when a ray from one of your two view points on the topmost point of your tank or your gun mounting point have a view to one of the six enemy concealment points that is uncovered, they are spotted. You can actually have most of your tank outside of the bush as long as all six points are concealed.

Ndtm #6 Posted Sep 17 2018 - 05:06

Major

• Players
  • 17376 battles

View PostArtyAardvark, on Sep 17 2018 - 04:18, said:

No, there are six points on the tank that need to be covered to hide them from the two view points on enemy tanks....the two top concealment points are the tanks view points btw...when a ray from one of your two view points on the topmost point of your tank or your gun mounting point have a view to one of the six enemy concealment points that is uncovered, they are spotted. You can actually have most of your tank outside of the bush as long as all six points are concealed.

I know about the points and how the vision system works, i just don't seem to understand what you want i guess.. i mean.. it sounds like you want to make the points turn grey when they're in a bush/tree (since that's literally the only things that would really work, if it was outside in the "open" then how would it determine if a point is covered? by the closest enemy tank and line of sight? that's complicated (well, more like i imagine it to be an unnecessary performance hit) and it's not like they're lit all the time) that makes sense but then the " what things are actually providing cover" just confuses me, are you talking about the actual bush locations etc or something? doesn't help that i'm tired right now either

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users