Insurance. Can we get some answers about this?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

The_Illusive_Man #1 Posted Sep 25 2018 - 21:13

Major

• -Players-
  • 12747 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT
So, some players are getting this, and alot are not. So, how do you get it, what does it do, and what was the intention by WG to implement it? I know there are some screenshot by Warchild, but I would like an official statement made on this.

__WarChild__ #2 Posted Sep 25 2018 - 22:29

Major

• -Players-
  • 23039 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0

I got it and if you give me $60 in Gold, I can get it for you too.  

:coin:

Rusty_Shackleford_IV #3 Posted Sep 25 2018 - 22:44

Captain

• -Players-
  • 23484 battles
Im on a horrible losing streak and have yet to see it.

shiil #4 Posted Sep 25 2018 - 23:20

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 48045 battles
  • [DV] DV
I have seen it for a day and never again. I think gone forever. :(

UTurnTerminator #5 Posted Sep 25 2018 - 23:25

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 9168 battles
  • [RGS-V] RGS-V
I'm curious to know more.

subweevil #6 Posted Sep 26 2018 - 01:55

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31032 battles
  • [ANASS] ANASS
PM Noknockwarrant for codes, he loses quite a bit so I’m sure he has some left laying around right next to some M60 codes. On a more serious note, have yet to get one despite having been on some horrific losing streaks.

RNG_is_Magic #7 Posted Sep 26 2018 - 02:04

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11914 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View Postsubweevil, on Sep 25 2018 - 18:55, said:

PM Noknockwarrant for codes, he loses quite a bit so I’m sure he has some left laying around right next to some M60 codes. On a more serious note, have yet to get one despite having been on some horrific losing streaks.

I've gotten it a few times and only when I was top xp on the losing team.  

I_QQ_4_U #8 Posted Sep 26 2018 - 05:02

Major

• -Players-
  • 18686 battles
I can't figure out why I get it, the first few were all games where I was in first or second with really good games. Then I got a few that were not great games but I was in the top five but then the last one I got I did crap, think I came in tenth. Then I thought maybe it was for a string of losses but I've got two in a row and one after 4 wins.

Tod_kommt #9 Posted Sep 26 2018 - 14:17

Corporal

• Players
  • 1400 battles

(Das ist ein Schwindel)

This is a hoax

Tod_Kommt

maddogatc #10 Posted Sep 26 2018 - 15:09

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 30668 battles

You can read how it works here:

https://thearmoredpa.../wot-insurance/

Looks to me like another Wargaming money grab. $30 for better xp, free xp and credits for your next 100 loses. Even though it says "MONTHLY INSURANCE" I'm sure regular players will burn through that in a week or two with the crap MM, which Wargaming admits is broken, is giving us. This appears to be some sort of RUSSIAN REFUND. "We know you are losing and feeling frustrated because we messed up the MM. So to make things right give us $30 and you can feel better when you lose". Can Wargaming get any lower?

Frankly to keep players playing, even if they lose, the top 5 players on the losing team should get the same XP, free XP and credits as if they won. Nothing worse than being top players on the losing side, doing 1.5-2K damage and getting less XP and credits than the AFK muppet on the winning team.

Edited by maddogatc, Sep 26 2018 - 15:12.

DomoSapien #11 Posted Sep 26 2018 - 16:49

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 13834 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Hi folks,

I inquired with the team about Daily Insurance and here's my understanding:

Daily Insurance is essentially another form of Personal Reserves. The reason it's not currently available for all users is that it is currently in a testing phase as we understand it's a pretty radical concept and we want to get a better understanding around it before rolling it out entirely.

That said, I understand the top player requirement is to mitigate a potential botting issue, as well as to ensure that your Insurance Reserves aren't being depleted on underwhelming battles that wouldn't net you much profit anyway.

I also understand that the concept of Daily Insurance and its execution might be controversial to some players; many of you have already shared your opinions on the matter with us. Rest assured your feedback is not falling on deaf ears. We will be keeping a close eye on feedback threads regarding this new type of reserve and passing your sentiment on to our monetization teams.

maddogatc #12 Posted Sep 26 2018 - 17:05

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 30668 battles

View PostDomoSapien, on Sep 26 2018 - 10:49, said:

Hi folks,

Daily Insurance is essentially another form of Personal Reserves. The reason it's not currently available for all users is that it is currently in a testing phase as we understand it's a pretty radical concept and we want to get a better understanding around it before rolling it out entirely.

That said, I understand the top player requirement is to mitigate a potential botting issue, as well as to ensure that your Insurance Reserves aren't being depleted on underwhelming battles that wouldn't net you much profit anyway.

I also understand that the concept of Daily Insurance and its execution might be controversial to some players; many of you have already shared your opinions on the matter with us. Rest assured your feedback is not falling on deaf ears. We will be keeping a close eye on feedback threads regarding this new type of reserve and passing your sentiment on to our monetization teams.

Since it's a form of Personal Reserves will there be opportunities to win the "Insurance" for free through missions/promotions or is it going to be a "Pay To Lose" item only? Because I can lose for free at the moment.

Edited by maddogatc, Sep 26 2018 - 21:56.

Lesser_Spotted_Panzer #13 Posted Sep 26 2018 - 17:14

Major

• Players
  • 77807 battles

View PostDomoSapien, on Sep 26 2018 - 10:49, said:

Hi folks,

"Monetization teams" - How many monetization teams do you have?

DomoSapien #14 Posted Sep 26 2018 - 17:15

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 13834 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View Postmaddogatc, on Sep 26 2018 - 10:05, said:

Since it's a form of Personal Reserves will there be opportunity to win the "Insurance" for free through missions/promotions or is it going to be a "Pay To Lose" item only? Because I can lose for free at the moment.

If we get the greenlight to give these out as tournament prizes and mission rewards, I'll try my darnedest to be Daily-Insurance-Oprah. 

Since it's still in its testing phase, unfortunately I don't have a concrete answer on that yet."

View PostLesser_Spotted_Panzer, on Sep 26 2018 - 10:14, said:

"Monetization teams" - How many monetization teams do you have?

​Thank you for the semantics-check! Well, we have a global monetization team and each region also has their own monetization team, that reports to the global one.

Edited by DomoSapien, Sep 26 2018 - 17:16.

spud_tuber #15 Posted Sep 26 2018 - 17:34

Major

• Players
  • 53366 battles

View PostDomoSapien, on Sep 26 2018 - 10:15, said:

If we get the greenlight to give these out as tournament prizes and mission rewards, I'll try my darnedest to be Daily-Insurance-Oprah. 

Since it's still in its testing phase, unfortunately I don't have a concrete answer on that yet."

​Thank you for the semantics-check! Well, we have a global monetization team and each region also has their own monetization team, that reports to the global one.

I do wonder how much encouragement this will give to those who claim MM is rigged.   "See, this is why WG rigs the game, so we'll buy insurance!" or some such similar drivel.  Oh, well, only so much you can do about such types, and just have to weather whatever bad publicity they create.

On a larger note, if the monetization teams are seeing a large enough desire here, maybe it is time for the devs to look at the way the rewards system currently works as players may feel the current system isn't working well.  That, or ok the opposite side of the coin, maybe the dev team might need to veto monetization on the grounds that it will create something they've tried to avoid, namely conditions like the first beta season of ranked battles where so many played simply to farm enough to be in top 10 win or top 5(or was it 3?) loss rather than playing to win.

The_Illusive_Man #16 Posted Sep 26 2018 - 17:36

Major

• -Players-
  • 12747 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

View PostDomoSapien, on Sep 26 2018 - 12:49, said:

Hi folks,

Thanks Domo :)

For my Feedback:

Its an interesting idea, but MUST be toned down in cost. We need to be able to buy them with credits (heck, all reserves should be buyable with credits). Currently, based on the screenshots ive seen, it costs 29.99$ for 100 games. The discription says "30 days". I dont know who out there only loses 100 games a month, but they must be quite good.

Also, the timing could not be worse. With the current state of MM, most people are worried this will be put in place, and the MM issues will not get fixed.

I_QQ_4_U #17 Posted Sep 26 2018 - 17:59

Major

• -Players-
  • 18686 battles

View PostThe_Illusive_Man, on Sep 26 2018 - 17:36, said:

Thanks Domo :)

For my Feedback:

Its an interesting idea, but MUST be toned down in cost. We need to be able to buy them with credits (heck, all reserves should be buyable with credits). Currently, based on the screenshots ive seen, it costs 29.99$ for 100 games. The discription says "30 days". I dont know who out there only loses 100 games a month, but they must be quite good.

Also, the timing could not be worse. With the current state of MM, most people are worried this will be put in place, and the MM issues will not get fixed.

You don't have to buy them, I certainly won't be but they're nice to get for free though I don't understand why they give you more than when you win, should just be the same as a win.

MiddleAgedNoob #18 Posted Sep 26 2018 - 18:58

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13244 battles
  • [MARV] MARV

Looks like a bonanza for those who are already more concerned about their WN8 than their WR.  I'd be concerned that this creates an incentive to decide early to throw in the towel and farm so as to be in the top 5 rather than to continue to struggle to win and risk both losing and not making the top 5.

GLHF

Cognitive_Dissonance #19 Posted Sep 26 2018 - 20:15

Major

• Players
  • 40376 battles
  • [ANASS] ANASS

View PostMiddleAgedNoob, on Sep 26 2018 - 11:58, said:

Looks like a bonanza for those who are already more concerned about their WN8 than their WR.  I'd be concerned that this creates an incentive to decide early to throw in the towel and farm so as to be in the top 5 rather than to continue to struggle to win and risk both losing and not making the top 5.

GLHF

More concerned it just turns into a free money stream to cater to those who will throw money at a contest, mission, or goal just to fail their way to upper tiers or reward tanks.

__WarChild__ #20 Posted Sep 26 2018 - 22:51

Major

• -Players-
  • 23039 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0

View PostDomoSapien, on Sep 26 2018 - 09:49, said:

Hi folks,

Hey Domo,

First off, this should be given out rather than having to be purchased.

Second.  Understanding that WG is a business, at the very least, you should charge $5.00 for an entire month of this.  MANY people would pay $60 a year for this and it will make everyone happier as well.  Win Win situation!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users