222 replies to this topic

xrays_ #41 Posted Oct 01 2018 - 06:54

Major

• Players
  • 49102 battles
  • [FELOW] FELOW

View Postdunniteowl, on Sep 30 2018 - 22:44, said:

I'll tell you WHY you and all the other Anti-Arty Players hate arty:

It takes away your sense of control over what happens in the match.

Well said.

x.

CynicalDutchie #42 Posted Oct 01 2018 - 07:39

Major

• Players
  • 40746 battles
  • [CYNIC] CYNIC

View PostHaruhi_Suzumiya_, on Oct 01 2018 - 02:46, said:

Yes, we should also nerf the heavy tanks with 750 and 650 alpha like the E-100, 60TP, and Obj705A while we're at it. We can't allow them to shoot us while they're in front, can't we?

Agreed, everything with more than 500 alpha needs a serious rebalance. Either that or they need to double the amount of hitpoints available at high tiers, T10 especially.

n4cer67 #43 Posted Oct 01 2018 - 19:20

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 17057 battles
  • [NAAP] NAAP
Want an option then go play blitz or one of the other games.

n4cer67 #44 Posted Oct 01 2018 - 19:24

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 17057 battles
  • [NAAP] NAAP

View PostClydeCooper421, on Sep 30 2018 - 19:41, said:

TDs still require direct line of sight. arty does not. 

l'd actually like to see how long the queue times would actually be if there was a no arty option. 

It more than likely wouldn't work but i'm still curious as to how long exactly it would take

SPG's need other tanks to spot the enemy for them. They have no magic view that automatically shows the location of each enemy tank. 

n4cer67 #45 Posted Oct 01 2018 - 19:29

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 17057 battles
  • [NAAP] NAAP

View PostVooDooKobra, on Sep 30 2018 - 20:07, said:

yet there has been a lot of controversy about seperating skill levels and mods.  so my question stands why shouldnt they get the fair play they want in a game like those who dont want to play with arty?  games do not in general put limiters in their code unless the player can create their own server.  since that is not the case i dont see them working here. 

after all it is win win with limiters right?

WG doesn't need to give players the ability to create their own servers, it would ruin the game.

n4cer67 #46 Posted Oct 01 2018 - 19:35

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 17057 battles
  • [NAAP] NAAP

View PostCynicalDutchie, on Oct 01 2018 - 00:39, said:

Agreed, everything with more than 500 alpha needs a serious rebalance. Either that or they need to double the amount of hitpoints available at high tiers, T10 especially.

LOL, no. Different guns have different power. You want low alpha then stick to teir 1.

CynicalDutchie #47 Posted Oct 01 2018 - 19:59

Major

• Players
  • 40746 battles
  • [CYNIC] CYNIC

View Postn4cer67, on Oct 01 2018 - 19:35, said:

LOL, no. Different guns have different power. You want low alpha then stick to teir 1.

God forbid we have any semblance of balance in this game right? It's perfectly doable to have guns with different amounts of alpha in a reasonable range (300-500 for example at T10) without going overboard with 20 750+ alpha guns

n4cer67 #48 Posted Oct 01 2018 - 23:24

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 17057 battles
  • [NAAP] NAAP

View PostCynicalDutchie, on Oct 01 2018 - 12:59, said:

God forbid we have any semblance of balance in this game right? It's perfectly doable to have guns with different amounts of alpha in a reasonable range (300-500 for example at T10) without going overboard with 20 750+ alpha guns

Why should we? Nothing is ever really truly balanced. Again, some tanks have much stronger guns than others but they have trade offs for that extra damage.

Gunadie #49 Posted Oct 02 2018 - 00:02

Major

• Players
  • 41447 battles

Oh Yaaa!

A bunch of different game modes where they just eliminate a whole class of tanks!

One for no scouts

One for no TD's 

One for no Heavies

One for no Mediums

One for no Autoloaders

And then we can have a bunch of other ones that include

No Premium shells 

ie. one with no TD's with no premium rounds

All the way down the list

And then lets have the same for all Camo removed because I Think the Camo and vision system is broken as well

After all these we can have separate subcategories where certain maps are eliminated 

This list will go on and on.

What a wonderful idea you have regurgitated that has been broached at least 1000 times in these forums! 

VooDooKobra #50 Posted Oct 02 2018 - 01:29

Major

• Players
  • 8373 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View Postn4cer67, on Oct 01 2018 - 11:29, said:

WG doesn't need to give players the ability to create their own servers, it would ruin the game.

I agree i was just using that as an example from the last time i saw a game give people the ability to keep game elements they do not like out of their games.  it was years ago though, dont really see that much anymore

View PostGunadie, on Oct 01 2018 - 16:02, said:

Oh Yaaa!

A bunch of different game modes where they just eliminate a whole class of tanks!

One for no scouts

One for no TD's 

One for no Heavies

One for no Mediums

One for no Autoloaders

No Premium shells 

And then lets have the same for all Camo removed because I Think the Camo and vision system is broken as well

After all these we can have separate subcategories where certain maps are eliminated 

What a wonderful idea you have regurgitated that has been broached at least 1000 times in these forums! 

yep cause we gotta be fair in this win win right?

ramp4ge #51 Posted Oct 02 2018 - 01:51

Major

• Special Beta Testers
  • 333 battles

There is an option to play without artillery.

It's called World of Tanks Blitz.

Visually, it's an old version of World of Tanks. Smaller maps, smaller teams, 1-tier matchmaking spread, no artillery. 

WhineMaker #52 Posted Oct 02 2018 - 03:12

Major

• Players
  • 34062 battles

View PostGunadie, on Oct 01 2018 - 15:02, said:

Oh Yaaa!

One for no scouts

One for no TD's 

One for no Heavies

One for no Mediums

One for no Autoloaders

No Premium shells 

Can I have the "no platoons" option please? :B

shoe123 #53 Posted Oct 02 2018 - 14:25

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30775 battles

View Postdunniteowl, on Oct 01 2018 - 02:39, said:

I wouldn't mind a No Fast LTs, or No ELC-25s, or No I Don't Care Which Unit, so that I can tailor my game to my needs and desires instead of just playing the damn game the way it was designed.

Oh, wait.  No I don't.  I don't care.  I play the game and the game includes all these things, like them or not.  When I played old school board Mech Warrior, some folks complained about Clan Tech being OP or unfair.  You know what I told them?

It's in the game.

Same thing with what this game comes with.  You want a different game, go find one or make one.

I am so very tired of this attitude by so many that think, "I think the game should be like THIS, so I want it like that and if they don't then the game is wrong."

Now, OP, I'm not saying you are doing this.  Well, you are sort of, actually.  You are at least genteel about it.  So many others simply cannot hack the game as it stands and -- for some reason inexplicable, decide the Developers must have been wrong about what they intended and demand -- yes DEMAND -- it be changed.

I wish all those threats of, "If this won't change then I won't play no more," were acted upon.  The game and these forums would be so much nicer if folks could simply agree on this:

The game came this way and it's designed to be played this way.  

OvO

WHile i understand what your saying “ play it or don’t” it reminds me of a time when i moved to a small town and all they had was a single Walmart.... The service there sucked. They were always out of items we needed, the place was dirty, the additudes of the people sucked. I hated that place...BUT... unless i wanted to drive for 2 hours this was my only option...Didn’t stop me from complaining to them every chance i got though.

When armored warfare came i ran to it imeadiatly. I really liked what they had going...BUT they brought in arty and guided missles. I think the reason you hear us complaining so much is at least for me, I’m a paying customer and usually a customer gets some say in what they want...Unfortunately, they are the ONLY game of tanks right now. AW and WT are just not worth the effort or too similar to tanks. But as God is my witness if someone ever makes a WOT  game that truly fixes arty... Ill be gone and you can say good riddance to paying folks like me.

RickEdwards #54 Posted Oct 02 2018 - 16:51

Sergeant

• Players
  • 25580 battles
  • [NISHI] NISHI

Rather than an option, it should be that if you have arty in your garage you see arty in games and if you have no arty in your garage you do not see arty in in games.

See how quickly everyone sells off their arty; that'll truly show how many people hate arty compared to those who like it.

dunniteowl #55 Posted Oct 02 2018 - 17:48

Major

• -Players-
  • 22680 battles

View Postshoe123, on Oct 02 2018 - 07:25, said:

WHile i understand what your saying “ play it or don’t” it reminds me of a time when i moved to a small town and all they had was a single Walmart.... The service there sucked. They were always out of items we needed, the place was dirty, the additudes of the people sucked. I hated that place...BUT... unless i wanted to drive for 2 hours this was my only option...Didn’t stop me from complaining to them every chance i got though.

When armored warfare came i ran to it imeadiatly. I really liked what they had going...BUT they brought in arty and guided missles. I think the reason you hear us complaining so much is at least for me, I’m a paying customer and usually a customer gets some say in what they want...Unfortunately, they are the ONLY game of tanks right now. AW and WT are just not worth the effort or too similar to tanks. But as God is my witness if someone ever makes a WOT  game that truly fixes arty... Ill be gone and you can say good riddance to paying folks like me.

And that has absolutely NO BEARING on the game.  Your analogy does not address any issue with the game as a 'real life' example.  Walmart being the only game in town means you have to go get a new game.  That's called competition.  You can complain that you need stuff in Walmart that should be there, but those are Real Life Necessities, I would wager and have no bearing or connection to the OPs sentiment that there should be more choices in the game to cater to the crowds.

First off, this isn't a store.  Secondly, nothing in this game has any bearing on any Real Life Example vis-a-vis comparisons to shopping at a One Store Town.  This is what I would call a 'disconnect' in an 'argument' (wherein we understand the word 'argument' is treated more academically to mean a position taken) where it looks like a good comparison, though actually is not.

Walmart Makes NOTHING.  It sells stuff.  Yes, WG sells stuff, though I haven't bought a single thing, so... obviously the difference between my 'dirty' garage and a 'clean' one (me paying gets a clean garage, which is less appealing to my eyes on the screen -- I've WON premium time and have seen the clean) is me paying money for Premium.  At that point, we can start talking the difference between Walmart and WGs economic model.

As to their stock on hand?  Okay, what's missing in WGs inventory?  What are they out of?  How dirty and unappealing are their shelves and racks?

See how that works?  The comparison is too poor to carry weight.  I get where you're coming from.  Customer Service is where that needs to go, right?  Then we are again having to compare WGs CS with Walmart's with regard to their responsiveness.  You could probably make a case there, however, that's nothing to do with the playing of the game or the components within it, compared to stock on hand on shelves in a store.  Which we cannot do.

This is ALL about folks wanting it their way.  You would have been better off making a comparison to Burger King, where you can have it YOUR WAY. 

I appreciate where you're coming from.  

That said, nothing you said changes any of the points I made.  They are simply another way of looking at it from a perspective that indicates you'd like the choice.  You do have the choice.  Just not here in the PC version.  There is another choice -- accept that arty is here in this game and it's not going away.  This ain't Burger King.

OvO

Haruhi_Suzumiya_ #56 Posted Oct 02 2018 - 18:56

Major

• Players
  • 34085 battles

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Oct 01 2018 - 02:49, said:

Again, can I have the option to play without the people that are always asking to remove a class of armour in this game..?

I thought my point was made 'loud and clear' earlier, but I guess not...:facepalm:

I did not reply to your comment, or did I? Can you read [edited]? 

Mr__Buttons #57 Posted Oct 02 2018 - 19:29

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 57448 battles
  • [-ZOO-] -ZOO-
I want the option to read the forum without the daily useless arty threads.

OP you have a better chance of winning a Nobel prize than having this thread do anything....

RickEdwards #58 Posted Oct 03 2018 - 00:42

Sergeant

• Players
  • 25580 battles
  • [NISHI] NISHI

View PostMr__Buttons, on Oct 02 2018 - 19:29, said:

I want the option to read the forum without the daily useless arty threads.

OP you have a better chance of winning a Nobel prize than having this thread do anything....

That is an option; just don't read the forums. All that's on here is useless.

WhineMaker #59 Posted Oct 03 2018 - 01:03

Major

• Players
  • 34062 battles

View PostRickEdwards, on Oct 02 2018 - 07:51, said:

Rather than an option, it should be that if you have arty in your garage you see arty in games and if you have no arty in your garage you do not see arty in in games.

See how quickly everyone sells off their arty; that'll truly show how many people hate arty compared to those who like it.

View PostRickEdwards, on Oct 02 2018 - 15:42, said:

Using your logic... :great:

Don't want to play with arty... 

Can you say "WoT Blitz"?

Arty free, all the time...

So there you go, your problem with arty is solved... :arta:

dunniteowl #60 Posted Oct 03 2018 - 02:34

Major

• -Players-
  • 22680 battles

View PostRickEdwards, on Oct 02 2018 - 17:42, said:

And yet, here you are.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users