What's going on with WG

Game Play game mechanics player rating stacked teams team killing negative attitudes

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

ArmyGreen74 #1 Posted Oct 04 2018 - 20:22

Corporal

• Players
  • 14904 battles
  • [UMM] UMM

I have been playing WoT for the past several years and have really start to take notice of some issues.  

Lately I have seen a lot more negativity with individuals who are playing the game.  More team killing, more lop sided battles, more unfair game play and mechanics.  I have also noticed the lack of WG to correct issues with the game to make it more leveled out for better game play.  Not to mention there are so much more to purchase than ever before.  

About a month ago, I was playing and had 3 team members start team killing for the sake of doing it.  All because someone with XVM or whatever said our team had only a 35% chance to win.  Not to mention a STACKED team on the other side with SIMP or YOLO or whoever.  Today I was playing in a similar battle with only 2 team members team killing for the hell of it... I assume for the same reason... STACKED enemy team.  A lot of people who play realize when they see a stacked enemy team it is better to save face by suicide or to say the hell with it and start killing their own team.  

The game has really revolved and geared towards the wallet warriors, the more advanced players and higher tiered clans.  A new player trying his best to learn the game and to attempt to become better, is really handicapped.  Even the average players like myself have found it a bit troublesome with the game play.  

The game mechanics have had issues as well... snap shooting with a critical hit 80% of the time for higher rated players.  Shooting through buildings, hills, and other solid objects for hits.  Having many shots fly outside the sight reticle.  

Artillery, honestly, take Arty out of the game!!!  You have all but done it already.  Nerf after Nerf after Nerf... all because people don't like to get their tank hit.  The sight reticle is a joke... there is a 50/50 shot of landing inside the reticle.  Arty can be spotted from half a map away.  100 to 400 damage per shot... if you are lucky.  Oh and my favorite... arty shells that bounce and ricochet.  (not even close to being historically or factually correct)   Just take the artillery out of the game and make everyone happy!!!! 

Stacked teams... weather or not you have XVM or not, it really doesn't matter when you start looking at who is on your team or the enemy team.  Anyone that has been playing any length of time can figure out when you or the other team have a stacked team.  I don't really care to SEAL CLUB the enemy nor do I care to be SEAL CLUBBED!!!!  These people with XVM or whatever and can see the percentage of a probable win or loss and say there is a 35% chance of a win or can see that your team has 1 blue player and the other team has 4 with 1 purple unicorn.  If this is so... why not tighten the win/loss percentage to less than +/- 7% and make the blow out games all but go away.  I am more inclined to duke it out when the teams are more even.  Also, why I am talking about having a more fair match up... why not match up players with similar player ratings???  It is hard to give your full attention to the game when you know you are the person on your team with the highest player rating and there are 3 on the other team with significantly higher player ratings.  Why can't there be ranked tiers for beginners, novices, advanced and professional player ratings?  Beginners with player rating of 0 - 2000, Novices rating 2001 to 5000, Advanced rating 5001 to 9000 and Pro ratings of 9001+.  

All I would like to see is a more fair game play and to make the game more enjoyable weather you are a beginner, intermediate or advanced player.  

With that said... WG has kept up with updating maps, inserting new tanks and new countries into the mix.  The new graphics (I heard) are amazing; just not for slower computers.  Having the ability to buy tanks that you normally couldn't get without grinding the hell out of your account has been good as well.  Even the special events for Christmas, Halloween, etc. are pretty good.  

There are good points and bad points to WoT... this game can be a lot better.  

Dockmaster #2 Posted Oct 04 2018 - 21:02

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 44131 battles
  • [ACES] ACES

I don't run XVM but I wish I had a dime for every-time one of my toon m8s using XVM says we have a 35% chance to win and we roll the other higher skilled team. By the same respect I hear them say we have a 68% chance to win and get rolled. XVM is toxic and needs to be banned.

As for suiciders they are losers and it is the luck of the draw that they end up on your team.

I would think a skill based MM would be easy using WoTs own rating system but apparently it is not a high priority.

It is quite possible that WG feels WoT has gone past it's best before date and are milking the game for all it is worth without investing in improvements. 

Bootknife #3 Posted Oct 04 2018 - 21:34

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 40644 battles
  • [WDA] WDA

Lots of players are tired of the BS RNG.  WG's lack of response has contributed to a rise in the assumption the games are rigged.  In short, the term "Classic WG predetermined outcome".  Regardless if it's true or not, their failure to address the issue just lets it live longer.  The longer it lives, the less money they make.  And really, I think they've earned it.

Vampiresbane #4 Posted Oct 04 2018 - 22:09

Captain

• Players
  • 29793 battles
  • [MEDIC] MEDIC
Keep in mind, you can win games fairly easily against good players by sticking with it.  Just like Dockmaster stated above, XVM just predicts games, it doesn't make it so.

asmplcreature #5 Posted Oct 04 2018 - 22:21

Corporal

• Players
  • 51047 battles

up till 8.0 i was right into this game. thought it was the best. then they started changing things, feedback from the top clans was the reason, imo. and it has only got worse. i agree with the OP here and have seen much the same, although, i am not with them on removing arty. yes arty has been nerfed harder then anything else, but it is needed in this game to keep game play moving, not camping. because of all these changes, i have sold all but 7 of my tanks, keeping just enough to kill time with. i even lost interest in clanning, which also translates into not spending any money on the game.

now if WG decides to correct the faults they know are there, i might get back into it, which i hope, but not holding my breath. which means spending money.

see how it works wargaming!

Bootknife #6 Posted Oct 04 2018 - 23:17

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 40644 battles
  • [WDA] WDA

Go read the patient info WG published.  Makes their objectives pretty clear.  They fully intend to control the win rate, according to the published info.

_Tsavo_ #7 Posted Oct 04 2018 - 23:24

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 45179 battles
  • [BRVE] BRVE

They aren't shooting through hills,  buildings, or other impervious materials or obstacles.  Those good players get the same crap you do.   Same RNG,  same teams,  same yolosuiciders,  same dudes who lack awareness, same stiff enemies and difficult  scenarios. 

The only thing they do differently is bring themselves to the fight, with better positions, adaptability, and better on-the-fly decision making. They cope with the baloney better. 

_Resolute14_ #8 Posted Oct 04 2018 - 23:33

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 14085 battles
Someone's been drinking and posting again.  Brett is that you?

Bootknife #9 Posted Oct 04 2018 - 23:56

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 40644 battles
  • [WDA] WDA

Which post?

Guessing there's more than one on here drinking.

Stonecoldelf #10 Posted Oct 05 2018 - 18:59

Sergeant

• Players
  • 30712 battles
  • [RDDTV] RDDTV

It all comes down to the Match Maker and whatever division has a strangle hold on it or whoever won't admit to being wrong.  The Match Maker causes:

-3/5/7 and everyone is sick of being bottom tier. In EVERY match their are 14 bottom tier slots. Literally HALF of the the players in the queue get bottom tier, unless you play tier 8 then it is ALL THE TIME;

-WG refuses to use a skill based match system so you get so many unbalanced games.

The Match Maker is just awful and I refuse to spend money on WG products/services until it is fixed #walletclosed

low_bidder #11 Posted Oct 05 2018 - 19:31

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 22738 battles

Since were are airing out issues, my list below are what I have informed WOT that needs to be improved..

1. Being hit by 3,4 and 5 tanks at the same nano second.  Not very realistic.

2. Being hit by tanks when their gun is not even pointed at my tank. I have excellent PC equipment and ISP service so it's not a lag issue.

3. Vehicles, sometimes multiple vehicles disappearing within seconds of the battle start and these vehicles were not spotted.  A significant majority of the RANDOM battles seem to start with a vehicle loss on my team.

4. Being hit through solid walls and hills.

5. Arty shells dropping perpendicular from the sky when my tank is behind a large steep rock.

6. Crew skills are ineffective. I spotted tanks before 6th sense works.

7. Removing a crew that is 2.5/3.5 skills out past the major qualification and replacing the crew with 75-80% trained crew made absolutely no difference to the Random Team win/loss ratio.

8. Lopsided battles in either direction. 0/15 is bad as 15/0.

9. Some tanks lines need to have some tanks moved back a tier in the line. Basically some tier 8 tanks, especially lights and some mediums should never be classified as a tier VIII.  This issue was posted as a question as why are the new tank lines not very popular. The Italian Paterna is an example. This tank has not distinguished itself from the many battles under RANDOM battles that I have observed this tank being on either side. Perhaps two battles out of 100 or more did the Paterna distinguish itself and then I don't remember if it survived in the end.  I ground out a lot to get this tank but in the end only to be disappointed by acceleration and turret rotational speed. As is, the Paterna would be competitive in tier VII but not tier VIII.

10. The TEAM WIN ratio for Random Battles on 3x,4x and 5x events is way too low (20% or lower). I have been monitoring this very low TEAM WIN ratio 3x,4x and 5x events for months.

11. Drop the bond requirements for enhanced equipment.

12. Allow the player to choose which crew member(s) get the crew experience.  This would allow accelerating a crew member, perhaps a replacement as an example, faster than other crew members.

13. Create a tank swap mechanism directly between players. (swap a Comwell for another tank).  Crews could go with the swap or crews must be sent to the barracks. Another variation would be to allow players to buy/sell tanks directly to other players.

Edited by low_bidder, Oct 05 2018 - 23:58.

ArmyGreen74 #12 Posted Nov 19 2018 - 07:54

Corporal

• Players
  • 14904 battles
  • [UMM] UMM
Bottom line... WG doesn't really care about the game play or customer satisfaction or really much of anything but keeping the higher tier players and clans happy.  They have found a way to keep themselves happy... MAKE DAMN NEAR EVERYTHING FOR SALE!!!  I keep on taking the surveys with questions that don't really matter much to 70% of the players.  IF WG did care about the people they would take a serious look at what people post and start to figure out a better game play.   So for all the ideas on how to make this a better game will just be sitting right here waiting for no one to care!!!  

landedkiller #13 Posted Nov 19 2018 - 08:08

Captain

• -Players-
  • 8567 battles

View PostBootknife, on Oct 04 2018 - 16:17, said:

Go read the patent info WG published.  Makes their objectives pretty clear.  They fully intend to control the win rate, according to the published info.

Regardless of how you feel about them [edited] +.com exposed this year’s ago and Bootknife knows what’s going on. World of warships seems to be the main game now over world of tanks at least for the NA region.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users