Preferential Matchmaking Vehicles in Update 1.2

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

Isola_di_Fano #41 Posted Oct 05 2018 - 01:12

Major

• Players
  • 21748 battles

View PostBenjeeh_CA, on Oct 04 2018 - 14:09, said:

I wish they went through with all the changes and pmm removal made some of these tanks worth playing 

What PMM removal are you talking about ?

Eibhleann #42 Posted Oct 05 2018 - 02:46

Private

• Players
  • 8528 battles
So the post on the site mentions "All 10 preferential vehicles currently in the game", which I assume is ignoring the alternate variations since they've already been mentioned to have been covered (Alpine Tiger for example), but the AT-15A isn't listed there, along with many others (The Matila BP and Matila IV for example). Are these changes only going to cover the tier 8 premium tanks, and the lower tiers neglected? Or are the tier 8 prems just the current focus with hope for the lower tiers at a later time?

Also, as far as the matchmaking changes go, could we have some way to play our preferential tanks with friends who don't own a preferential tank of that tier? Say, let them take a tech-tree vehicle one tier lower than our pref tank? This is something we used to do as a workaround to this issue. Which has since been made impossible. It's really frustrating to see the pref tanks being phased out, but nothing being done to make them compatible for platoon mates who don't own pref tanks of the same tier. Currently the only way to play pref tanks with folks who don't have them is to screw ourselves and the rest of our team by bringing an inadequate tank into a battle with tiers they aren't designed to handle.

Edited by Eibhleann, Oct 05 2018 - 02:50.

IchBinDerTankBuster #43 Posted Oct 05 2018 - 03:13

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18360 battles
  • [SCTN8] SCTN8

If you're going to buff the Type 59 SELL THE DAMN THING! I blew over $200 on gift boxes last Christmas and still don't have one. I don't get why it's so damn difficult to put it in the premium shop when you've put the Hydro, the E25 and even the Mutant in there in the last year or so.

Nice to see some buffs to the T-34-3, but for God's sake GIVE THE THING SOME MORE POWER! Horsepower I mean.

I still have my KV-5 only because it's just about worthless when I try to sell it. Unless I'm really desperate for a million credits one day it will just sit there an collect dust. Everyone knows to just shoot the R2D2, so if you can't hide it you're just screwed. I don't see how repeated hits to a done continue to count as full damage to an otherwise undamaged tank - it just doesn't make sense. It's not an engine, gun or radio - or anything else that would affect the ability to perform aside from the crew member in there being wounded/killed. Regardless, that needs to be fixed if the KV-5 remains in the game or is ever worth putting back into the premium shop again.

IchBinDerTankBuster #44 Posted Oct 05 2018 - 03:20

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18360 battles
  • [SCTN8] SCTN8

View PostArrowfoot, on Oct 04 2018 - 10:22, said:

So WG is still at it, over thinking a problem. All proffered MM vehicles were intended to face more lower tiered vehicles with a few same tier and very few higher tier.   There is a simple fix for this just drop all PMM by one tier. and leave the stats alone. Sadly WG is bound and determined to make all of the tier 8 PMM vehicles face tier 10 tanks as the main reason for the new MM format is to feed tier 10 tanks a steady stream of lower tier tanks while facing fewer tier 10s so the purple people eaters can keep their all important stats looking good. The proof of this is the top down way they fill the Q. All they would have to do is go to a bottom up fill system and must of the true issues would be fixed, except of course feeding tier 8s to tier 10s.

WARGAMING, ARE YOU LISTENING??? This is a far better fix than all these buffs and rebalancing.

In the end though as others here have said, the CORE PROBLEM is the stupid match maker. As I've said in every survey - until you fix the MM by including personal rating into the mix, the game will continue to go downhill. Being on a team with 14 46% or less WR players against a purple or 2, a couple of blue and some bright green players will ALWAYS get the same result - a fast wipeout game that (especially in the lower tiers) makes players click the little red X and go play something else. If you'd group ranges of player rating with a certain percentage of overlap THEN games would be much more balanced. It would also prevent the noob rush to tier 10 who has no idea how things work getting there and then just getting his [edited]handed to him in 2 minutes every round. I'd be all for a minimum game limit to own certain tier tanks to help keep the gene pool from being too muddy.

Haruhi_Suzumiya_ #45 Posted Oct 05 2018 - 03:34

Major

• Players
  • 33817 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO
FCM 50t, the preferential Tier 8 heavy that was already better than the AMX CDC, arguably one of the worst tier 8s, yet WG buffs it instead of buffing the CDC first which faces tier 10s. And the buffs aren't going to make the FCM more ENJOYABLE to play because the biggest gripes were the soft gun stats and worthless turret armor penned by tier 5s. Awesome gun dep buff but otherwise quite a wasted opportunity from WG.

ramp4ge #46 Posted Oct 05 2018 - 04:13

Major

• Special Beta Testers
  • 333 battles

Some of those penetration figures are still pathetic. I mean, the JT88 for example. 212 pen? You've got 2 other tier 8 German premium TDs with +-250 pen with the standard round.

This is still a horrible idea.

What about premium tanks below tier 8? Are they keeping their preferential matchmaking?

Isola_di_Fano #47 Posted Oct 05 2018 - 04:27

Major

• Players
  • 21748 battles

View PostIchBinDerTankBuster, on Oct 04 2018 - 21:20, said:

Being on a team with 14 46% or less WR players against a purple or 2, a couple of blue and some bright green players will ALWAYS get the same result - a fast wipeout game that (especially in the lower tiers) makes players click the little red X and go play something else

As annoying/frustrating as it might be it does not happen that often and, being well above the 50% mark I suspect that you can manage just fine.

As for dropping all those pref MM 1 tier .. can you imagine tier 5s having to face them .... 

For the heck of it I'd run my Jagdtiger 8.8 non stop !

View Postramp4ge, on Oct 04 2018 - 22:13, said:

Some of those penetration figures are still pathetic. I mean, the JT88 for example. 212 pen? You've got 2 other tier 8 German premium TDs with +-250 pen with the standard round.

This is still a horrible idea.

What about premium tanks below tier 8? Are they keeping their preferential matchmaking?

Pref MM below tier 8 will be addressed once WG is satisfied with whatever the results will be with the tier 8 pref MM tanks.

And honestly, most tier 7 and lower pref MM tanks are doing just fine.

Elusivesouls #48 Posted Oct 05 2018 - 04:34

Private

• -Players-
  • 1759 battles

View PostAltwar, on Oct 04 2018 - 18:13, said:

Problem with this analogy is that when you buy a car, you own it.  Its yours.  Look in your garage/driveway/car port and there it is.  If the zombie apocalypse comes, its still yours, though you may have no fuel to make it run and you'll have to deal with pesky survivors who no longer respect your ownership papers.

With these tanks, you buy a virtual usage.  Its yours only as long as WoT is around.  If the zombie apocalypse comes, you'll no longer have a reliable power source to power up and the WoT server will likely be gone, especially as its already been infiltrated with zombies for years.  Thus, our tanks, pref mm and otherwise will no longer exist but in memories.

A lazy analogy on my part during a work break but hopefully you get the point.  I'd rather Wargaming not futz around with my pref mm tanks either when they could focus on things like bringing Dragon Ridge back.

Meanwhile I'll leave it to the objective, better informed minds than mine to detail if this latest information means good or bad things ahead.

That's literally the worst analogy you could use even considering you said it was lazy.

For one, most people finance cars and don't own it for the first few years. A bank does. Second, if your car is destroyed in a wreck, its destroyed, and you no longer have it.  You have insurance to cover it and usually get reimbursed for the market value of the car so you can buy a new one.  You pay for a car with certain features and you pay for the right to own it, drive it off the lot, and use it.  People pay money to purchase or to have the right to play a 'premium' tank based on its stats at that given moment just like people who pay for specific features in a car and expect it to be the same each day they drive it.  Feature-wise.

Changing the stats after the point of sale is literally like being able to 'bait and switch' someone after the point of sale in any other scenario.  For example, I'll use Tesla which with a simple firmware update can give customers access to extended battery life but only to customers that paid for it.  Otherwise its locked.  Imagine if Tesla charged you for the access to the extended battery (which they actually do) and then a few months later  decided to disable it simply because it made the car unblanced in the eyes of other customers.  That shouldn't matter.  You paid for an advertised product for its benefit and it should not be changed/altered/removed because others, who didn't pay for it, find it to be imbalanced or unfair.

I'm not saying there's a win/win here.  There isn't.  Premium tanks should be balanced from the start and if they are changed/altered at any point, people who paid for them should be offered the ability to request a full refund since the product is no longer the exact same as what they originally purchased. That's not going to happen. If anything, this will help make sure I don't purchase any additional premiums from Wargaming since I can't be promised that it will remain the same product that I purchased throughout the remainder of its lifespan (aka the lifespan of the game itself).

Edited by Elusivesouls, Oct 05 2018 - 04:40.

HeavyCalibre #49 Posted Oct 05 2018 - 04:36

Corporal

• Players
  • 26701 battles

I hope the FCM 50t is changed to become a MEDIUM tank which it really is. I don't see any improvement in the armor on it, it is easily dispatched with 2 or 3 enemy shells. I don't care for more HP or a bit better gun depression. This whole tank frankly is a depression and depresses me as it is so big and so thin.

WoT I would like to have a refund please and I promise that I will spend the refunded money on other premium tanks and if any left over, on PREMIUM days. So WoT will NOT LOSE ANY MONEY and I will be satisfied.

Thank you,

Konigwolfen #50 Posted Oct 05 2018 - 05:18

Captain

• Players
  • 23236 battles
  • [BFPA] BFPA

View PostSaint_Metagross, on Oct 04 2018 - 19:51, said:

They are showing, basically, the base stats of the tank with only a 100% crew and no modules equipped.  In short, 5.1s is the base with 100% crew, now, throw in your modules...and you will have a reload closer to what you put there.

And if you do not believe me, unequip your modules and replace the crew with 50% members...

A 100% crew means the loader is a 110% 'loader' due to the Commander's 10% bonus. Meaning the stats seen with a 100% crew are not actually equal to the listed fire rate of the gun itself.

At base the gun has a fire rate of 11.1, this has a reload time of 5.40540.

The 1.2 changes reduced the reload time to 5.1 seconds, which is a reduction of 0.30540. This means the gun will now have a fire rate of 11.765.

In order to get the listed fire rate you would need a 100% crew, but without a commander. This drops the loaders proficiency down to 100% flat. Now I dont think I need to explain this to you, but no one is going to be able to drive a tank without a commander, so showing us stats that are only accurate when a 100% crew has no commander is rather silly.

With just a 100% loader the new reload speed is 5.1 seconds.

Current damage per minute: 2664

New damage per minute: 2824 [+160]

With a full 100% Crew the new reload drops to 4.9 seconds.

Current damage per minute: 2781

New damage per minute: 2939 [+158]

With a 100% Crew and vents the new reload drops to 4.78 seconds.

Current damage per minute: 2844

New damage per minute: 3013 [+169]

With a 100% Crew and vents with BiA the new reload drops to 4.68 seconds.

Current damage per minute: 2907

New damage per minute: 3077 [+170]

With a 100% Crew with vents, BiA, and a rammer the new reload will be 4.22 seconds.

Current damage per minute: 3231

New damage per minute: 3412 [+181]

With a 100% Crew with vents, BiA, rammer, and food the new reload drops to 4.04 seconds.

Current damage per minute: 3371

New damage per minute: 3564 [+193]

Spetznos #51 Posted Oct 05 2018 - 05:49

Private

• Players
  • 29011 battles

I do not typically post on the forums here but I am very interested as to where the heck the rest of this article is to be honest. For those of you who don't understand, go on the Russian WOT page and look at the same article they have. It is ever so slightly different (more informative for those who read about the armor buffs but were confused as to what they're talking about). As far as the PMM buffs. I am skeptical to their effectiveness because to be honest its Wargaming.

Being bilingual helps me get slightly more info from the horses mouths than most people who play this game. For those who understand Russian type this into youtube and fast forward to the interview...... День Танкиста - наш праздник! (this is WOT RU official video on the ru official wot channel)

I do see people have posted the armor changes in the forum but still don't understand why it is not in the article.

Edited by Spetznos, Oct 05 2018 - 05:58.

Liberty75 #52 Posted Oct 05 2018 - 10:46

Captain

• Players
  • 46308 battles
  • [ORDER] ORDER

JUST use a system similar to the previous MM system with the current team balancing mechanics included in it. Players get a fair spread of top, middle, and bottom tier battles and more team variety creating an overall better playing experience.

This isn't difficult.

Nico_Delgado #53 Posted Oct 05 2018 - 11:53

Private

• -Players-
  • 13363 battles
  • [RESS] RESS
El IS-6 tendría que tener mayor penetración Como así también los wz 111 Y el mismo 111. Sigue siendo mala la penetración para ser de primera línea.

3d0g #54 Posted Oct 05 2018 - 13:39

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 32093 battles
Why this obsession with "balancing" the game?  Most of us can soon figure out which tanks are the most rewarding and fun to use and will use them. If we cannot afford to buy premium tanks there are plenty of good alternatives.  Sometimes you can take a very good game and mess it up by trying to make it "perfect".

bob_ninja #55 Posted Oct 05 2018 - 13:49

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 67823 battles
  • [_CF_] _CF_

OMG so many cry babies. ditto 3d0g

The major feature of WOT and WOWS is CHALLANGE, otherwise it would become boring rather quickly. The entire point of facing 2 tier higher opponent is to deal with a tough challenge and try to find a way to overcome it. It will not always word and sure it sucks when you have zero chance of overcoming bad odds, but that is fine. In the worst scenario you can always shoot tracks and/or provide diversion allowing others to deal damage.

The problem is that:

1) having tough challenging matches too often stops being fun and becomes too much stress/hassle

2) some players don't really care for challenging matches

Well in that case go down to lower tiers. I have most tier X and don't play them much for this reason. There is no requirement to play tier 8s all the time. Go down to tier 5 or 6.

In WOWS they "fixed" this using PVE mode which is supposed to a lot less challenging (haven't played it in a long time so no clue). You face "dumb" bots. WOT doesn't have this. There are also events like upcoming Halloween mode. So it has a lot more opportunities for relaxed battles where you are not dealing with +2 tier hard mode.

It would be nice if WOT brought back historical battles with bots and/or events with bots where you could chill out.

In any case stop already with MM lamentations. It is FINE!!!!

cmdrtic #56 Posted Oct 05 2018 - 20:11

Corporal

• Players
  • 25072 battles
  • [GBEAR] GBEAR
Good stuff on these improvements, must be hard to find the balance from all angles for these vehicles. 

I definitely welcome the changes to jt88, it's been in my garage for ages - literally as I never take it out it being pretty bad (or me, you pick).
These buffs to it are quite good, won't fix the main issues with this TD, namely that aspects being good about it are only good on paper:

- Base dispersion is 0.31, yet shells fly all over the place even at mid-range, sometimes I miss 4 shots out of 5 fully aimed, then that one bounces off a hellcat. It's crazy how your shells just drop like they weren't actually fired from a gun.
Makes it pretty hard to hit weak spots which you have to with penetration like this. In my opinion, either the accuracy should be what it is on paper, or penetration improved further. Kanonenjp has 238 pen with a very similar gun, with the added bonus that it can much easier relocate to more favourable shooting positions

- Armor of 250-ish sounds good again, but the lower half of the td can be penetrated by pretty much by anything. For the top half, quite many t9-s can go through 250mm of armor, so in the end it's not much protection and so hull down doesn't really help either - it has to be a very specific situation where you can use this tank well (i.e. be hulldown at good midrange and have lower tier tanks stay in front of you without moving too much and without hitting the 2 key).

I would have already enjoyed this tank a lot more if that .31 accuracy was indeed that much.

Either way, looking forward to the changes, will definitely give it a try after the buff!

Good luck with this project WG

stratovaious #57 Posted Oct 06 2018 - 04:16

Corporal

• Players
  • 28574 battles
  • [SCHSM] SCHSM
Just fix your damn MM...…………….

Psyfer_X #58 Posted Oct 06 2018 - 04:50

Private

• -Players-
  • 2545 battles
Welcome improvements. Super Pershing still needs more engine power. The standard Pershing gets a 703 hp while the Super only gets 610. Add the same 703 hp to the Super and its additional armor weight will still lower its hp/ton below the standard Pershing. This will maintain a unique difference in play while making the Super more competitive in the current meta.

Pigar #59 Posted Oct 06 2018 - 05:34

Corporal

• Players
  • 71147 battles
  • [MMIMM] MMIMM

I think WOT are bunch of liars.

I bought a bunch of premium tanks based on their promise of preferred matchmaking for those tanks.

I doubt very much that WOT and their programmers are so stupid and incompetent that they can't keep their promise.

I bet that they are losing so many players that they need to consolidate the available tanks and tiers.

When the player base shrinks again because I go to another game, they will put tier 1 with tier 10s and handicap the 10's.

They will never tell you the real reason, nor will they ever keep their promises.

These are a greedy, soulless, evil that we should send for "re-education" in the next revolution.

I will always remember them for being Evil Grinch's at Christmas reneging on promises and making the players pay for WOT's mistakes.

Just call them "Indian Givers" since they will take away what we agreed to pay them for

RoundsDownRange #60 Posted Oct 06 2018 - 06:06

Sergeant

• Players
  • 27738 battles
Best part of WOT is when I log off to go play a better game, because they are driving this game into the ground.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users