Base XP

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Yojimbo50 #1 Posted Sep 16 2018 - 22:16

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 15492 battles
I'm doing the Missions for the Caer and want to know how I can increase my xp.  Do you get more xp if you have more kills or more damage, or say you get 800 damage from one tank or 800 damage from two different tanks.  Any answers would help greatly.  Thanks!!

WhineMaker #2 Posted Sep 16 2018 - 23:14

Major

• Players
  • 34106 battles

Play better...

Get more damage...

Spot more...

Win...

Just a few ideas... :B

Yojimbo50 #3 Posted Sep 16 2018 - 23:25

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 15492 battles
that doesn't answer my question.  Just shows your a condescending person.  First time I've asked a question here and got crapfor an answer.  Come to think of it its the first time I've seen a comment from you

Padbarians #4 Posted Sep 16 2018 - 23:37

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1275 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

Stay alive for as long as possible so you can ......

Get more damage...

Spot more...

Win...

shinglefoot #5 Posted Sep 16 2018 - 23:42

Major

• Players
  • 23082 battles
  • [LONER] LONER

View PostYojimbo50, on Sep 16 2018 - 18:25, said:

that doesn't answer my question.  Just shows your a condescending person.  First time I've asked a question here and got crapfor an answer.  Come to think of it its the first time I've seen a comment from you

...but

That's the answer...

Altwar #6 Posted Sep 16 2018 - 23:44

Major

• Players
  • 54949 battles
  • [A-F] A-F

View PostYojimbo50, on Sep 16 2018 - 14:25, said:

It's basically an overview of what can be done to help you improve your base XP.   Hard to tell what exactly you can do without sharing a replay showing your typical game play.   People can look at your stats and make a general judgement, hence the overview.

View PostPadbarians, on Sep 16 2018 - 14:37, said:

Stay alive for as long as possible so you can ......

Get more damage...

Spot more...

Win...

This is more of the same.  An overview that you need to think about, Yoj.    Think how can you get more damage?  One way is to stay alive as long as possible. 

Seems you like the Hummel the most, but you are getting 556 damage per game.  That's just not getting the job done.   I'm not great with mine but I get over 800 damage with mine.    You've got to do more damage or stun the enemy closer to the front, where your allies can take advantage and shoot those stunned tanks.

Yojimbo50 #7 Posted Sep 16 2018 - 23:50

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 15492 battles
after hearing from the rest of you I apologize to whinemaker for the comment.  I know I have to get better and a lot of the games I stay alive till the end.  Guess I will just have to work on getting more damage done.  Thank you all as usual for your valuable help

Shortcult #8 Posted Sep 17 2018 - 00:02

Major

• Players
  • 37139 battles

View PostYojimbo50, on Sep 16 2018 - 14:25, said:

Hit that nail squarely on the head.  Best to pay no attention to Clikz, errr Whiney.

My opinion, best is spot for your own damage and do a lot of damage to higher tier vehicles.  Spotting for a huge amount of damage pays well.  Can pay well to stun for a lot of damage, but you are relying on your team mates then.  Higher tiers higher payout (more damage available).

Oh yeah, winning is always going to pay more than losing.  Alright, not always.  How about way more often than not.

Padbarians #9 Posted Sep 17 2018 - 00:03

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1275 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

Play a high damage-dealing tank - and if you can afford it sling premium ammo. Give yourself every advantage. BE SELFISH.

And a good strategy is to try to get 2 kills before anything bad happens to you.

PS - forgot that key point - aim up. Always bang higher tiers when you can.

Edited by Padbarians, Sep 17 2018 - 00:05.

_HyperLynx #10 Posted Sep 17 2018 - 00:13

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 18013 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

View PostYojimbo50, on Sep 16 2018 - 16:16, said:

I'm doing the Missions for the Caer and want to know how I can increase my xp.  Do you get more xp if you have more kills or more damage, or say you get 800 damage from one tank or 800 damage from two different tanks.  Any answers would help greatly.  Thanks!!

Shoot higher tier tanks (unless you're at tier 10), kill tanks since they give lots of exp, don't snipe (spotting your own damage nets you all of the exp rather than 50% of it), and scout (you get 50% of the exp of the damage you spot.

mrmojo #11 Posted Sep 17 2018 - 00:14

Major

• Players
  • 20055 battles
  • [-LEG-] -LEG-

Typical whinemaster...

My suggestions:
Shoot higher tier tanks (more xp)
Brawl more (xp bonus)
Churchill 3 and IS-7 have a built in xp bonus.
Try to survive til the end so you can do more damage but don't sacrifice the win by being passive.
Play russian mediums - they win more
Forums are saying tier 9 and 7 are getting the best mm at the moment

dunniteowl #12 Posted Sep 17 2018 - 15:56

Major

• -Players-
  • 22733 battles

View PostYojimbo50, on Sep 16 2018 - 15:16, said:

Depends.

If you are top tier, then top tier tanks are going to net you the best overall XP per HP of damage.  Lower tier tanks are less XP per HP, due to you being 'advantaged' tier-wise.

If you are bottom tier, then all your XP is going to be at least 1x of every HP of damage and will increase with every higher tier unit you strike.  Of course, hitting top tier units successfully means a better multiplier.  So, if you are in a bottom tier unit focusing on upper tier units, you can make significantly more XP per HP.

Of course, all this balances out over time.  Striking upper tier units is not as easy as same or lower tier, so you may fire more and do less overall damage in that period of time if you're fighting upper tier tanks versus same or lower tier.  If you can do 600 damage to units a tier above you in two minutes, is that better than 900 damage in two minutes against same tier units?  I don't know that answer, though it is there for the purposes of illustrating the idea of this variable in the units.

Sometimes, you can really rack up damage and kills against lower and same tier units.  Kills gets its own little bump.  More kills, more damage, good.  No matter what.  If you want to try to make higher XP per HP, then you're going to have to step up and fight above your weight.  If you want to win more, then you should focus on getting plenty of damage with most of your damage when possible resulting in an elimination on the other team. (Kill).

Best answer I can give you.

FrontenacDuVandoo #13 Posted Sep 17 2018 - 19:00

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9199 battles

Here's the breakdown of how xp (and credits) are earned in the game: http://wiki.wargamin...nce_and_Credits

Damage dealt takes into account the tier difference of the opponent. So it's not just about the damage numbers, damaging higher tiered opponents is worth more.

Same idea for kills, the xp for a kill varies depending on the opponent's tier compared to yours.

View Postshinglefoot, on Sep 16 2018 - 18:42, said:

...but

That's the answer...

No, it doesn't answer his 800 damage on one tank vs two tank question. Nor does it answer his kills question.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users