Jump to content


Might of the Light & the Medium: Type 62 and Lorraine 40 t


  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Gnomon #1 Posted Sep 25 2018 - 21:47

    Training & QA Specialist

  • Administrator
  • 783 battles
  • 369
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    11-23-2015

Hey, everyone! 

 

Hope that you're having a good day! I wanted to let you know about some sales we currently have going on for the Type 62 and the Lorraine 40 t. 

 

The Type 62 is a light tank is ideal for scouting. Its low profile and camouflage allow it to get close to enemies and pinpoint their locations. The Lorraine 40 t was the first Premium Tier VIII auto-loader in the game. The tank also has three different camouflage patterns and a 100% Crew as standard features.

 

Check out the following article or open the spoiler below for more info: Might of the Light & the Medium: Type 62 and Lorraine 40 t

 

Spoiler

 

Thanks, everyone! 



CynicalDutchie #2 Posted Sep 25 2018 - 22:03

    Major

  • Players
  • 40773 battles
  • 3,921
  • [CYNIC] CYNIC
  • Member since:
    05-18-2011
Still salty the Christmas lorry didn't come with the camo, it looks pretty cool.

pickpocket293 #3 Posted Sep 25 2018 - 22:19

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 28925 battles
  • 1,052
  • [FD_UP] FD_UP
  • Member since:
    05-14-2015
Honest opinion: If you are an above-average player, the Lorraine is one of the best tier 8 mediums in the game at the moment. The penetration is good, the accuracy is good enough. It's fast enough. It has ZERO armor (don't get shot if you can help it). It has a good clip potential while also having a reasonable drum-reload time (35ish seconds isn't that long). Overall I quite like mine and I have no real complaints about it. It feels like an AMX 50 100 that traded burst potential for a more comfortable platform. The 50 100 has 2 extra rounds in the clip, but the Lorraine has better inter-clip reload and a shorter drum reload so it's easier to shift around the map. This is one of the tier 8 premium tanks that I think has enough good and bad trade-offs with the tech-tree equivalent that I might even dare to say that it's very well balanced. Kudos, WG. I got this thing and didn't feel dirty.

__WarChild__ #4 Posted Sep 25 2018 - 22:27

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 22881 battles
  • 3,173
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0
  • Member since:
    06-03-2017

View Postpickpocket293, on Sep 25 2018 - 15:19, said:

Honest opinion: If you are an above-average player, the Lorraine is one of the best tier 8 mediums in the game at the moment. The penetration is good, the accuracy is good enough. It's fast enough. It has ZERO armor (don't get shot if you can help it). It has a good clip potential while also having a reasonable drum-reload time (35ish seconds isn't that long). Overall I quite like mine and I have no real complaints about it. It feels like an AMX 50 100 that traded burst potential for a more comfortable platform. The 50 100 has 2 extra rounds in the clip, but the Lorraine has better inter-clip reload and a shorter drum reload so it's easier to shift around the map. This is one of the tier 8 premium tanks that I think has enough good and bad trade-offs with the tech-tree equivalent that I might even dare to say that it's very well balanced. Kudos, WG. I got this thing and didn't feel dirty.

 

He is LYING.  It is a horrible medium tank and does poorly against all enemies.  It should be removed from sale immediately!  :izmena:

 

 

(pickpocket, what are you doing man? don't let them know.  let's keep it just for ourselves!! ps - I completely agree with your statement.)



4TankersAndDog #5 Posted Sep 25 2018 - 22:28

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 26568 battles
  • 1,967
  • [122MM] 122MM
  • Member since:
    07-12-2013
The Lorraine 40t, what the Czech's Tier 8 tank should be...

mystaajenkins #6 Posted Sep 25 2018 - 22:48

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 21862 battles
  • 89
  • [MAD-] MAD-
  • Member since:
    04-11-2016

View Post4TankersAndDog, on Sep 25 2018 - 22:28, said:

The Lorraine 40t, what the Czech's Tier 8 tank should be...

 

This ^

pickpocket293 #7 Posted Sep 25 2018 - 23:00

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 28925 battles
  • 1,052
  • [FD_UP] FD_UP
  • Member since:
    05-14-2015

View Post__WarChild__, on Sep 25 2018 - 13:27, said:

 

He is LYING.  It is a horrible medium tank and does poorly against all enemies.  It should be removed from sale immediately!  :izmena:

 

 

(pickpocket, what are you doing man? don't let them know.  let's keep it just for ourselves!! ps - I completely agree with your statement.)

 

The more people own it, the easier the 3-mark requirements. :)

UTurnTerminator #8 Posted Sep 25 2018 - 23:05

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 9163 battles
  • 698
  • [RGS-V] RGS-V
  • Member since:
    08-25-2015
At what point of repeated sale do "rare" tanks like the Type 62 cease to be "rare"? :harp:

bilzbobaggins #9 Posted Sep 25 2018 - 23:13

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 42876 battles
  • 832
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ
  • Member since:
    12-21-2013

View PostUTurnTerminator, on Sep 25 2018 - 17:05, said:

At what point of repeated sale do "rare" tanks like the Type 62 cease to be "rare"? :harp:

 

Well, guess its rare to get one without a bunch of bs bundled with it.  



shinglefoot #10 Posted Sep 25 2018 - 23:38

    Major

  • Players
  • 23379 battles
  • 3,180
  • [LONER] LONER
  • Member since:
    02-07-2013

View Postbilzbobaggins, on Sep 25 2018 - 18:13, said:

 

Well, guess its rare to get one without a bunch of bs bundled with it.  

 

     That's how I got mine...NYET on the bundles.

 

Oh ya, the 62 is crap and made of ammo racks and bitter tears...

 

I like the rarity...



philspamoni #11 Posted Sep 26 2018 - 00:08

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 27044 battles
  • 114
  • [CDN] CDN
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

The prices of these pixel tanks are disgusting. Truly disappointing..

I have never wanted to throttle u guys so badly... I would spend a lot more than my $120cad a year if I actually felt I wasn't getting ripped off every time I looked at the premium shop. 

Like why would I spend over $100 on a single tank when I could go buy kingdom come deliverance for $45cad and get 500 hours of entertainment out of that. 

I know I'm just some guy but I have to be speaking for more than just myself when I say I constantly feel ripped off. I have never felt wg actually wanted to give something back for spending years playing their games..

 

I took a screen shot of the page with the type 62 on it... $755.91 cad in one screen and they're all considered "specials" .

I would have no problem spending $25 on that type 62. I will never spend $75 though.



CynicalDutchie #12 Posted Sep 26 2018 - 09:12

    Major

  • Players
  • 40773 battles
  • 3,921
  • [CYNIC] CYNIC
  • Member since:
    05-18-2011

View Postpickpocket293, on Sep 25 2018 - 22:19, said:

This is one of the tier 8 premium tanks that I think has enough good and bad trade-offs with the tech-tree equivalent that I might even dare to say that it's very well balanced. Kudos, WG. I got this thing and didn't feel dirty.

 

The lorry doesn't have a tech tree equivalent. The only T8 mediums france has are all premiums.



nrnstraswa #13 Posted Sep 26 2018 - 12:40

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 15775 battles
  • 425
  • [AJ] AJ
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011
No solo package for the Type 62? Why not? 

mapleleaftanker #14 Posted Sep 26 2018 - 13:34

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 44229 battles
  • 431
  • [CNUCK] CNUCK
  • Member since:
    04-27-2012

View Postnrnstraswa, on Sep 26 2018 - 04:40, said:

No solo package for the Type 62? Why not? 

 

Because $$$ 

 

Having said that, I would buy the tank without the bundle.

The whole idea of a premium tank is to make the credits so you can afford your ingame purchases. 



Benjeeh_CA #15 Posted Sep 26 2018 - 15:02

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 30108 battles
  • 916
  • [DBLTP] DBLTP
  • Member since:
    04-18-2012

View Postphilspamoni, on Sep 25 2018 - 15:08, said:

The prices of these pixel tanks are disgusting. Truly disappointing..

I have never wanted to throttle u guys so badly... I would spend a lot more than my $120cad a year if I actually felt I wasn't getting ripped off every time I looked at the premium shop. 

Like why would I spend over $100 on a single tank when I could go buy kingdom come deliverance for $45cad and get 500 hours of entertainment out of that. 

I know I'm just some guy but I have to be speaking for more than just myself when I say I constantly feel ripped off. I have never felt wg actually wanted to give something back for spending years playing their games..

 

I took a screen shot of the page with the type 62 on it... $755.91 cad in one screen and they're all considered "specials" .

I would have no problem spending $25 on that type 62. I will never spend $75 though.

 

I wouldent have an issue spending 40$ on a type 62 and I want the tank but $73CAD for the cheap bundle is ridiculous  especially since half of it you can get just by playing the game (equipment and boosters)

UTurnTerminator #16 Posted Sep 26 2018 - 15:04

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 9163 battles
  • 698
  • [RGS-V] RGS-V
  • Member since:
    08-25-2015

View Postshinglefoot, on Sep 25 2018 - 23:38, said:

 

     That's how I got mine...NYET on the bundles.

 

Oh ya, the 62 is crap and made of ammo racks and bitter tears...

 

I like the rarity...

 

From my experience shooting at them, it does seem like you can ammo rack it from just about any angle. :teethhappy:

 

 



shinglefoot #17 Posted Sep 26 2018 - 15:41

    Major

  • Players
  • 23379 battles
  • 3,180
  • [LONER] LONER
  • Member since:
    02-07-2013

View PostUTurnTerminator, on Sep 26 2018 - 10:04, said:

 

From my experience shooting at them, it does seem like you can ammo rack it from just about any angle. :teethhappy:

 

 

 

     You can...

pickpocket293 #18 Posted Sep 26 2018 - 19:12

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 28925 battles
  • 1,052
  • [FD_UP] FD_UP
  • Member since:
    05-14-2015

View PostCynicalDutchie, on Sep 26 2018 - 00:12, said:

 

The lorry doesn't have a tech tree equivalent. The only T8 mediums france has are all premiums.

 

I'm considering the AMX 50 100 the tech-tree equivalent because they play extremely similarly, despite the 50 100's designation as a "heavy".

CraterBait #19 Posted Sep 26 2018 - 19:41

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 33908 battles
  • 44
  • Member since:
    01-12-2012

I would have purchased the Type 62 but alas War Gaming have once again bundled it with a bunch of things I neither need nor want. These bundle deals have been the death of my purchasing premium tanks other than tier 8. I wont buy tier 8 because of 3, 5, 7 match making. 3, 5, 7 match making has broken tier 8 so bad that I no longer play there. As I no longer play tier 8, why would I buy tier 8 premium tanks.

 

Nice work War Gaming, though I guess you are in a way saving me money so I should thank you.



Altwar #20 Posted Sep 26 2018 - 19:44

    Major

  • Players
  • 55160 battles
  • 4,090
  • [A-F] A-F
  • Member since:
    04-24-2011
I would have been intrigued had the tank been available as a stand alone deal.  Aw well, win some, lose some.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users