Jump to content


forums and wargaming employees


  • Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

DKHitz #1 Posted Sep 22 2018 - 03:11

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 10262 battles
  • 193
  • Member since:
    11-17-2015

i keep getting told that the "sure fire way" to get ideas and such into the "brains" of wargaming devs and those that decide game details, is to use forums.

really?

now if that was the case then why doesnt the devs ever post on forum postings?  it wouldnt take much to show you are actually listening when you add a comment.  it doesnt have to be anything earthshattering but simply make comments on the topic.

but who is anyone kidding, devs arent interested in critical comments.  they want suck up brown nosing ones which say how great and perfect wargaming is at what they do.  and that they can do no wrong.

a case in point, look below when your making a forums posting, original.  you see "attach files"   Used 0bytes of your 500K global upload quota (Max. single file size: 500K)     Trouble uploading? Try our basic uploader

 

now forums isnt a small bit but rather large and complex so if they can utilize adding pics and such then why cant clans on their webpage do the same?  the only thing a clan webpage "message board" can do is type and even that has a low limit.

brought this up a long while back and recently and guess where that is at.

 

just something to think on



kapri25 #2 Posted Sep 22 2018 - 03:19

    Captain

  • Players
  • 18437 battles
  • 1,202
  • [KRUSH] KRUSH
  • Member since:
    03-21-2014
They have posted. But they usually don't since most of the threads are just repeats of the same thing repeated over and over again.

BabA_YA6A #3 Posted Sep 22 2018 - 03:22

    Captain

  • Players
  • 26352 battles
  • 1,593
  • Member since:
    08-09-2013

View PostDKHitz, on Sep 22 2018 - 10:11, said:

i keep getting told that the "sure fire way" to get ideas and such into the "brains" of wargaming devs and those that decide game details, is to use forums.

really?

now if that was the case then why doesnt the devs ever post on forum postings?  it wouldnt take much to show you are actually listening when you add a comment.  it doesnt have to be anything earthshattering but simply make comments on the topic.

but who is anyone kidding, devs arent interested in critical comments.  they want suck up brown nosing ones which say how great and perfect wargaming is at what they do.  and that they can do no wrong.

a case in point, look below when your making a forums posting, original.  you see "attach files"   Used 0bytes of your 500K global upload quota (Max. single file size: 500K)     Trouble uploading? Try our basic uploader

 

now forums isnt a small bit but rather large and complex so if they can utilize adding pics and such then why cant clans on their webpage do the same?  the only thing a clan webpage "message board" can do is type and even that has a low limit.

brought this up a long while back and recently and guess where that is at.

 

just something to think on

You beating a dead horse!!!



NutrientibusMeaGallus #4 Posted Sep 22 2018 - 03:23

    Major

  • Players
  • 22674 battles
  • 5,658
  • [FILOX] FILOX
  • Member since:
    10-26-2012
     Am I having a stroke or is it hard to make sense of the op?

Firemoth #5 Posted Sep 22 2018 - 03:24

    Major

  • Players
  • 38032 battles
  • 4,317
  • Member since:
    05-21-2011

cause this is the NA forums and the devs are all based in EU/RU?



docroberts #6 Posted Sep 22 2018 - 03:25

    Captain

  • Players
  • 19389 battles
  • 1,503
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR
  • Member since:
    03-08-2013

View Postkapri25, on Sep 21 2018 - 20:19, said:

They have posted. But they usually don't since most of the threads are just repeats of the same thing repeated over and over again.

 

And we yell at them over and over lol .

Shortcult #7 Posted Sep 22 2018 - 03:29

    Major

  • Players
  • 37752 battles
  • 5,369
  • Member since:
    08-21-2012
Next up Oil and Water...

heavymetal1967 #8 Posted Sep 22 2018 - 03:32

    Major

  • Players
  • 70814 battles
  • 20,570
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

View PostDKHitz, on Sep 21 2018 - 21:11, said:

they want suck up brown nosing ones which say how great and perfect wargaming is at what they do.  and that they can do no wrong.

 

You're going way out on a limb on that one OP since they don't give one iota about what goes on in the forum.

 

They're running a business, therefore what they care about is their quarterly profit margins plain and simple.

 

And don't forget this is but one of multiple servers/forums.



heavymetal1967 #9 Posted Sep 22 2018 - 03:35

    Major

  • Players
  • 70814 battles
  • 20,570
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

View PostNutrientibusMeaGallus, on Sep 21 2018 - 21:23, said:

     Am I having a stroke or is it hard to make sense of the op?

 

I'm not a doctor, but I don't think you're having a stroke.

Kliphie #10 Posted Sep 22 2018 - 03:36

    Major

  • Players
  • 32218 battles
  • 4,539
  • [IOC] IOC
  • Member since:
    07-20-2012

View PostNutrientibusMeaGallus, on Sep 21 2018 - 21:23, said:

     Am I having a stroke or is it hard to make sense of the op?

 

 Do you smell burnt toast?

GeorgePreddy #11 Posted Sep 22 2018 - 04:05

    Major

  • Players
  • 14680 battles
  • 12,803
  • Member since:
    04-11-2013

View PostNutrientibusMeaGallus, on Sep 21 2018 - 23:23, said:

     Am I having a stroke or is it hard to make sense of the op?

 

Clue... you are not having a stroke.

 

 

 



Gunadie #12 Posted Sep 22 2018 - 04:11

    Major

  • Players
  • 43991 battles
  • 4,876
  • Member since:
    08-20-2011

Did you try waving a $100 dollar bill?

This seems to be War Gamings target point of where their interest lies!



DixonCider563 #13 Posted Sep 22 2018 - 04:11

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 40880 battles
  • 715
  • Member since:
    08-29-2012

View Postheavymetal1967, on Sep 22 2018 - 02:32, said:

 

You're going way out on a limb on that one OP since they don't give one iota about what goes on in the forum.

 

They're running a business, therefore what they care about is their quarterly profit margins plain and simple.

 

And don't forget this is but one of multiple servers/forums.

 

i call bullcrap on that, they sure care about giving players warnings for calling them out or using a simple cuss word, but yet they dont care about anything else, the ban hammer is real with this liberal organization which is weird since this a russian game LOL

heavymetal1967 #14 Posted Sep 22 2018 - 04:49

    Major

  • Players
  • 70814 battles
  • 20,570
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

View PostSmokeTheDestroyer563, on Sep 21 2018 - 22:11, said:

 

i call bullcrap on that, they sure care about giving players warnings for calling them out or using a simple cuss word, but yet they dont care about anything else, the ban hammer is real with this liberal organization which is weird since this a russian game LOL

 

Having just come off an RO ( btw STAFF I am not disputing just stating a fact :) ) I won't argue that, but OP was referencing devs posting replies not regular staff putting people in time out.   

 

 



scHnuuudle_bop #15 Posted Sep 22 2018 - 04:53

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 20457 battles
  • 3,717
  • Member since:
    05-03-2016

http://forum.worldof...estions-part-2/

 

http://forum.worldof...estions-part-3/

 

http://forum.worldof...estions-part-1/



DKHitz #16 Posted Sep 22 2018 - 05:57

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 10262 battles
  • 193
  • Member since:
    11-17-2015
gunadie its unfortunate but dead on true.  although i think its more like a $500 or $1,000 is a sure way to get their attention

DKHitz #17 Posted Sep 22 2018 - 06:13

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 10262 battles
  • 193
  • Member since:
    11-17-2015

for those that cant read a news article and understand it.  yes NutrientibusMeaGallus that means you.

1) what been told in replied tickets

2) devs making comments on forum postings

3) snarky comment

4) picture option when posting original forum post but isnt available on clanpage

 

got it?

 

although on a personal note, they can actually figure out solutions to problems within the game.  i had several thousand doubloons in wows but i dont play it anymore but according to ticket reply they cant swap doubloons for gold.  that was 2 years ago.  re asked and this time i got someone that just "one time" transferred the wows balance over to wot.  problem solved.  why that couldnt have happened before i dont know why but the tech i got this time cleared it up.

so yes wargaming has people that can fix things, unfortunately doesnt seem like they got enough of them and none of them work in the development dept either



VooDooKobra #18 Posted Sep 22 2018 - 06:22

    Major

  • Players
  • 9674 battles
  • 5,514
  • [MOVE] MOVE
  • Member since:
    04-23-2011

View PostSmokeTheDestroyer563, on Sep 21 2018 - 20:11, said:

 

i call bullcrap on that, they sure care about giving players warnings for calling them out or using a simple cuss word, but yet they dont care about anything else, the ban hammer is real with this liberal organization which is weird since this a russian game LOL

 

i see plenty of posts calling them out that dont get warnings unless things get out of hand with the replies.  maybe its not the calling them out but how you call them out that may be the issue?  

 

View PostDKHitz, on Sep 21 2018 - 21:57, said:

gunadie its unfortunate but dead on true.  although i think its more like a $500 or $1,000 is a sure way to get their attention

 

i prefer gold which is more internationally accepted i hear bitcoins also are gaining popularity



ThePigSheFlies #19 Posted Sep 22 2018 - 16:11

    Major

  • Players
  • 71890 battles
  • 17,352
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012

game developers have core competencies.  a web forum, or even website itself is not the same competency.

 

this forum isn't written by wargaming, but rather IP.Board (scroll to the bottom of the page)



ruar #20 Posted Sep 22 2018 - 16:18

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 17282 battles
  • 473
  • Member since:
    10-20-2011

There is very little value in posting to the forums because the devs in russia control the game.  This makes feedback from the NA server negligible at best.  The only real way to have influence is if you can come up with an idea for premium tanks or another sales suggestion that would increase revenue.  

 

NA culture is not the same as Russian culture and things that appeal to NA gamers are not a priority for Russians.  We are the red headed step children and are treated as such.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users