Need help! Game keeps freezing at battle loading screens

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

nalusar #1 Posted Sep 20 2018 - 00:39

Private

• -Players-
  • 4009 battles
I run a Mac book pro 2017 and use low improved graphics and it run well at 30 fps but every couple games it freezes on the battle loading screen and occasionally during combat in like grand battles and stuff. Is there any fixes that you Mac users know to fix this issue? 

black_colt #2 Posted Sep 22 2018 - 19:19

Major

• -Players-
  • 3704 battles

View Postnalusar, on Sep 19 2018 - 15:39, said:

I run a Mac book pro 2017 and use low improved graphics and it run well at 30 fps but every couple games it freezes on the battle loading screen and occasionally during combat in like grand battles and stuff. Is there any fixes that you Mac users know to fix this issue? 

I am experiencing the same issue on my iMac and all of the usual tricks are not working.

Have you raised a Support Ticket with CodeWeavers yet?

If not I recommend that you do so - it may be helpful to reference my ticket to CodeWeavers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Details for this Ticket:
Ticket #:     1197395
Support Lvl:  3

Your Message: WoT Mac Wrapper Hangs At Battle Start

Running stock version of WoT Mac Wrapper [downloaded directly from
Wargaming this morning] and I cannot enter a battle after clicking on
[Battle]

I can hear the countdown timer but the game does not progress any
further - even after two minutes I am still on the same screen

black_colt #3 Posted Sep 23 2018 - 07:25

Major

• -Players-
  • 3704 battles

View Postblack_colt, on Sep 22 2018 - 10:19, said:

I am experiencing the same issue on my iMac and all of the usual tricks are not working.

If not I recommend that you do so - it may be helpful to reference my ticket to CodeWeavers.

Details for this Ticket:
Ticket #:     1197395
Support Lvl:  3

Your Message: WoT Mac Wrapper Hangs At Battle Start

Running stock version of WoT Mac Wrapper [downloaded directly from
Wargaming this morning] and I cannot enter a battle after clicking on
[Battle]

I can hear the countdown timer but the game does not progress any
further - even after two minutes I am still on the same screen

Just completely deleted WoT Mac Wrapper using the Studly Utility - obtained the latest DMG from the Wargaming website - reinstalled the WoT Mac Wrapper - still unable to proceed past [Battle]

Not good - hopefully CodeWeavers replies on Monday ...

bigidle #4 Posted Sep 24 2018 - 23:39

Private

• -Players-
  • 11578 battles
The new wrapper was supposed to fix the memory leak, but I guess it does not. Either that or WOT did not approve the fix or something. I helped Codeweavers collect some logs on the problem a few months ago, but never heard anything from them afterwards. From looking at the logs myself (I used to work on 3D game that included tanks) it was clear it was a leak, and that eventually after a few battles you would have insufficient resources to load the 3d scene. On my 5K iMac I reduced the resolution of the game to a much lower resolution, and I can last 4-5 matches before the leak catches up with me, but eventually it will. If I see it not loading in the players on the load screen I kill the app and relaunch immediately and usually I get back into the match near the start. Much worse is the new map at Minsk, I have to restart every time, and often it crashes in mid game turning you into a zombie until you get back in (alive if you are lucky). I doubt Codeweavers get paid enough to put much effort into fixing the issue since they are converting the PC centric game engine into the Mac (probably OpenGL). I am sure its ugly [edited]code no one wants to spend time on, then wait months for WOT to approve it.

AlamoMelt #5 Posted Sep 29 2018 - 03:48

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18647 battles

View Postblack_colt, on Sep 22 2018 - 11:19, said:

How do I go about doing this? I'm crashing on Minsk loading every time it comes up in the rotation. 100% bar advancement, soundtrack playing, nada. It's the only map I'm having trouble with.

black_colt #6 Posted Sep 30 2018 - 03:38

Major

• -Players-
  • 3704 battles

View PostAlamoMelt, on Sep 28 2018 - 18:48, said:

How do I go about doing this? I'm crashing on Minsk loading every time it comes up in the rotation. 100% bar advancement, soundtrack playing, nada. It's the only map I'm having trouble with.

For your convenience - https://www.codeweav...tact-us#support

Texas_Vet #7 Posted Oct 04 2018 - 20:43

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2305 battles
  • [ECV] ECV
So very frustrating.  Yes, I logged a ticket as well.  Lately, it will always hang at the match loading graphics.  After I kill all the WoT processes, I am dead.  7 matches in a row.  I just can not play without it getting hung.  No fun anymore.  I must buy a PC based system.

AlamoMelt #8 Posted Oct 04 2018 - 23:13

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18647 battles

View PostTexas_Vet, on Oct 04 2018 - 12:43, said:

So very frustrating.  Yes, I logged a ticket as well.  Lately, it will always hang at the match loading graphics.  After I kill all the WoT processes, I am dead.  7 matches in a row.  I just can not play without it getting hung.  No fun anymore.  I must buy a PC based system.

Probably more cost effective to use Boot Camp to install Windows 10.

black_colt #9 Posted Oct 07 2018 - 05:22

Major

• -Players-
  • 3704 battles

View PostTexas_Vet, on Oct 04 2018 - 11:43, said:

No need to buy a MS Windows based system.

In case you did not know Apple allows you to install MS Windows on Apple-branded hardware using the supplied app - Boot Camp.

For your convenience - https://support.appl.../en-us/HT201468

Microsoft allows you to download the required ISO for free and use without activating [you cannot personalize] so the cost of getting MS Windows is just the download time.

I recommend a partition of at least 256GB and you can optimize the AMD-based graphics by using the drivers from bootcampdrivers.com

If you like running MS Windows on your Apple-branded hardware and want to activate then you can search for a company that sells the codes.  For MS Windows 10 Pro it cost about USD 40.  Just buy the activation code, open MS Windows, and activate.

Do you let MS Windows bigots tell you that you need to get a PC - you already have everything except the OS.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users