Arty XVM sniping xvm

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

RMxR #1 Posted Sep 30 2018 - 19:40

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 42797 battles

Certain features of XVM should be removed, limited or deactivated:

A lot of players have complained about ''xvm sniping'' in which the ''best'' players are focused by people that use that feature that that allows them to see the wn8 ranking of all players in a battle. An artillery player using this feature will probably focus on a certain player, annoying him to death and forcing him to create a growing hate towards the class. From my perspective and the perspective of some other players this wn8 feature of xvm is also unfair and should be removed because:

•  XVM users, specially the less experienced ones, can be demoralized by just a bunch of multicolor numbers and letters even if the battle hasn't even started. There is evidence that demonstrates that, at least in random battles, xvm fails to predict the outcome of a battle.

• XVM creates an elitist community in which the worst valued players are considered the worst type of scum. The game itself has its own ranking system but this one is less problematic. This XVM tool should be only useful for clans actively egaged in highly competitive battles.

• XVM negatively affects the randomness and experience-based playstile of the game. It's unfair that ANYONE, regardless of how skilled and exprienced they are, has access to vital information such as who are the most dangerous players of the enemy team. Focusing on certain players can be done without using xvm but it requires exerience, situational awareness and attention on details which are characteristics that every player should be developing if they want to enjoy and make sense of the game, i don't use xvm and i learned to focus on certain players for basic things like: paying attention to which enemy players are doing good and causing mayhem, looking at the marks of excellence of certain players, looking at the clan tag of certain players, looking at the vehicles that the players use. Removing this feature of xvm or deactivating it for certain types of battles could reduce the already annoying nature of artillery and make the game a more enjoyable place.

What are your thoughts guys?, any opinion is welcomed.

VooDooKobra #2 Posted Sep 30 2018 - 19:52

Major

• Players
  • 8373 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE
There are a lot of good functions to XVM being able to see the numbers of players on your team and the other team is not one of them imo.  like chance to win all it does is create more of a toxic game environment 

_Tsavo_ #3 Posted Sep 30 2018 - 20:03

Major

• Players
  • 42337 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
I've always suggested a way to neuter XVM but not ruin mod functionality,  simply change the display from player names to tank types.   No clan tags or player names on the enemy team until the post game results. 

LAPPELduvide #4 Posted Sep 30 2018 - 20:05

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 14901 battles
  • [NAISU] NAISU
Once you know the clan tags you really don't need XVM to know who's good on the enemy team or on your team. I haven't run it in like more than a year and I don't feel like I'm missing anything. 

Gothraul #5 Posted Sep 30 2018 - 20:12

Major

• -Players-
  • 2061 battles
XVM (in battle stats) is cancer and the people who use it for that are toxic as they not only make issues for other players but they also make the game worse overall than it would have other wise been especially when being passive by not supporting their teams.

cloudwalkr #6 Posted Sep 30 2018 - 20:32

Major

• Players
  • 54542 battles

My ratings actually started to go up when I uninstalled XVM.  I focus more on the game and what I would naturally do when I'm not having XVM colors thrown in my face.  

My argument for removal, or hiding XVM during game play stems from things like XVM focus fire (which is a thing once you've hit a certain shade of blue.  I remember a drastic change after I hit 2k overall) and things like people quitting during the countdown due to bright colors they didn't like.  The countdown quitters are less these days in my experience, but I'd still be fine if XVM was an after match thing.

Best thing WG could do to alleviate anger and frustration on a large majority of players would be to go to a Fog of War system where you don't know who/what/or how many of anything you're fighting against until it's lit on the field.  Once lit, you will only see the tank Icon.  You won't see clan tags, names, XVM...only tank icons.

Doing this would force peoples attention to be on the actual game and what they want to do during it.  You'd have far less people quitting matches at the start.  You'd have people trying more than they did before simply because their focus would be 100% on what they wanted to do, instead of crying.  

My opinion,anyway.

YUNG_DUBBIE_SOUNDCLOUD #7 Posted Sep 30 2018 - 20:35

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8641 battles
it make me feel like im good

Drone157 #8 Posted Sep 30 2018 - 20:41

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21356 battles
  • [GBOTS] GBOTS

I often get focused by arty, and after running XVM(Which tells you who else is running it) I noticed something peculiar.

I was NOT getting XVM sniped, instead I am focused because I am aggressive, in the open, or in a strong position or easy targets.

Basically, arty will try to kill the problem tanks, usually driven by good players.

I’ve recently reinstalled XVM but disabled in-battle stats. I like seeing my own progress and enjoy seeing detailed info without going to a website.

It is a tool that provides little in-game advantage anymore, and all the issues people have is their problem, not the tool’s.

PM_Loves_Hoarce #9 Posted Sep 30 2018 - 21:04

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17874 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
Remove player names from the opponents team. There is no all chat so what is the purpose of knowing who is on the other team. If you want to know who you played against look at the post battle stats and send messages in garage if you want. You should only be able to see a list of tanks that the enemy team has with no names available. 

Edited by PM_4Head, Sep 30 2018 - 21:05.

YUNG_DUBBIE_SOUNDCLOUD #10 Posted Sep 30 2018 - 21:48

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8641 battles

View PostPM_4Head, on Sep 30 2018 - 15:04, said:

Remove player names from the opponents team. There is no all chat so what is the purpose of knowing who is on the other team. If you want to know who you played against look at the post battle stats and send messages in garage if you want. You should only be able to see a list of tanks that the enemy team has with no names available. 

this is good

RMxR #11 Posted Sep 30 2018 - 22:06

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 42797 battles

Some of you have mentioned a fog of war feature or not showing players' name, those are good options i like the idea of having to spot an enemy to show it in the team list but what about artillery or almost invisible tanks?. I think WG hasn't added this feature because they anticipate that the players will be even more confused and might not realize there are enemy tanks that haven't been killed, while the fog of war feature is a bit more difficult to implement, the "nameless" tanks feature is more viable.

View PostDrone157, on Sep 30 2018 - 13:41, said:

I often get focused by arty, and after running XVM(Which tells you who else is running it) I noticed something peculiar.

I was NOT getting XVM sniped, instead I am focused because I am aggressive, in the open, or in a strong position or easy targets.

Basically, arty will try to kill the problem tanks, usually driven by good players.

I’ve recently reinstalled XVM but disabled in-battle stats. I like seeing my own progress and enjoy seeing detailed info without going to a website.

It is a tool that provides little in-game advantage anymore, and all the issues people have is their problem, not the tool’s.

Even if xvm reputation depends on who use it and how, it's the essence of xvm itself that kills the so wanted randomness and skillfullness of this game. It gives intel to any player without any real effort.

Rhadamanthuz #12 Posted Sep 30 2018 - 22:15

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 34506 battles
  • [P2WIN] P2WIN
Make wot good again remove all mods 2018 

Edited by Rhadamanthuz, Sep 30 2018 - 22:54.

the_dude_76 #13 Posted Sep 30 2018 - 22:40

Major

• Players
  • 32362 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View PostRMxR, on Sep 30 2018 - 12:40, said:

Certain features of XVM should be removed, limited or deactivated:

A lot of players have complained about ''xvm sniping'' in which the ''best'' players are focused by people that use that feature that that allows them to see the wn8 ranking of all players in a battle. An artillery player using this feature will probably focus on a certain player, annoying him to death and forcing him to create a growing hate towards the class. From my perspective and the perspective of some other players this wn8 feature of xvm is also unfair and should be removed because:

•  XVM users, specially the less experienced ones, can be demoralized by just a bunch of multicolor numbers and letters even if the battle hasn't even started. There is evidence that demonstrates that, at least in random battles, xvm fails to predict the outcome of a battle.

​So because some people can't handle it no one should be allowed to use it???

• XVM creates an elitist community in which the worst valued players are considered the worst type of scum. The game itself has its own ranking system but this one is less problematic. This XVM tool should be only useful for clans actively egaged in highly competitive battles.

A- See my point above

B- What makes the PR system less problematic other than the fact that it is ignored in favor of XVM?? Without XVM the next best thing would be used to meet the same goals.

• XVM negatively affects the randomness and experience-based playstile of the game. It's unfair that ANYONE, regardless of how skilled and exprienced they are, has access to vital information such as who are the most dangerous players of the enemy team. Focusing on certain players can be done without using xvm but it requires exerience, situational awareness and attention on details which are characteristics that every player should be developing if they want to enjoy and make sense of the game, i don't use xvm and i learned to focus on certain players for basic things like: paying attention to which enemy players are doing good and causing mayhem, looking at the marks of excellence of certain players, looking at the clan tag of certain players, looking at the vehicles that the players use. Removing this feature of xvm or deactivating it for certain types of battles could reduce the already annoying nature of artillery and make the game a more enjoyable place.

In other words it levels the playing field. It enables the have nots, skillswise or experience, to better compete with the haves. Off the top of my head I can't think of another competitive endeavor that considers a level playing field to be "unfair". WG has obviously concluded that XVM is acceptable so claims of "unfairness" seem unfounded.

What are your thoughts guys?, any opinion is welcomed.

View PostRMxR, on Sep 30 2018 - 15:06, said:

Some of you have mentioned a fog of war feature or not showing players' name, those are good options...

Those are good options for the small percentage of top players who would benefit from it. Doesn't really seem like those players need the help...

View PostRMxR, on Sep 30 2018 - 15:06, said:

It gives intel to any player without any real effort.

But how is this a bad thing?? XVM is an option anyone can use so it doesn't give an unfair advantage even if it does take away the advantage that some players would enjoy in its absence.

Edited by the_dude_76, Sep 30 2018 - 22:46.

cloudwalkr #14 Posted Oct 01 2018 - 01:14

Major

• Players
  • 54542 battles

View Postthe_dude_76, on Sep 30 2018 - 22:40, said:

Those are good options for the small percentage of top players who would benefit from it. Doesn't really seem like those players need the help...

FoW or hiding enemy list would benefit everyone in my opinion.  To some it would lessen the effect of XVM sniping.  To others it would lessen their distraction during countdown (They'd be focused on how they wanted to play and not what was over there).  It would cut down on the people who cry and quit at the countdown because they feel the MM "handed the enemy another one".  That doesn't happen all the time, but it's a thing.

Bottom line, there are simply more benefits for it and I can't think of any negative against it.  If you have a sound reason why that would only benefit top players or would be a negative to the general community as a whole...I'd love to hear it.

An_old_slow_guy #15 Posted Oct 01 2018 - 04:49

Captain

• Players
  • 58692 battles
  • [ELVIS] ELVIS
Used to run it all the time, but lately with all the orange, red, and yellow players making up most of the teams - it's just not very helpful anymore (too depressing).  Just as easy to spot the good players by their battlefield performance, and select targets based on the impact of the damage you inflict,  and whether you can do dmg without getting too whacked yourself. 

the_dude_76 #16 Posted Oct 01 2018 - 18:10

Major

• Players
  • 32362 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View Postcloudwalkr, on Sep 30 2018 - 18:14, said:

FoW or hiding enemy list would benefit everyone in my opinion.  To some it would lessen the effect of XVM sniping.  To others it would lessen their distraction during countdown (They'd be focused on how they wanted to play and not what was over there).  It would cut down on the people who cry and quit at the countdown because they feel the MM "handed the enemy another one".  That doesn't happen all the time, but it's a thing.

None of these issues apply to me so I certainly would not benefit and I seriously doubt that I'm an anomaly. (never minding the fact that 
"what's over there" should play a major factor in determining "how you want to play")

View Postcloudwalkr, on Sep 30 2018 - 18:14, said:

Bottom line, there are simply more benefits for it and I can't think of any negative against it.  If you have a sound reason why that would only benefit top players or would be a negative to the general community as a whole...I'd love to hear it.

When you already know that you're better than 99% of the players that you'll meet having that fact verified by XVM is of little value so the top players gain little from XVM. Technically the same can be said of the worst players, they should expect the majority to be better than them. It is us guys in the middle that gain an advantage by knowing whether your opponent is a better player than you or worse. Do I show respect for the tank around the corner or can I be confident in my ability to rush him down?? Two tanks in my line of fire, one's a scrub and the other a uni, obviously my team benefits more from me damaging the uni. And a hundred other similar scenarios. So removing XVM would benefit both the best players and the worst. The best wouldn't get targeted as often and the worst wouldn't be such an easy target.

Surely it's not just some bizarre coincidence that the VAST majority of players opposed to XVM are those with much higher than average win rates...

cloudwalkr #17 Posted Oct 01 2018 - 18:47

Major

• Players
  • 54542 battles

View Postthe_dude_76, on Oct 01 2018 - 18:10, said:

I'm sorry but just because you feel an issue doesn't effect you is still no reason to not have something.  

It's not about me already knowing I'm better than X players.  It's about cutting down in the overall toxicity in the game.  Blocking names and clan tags and such would do that.  Just because you feel like it wouldn't benefit you is no reason at all to say it wouldn't be justified.  It's funny you highlight XVM focus which is toxic and punishes certain groups and feel like that's totally fine...because you don't fall into that group that's effected.  You'll be forever plateaued as long as you need XVM to tell you whether you can go around a corner safely lol.  If 2 tanks are in your line of fire and you can't decide which one is the greater threat without XVM telling you to "shoot here" then that's more on you needing a hand holding than anything. 

I don't run XVM and I seem to do just fine by treating all enemies like a threat and all allies like a bot until proven otherwise by their play, which isn't hard to tell.   

You still haven't presented a sound argument as to why it would "only" benefit top players when your entire argument is based on players at your skill level needing to be told who the good players and bad players are and whether you can go around a corner and what tanks to shoot when several are infront of you...

Keep it if you want, but all you've shown is that you use XVM as a crutch and hand holding device that tells you when to do something.  You'll never really improve like that.

Edit:  I've also seen players for and against at all skill ranges, so stop trying to pass it off like only one group of players wants something changed.

Edited by cloudwalkr, Oct 01 2018 - 18:54.

n4cer67 #18 Posted Oct 01 2018 - 20:03

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 17057 battles
  • [NAAP] NAAP

I don't see anything wrong with XVM.

n4cer67 #19 Posted Oct 01 2018 - 20:09

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 17057 battles
  • [NAAP] NAAP

View PostRhadamanthuz, on Sep 30 2018 - 15:15, said:

Make wot good again remove all mods 2018 

Make it good by removing the nerfers.

n4cer67 #20 Posted Oct 01 2018 - 20:09

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 17057 battles
  • [NAAP] NAAP

View PostPM_4Head, on Sep 30 2018 - 14:04, said:

lol, no.

Also tagged with Arty, XVM sniping, xvm

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users