• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

_Zero___ #21 Posted Oct 04 2018 - 19:16

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 46375 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

View PostNight1Rider, on Oct 04 2018 - 19:04, said:

So I think Arty strikes in skrimishes are dumb, make a tier 10 10 v 10 mode for skrimishes so people can run those anytime during the skirmish period, keep strikes in advances or increase the time per game so you can break camps without strikes.

10v10 tier X skirmishes would be awesome. Finally a place to use those tier XII boosters for credit grinding/crew grinding but at tier X

TheDerpinator9000 #22 Posted Oct 04 2018 - 19:40

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12369 battles
  • [AR-PA] AR-PA

View PostNight1Rider, on Oct 04 2018 - 13:04, said:

So I think Arty strikes in skrimishes are dumb, make a tier 10 10 v 10 mode for skrimishes so people can run those anytime during the skirmish period, keep strikes in advances or increase the time per game so you can break camps without strikes.

^ Using the quote cause I think this is a good idea, however allow me to explain why, at least for me:

I think Tier 10 Strongholds disappeared after Advances started because they're resource "gold mines" if your winning, (I could be wrong by that statement, however I haven't monitored the forums and news enough to see that is the reason.) Having that said, wouldn't a team of 15 tier 10's in Advances make more than 15 tier 10's in strongholds, by the hour?

Lowering the amount of people needed would also let people have the choice of fielding, tier 8's, or tier 10's and may open up a lot of opportunities for smaller sized clans to get their hands on tier 10 strongholds, as they may not be able to get those 15 people for the night.

Lastly, I'd remove the curfew, or at least shorten it, as there have been countless times that we've had people sitting in the garage, and the TeamSpeak server, waiting for detaches to open, and by the time they do, we lose some of those people and can't run them at the time, because they got stuff IRL to do.

A lot of people live in different time zones, and so having no limit was in my opinion, better, as it let people run them when they can, without having to reschedule themselves around it, like they would if it were CW or Advances.

GroundDelta #23 Posted Oct 04 2018 - 19:46

Corporal

• Players
  • 12098 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

~ Personal Reserves applicable with Skirmishes/Advances

~Remove Artillery/Air Strikes

~Improved Bridgehead Map Rotation/Integration which reflects the maps present on the Global Map. 

~Advances moved into earlier time slots on weekdays,10 & 11 PM EST are pretty late for some people. As someone who is PST, in which the times are 7 & 8 PM on weekdays, they work great, but since the majority of the server population is out east, it causes problems in terms of availability to varying degree's. 

~Tier 10 Skirmishes, I think this would be a fun addition to add, or at the very least test to see if the activity allows for it to remain on a consistent basis. I think Tier 10 Skirmishes would have a huge upside during a CW Season as clans can run them before or in-between games.

~Skirmishes rotating between Standard, Attack/Defense, and Encounter Battles

Hellsfog #24 Posted Oct 04 2018 - 20:01

Major

• Players
  • 35186 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View PostTedster_, on Oct 04 2018 - 12:41, said:

Please allow Personal Reserves to work in all stronghold modes.

View PostTanks__, on Oct 04 2018 - 13:12, said:

Make personal reserves work in strongholds

Yes, please. 

Private_Public #25 Posted Oct 04 2018 - 20:02

Major

• Players
  • 37347 battles
  • [RDTT2] RDTT2

View PostDomoSapien, on Oct 04 2018 - 11:44, said:

Tankers,

We would like to ask for your help in gathering feedback regarding the current state of Strongholds. Specifically, we'd like to gather separate feedback for both Skirmishes and Advances.

Please provide your feedback below in the following format:

Skirmishes:
1. What do you like about this gamemode?
2. What don't you like about this gamemode? Are there any aspects that make your experiences in Skirmishes uncomfortable or difficult?

3. If you don't play Skirmishes, why not?

4. If you could add anything or change anything about this gamemode, what would it be?

Advances:
2. What don't you like about this gamemode? Are there any aspects that make your experiences in Skirmishes uncomfortable or difficult?

4. If you could add anything or change anything about this gamemode, what would it be?

Your assistance/feedback in this regard would be greatly appreciated. "Tank" you for your help :)

Skirmishes:

1.  It is less time demanding and less formal, yet still lets me scratch the 'competitive' itch.

2.  ELO ranking of the clans often means that we have to sit for several minutes in queue waiting of someone of similar rating to play - whereas before the rating, we had matches near instantly.

3.  N/A

4.  Allow use of personal reserves alongside of clan reserves for this mode.  Also, a much larger map pool, instead of the same 5 maps.

Advances:

1.  It gives a shot at the "CW Feel" without the CW Time commitment.

2.  The format of playing the same team over and over again is poor.  It needs to be random and different teams every match.

3.  N/A

4.  Either do CW or Advances, not both.  The server population for tier 10 competitive is already thin as is.  Continually splitting it up between Advances, CW, and even Ranked modes is too much for the NA server.

Edited by Private_Public, Oct 04 2018 - 20:03.

YANKEE137 #26 Posted Oct 04 2018 - 20:03

Major

• -Players-
  • 11692 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR

Allow SH battles to also run on Grand Battles maps. Would like to see how the larger area tests the teams. Scout tanks would not be optional and would force some hard choices.

Could be an interesting experiment.

Edited by YANKEE137, Oct 04 2018 - 20:06.

eraser1 #27 Posted Oct 04 2018 - 20:09

Corporal

• Players
  • 19251 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

As a whole, I think the strongholds and advance system is excellent. That said, I think some small tweaks are in order.

Personal Reserves:

Personal reserves should work in strongholds and advances. If not the credit ones, at least the XP ones.

I think that strongholds should be just as viable as random battles in terms of grinding tanks/crew/credits.

Strikes:

I am also ambivalent about strikes in strongholds:

Strikes are mostly acceptable at tier 8 imo.

They do sometimes help by making advances less campy, but most of the time I think they're just unnecessary.

I would advocate for better map rotations in advances, that way strikes aren't needed in advances. Namely, eliminating maps like Mountain Pass (haven't seen this in a while) and El Halluf (major offender) would be great.

Misc:

I think there should be 3 "time slots" for advances during weekdays instead of just 2. I think the third should precede the current 2, so that clans can start advances at 8EST as well, instead of just 9EST and 10EST.

Finally, I think it would be interesting to have "special" strongholds on a biweekly basis on the odd tiers: Tier 7 and Tier 9. I wouldn't go below Tier 6 though.

Edited by eraser1, Oct 04 2018 - 20:10.

hamd996 #28 Posted Oct 04 2018 - 20:31

Corporal

• Players
  • 40093 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
Add fog of war for advances so they are bit like training lower elo clans. And remove artillery and air strikes. Plus allowing us to use personal reserve in advances and in skirmishes would be nice

ff8ff8 #29 Posted Oct 04 2018 - 20:32

Captain

• Players
  • 18654 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
We don't have a special game mode for the neglected tiers (7 and 9), so give us that.

The NA office has stated twice that personal reserves would be fixed and apply to strongholds as well, so maybe that as well?

DVSdrummer55 #30 Posted Oct 04 2018 - 21:02

Corporal

• Players
  • 66132 battles
  • [-_-] -_-

View Postff8ff8, on Oct 04 2018 - 19:32, said:

We don't have a special game mode for the neglected tiers (7 and 9), so give us that.

The NA office has stated twice that personal reserves would be fixed and apply to strongholds as well, so maybe that as well?

View Post_Zero___, on Oct 04 2018 - 17:10, said:

Skirmishes:

1. easy credits/crew training/grinding. Also for new clans a great way to increase the synergy between players.

2. Personal reserves should work in this game mode. This is especially true if you are a legionnaire for a different clan/ your clan isn't running boosters. 

3. Would be great if it was all day (i know the population doesn't support it) However this could be adjusted with rewards maybe?

4. as mentioned above, would be nice if personal reserves worked. along with possible rewards or benefits that would make it run throughout the day. (like random battle skirmishes? assembling teams of 10 8s of random players? or 6s?), show amount of invisible teams

Advances:

1. Great way to practice for tournaments/clanwars. Place to try out strategies and play with clan members. It is also a great recruiting location as you can put potential recruits in. 

2. Strikes are kind of a pain. They are useful but also frustrating in return. Basically a more powerful artillery (and we all know how people don't like arty)

3. NA

4. Maybe remove strikes. Be able to bring tier 9s or 8s like in clan wars for different strategies (especially lights or arty), add fog of war

Also i have some suggestions for strongholds in general. I feel like clan boosters are a great way to get people to participate. However, it would be nice if they were able to be produced quicker. For example, If mahou wants to run skirmishes/advances/clan wars from the time it opens until it closes, that is 10 hours or 5 boosters for 1 day. Only 3 can be made in a day right now. No one wants to run clan activities without boosters. What good is it to have clan functions open for so long if boosters (earned by the clan) can't be run the entire time without running into a net deficit.

TL;DR for the feedback portion. Remove strikes, go all day, make personal reserves usable in all modes, add fog of war to advances, add a counter of invisible teams to all stronghold battle modes

View PostThe_Grand_Wizard_Of_WOT_, on Oct 04 2018 - 17:32, said:

They are the most fun for me because they are a competitive game mode that anyone can play with any skill. i would love to see them back running all day.

View Post4khan, on Oct 04 2018 - 17:34, said:

Skirmishes:
1. What do you like about this game mode?

Great for credit/tank grinding.

Easy way to build synergy between new clan members and existing teams.

2. What don't you like about this game mode? Are there any aspects that make your experiences in Skirmishes uncomfortable or difficult?

The current interplay between personal reserves and clan boosters makes no sense, its unclear why personal reserves don't apply for strongholds. As strongholds are where I make most of my credits its frustrating to not be able to use the personal reserves I won in tournaments/ by completing missions in strongholds and instead have to use the personal boosts to mitigate credit losses in tier 10.

N/A

4. If you could add anything or change anything about this game mode, what would it be?

Writing about strikes because so many people think they're bad, I think they actually speed up and improve games at this level because tier 8/tier 6 strongholds aren't a good simulation of competitive play anyways.

Advances:
1. What do you like about this game mode?

Currently only way to practice tier ten play in a competitive format. Really appreciative that this even exists.

I think advances are very, very good in their current form and only need minor tweaking to be perfect, the critiques below are just nitpicks that would slightly improve the experience and quality of life IMO.

2. What don't you like about this game mode? Are there any aspects that make your experiences in Skirmishes uncomfortable or difficult?

Strikes. The 10m time limit is also sometimes frustrating as it restricts strats but the sets would be insanely long without it

I also wish there was a more thought out system for determining whether or not there was a last game, cutting it off at 42 mins after start is incredibly arbitrary.

No tier 9 tanks allowed = no m53/55

N/A

4. If you could add anything or change anything about this game mode, what would it be?

Remove strikes

I wish it wasn't such a credit sink to play these. I lose 50-100k a game depending on how long iit runs. I run full prem consumables and ammo for reference.

Add tier 9 tanks like clan wars

Map pool should match clan wars

I agree with these bright people. The only things I must add:

[1.]While running a Stronghold, I would like to have the option of titling the room like back when tank companies were a thing. I thought it generated more competitiveness.

[2.]Since we are provided with rankings of Clans during the Queue time, There should be an in-game standings page to look at for all of the clans that place. 

drawkcab___________yikes #31 Posted Oct 04 2018 - 21:17

Corporal

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 13934 battles
  • [BULBA] BULBA
let me play tier 7s in t8 sh and tier 9s in advances so i can grind and save some more free xp plz

__OwOll #32 Posted Oct 04 2018 - 23:39

Sergeant

• Players
  • 26392 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

View PostTedster_, on Oct 04 2018 - 17:41, said:

Please allow Personal Reserves to work in all stronghold modes.

can we please get this

SomethingCanadianEh #33 Posted Oct 05 2018 - 00:01

Captain

• Players
  • 37552 battles
  • [HARMZ] HARMZ
Special strongholds mode only maps. 

__WarChild__ #34 Posted Oct 05 2018 - 00:04

Major

• -Players-
  • 24376 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0
It's a great mode and I love it the way it is.  Things to make it better: Remove Air/Arty Strikes & Allow Personal Reserves to work - that would make it perfect.

dexatrin82 #35 Posted Oct 05 2018 - 02:18

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21829 battles
  • [AR-PA] AR-PA

Personal Reserves:

I would allow personal reserves to work for skirmishes, and advances. They are constantly trying to get us to use them and I guarantee, if they allowed them to be used for strongholds, people would be burning them every minute they are online in game. I'd constantly be buying the credit boosters.

Clan boosters at lower tiers need to be a little cheaper i'd say and a little quicker to manufacture. I also feel that all clan boosters should automatically increase resources earned, first booster activated by 15%, second 35%. Artillery and Resource consumable per battle boosters can be used in conjunction with clan wide boosters.

Artillery Strike/Air Strike:

Leave them in skirmishes, advances would be awesome without them, tier ten should not have these crutches. Tier 6 and 8 it actually makes you think about positioning and motion and camping. 

Variety and Scheduling:

Tier 7/9 Variety options need available and Skirmishes need to be available from 10 am EST to 3 am EST. This will allow much more activity during the week with smaller clans who have more daytime players than evening players.

dominator_98 #36 Posted Oct 05 2018 - 02:30

Major

• -Players-
  • 21169 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS

I really like all the clan boosters in Strongholds, and the ability to make great credits/xp on a winning team.

Allow personal reserves to work in Strongholds. Over the years I've had scores of players leave my detachment because they had reserves running. Most important and easiest change to make IMO.

Remove artillery strikes, especially from Advances. Being able to group your tanks before a push is an important tactic, and a well placed strike can wipe half a team.

Fog of war for Advances would be nice.

A 10v10 tier 10 skirmish mode with 5 legionairres would be a great stepping stone for smaller clans that can't regularly fill an advance, or for those of us who want to play tier 10 more than two hours a night.

bravo9er #37 Posted Oct 05 2018 - 15:42

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21997 battles
  • [FATE] FATE

The biggest problem is there's not enough players and teams to support tier VI skirms, tier VIII skirms, tier X skirms and Advances all running concurrently.  The player base is spread too thinly and matches become blowouts.  It would be great if we could rotate out on a weekly basis just one game mode.  Tier VI one week followed by tier VIII next week then Advances, etc.  Also there's simply no interest in tier X skirms.  Advances is better for tier X so nobody bothers to do tier X skirms.  Just get rid of it.

Just three modes, tier VI skirms, tier VIII skirms, Advances.... rotate.

Oh, and make personal reserves (boosters) work in skirms and advances.  If I have boosters running I'm reluctant to join a detachment and waste my valuable booster.  It would be so much easier for detachment to get going if boosters worked cuz 

Edited by bravo9er, Oct 05 2018 - 15:50.

_Zero___ #38 Posted Oct 05 2018 - 19:20

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 46375 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

View Postbravo9er, on Oct 05 2018 - 15:42, said:

The biggest problem is there's not enough players and teams to support tier VI skirms, tier VIII skirms, tier X skirms and Advances all running concurrently.  The player base is spread too thinly and matches become blowouts.  It would be great if we could rotate out on a weekly basis just one game mode.  Tier VI one week followed by tier VIII next week then Advances, etc.  Also there's simply no interest in tier X skirms.  Advances is better for tier X so nobody bothers to do tier X skirms.  Just get rid of it.

Just three modes, tier VI skirms, tier VIII skirms, Advances.... rotate.

Oh, and make personal reserves (boosters) work in skirms and advances.  If I have boosters running I'm reluctant to join a detachment and waste my valuable booster.  It would be so much easier for detachment to get going if boosters worked cuz 

Do you not see how many people replied with wanting tier X skirmishes? I think there is interest. You can not say there is simply no interest when there clearly is. You might not be interested. Doesn't mean there aren't others that are.

DomoSapien #39 Posted Oct 05 2018 - 21:57

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14012 battles
  • [WGA] WGA
Wowza, that's a lot of feedback! Everyone's feedback has been compiled and added to my report. I will be monitoring the thread through the weekend and updating my report on Monday.

Thank you all <3

PeaceGirl321 #40 Posted Oct 06 2018 - 16:10

Corporal

• Players
  • 7000 battles
  • [TL-DR] TL-DR

Skirmishes:

SHs are a good way to practice playing as a team and grindig xp without having to playing pubs.

Arty strikes in tier 6. If your hit, your pretty much guaranteed to die. The strikes are okay at higher tiers but terrible at tier 6. 

Id like to see personal reserves work in SHs. Also, extended the time till 3am instead of 2am. Lots of west coast players want to keep playing when the cutoff kicks in. 

Comment: Thanks for increasing legionnaire limit in tier 8s, it is helpful. 

Advances:

Good practice for CWs. Allows tier 10 play that isnt pubs. 

Getting paired against crazy good clans, much more enjoyable when your around the same ELO. 

Please add another hour to Advances during the week. With them starting at 10pm est, most of my east coast players (including myself) can’t participate. If they started at 9pm est, we could at least play one during the week. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users