need help with view from tank

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

3rd_CAV #1 Posted Oct 02 2018 - 22:04

Private

• Players
  • 11752 battles

I recently bought a new windows ten computer. Had not been playing much since old computer just was not working well with game.

I do not seem to be able to change view of tank commander to be behind tank a bit. always like you are standing in turret. Also cannot zoom in sniper mode like used to. 

Can someone advise me on this please

Maltfourti #2 Posted Oct 02 2018 - 22:56

Captain

• Players
  • 46335 battles
it should have defaulted to your mouse wheel. Disconnect and reconnect it.

banziduck #3 Posted Oct 03 2018 - 12:51

Captain

• Players
  • 22738 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

Strange one for sure, make sure all your commands are set correctly maybe even go back to default.  What happens when you hit the tab key do you go into sniper mode?

dunniteowl #4 Posted Oct 03 2018 - 16:04

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

Are you using a touch-pad on a laptop?

If so, GET A REAL MOUSE -- well, not a real one, they'll poop everywhere and eat your Cheerios -- a computer Mouse.  

If this is not the case, then I am not sure what to tell you.  I checked the Game Client and there is NO SETTING for Sniper Zoom key-mapping, which means that it SHOULD ALWAYS be the Mouse Scroll Wheel and nothing else.

This is why I asked about you using a touchpad.  There is no official "Scroll" function on touch-pads unless you double tap the pad, then slide your finger, which is hard to do when you're also piloting, aiming and avoiding being hit.

More input might be necessary to sort you out.

OvO

3rd_CAV #5 Posted Oct 03 2018 - 22:22

Private

• Players
  • 11752 battles

dunniteowl, you crack me up. But you are correct, using touchpad on laptop. Seemed to work fine on old laptop. 

I did not find any setting that I could tie a key too these functions. So I guess it makes sense. 

I will buy a real mouse, well not a real mouse cause I don't want it to eat my cherrios or crapon my computer. LOL

dunniteowl #6 Posted Oct 04 2018 - 02:33

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

One is happy to be of service. 

I use a wireless mouse on the space between the keyboard, the edge of the touchpad and the spot under the keypad.  It's about the size of a 3"x5" card.  That's my control surface.  I play on an old laptop (made in 2010) that runs on lowest settings with wireless internet to my home from 7+ miles away.  I need all the advantages I can get!

I'm also left-handed and, in my particular case it works out better.  I play most sports right-handed and play the guitar right handed (which I believe is really left-handed) and am what I call semi-ambidextrous.  I have used my right hand to operate a mouse for so long now, that I am not sure I could go back to a lefty position and play games anymore.  A long time ago it was mouse in my left hand and my right hand operated the keypad and keyboard.  Now it's the other way around and I'm doing okay.

Hang in there and please feel free to ask more questions that are game related.  You can totally get away with using a wireless mouse in the manner I describe left or right-handed.

GL, HF & HSYBF!

OvO

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users