Another Arty Rant, BECAUSE WHY THE {edited} NOT?

arty nerfing raging ranting whining crying tds

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Poll: Read the post before voting (42 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battles in order to participate this poll.

Was this remotely amusing?

1. Yes (22 votes [52.38%])

Percentage of vote: 52.38%

2. No (20 votes [47.62%])

Percentage of vote: 47.62%

Does kind of represent an arty whiner?

1. Yes (26 votes [57.78%])

Percentage of vote: 57.78%

2. No (19 votes [42.22%])

Percentage of vote: 42.22%

Vote Hide poll

Double_O7 #1 Posted Sep 22 2018 - 21:43

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5343 battles
  • [W_T_F] W_T_F

I'm an arty ranter! I'm mad about arty! Arty sucks because I was driving around in the field like a muppet and got killed! So I am ranting!!!!!! REMOVE ARTY Wargaming!!!! 

The story is a setting in Redshire, and I was playing my Heavy tank destroyer that is slow and has low view range. So I must be aggressive right? I take the fastest route to the enemy base, which is through the field-in the open. AND I DIE!!!! Why did I die??? Because of arty!!!

See? let me show you. 

Oh. I was killed by a TD. {edited}. BUT ARTY STILL SUCKS! AND TDS! Don't forget them! They, uh... are invisible so nerf them too! 

You know, what just nerf everything except my tanks!!!!!!! I deserve to win every match!!!!!!

End rant.......:arta::arta::arta::arta::arta::arta::arta::arta::arta:

Seriously guys, cut the junk about nerfing arty. They don't need a nerf, and it isn't going to happen. Arty doesn't ruin every game. Arty doesn't ruin the game. They are fine the way they are. Sure, some 3 arty matches are a bit much for lightly armored tanks, but they don't need a nerf. The only thing that is remotely possible is limiting them to 1 per match. They won't get nerfed.

My advice is play an spg. It will help you learn to avoid them because you know how they see and think/act.

Use your damage indicator, know where they are, and please don't drive in the open. I'm not an arty player, and I'm not trying to single anyone out, but please give the arty players a break.

Hope this got a chuckle out someone

PS. Tds don't need a nerf either. 

PPS. In case you missed it, I wasn't cursing under the "edited" sections. I put those squiggly brackets around the word to show that it really wasn't a censored word. 

Happy Hunting ya'll

Edited by Double_O7, Sep 22 2018 - 21:48.

LeaveIT2Beaver #2 Posted Sep 22 2018 - 21:49

Major

• -Players-
  • 32490 battles
  • [J4F] J4F
Gotta love it

Das_Reaper_1 #3 Posted Sep 22 2018 - 21:56

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10925 battles
  • [R_A_T] R_A_T

Looked for the "bacon" option. There wasn't one so just moved on

Shortcult #4 Posted Sep 22 2018 - 22:06

Major

• Players
  • 37402 battles
That's your best effort?

ClydeCooper421 #5 Posted Sep 22 2018 - 22:06

Major

• -Players-
  • 13571 battles
  • [LOAF] LOAF

Successful games like Fortnite, Pubg, etc all reward skillful plays. Wot punishes skill. XVM, arty, etc all lead to bias in the game design. 

Thats the only problem l have with arty. 

Christojojo #6 Posted Sep 22 2018 - 22:11

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 33361 battles
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP

View PostShortcult, on Sep 22 2018 - 16:06, said:

That's your best effort?

Let me guess you hear that a lot on date night ;)

Double_O7 #7 Posted Sep 22 2018 - 22:11

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5343 battles
  • [W_T_F] W_T_F

View PostShortcult, on Sep 22 2018 - 15:06, said:

That's your best effort?

This was my first mock rant so ya lol

Kehox #8 Posted Sep 22 2018 - 22:15

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 14478 battles
Go play WoT Blitz if you dont want to see an arty ! problem solved.

CynicalTanker #9 Posted Sep 22 2018 - 22:38

Private

• Players
  • 44 battles

View PostDouble_O7, on Sep 22 2018 - 20:43, said:

I'm an arty ranter! I'm mad about arty! Arty sucks because I was driving around in the field like a muppet and got killed! So I am ranting!!!!!! REMOVE ARTY Wargaming!!!! 

The story is a setting in Redshire, and I was playing my Heavy tank destroyer that is slow and has low view range. So I must be aggressive right? I take the fastest route to the enemy base, which is through the field-in the open. AND I DIE!!!! Why did I die??? Because of arty!!!

I sense that you're being extremely sarcastic and actually believe a T10 TD should stay in the back and snipe. If you really believe that, you're an idiot and there is no hope for you left. Please uninstall. Heavy TDs like the JP100 or E4 should push up with the actual heavies. 390m of view range exactly "low" either. I believe the highest it goes for base view range is 420 on some US tanks so you're only 30m below the max and considering the roll of the JP100 it doesn't need those extra 30m.

Oh. I was killed by a TD. {edited}. BUT ARTY STILL SUCKS! AND TDS! Don't forget them! They, uh... are invisible so nerf them too! 

You know, what just nerf everything except my tanks!!!!!!! I deserve to win every match!!!!!!

Yup, arty does suck and so do high tier TDs. 2 of the reasons full T10 matches are awful to play.

End rant.......

Seriously guys, cut the junk about nerfing arty. They don't need a nerf, and it isn't going to happen. Arty doesn't ruin every game. Arty doesn't ruin the game. They are fine the way they are. Sure, some 3 arty matches are a bit much for lightly armored tanks, but they don't need a nerf. The only thing that is remotely possible is limiting them to 1 per match. They won't get nerfed.

You're somewhat right, Arty doesn't ruin every game simply because it isn't in every game. The few matches without it are generally good and some of the most fun matches you can have in WoT. Arty does have a very negative impact on the game as a whole though. Fighting vs 3 SPGs isn't fun in any tank regardless of armor levels.

My advice is play an spg. It will help you learn to avoid them because you know how they see and think/act.

Have you actually tried this? Because than you would know what a load of crap it is for several reasons. The biggest reason being that the only arty safe positions are: not being lit (AKA camping) or big enough hard cover like a house. Not having hard cover means arty can hit you and on some maps that just isn't an option.

Use your damage indicator, know where they are, and please don't drive in the open. I'm not an arty player, and I'm not trying to single anyone out, but please give the arty players a break.

They don't deserve a break

Yes they do, not just TDs but all tanks with extreme alpha. #MakeHitPointsGreatAgain

scHnuuudle_bop #10 Posted Sep 22 2018 - 22:39

Major

• -Players-
  • 18535 battles

Got to love it, he suicides himself, then blames another player for the suicidal act of his poor choice of driving route.

Yep, he dies, and it is never his fault.

UTurnTerminator #11 Posted Sep 22 2018 - 22:39

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 9163 battles
  • [RGS-V] RGS-V

My biggest complaint regarding artillery pieces is how they now shepherd the vehicles on every map- darting between items of cover, hiding behind ridges, etc.

The developers have built some really interesting elements into their maps, ranging from depressed areas on Overlord and Airfield, to rocky areas like on El Haluf, Erlenberg, Serene Coast, and more, and all these spots are unusable. If you've got a heavy tank or a well-armored medium, you can't reach these spots without artillery eating you alive, and lighter vehicles can't use them. The maps themselves become more and more linear, as we've seen, where one dominant meta of "this class goes here, this class goes here" and people get bored with it. Attempt to jolt the meta in any meaningful way, and the arty pummels you. Battles now are more formula than anything, based on whether your team knows the meta and, thus, where to go depending on the map.

I guess my point is, when I load in with a slower vehicle, I'm expecting to be able to brawl and fight as intended. However, this can only really take place in well-sheltered areas or city maps where cover is plentiful. In effect, the SPG's have turned an armor-focused combat game into a cover-based shooter game. Love it or hate it, the game we have now shares much more in common with a cover-based FPS game like "Army of Two" than it does with any other vehicular combat games I can think of, for better or worse.

My 2 cents.

Edited by UTurnTerminator, Sep 22 2018 - 22:40.

heavymetal1967 #12 Posted Sep 22 2018 - 22:51

Major

• Players
  • 66572 battles

Voted for both yes and no on the second choice cause I could.

Double_O7 #13 Posted Sep 22 2018 - 23:28

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5343 battles
  • [W_T_F] W_T_F

View PostCynicalTanker, on Sep 22 2018 - 15:38, said:

I sense that you're being extremely sarcastic and actually believe a T10 TD should stay in the back and snipe. If you really believe that, you're an idiot and there is no hope for you left. Please uninstall. Heavy TDs like the JP100 or E4 should push up with the actual heavies. 390m of view range exactly "low" either. I believe the highest it goes for base view range is 420 on some US tanks so you're only 30m below the max and considering the roll of the JP100 it doesn't need those extra 30m.

Yup, arty does suck and so do high tier TDs. 2 of the reasons full T10 matches are awful to play.

Have you actually tried this? Because than you would know what a load of crap it is for several reasons. The biggest reason being that the only arty safe positions are: not being lit (AKA camping) or big enough hard cover like a house. Not having hard cover means arty can hit you and on some maps that just isn't an option.

They don't deserve a break

Yes they do, not just TDs but all tanks with extreme alpha. #MakeHitPointsGreatAgain

So, to sum all that up. How does this sound?

"You are insulting my 44 battles that I have gotten to play because my daddy gave me a wot account and I get to play it a little bit every month"

Sound about right?

Spector668 #14 Posted Sep 22 2018 - 23:30

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22572 battles
  • [NA-CL] NA-CL

View PostChristojojo, on Sep 22 2018 - 15:11, said:

Now THAT was funny!!! +1 Chrisojojo!!

Edited by Spector668, Sep 22 2018 - 23:31.

Thunder_Storm_713 #15 Posted Sep 22 2018 - 23:37

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 13219 battles

View PostDouble_O7, on Sep 23 2018 - 08:43, said:

See? let me show you. 

End rant.......:arta::arta::arta::arta::arta::arta::arta::arta::arta:

Hope this got a chuckle out someone

PPS. In case you missed it, I wasn't cursing under the "edited" sections. I put those squiggly brackets around the word to show that it really wasn't a censored word. 

Happy Hunting ya'll

This is just sad. You quite obviously believe that you should be sitting at the back in your JgPzE100, which is just wrong. Play aggressively, you'll be less of a burden to your team and you'll actually become a better player. Don't be a typical "hurr TD must kemp red line" player, they are as bad as arty apologists. Also, drop those binos for optics. You have to sit still to see anything, also then you can't complain about low viewrange whilst moving.

Most of us know they won't get a "nerf" because, for whatever reason, people like playing it. 

Your advice is to play an SPG? I already do, I've played them somewhat extensively, reaching tier 8 in the French arty line and tier 9 in the American. And from my experiences playing arty, I can tell you this; arty players are not required to think. It is the easiest/simplest class in the game to play, any baddie can pick one up and do well. Also avoiding arty isn't really possible, either you get hit by it or you don't. 

"Please don't drive in the open"

What am I meant to do when I get a map like Prokhorovka or Redshire? Just go back to my garage?

"TD's don't need a nerf either"

No, they need more competent drivers.

Listen, you are neither experienced enough or good enough at World Of Tanks to be handing advice to people. I wouldn't be surprised if those end plates you posted weren't even yours given that you whited out the players name.

Thunder_Storm_713 #16 Posted Sep 22 2018 - 23:38

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 13219 battles

View PostDouble_O7, on Sep 23 2018 - 10:28, said:

So, to sum all that up. How does this sound?

"You are insulting my 44 battles that I have gotten to play because my daddy gave me a wot account and I get to play it a little bit every month"

Sound about right?

Really? Can you not think for yourself, or do you need me to do it for you?

His main account was quite obviously forum banned.

Shortcult #17 Posted Sep 22 2018 - 23:44

Major

• Players
  • 37402 battles

View PostChristojojo, on Sep 22 2018 - 13:11, said:

Like the apologists, I'm the only one that matters.

Thunder_Storm_713 #18 Posted Sep 22 2018 - 23:53

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 13219 battles

View PostscHnuuudle_bop, on Sep 23 2018 - 09:39, said:

Got to love it, he suicides himself, then blames another player for the suicidal act of his poor choice of driving route.

Yep, he dies, and it is never his fault.

Ahahahah, this arty player read halfway through the post, somehow didn't detect the sarcasm, started seeing red so he couldn't read the rest of the post, then replied to it anyway.

Arty players man, gotta love them. (But I don't)

Guido1212 #19 Posted Sep 22 2018 - 23:56

Community Contributor

• Players
  • 77399 battles
  • [CARTL] CARTL
Thanks for making the forum worse.  Nice work.

tod914 #20 Posted Sep 22 2018 - 23:57

Major

• Players
  • 60099 battles
After all  this time playing WOT, I finally came up with a solution to be arty safe.  The devs need to change the funnel maps into tunnel maps.  Each cap can be represent by a sewer grate.. 

Also tagged with arty, nerfing, raging, ranting, whining, crying, tds

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users