Jump to content


Extra Credits


  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

GenPanzer #1 Posted Sep 19 2018 - 19:52

    Major

  • Players
  • 39588 battles
  • 2,627
  • Member since:
    08-15-2011

These are always interesting and I seem to always relate their subject matter to the games I play, this being the main one.

 

Their videos are mostly pegged towards developers, which I am not, but I still think there is some good advice for everyone in most of their videos.

 

This one really stood out as something I wish, no, hope, that this game's developers are trying to do something about. There are far too many posts or in-game announcements about losing streaks.

 

https://www.youtube....h?v=n-5gb0sVK7o



cloudwalkr #2 Posted Sep 19 2018 - 20:18

    Major

  • Players
  • 54199 battles
  • 4,743
  • Member since:
    04-05-2011

View PostGenPanzer, on Sep 19 2018 - 19:52, said:

These are always interesting and I seem to always relate their subject matter to the games I play, this being the main one.

 

Their videos are mostly pegged towards developers, which I am not, but I still think there is some good advice for everyone in most of their videos.

 

This one really stood out as something I wish, no, hope, that this game's developers are trying to do something about. There are far too many posts or in-game announcements about losing streaks.

 

https://www.youtube....h?v=n-5gb0sVK7o

 

That was an interesting video, for sure. 

 

The problem is that, for the most part, the ones constantly crying about huge losing streaks are also not intelligent enough to understand they need an attitude change.  Look at majority of the excuses you see from these people, who generally can't even spell "lose" correctly.  They tend to have major run on sentences.  They usually will contradict themselves.  They will almost always jump to insults or deflection tactics.

 

"MM rigged it"

"my teams always yolo"

"I don't play OP tanks"

blah blah blah...you name it, they'll use it.  So, the video is valid, but I don't think the ones who need to hear that message will actually hear it.

 

On a personal note, I'm a very competitive person so losing gets to me a little no matter what.   I tend to look at what I can do to improve when I lose.  So many here jump straight to the "they must have been cheating".



_Bagheera_ #3 Posted Sep 19 2018 - 20:32

    Major

  • Players
  • 34370 battles
  • 5,508
  • [ICON-] ICON-
  • Member since:
    12-23-2011

View Postcloudwalkr, on Sep 19 2018 - 13:18, said:

 

That was an interesting video, for sure. 

 

The problem is that, for the most part, the ones constantly crying about huge losing streaks are also not intelligent enough to understand they need an attitude change.  Look at majority of the excuses you see from these people, who generally can't even spell "lose" correctly.  They tend to have major run on sentences.  They usually will contradict themselves.  They will almost always jump to insults or deflection tactics.

 

"MM rigged it"

"my teams always yolo"

"I don't play OP tanks"

blah blah blah...you name it, they'll use it.  So, the video is valid, but I don't think the ones who need to hear that message will actually hear it.

 

On a personal note, I'm a very competitive person so losing gets to me a little no matter what.   I tend to look at what I can do to improve when I lose.  So many here jump straight to the "they must have been cheating".

 

Somebody told me my OBJ 705 was "OP"

 

 

most same tier tanks go clean through my upper plate.....Wat?



GeorgePreddy #4 Posted Sep 19 2018 - 21:36

    Major

  • Players
  • 14345 battles
  • 9,775
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG
  • Member since:
    04-11-2013

Everyone who plays this game with a desire to do well in it needs to accept personal responsibility for their own stats as the first step on the road to success.

 

 



cloudwalkr #5 Posted Sep 19 2018 - 21:52

    Major

  • Players
  • 54199 battles
  • 4,743
  • Member since:
    04-05-2011

View Post_Bagheera_, on Sep 19 2018 - 20:32, said:

 

Somebody told me my OBJ 705 was "OP"

 

 

most same tier tanks go clean through my upper plate.....Wat?

 

Yeah, my initial reaction was that the 705 would probably be a better E100...I think I played 10 games in it on the test server and decided it wasn't for me.



spud_tuber #6 Posted Sep 19 2018 - 22:08

    Major

  • Players
  • 51792 battles
  • 6,428
  • Member since:
    08-26-2013

View Post_Bagheera_, on Sep 19 2018 - 13:32, said:

 

Somebody told me my OBJ 705 was "OP"

 

 

most same tier tanks go clean through my upper plate.....Wat?

Win rate curves and global tank win rates both agree the 705 and 705A are OP.  When a good player denies stats to claim an OP tank isn't, they're giving bad players another excuse to ignore the stats of their personal performance.   Don't feed the problem, please. Instead set a good example by acknowledging the reality of the available data. 



RG_Notch #7 Posted Sep 19 2018 - 22:20

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 23996 battles
  • 415
  • Member since:
    09-01-2010

View PostGenPanzer, on Sep 19 2018 - 13:52, said:

These are always interesting and I seem to always relate their subject matter to the games I play, this being the main one.

 

Their videos are mostly pegged towards developers, which I am not, but I still think there is some good advice for everyone in most of their videos.

 

This one really stood out as something I wish, no, hope, that this game's developers are trying to do something about. There are far too many posts or in-game announcements about losing streaks.

 

https://www.youtube....h?v=n-5gb0sVK7o

 

Seems like just excuses for losers. If you like losing then you're a loser. If this helps you feel better about losing, oh well. 

That1Villain #8 Posted Sep 19 2018 - 22:23

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 21743 battles
  • 676
  • [QSSF] QSSF
  • Member since:
    01-15-2015
Extra Credits have a lot of good videos. Love their Extra History videos, would recommend 10/10

spud_tuber #9 Posted Sep 19 2018 - 22:45

    Major

  • Players
  • 51792 battles
  • 6,428
  • Member since:
    08-26-2013

View Postcloudwalkr, on Sep 19 2018 - 13:18, said:

 

That was an interesting video, for sure. 

 

The problem is that, for the most part, the ones constantly crying about huge losing streaks are also not intelligent enough to understand they need an attitude change.  Look at majority of the excuses you see from these people, who generally can't even spell "lose" correctly.  They tend to have major run on sentences.  They usually will contradict themselves.  They will almost always jump to insults or deflection tactics.

 

"MM rigged it"

"my teams always yolo"

"I don't play OP tanks"

blah blah blah...you name it, they'll use it.  So, the video is valid, but I don't think the ones who need to hear that message will actually hear it.

 

On a personal note, I'm a very competitive person so losing gets to me a little no matter what.   I tend to look at what I can do to improve when I lose.  So many here jump straight to the "they must have been cheating".

I also find it interesting that these types can rarely, if ever,  articulate how and why the MM is rigged.   Most also refuse to collect any data to try to demonstrate that rigging, either.  Those few who do either badly misinterpret the data(sotrue math style, for instance) or find no evidence of rigging, at least so far.

 

As far as cheating goes, while there a certainly cheats out there, there's no reason to believe they are as common or effective as some claim.  Pretty much every cheat available for WoT is either access to information that the client usually keeps hidden or assistance in putting the aiming piper on target.  One still has to be able to use that extra info, and is still subject to the same RNG as someone who aims without assistance. 

 

Now,  it is true that the quality of tanks a player uses can effect their performance,  but it's easy enough to tell when this is happening by looking at their individual tank stats, and it's not the kind of thing that results in 10%WR differences or any such.

 

Platooning can also effect performance, and is a little harder to detect with publicly available data.  There are plenty of people who've done solo challenges to indicate that platooning isn't the only way to get good stats, though. 






2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users