Jump to content


What Happened to the German Scouts?

Luchs Leopard Nerf scouting dead?

  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Caveat_Hostis777 #1 Posted Sep 28 2018 - 15:46

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 27423 battles
  • 285
  • Member since:
    05-10-2013
Haven't played in a few years, and I come back today and hop in my Leopard and it's 1/3 of the speed it used to be, like driving through molasses. Same thing with the Luchs, and I didn't dare to try my higher tier scouts until I find out what's up. I had 1,500+ battles in the Leopard and it was my favorite tank but it's apparently been bludgeoned with the nerf bat. Is scouting completely dead now, or what? What tank class does this meta favor? Can anyone fill me in? Thanks!

Dain_Ironfoot_ #2 Posted Sep 28 2018 - 15:53

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 25046 battles
  • 2,375
  • [4HIM] 4HIM
  • Member since:
    05-14-2014

View PostCaveat_Hostis777, on Sep 28 2018 - 14:46, said:

Haven't played in a few years, and I come back today and hop in my Leopard and it's 1/3 of the speed it used to be, like driving through molasses. Same thing with the Luchs, and I didn't dare to try my higher tier scouts until I find out what's up. I had 1,500+ battles in the Leopard and it was my favorite tank but it's apparently been bludgeoned with the nerf bat. Is scouting completely dead now, or what? What tank class does this meta favor? Can anyone fill me in? Thanks!

 

I didn't think the speed was nerfed on those, but I don't know.  They still seem real fast to me, maybe you've just been gone too long or perhaps they did change them when they did the light tank rebalance a couple years ago or whenever it was.  I still occasionally play the Luchs, along with some other mid-tier light tanks, and there are certainly some that did get nerfed a little too hard... but I didn't think the Luchs or Leopard were ones that did, if at all.

Edited by Dain_Ironfoot_, Sep 28 2018 - 15:54.


Graystreak_2014 #3 Posted Sep 28 2018 - 15:57

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 23543 battles
  • 29
  • [U_F_O] U_F_O
  • Member since:
    07-03-2014
The physics changes they made to the game and maps changed it. Now the watery and mud areas actually behave like they are. The old maps you didn't get the same feel.

SparkyGT #4 Posted Sep 28 2018 - 16:01

    Major

  • Players
  • 51919 battles
  • 4,576
  • [-NHL-] -NHL-
  • Member since:
    02-05-2012
i found my elc to be slow as ever, not sure if it was changed, will have to try out the luchs

Caveat_Hostis777 #5 Posted Sep 28 2018 - 16:02

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 27423 battles
  • 285
  • Member since:
    05-10-2013

View PostDain_Ironfoot_, on Sep 28 2018 - 09:53, said:

 

I didn't think the speed was nerfed on those, but I don't know.  They still seem real fast to me, maybe you've just been gone too long or perhaps they did change them when they did the light tank rebalance a couple years ago or whenever it was.  I still occasionally play the Luchs, along with some other mid-tier light tanks, and there are certainly some that did get nerfed a little too hard... but I didn't think the Luchs or Leopard were ones that did, if at all.

 

Thanks for the info and replying so quickly. Yeah, Leo seems to have lost a significant amount of speed and mobility. I have a crew working on their 5th set of skills, and this thing used to dominate. Aggression and vision control was the name of the game when I last played. Using that style resulted in utter failure this morning. I do remember TDs would be OP for a patch, and then Mediums, and so on, but I'm going to have to do some deep digging and youtubing to see what's happened to my beloved Leopard in the time I've been gone. Are the classes more evenly balanced now, or is a particular class viewed as OP in this patch? 

Caveat_Hostis777 #6 Posted Sep 28 2018 - 16:07

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 27423 battles
  • 285
  • Member since:
    05-10-2013

View PostGraystreak_2014, on Sep 28 2018 - 09:57, said:

The physics changes they made to the game and maps changed it. Now the watery and mud areas actually behave like they are. The old maps you didn't get the same feel.

I noticed that, and it's actually really cool. Making things more realistic is good; I guess it'll just take some getting used to and relearning the art of scouting from the ground up.

 

View PostSparkyGT, on Sep 28 2018 - 10:01, said:

i found my elc to be slow as ever, not sure if it was changed, will have to try out the luchs

Wow, the ELC? That thing was insanely fast and a lot of fun last time I played! The Luchs? Dear lord, I about had a heart attack! It drives like I remember the Panther driving or something. I'll fiddle with the POV settings and see if that helps.

 

Thanks guys.



Cowcat137 #7 Posted Sep 28 2018 - 16:09

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 14511 battles
  • 6,888
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
  • Member since:
    08-17-2015

The great scout nerfening was enacted when the stretched out the scouts to ten tiers. The tier ten prototypes were allegedly too powerful for balance so they had to nerf them and go backward from there. If you have any premium lights they weren't touched and are now considered OP like the AMX 57 and the Black dog.

The worst: the RU 251 was moved UP from T8 to T9 and speed nerfed at the same time. All kinds of fail.


Edited by YANKEE137, Sep 28 2018 - 16:10.


Caveat_Hostis777 #8 Posted Sep 28 2018 - 16:22

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 27423 battles
  • 285
  • Member since:
    05-10-2013

View PostYANKEE137, on Sep 28 2018 - 10:09, said:

The great scout nerfening was enacted when the stretched out the scouts to ten tiers. The tier ten prototypes were allegedly too powerful for balance so they had to nerf them and go backward from there. If you have any premium lights they weren't touched and are now considered OP like the AMX 57 and the Black dog.

The worst: the RU 251 was moved UP from T8 to T9 and speed nerfed at the same time. All kinds of fail.

 

That's very helpful info - just the kind of thing I was wondering! That definitely sucks about the RU 251. The thing was glass at Tier VIII. And now we have Tier X scouts. Will wonders never cease? :)I'll be the first to admit that the old scouts were ridiculously fast over all kinds of terrain, but that was half their protection and why they were fun. I guess I'll be breaking out the Russian mediums for a while until I get back in the swing of things. Thanks again!

Cowcat137 #9 Posted Sep 28 2018 - 16:29

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 14511 battles
  • 6,888
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
  • Member since:
    08-17-2015

FYI There's a new Russian premium light in supertest- the LT 432 which currently looks to be amazing at T8.

 

and

Welcome back!



_Zero_3MarkLegend #10 Posted Sep 28 2018 - 16:30

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 52909 battles
  • 300
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
  • Member since:
    10-21-2014
I think what you are experiencing is that everything else around it got slightly faster. Also all the physics changes. The RHM PZW is extremely fast but it's so easy to flip. #ripmy3mark

Almighty_Johnson #11 Posted Sep 28 2018 - 16:38

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 27609 battles
  • 2,270
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
  • Member since:
    11-10-2014

View PostSparkyGT, on Sep 28 2018 - 10:01, said:

i found my elc to be slow as ever, not sure if it was changed, will have to try out the luchs

 

The ELC got a major raping by the Nerf Hammer.  It got a fully traversing turret on the small gun, but lost like 1/3 of the engine power.  Like a lot of Lights, it got creamed in 9.18

Caveat_Hostis777 #12 Posted Sep 28 2018 - 16:39

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 27423 battles
  • 285
  • Member since:
    05-10-2013

View PostYANKEE137, on Sep 28 2018 - 10:29, said:

FYI There's a new Russian premium light in supertest- the LT 432 which currently looks to be amazing at T8.

 

and

Welcome back!

 

Thanks! That LT 432 sounds really cool, I'll check it out soon.

 

View Post_Zero___, on Sep 28 2018 - 10:30, said:

I think what you are experiencing is that everything else around it got slightly faster. Also all the physics changes. The RHM PZW is extremely fast but it's so easy to flip. #ripmy3mark

 

Good point; perhaps. The physics have definitely changed, but overall, that's probably a good thing but it's too soon for me to comment in that regard. I did, however, learn the hard way about the tanks flipping over, just a few days ago... It's realistic, so that's a positive change. I'll take a gander at Quickybaby and Sir Fochs' channels, et al. and see if I can get a comprehensive grasp on what are apparently many significant changes to the game. Thanks again.

dont_ping_me #13 Posted Sep 28 2018 - 17:05

    Major

  • Players
  • 85257 battles
  • 3,611
  • [SNEKS] SNEKS
  • Member since:
    02-11-2012
The German lights got shafted...because Germany I guess. French or Russian lights are currently the best.

Benjeeh_CA #14 Posted Sep 28 2018 - 17:40

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 30963 battles
  • 997
  • Member since:
    04-18-2012

View PostYANKEE137, on Sep 28 2018 - 07:09, said:

The great scout nerfening was enacted when the stretched out the scouts to ten tiers. The tier ten prototypes were allegedly too powerful for balance so they had to nerf them and go backward from there. If you have any premium lights they weren't touched and are now considered OP like the AMX 57 and the Black dog.

The worst: the RU 251 was moved UP from T8 to T9 and speed nerfed at the same time. All kinds of fail.

 

no, the sp1c lost its autoloader, no longer a fun vehicle. Slow anything can HE through the armour potato cannon 

Cowcat137 #15 Posted Sep 28 2018 - 18:35

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 14511 battles
  • 6,888
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
  • Member since:
    08-17-2015
And now you've given me, given me
Nothing but shattered dreams, shattered dreams,
Feel like I could run away, run away


QuicksilverJPR #16 Posted Sep 28 2018 - 19:15

    Major

  • Players
  • 27894 battles
  • 4,790
  • [RPG] RPG
  • Member since:
    01-17-2013

View PostYANKEE137, on Sep 28 2018 - 10:29, said:

FYI There's a new Russian premium light in supertest- the LT 432 which currently looks to be amazing at T8.

 

and

Welcome back!

 

That's because it's basically a T-64 MBT with no armor...

 

It should be awesome!



4TankersAndDog #17 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 20:16

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 27324 battles
  • 2,095
  • [122MM] 122MM
  • Member since:
    07-12-2013

FWIW, the Aufklärungspanzer V is in the game client right now and could be released at any time (same for the T-44lt)

 

https://tanks.gg/tank/aufklpz-v

 

That being said, since it has no 105mm I am a Sad Panda...  :-(



QuicksilverJPR #18 Posted Nov 12 2018 - 19:22

    Major

  • Players
  • 27894 battles
  • 4,790
  • [RPG] RPG
  • Member since:
    01-17-2013

View Post4TankersAndDog, on Nov 09 2018 - 14:16, said:

FWIW, the Aufklärungspanzer V is in the game client right now and could be released at any time (same for the T-44lt)

 

https://tanks.gg/tank/aufklpz-v

 

That being said, since it has no 105mm I am a Sad Panda...  :-(

 

Awwwww man, I really wanted the 105 back.  I three marked my VK2801 with the 105...

Brynar #19 Posted Nov 13 2018 - 13:01

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 8501 battles
  • 72
  • Member since:
    09-02-2018
I'm relatively new to the game, so I have no experience before the "Great Light Tank Nerf", nor with tiers above 6. That said, I find the Pz.1C in need of a nerf as it stands. Being in a tier 2 game with noobs like myself and meeting a platoon of seal clubbing Pz.1Cs with 40k battles is no fun. Makes me want to drop this game like a hot potato. I'm sure other noobs feel the same. It's only real weakness seems to be pen, which is a mute point when it's top tier and stuffed with premium ammo.

AZandEL #20 Posted Nov 14 2018 - 05:25

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 30658 battles
  • 760
  • Member since:
    09-06-2012

View PostCaveat_Hostis777, on Sep 28 2018 - 14:46, said:

Haven't played in a few years, and I come back today and hop in my Leopard and it's 1/3 of the speed it used to be, like driving through molasses. Same thing with the Luchs, and I didn't dare to try my higher tier scouts until I find out what's up. I had 1,500+ battles in the Leopard and it was my favorite tank but it's apparently been bludgeoned with the nerf bat. Is scouting completely dead now, or what? What tank class does this meta favor? Can anyone fill me in? Thanks!

 

You answered your own question. The game has passed them by along with many other old tanks. On to the next shiny thing. Current meta favors heavies and/or some new meds and premiums. Cromwell B, T-34-85M, AMX-13-57 all far better than their normal tech tree versions. Russians have many options. Japanese, Polish, Czech, and Italian have some good ones you can research which they are. French heavies obsolete. I have a garage full of pimped out german tanks with hundreds of battles and rarely play them.





Also tagged with Luchs, Leopard, Nerf, scouting, dead?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users