Another Arty Rant, BECAUSE WHY THE {edited} NOT?

arty nerfing raging ranting whining crying tds

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Poll: Read the post before voting (42 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battles in order to participate this poll.

Was this remotely amusing?

1. Yes (22 votes [52.38%])

Percentage of vote: 52.38%

2. No (20 votes [47.62%])

Percentage of vote: 47.62%

Does kind of represent an arty whiner?

1. Yes (26 votes [57.78%])

Percentage of vote: 57.78%

2. No (19 votes [42.22%])

Percentage of vote: 42.22%

Vote Hide poll

_Katyusha___ #21 Posted Sep 23 2018 - 01:42

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 14217 battles
  • [AWOO] AWOO
No bacon? Disappointed. Go to gulag.

BlackFive #22 Posted Sep 23 2018 - 02:17

Major

• Players
  • 29075 battles
  • [_E_] _E_

View PostShortcult, on Sep 22 2018 - 22:06, said:

That's your best effort?

View PostDouble_O7, on Sep 22 2018 - 22:11, said:

This was my first mock rant so ya lol

View PostGuido1212, on Sep 22 2018 - 23:56, said:

Thanks for making the forum worse.  Nice work.

@OP:

As a dedicated absurdist, I commend you for taking the first steps toward satirical poasting. 

Two things;

1 - more often than not, brevity is your friend, and 

2 - don't explain or preach after your poast.

You have to accept (and, frankly this is part of the fun) that a good percentage of the population won't understand the point.  There are a great many people who are blind to sarcasm.  If you feel the need to explain your point to someone, do so in a subsequent poast / reply.

The other thing to remember is that when trying to be funny / satirical / sarcastic... If you fail, people are going to call you out on it for wasting their time.  Accept that you have - and do better in the future.

FWIW; sarcasm /satire is an excellent intelligence test.  So be sure the blade of your wit is sharp.  The only thing a dull blade is good for is hurting yourself  

Thunder_Storm_713 #23 Posted Sep 23 2018 - 02:21

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13200 battles

View PostBlackFive, on Sep 23 2018 - 13:17, said:

@OP:

As a dedicated absurdist, I commend you for taking the first steps toward satirical poasting. 

Two things;

1 - more often than not, brevity is your friend, and 

2 - don't explain or preach after your poast.

You have to accept (and, frankly this is part of the fun) that a good percentage of the population won't understand the point.  There are a great many people who are blind to sarcasm.  If you feel the need to explain your point to someone, do so in a subsequent poast / reply.

The other thing to remember is that when trying to be funny / satirical / sarcastic... If you fail, people are going to call you out on it for wasting their time.  Accept that you have - and do better in the future.

FWIW; sarcasm /satire is an excellent intelligence test.  So be sure the blade of your wit is sharp.  The only thing a dull blade is good for is hurting yourself  

You forgot to quote the arty apologist that actually fell for the "mock rant".

BlackFive #24 Posted Sep 23 2018 - 02:32

Major

• Players
  • 29075 battles
  • [_E_] _E_

View PostThunder_Storm_713, on Sep 23 2018 - 02:21, said:

You forgot to quote the arty apologist that actually fell for the "mock rant".

True.

And on purpose.  

I aim to encourage the OP. 

I've found, however, that trying to educate those who reflexively snap at every baited hook is kinda pointless.  Adding the other quote would just invite him to justify failing to discern poasting from ranting.

Christojojo #25 Posted Sep 23 2018 - 03:30

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 33022 battles
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP

View PostShortcult, on Sep 22 2018 - 17:44, said:

Like the apologists, I'm the only one that matters.

ME to but it was an easy shot :)

CynicalTanker #26 Posted Sep 23 2018 - 08:39

Private

• Players
  • 44 battles

View PostThunder_Storm_713, on Sep 22 2018 - 22:38, said:

Really? Can you not think for yourself, or do you need me to do it for you?

His main account was quite obviously forum banned.

Temporary though. However the logout button isn't working so it seems I'm stuck with my alt for now.

choSenfroZen_1 #27 Posted Sep 23 2018 - 21:48

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6335 battles
  • [GITS] GITS

Funny stuff, sure had that -713 guy going, he whipped up a wall  of text, in a froth,

Best thing I did was to try out arty. Now instead of getting beat up up by them every game, it hardly ever happens.

Darned lights, now someone nail their tracks to the floor.

Edited by choSenfroZen_1, Sep 23 2018 - 22:11.

Thunder_Storm_713 #28 Posted Sep 24 2018 - 04:10

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13200 battles

View PostchoSenfroZen_1, on Sep 24 2018 - 08:48, said:

Funny stuff, sure had that -713 guy going, he whipped up a wall  of text, in a froth,

Best thing I did was to try out arty. Now instead of getting beat up up by them every game, it hardly ever happens.

Darned lights, now someone nail their tracks to the floor.

​I think you need to learn how to read.

choSenfroZen_1 #29 Posted Sep 24 2018 - 04:20

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6335 battles
  • [GITS] GITS

View PostThunder_Storm_713, on Sep 22 2018 - 14:37, said:

This is just sad. You quite obviously believe that you should be sitting at the back in your JgPzE100, which is just wrong. Play aggressively, you'll be less of a burden to your team and you'll actually become a better player. Don't be a typical "hurr TD must kemp red line" player, they are as bad as arty apologists. Also, drop those binos for optics. You have to sit still to see anything, also then you can't complain about low viewrange whilst moving.

Most of us know they won't get a "nerf" because, for whatever reason, people like playing it. 

Your advice is to play an SPG? I already do, I've played them somewhat extensively, reaching tier 8 in the French arty line and tier 9 in the American. And from my experiences playing arty, I can tell you this; arty players are not required to think. It is the easiest/simplest class in the game to play, any baddie can pick one up and do well. Also avoiding arty isn't really possible, either you get hit by it or you don't. 

"Please don't drive in the open"

What am I meant to do when I get a map like Prokhorovka or Redshire? Just go back to my garage?

"TD's don't need a nerf either"

No, they need more competent drivers.

Listen, you are neither experienced enough or good enough at World Of Tanks to be handing advice to people. I wouldn't be surprised if those end plates you posted weren't even yours given that you whited out the players name.

sorry, it sure looks like an angry rant about an obvious tongue in cheek posting.

I guess my double sarcasm meter is not as sharp as others.

oh and I am not sure if you even know what an "apologist" is, because you sure seem to be missing the definition by a country mile.

Snotty remarks and hyper critical statements do not fulfill. Look to the fella who calls him self an "apologist". Reading his stuff over the last few years, qualifies as someone who will provide an argument as long as you give him something hot to debate.

Thunder_Storm_713 #30 Posted Sep 24 2018 - 04:24

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13200 battles

View PostchoSenfroZen_1, on Sep 24 2018 - 15:20, said:

sorry, it sure looks like an angry rant about an obvious tongue in cheek posting.

I guess my double sarcasm meter is not as sharp as others.

oh and I am not sure if you even know what an "apologist" is, because you sure seem to be missing the definition by a country mile.

Snotty remarks and hyper critical statements do not fulfill. Look to the fella who calls him self an "apologist". Reading his stuff over the last few years, qualifies as someone who will provide an argument as long as you give him something hot to debate.

You didn't take my advice. 

Try again. I'm sure you'll get it.

Thunder_Storm_713 #31 Posted Sep 24 2018 - 05:00

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13200 battles

View PostchoSenfroZen_1, on Sep 24 2018 - 15:20, said:

Wait what? Who calls themself an "apologist"? That makes no sense buddy, do you even know what you are talking about?

scHnuuudle_bop #32 Posted Sep 24 2018 - 05:07

Major

• -Players-
  • 17920 battles
  • [MUG-T] MUG-T

wow, you are as cranky as the Spaz guy. 

So what a joke thread got me, but the guy above is quite correct, it sure got you.Even worse though.

You have more than 10 lines of red face raving about the thread. Read your first post buddy, you are ranting.

View PostThunder_Storm_713, on Sep 24 2018 - 05:00, said:

Wait what? Who calls themself an "apologist"? That makes no sense buddy, do you even know what you are talking about?

Not sure but he maybe referring to " Like the apologists, I'm the only one that matters."  An apologist is someone who argues about controversial topics

Thunder_Storm_713 #33 Posted Sep 24 2018 - 05:30

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13200 battles

View PostscHnuuudle_bop, on Sep 24 2018 - 16:07, said:

So what a joke thread got me, but the guy above is quite correct, it sure got you.Even worse though.

You have more than 10 lines of red face raving about the thread. Read your first post buddy, you are ranting.

It is amazing how well people can infer emotion through text, or rather how well people THINK they can infer emotion. 

Normally I probably wouldn't care about this thread, or any thread for that matter, because I would just have better things to do. However winter has just ended (but the weather is getting worse) and I am terribly ill, stuck home, alone, in bed, completely bored out of my mind with nothing to do. I'm sick of watching Netflix and Lightbox, I don't play games other than WoT. So what do I do? I go on the forum. What you perceived as anger, and as a rant, is more me typing my exact thoughts about the post out of sheer boredom. If I was angry, I would have gotten my third or fourth forum ban by now, I forget which number. 

Also, that isn't the kind of post to get me angry. A perfect post to get me angry would be some looney arguing that artillery is completely fine, or even in need of a buff or some other ridiculous change. And I'm "ranting" again. 

grandthefttankV #34 Posted Sep 24 2018 - 05:32

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31150 battles
  • [DBLTG] DBLTG

View PostDouble_O7, on Sep 22 2018 - 20:43, said:

I'm an arty ranter! I'm mad about arty! Arty sucks because I was driving around in the field like a muppet and got killed! So I am ranting!!!!!! REMOVE ARTY Wargaming!!!! 

The story is a setting in Redshire, and I was playing my Heavy tank destroyer that is slow and has low view range. So I must be aggressive right? I take the fastest route to the enemy base, which is through the field-in the open. AND I DIE!!!! Why did I die??? Because of arty!!!

See? let me show you. 

Oh. I was killed by a TD. {edited}. BUT ARTY STILL SUCKS! AND TDS! Don't forget them! They, uh... are invisible so nerf them too! 

You know, what just nerf everything except my tanks!!!!!!! I deserve to win every match!!!!!!

End rant.......:arta::arta::arta::arta::arta::arta::arta::arta::arta:

Seriously guys, cut the junk about nerfing arty. They don't need a nerf, and it isn't going to happen. Arty doesn't ruin every game. Arty doesn't ruin the game. They are fine the way they are. Sure, some 3 arty matches are a bit much for lightly armored tanks, but they don't need a nerf. The only thing that is remotely possible is limiting them to 1 per match. They won't get nerfed.

My advice is play an spg. It will help you learn to avoid them because you know how they see and think/act.

Use your damage indicator, know where they are, and please don't drive in the open. I'm not an arty player, and I'm not trying to single anyone out, but please give the arty players a break.

Hope this got a chuckle out someone

PS. Tds don't need a nerf either. 

PPS. In case you missed it, I wasn't cursing under the "edited" sections. I put those squiggly brackets around the word to show that it really wasn't a censored word. 

Happy Hunting ya'll

Arty is necessary to prevent camping

Shortcult #35 Posted Sep 24 2018 - 05:44

Major

• Players
  • 36594 battles

View PostscHnuuudle_bop, on Sep 23 2018 - 20:07, said:

Not sure but he maybe referring to " Like the apologists, I'm the only one that matters."  An apologist is someone who argues about controversial topics

Shnuudle and I have had the talk.  He sometimes drops into the apologist camp, but other times he times represents himself.  Must piss Clikz off when he takes his own stand.

He is definately an unapologetic arty player, but I cannot quite link him to the apologist camp, having discussed it with him one on one.  Clikz/Whiny on the other hand...

Should have saved the last match that Whiny was in with me, supposedly I'm above that tho...great anti apologist stuff tho.

Thunder_Storm_713 #36 Posted Sep 24 2018 - 05:47

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13200 battles

View PostgrandthefttankV, on Sep 24 2018 - 16:32, said:

Arty is necessary to prevent camping

​lol

scHnuuudle_bop #37 Posted Sep 24 2018 - 07:02

Major

• -Players-
  • 17920 battles
  • [MUG-T] MUG-T

View PostThunder_Storm_713, on Sep 24 2018 - 05:30, said:

It is amazing how well people can infer emotion through text, or rather how well people THINK they can infer emotion. 

Normally I probably wouldn't care about this thread, or any thread for that matter, because I would just have better things to do. However winter has just ended (but the weather is getting worse) and I am terribly ill, stuck home, alone, in bed, completely bored out of my mind with nothing to do. I'm sick of watching Netflix and Lightbox, I don't play games other than WoT. So what do I do? I go on the forum. What you perceived as anger, and as a rant, is more me typing my exact thoughts about the post out of sheer boredom. If I was angry, I would have gotten my third or fourth forum ban by now, I forget which number. 

Also, that isn't the kind of post to get me angry. A perfect post to get me angry would be some looney arguing that artillery is completely fine, or even in need of a buff or some other ridiculous change. And I'm "ranting" again. 

I could care less whether or not you like or hate artillery. Have zero interest in convincing you it is good or bad.

If an opinion is asked for, or even demanded , sure why not.

If someone needs a little poke, why not.

Nothing here really gets me red, a bit pink with giggles, sure.

This is a sarcastic rant, but has turned into, as I am sure  the OP wanted, a real rant. So, why not leave a little crumb. 

Not every comment by artillery fans is trying to debate others, some are just a few drops of nitroglycerin.

Every artillery rant deserves a bit of fun.

Anyway, cheers

Edited by scHnuuudle_bop, Sep 24 2018 - 07:03.

Also tagged with arty, nerfing, raging, ranting, whining, crying, tds

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users