• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

cloudwalkr #21 Posted Oct 01 2018 - 21:27

Major

• Players
  • 54530 battles

View Postn4cer67, on Oct 01 2018 - 20:09, said:

lol, no.

ty for putting out a sound argument showing reasons against. 

n4cer67 #22 Posted Oct 01 2018 - 23:21

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 17056 battles
  • [NAAP] NAAP

View Postcloudwalkr, on Oct 01 2018 - 14:27, said:

ty for putting out a sound argument showing reasons against. 

Thank you. I left it at a level you could understand.

the_dude_76 #23 Posted Oct 02 2018 - 04:28

Major

• Players
  • 32345 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View Postcloudwalkr, on Oct 01 2018 - 11:47, said:

I'm sorry but just because you feel an issue doesn't effect you is still no reason to not have something.  

So take away something from everyone because a minority of people can't handle it. You should apologize any time you take such a stance.

Block Quote

It's about cutting down in the overall toxicity in the game

It wouldn't cut down on toxicity, it would just shift its focus. XVM doesn't turn people into a-holes, those people are already a-holes and will continue to be a-holes whether XVM is allowed or not. 

Block Quote

Edit:  I've also seen players for and against at all skill ranges, so stop trying to pass it off like only one group of players wants something changed.

As have I, but again, the majority of those expressing opposition to XVM are well above average. If you doubt that you can just reread this thread...

cloudwalkr #24 Posted Oct 02 2018 - 17:14

Major

• Players
  • 54530 battles

View Postn4cer67, on Oct 01 2018 - 23:21, said:

Thank you. I left it at a level you could understand.

Lol level I could understand eh?  I'm sure your clan is filled with solid people.

View Postthe_dude_76, on Oct 02 2018 - 04:28, said:

So take away something from everyone because a minority of people can't handle it. You should apologize any time you take such a stance.

It wouldn't cut down on toxicity, it would just shift its focus. XVM doesn't turn people into a-holes, those people are already a-holes and will continue to be a-holes whether XVM is allowed or not. 

As have I, but again, the majority of those expressing opposition to XVM are well above average. If you doubt that you can just reread this thread...

Not everyone uses it.  Youre blowing what I said way out of hand and need to calm down there, kid.

Judging by yours and some other responses in this thread, I'm sure you'd all still be just as toxic, so you're probably right on this one.

You ever think there was a different connection between the fact that a certain group seem to see a problem, but you don't?  Here's a connection I see all the time; Higher intelligence levels in higher rated players.  That's a cold hard truth that many don't want to admit, but there certainly seems to be a connection.  Higher level players tend to have better grammar when they post, better thought out responses other than "it doesn't effect me, so I don't want it" which you've already said that my idea wouldn't even mess with people in your range.   You can't figure out why that might be?  Also, again...to try and claim a majority of any one is complaining more than another in terms of XVM is a personal judgement call at best.  You clearly don't have the ability to understand that just because you feel something wouldn't effect you that it doesn't matter is pretty hilarious.

Anyway, you guys have a good one...

Edited by cloudwalkr, Oct 02 2018 - 17:17.

grandthefttankV #25 Posted Oct 03 2018 - 18:38

Captain

• Players
  • 31435 battles
  • [DBLTG] DBLTG
xvm is FAKE NEWS

the_dude_76 #26 Posted Oct 04 2018 - 00:09

Major

• Players
  • 32345 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View Postcloudwalkr, on Oct 02 2018 - 10:14, said:

You clearly don't have the ability to understand that just because you feel something wouldn't effect you that it doesn't matter is pretty hilarious.

Wow, and you're calling me stupid. This is not in any way shape or form what I've said. I didn't say that it didn't matter, I said I shouldn't be punished for something that only "matters" to a small percentage of the people who use XVM. Just because a few people misuse something isn't an excuse to take it away from everyone. This is a fairly basic concept to anyone over the age of 10. I mean are you actually to dense to grasp what I plainly stated or are you just playing dumb as a way to dodge my point?? I guess it really doesn't matter as both are fairly pathetic.

n4cer67 #27 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 00:39

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 17056 battles
  • [NAAP] NAAP

View Postcloudwalkr, on Oct 02 2018 - 10:14, said:

Lol level I could understand eh?  I'm sure your clan is filled with solid people.

Sorry, but I can't dumb it down any further for you. Yes, my clan is filled with very solid people.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #28 Posted Nov 11 2018 - 08:15

Major

• Players
  • 30451 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostRMxR, on Oct 01 2018 - 01:40, said:

Certain features of XVM should be removed, limited or deactivated:

A lot of players have complained about ''xvm sniping'' in which the ''best'' players are focused by people that use that feature that that allows them to see the wn8 ranking of all players in a battle. An artillery player using this feature will probably focus on a certain player, annoying him to death and forcing him to create a growing hate towards the class. From my perspective and the perspective of some other players this wn8 feature of xvm is also unfair and should be removed because:

•  XVM users, specially the less experienced ones, can be demoralized by just a bunch of multicolor numbers and letters even if the battle hasn't even started. There is evidence that demonstrates that, at least in random battles, xvm fails to predict the outcome of a battle.

• XVM creates an elitist community in which the worst valued players are considered the worst type of scum. The game itself has its own ranking system but this one is less problematic. This XVM tool should be only useful for clans actively egaged in highly competitive battles.

• XVM negatively affects the randomness and experience-based playstile of the game. It's unfair that ANYONE, regardless of how skilled and exprienced they are, has access to vital information such as who are the most dangerous players of the enemy team. Focusing on certain players can be done without using xvm but it requires exerience, situational awareness and attention on details which are characteristics that every player should be developing if they want to enjoy and make sense of the game, i don't use xvm and i learned to focus on certain players for basic things like: paying attention to which enemy players are doing good and causing mayhem, looking at the marks of excellence of certain players, looking at the clan tag of certain players, looking at the vehicles that the players use. Removing this feature of xvm or deactivating it for certain types of battles could reduce the already annoying nature of artillery and make the game a more enjoyable place.

What are your thoughts guys?, any opinion is welcomed.

CONFIRMATION BIAS......please learn the term.   Unicum youtubers that have posted their arty damge logs(a mod) show no more damage from arty than other players.  This "arty focus" is nothing more than confirmation bias.  Logs clearly show that no more than 30% of all players have XVM.....and less than 4% of arty players have it.  Usually the ones that do have it, are the skilled players doing missions.  So if they're getting focused, it's by their own skilled players.  Cry some moar.

As for XVM, wake up.....even if it went away, something else would quickly rise in it's place.  That's how things work.  You even state taht without XVM you use clan tags....what a [edited] hypocrite.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #29 Posted Nov 11 2018 - 08:18

Major

• Players
  • 30451 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostDrone157, on Oct 01 2018 - 02:41, said:

I often get focused by arty, and after running XVM(Which tells you who else is running it) I noticed something peculiar.

I was NOT getting XVM sniped, instead I am focused because I am aggressive, in the open, or in a strong position or easy targets.

Basically, arty will try to kill the problem tanks, usually driven by good players.

I’ve recently reinstalled XVM but disabled in-battle stats. I like seeing my own progress and enjoy seeing detailed info without going to a website.

It is a tool that provides little in-game advantage anymore, and all the issues people have is their problem, not the tool’s.

Good on your for being one of the few that are able to admit that getting "focused" is total [edited].

EmperorJuliusCaesar #30 Posted Nov 11 2018 - 08:26

Major

• Players
  • 30451 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostRMxR, on Oct 01 2018 - 04:06, said:

Some of you have mentioned a fog of war feature or not showing players' name, those are good options i like the idea of having to spot an enemy to show it in the team list but what about artillery or almost invisible tanks?. I think WG hasn't added this feature because they anticipate that the players will be even more confused and might not realize there are enemy tanks that haven't been killed, while the fog of war feature is a bit more difficult to implement, the "nameless" tanks feature is more viable.

View PostDrone157, on Sep 30 2018 - 13:41, said:

I often get focused by arty, and after running XVM(Which tells you who else is running it) I noticed something peculiar.

I was NOT getting XVM sniped, instead I am focused because I am aggressive, in the open, or in a strong position or easy targets.

Basically, arty will try to kill the problem tanks, usually driven by good players.

I’ve recently reinstalled XVM but disabled in-battle stats. I like seeing my own progress and enjoy seeing detailed info without going to a website.

It is a tool that provides little in-game advantage anymore, and all the issues people have is their problem, not the tool’s.

Even if xvm reputation depends on who use it and how, it's the essence of xvm itself that kills the so wanted randomness and skillfullness of this game. It gives intel to any player without any real effort.

WG has already stated that no changes of the sort will happen, period.  The method that clan wars uses "fog of war" already causes a lot of stress on the server and they've stated as such and that these types of changes will not happen. 

XVM is a tool, it does not add to, nor take away from skill.

PLAYERS MUST ADAPT to the game, not adapt the game to the players.

Also tagged with Arty, XVM sniping, xvm

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users