Is there really no full sound mod guide/ Documentation?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

The_Illusive_Man #1 Posted Oct 01 2018 - 20:31

Major

• -Players-
  • 13326 battles

This is the only good sound mod guide I can find: http://forum.worldof...nd-logical-way. It helped me make my star trek sound mod (waiting approval on site). But there are other sounds I want to change. Like the camo net sound. I have a cloaking sound, and want that as it.... Does anyone know of a guide, or want to make one?

BTW, ive submitted a ticket to WG to see if they will give me any help...

Allan Langley

SOLVED

Hello The_Illusive_Man,

Thanks for contacting Wargaming Support.

We understand that you'd like a guide on how to make a sound mod. Unfortunately, we don't keep any official guides around or documentation around for this. We suggest contacting mod authors who have experience in doing them. Have you also tried the forums?

We hope this information helps and should you need any further clarifications, feel free to get back to us any time.

Good luck and see you on the battlefield! 

Guess not.....

Edited by The_Illusive_Man, Oct 01 2018 - 20:47.

Bolted_On #2 Posted Oct 01 2018 - 21:08

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 64174 battles
  • [SFL] SFL
All I can tell you is that I found out that making sound mods or modpacks is no easy task.   I'm a retired programmer (used 12 different languages), and downloaded a copy of the old FMOD tool that was used in the past, thinking "no problem, I'll make some sound modpack...".    After spending a couple of days trying to figure out FMOD, I just gave up, it wasn't worth the trouble.  Even though my programming experience is extensive, you literally have to be an experienced sound engineer to make that stuff work.  It was an entirely different language and set of techniques and protocols, which I just wasn't willing to commit the time to learn.   But good luck in your efforts.  

The_Illusive_Man #3 Posted Oct 01 2018 - 21:25

Major

• -Players-
  • 13326 battles

View PostBolted_On, on Oct 01 2018 - 17:08, said:

All I can tell you is that I found out that making sound mods or modpacks is no easy task.   I'm a retired programmer (used 12 different languages), and downloaded a copy of the old FMOD tool that was used in the past, thinking "no problem, I'll make some sound modpack...".    After spending a couple of days trying to figure out FMOD, I just gave up, it wasn't worth the trouble.  Even though my programming experience is extensive, you literally have to be an experienced sound engineer to make that stuff work.  It was an entirely different language and set of techniques and protocols, which I just wasn't willing to commit the time to learn.   But good luck in your efforts.  

Its all done in Wwise now.. Really easy to do. BUT you need to know the names of the events....

The_Illusive_Man #4 Posted Oct 01 2018 - 22:40

Major

• -Players-
  • 13326 battles

I got it done..... Not as hard as I thought it was going to be...

Follow this, but change it for damaged_modules....

http://cdn-frm-eu.wa...-1467265231.txt

https://www.dropbox....5.6619.pdf?dl=0

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users