Jump to content


Need Help at making skins


  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Polish_Sausage_With_Pony #1 Posted Oct 04 2018 - 14:07

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 20 battles
  • 9
  • Member since:
    08-06-2018

Hi.

 

I decided to  try make a skin on my own,but I'm a bit confused.The problem is I have watched 2 tutorials and both looks diffrent plus there are 2 folders in the vehicles_level_10_hd.

 

The tutorials 

https://www.youtube....h?v=b7UaIfLkjmc

https://www.youtube....wS9Oqx08&t=337s

 

Folders:

https://zapodaj.net/...ebb225.png.html

https://zapodaj.net/...978b06.png.html

 

I don't know why there can't be only 1 folder for each tank,also models looks much diffrent than on the tutorials.

 



BLACKOUT_66 #2 Posted Oct 04 2018 - 16:43

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 26390 battles
  • 12
  • [CROWS] CROWS
  • Member since:
    06-07-2014

Hi Polish Sausage,

I absolutely love making my own tank skins. I think what you are noticing in the tutorial videos is that they are using the SD files for those tanks before they were updated to HD. So you will have to use HD files from here on out. Don't worry so much about them being in two folders. You'll just have to upload 2 folders instead of one. That is a change since the update of vehicles into HD. Just learn what each file type is, so you know how to create your skins. I'll play around with this after work to make sure. You can PM me in the garage if want.



Polish_Sausage_With_Pony #3 Posted Oct 04 2018 - 18:21

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 20 battles
  • 9
  • Member since:
    08-06-2018

View PostBLACKOUT_66, on Oct 04 2018 - 16:43, said:

Hi Polish Sausage,

I absolutely love making my own tank skins. I think what you are noticing in the tutorial videos is that they are using the SD files for those tanks before they were updated to HD. So you will have to use HD files from here on out. Don't worry so much about them being in two folders. You'll just have to upload 2 folders instead of one. That is a change since the update of vehicles into HD. Just learn what each file type is, so you know how to create your skins. I'll play around with this after work to make sure. You can PM me in the garage if want.

 

 

Thanks for help and to be honest someone should make some new tutorials for the HD tanks :)

 

I hope when I paste 1 folder to 2nd nothing will crash :)



JLdragon #4 Posted Oct 25 2018 - 04:06

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 17378 battles
  • 465
  • [MISF] MISF
  • Member since:
    02-14-2012

ok so got some goodies for you that may be of help.

  • Here is the actual G56 E 100 Folder with all the primitives, visual, processed, etc files in all LoD, Normal, and track folders and locations. Has all SD / HD.DDS files in the main folder directory and work correctly. All of this should help you better then what ya have going atm. I used Tank Exporter to extract all the info in the folder. Google Drive Download Link
  • Just click on the blue download button that appears in the middle of your screen
  • Here is a link to my Photoshop guide that may be of some use to you, It's posted here as well on the forums. LINK
  • Coffee_'s Tank Exporter, By far the best software to fully extract, Export, and Import .FBX, Tank models and Remodels. LINK4
  • Make sure to read the HELPpages to better familiarize yourself with this Program. Pretty much a 1 stop shop for Tank Remodeling / recoloring.

 

And if you need any further assist with understanding on how to go about recoloring / saving the .DDS files, don't Hesistate to ask here or pop me a PM. I will do what I can to help when I am of available time between tank remodels.

 



Polish_Sausage_With_Pony #5 Posted Oct 28 2018 - 19:01

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 20 battles
  • 9
  • Member since:
    08-06-2018

View PostJLdragon, on Oct 25 2018 - 04:06, said:

ok so got some goodies for you that may be of help.

  • Here is the actual G56 E 100 Folder with all the primitives, visual, processed, etc files in all LoD, Normal, and track folders and locations. Has all SD / HD.DDS files in the main folder directory and work correctly. All of this should help you better then what ya have going atm. I used Tank Exporter to extract all the info in the folder. Google Drive Download Link
  • Just click on the blue download button that appears in the middle of your screen
  • Here is a link to my Photoshop guide that may be of some use to you, It's posted here as well on the forums. LINK
  • Coffee_'s Tank Exporter, By far the best software to fully extract, Export, and Import .FBX, Tank models and Remodels. LINK4
  • Make sure to read the HELPpages to better familiarize yourself with this Program. Pretty much a 1 stop shop for Tank Remodeling / recoloring.

 

And if you need any further assist with understanding on how to go about recoloring / saving the .DDS files, don't Hesistate to ask here or pop me a PM. I will do what I can to help when I am of available time between tank remodels.

 

 

Thanks for help,unfortunately I don't have photoshop.if nothing changed and if I'm not wrong photoshop isn't free.

I want to ask for what I need .FBX?

And why you didn't make any YouTube video tutorial (too much to read :P)



carbornium #6 Posted Oct 29 2018 - 11:06

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 30601 battles
  • 47
  • Member since:
    01-28-2012
First of three tutorial videos:
https://www.youtube....HnwcG-fiy8&t=4s

Edited by carbornium, Oct 29 2018 - 11:10.


Polish_Sausage_With_Pony #7 Posted Nov 01 2018 - 12:31

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 20 battles
  • 9
  • Member since:
    08-06-2018

View Postcarbornium, on Oct 29 2018 - 11:06, said:

First of three tutorial videos:
https://www.youtube....HnwcG-fiy8&t=4s

 

 

Not but,but you said in the vol.3 about doing something more.Are you going to do some more videos? maybe something with puting images on the tank and how to put image/vectors on the same place in the 1 part of the turrent and  on the other side.Rotating images etc.


Edited by Polish_Sausage_With_Pony, Nov 01 2018 - 22:02.


carbornium #8 Posted Nov 05 2018 - 11:10

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 30601 battles
  • 47
  • Member since:
    01-28-2012
yes, I will. just short of time at the moment.




2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users