• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

moon111 #21 Posted Oct 05 2018 - 05:37

Major

• Players
  • 30878 battles

View PostDevil__Anse, on Oct 05 2018 - 02:59, said:

i've heard some stupid stuff in my days...this might take the cake

Easy to get 60% win-rate in all kinds of tanks because they're over-powered compared to arty.

dunniteowl #22 Posted Oct 05 2018 - 05:42

Major

• -Players-
  • 22820 battles

How much of your damage did you Spot?  See?  That's the principle difference.  You should expect half of all your damage XP to be shared by the spotting units, thus your XP is less overall, because you're sharing the XP part of the damage with the spotter.  This is an incentive for unspotted counter battery fire as well as for blind fires at known positions.

I am not sure, though it may be that SPGs get a bit of a nerf to their collection of XP as well.

Yes, arty has all manner of 'drawbacks' to assuage the crowds who really dislike arty over the years.  Not like the units have great values other than alpha damage.  In all other respects, with some notable exceptions, SPGs have the poorest overall characteristics of any other units.  Apparently, this still isn't enough to satisfy those who will, in all likelihood, never let up on getting rid of arty.

Ehhh.  Okay.

In the meantime, you do what you can and farm who you can plow under.  While you lament the slower progression than any other unit, recognize that, for some, your very presence in the match triggers them to the point they cannot play as well.  Use that.

OvO

Devil__Anse #23 Posted Oct 05 2018 - 05:47

Sergeant

• Players
  • 1806 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View Postmoon111, on Oct 04 2018 - 22:37, said:

Easy to get 60% win-rate in all kinds of tanks because they're over-powered compared to arty.

dunniteowl #24 Posted Oct 05 2018 - 05:51

Major

• -Players-
  • 22820 battles

View PostDevil__Anse, on Oct 04 2018 - 21:21, said:

is my emotions for the arty player supposed to be moved by this?  give me a break

And are any arty players supposed to be moved by your histrionics?  I'm thinking there's a fair tit for tat here.

OvO

Pipinghot #25 Posted Oct 05 2018 - 06:00

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostNapoleon_The_Conquerer, on Oct 04 2018 - 21:39, said:

View Poststalkervision, on Oct 04 2018 - 18:29, said:

I think the xp is tied to stun and track damage that allows your team to do damage to those tanks. OR not...:confused:

What's even more annoying, is that I've had matches in my GW Tiger where I have done 2,000+ more damage than the next best player on my team. And yet still not get top XP.

The entire XP system for arty is broken AF.

If all of your damage was done with other people spotting for you, then you should only get half XP & credits for that damage. Without screen shots it's hard to be able to give good responses because there are so many possible combinations of spotting/tracking/assist/direct damage that it's impossible to know whether you're looking at things objectively.

RickEdwards #26 Posted Oct 08 2018 - 22:20

Sergeant

• Players
  • 25731 battles
  • [NISHI] NISHI

View Postmoon111, on Oct 05 2018 - 03:55, said:

Honestly, none of that is as hard as hitting a moving target with arty.

Lol, hitting a moving Target with arty now is easy mode, with the massive splash and accuracy buff they got. And that Patton that got more xp is because, while he had no assistance damage, he spotted and damaged his targets instead of just mooching off what others spotted. That's where the xp difference is.

StrachwitzPzGraf #27 Posted Oct 08 2018 - 22:45

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 37422 battles
  • [PSYCO] PSYCO

Well -- you obviously got a lot of responses... what I see is:

1. Your only 400 lower than the top tank

2. the top tank was TIER 8 -- you Tier 10

3. You got no kills

So first blush -- there are tier accelerators on XP for lower tier tanks - if you are top tier -- you better do really really well or you get dinged.

Kills do get you more XP than damage...

And -- as Artillery -- you're not: Spotting, Driving, etc.  all those other XPish things...

Napoleon_The_Conquerer #28 Posted Oct 10 2018 - 23:14

Corporal

• Players
  • 6297 battles
  • [P-F] P-F

View PostStrachwitzPzGraf, on Oct 08 2018 - 13:45, said:

Well -- you obviously got a lot of responses... what I see is:

1. Your only 400 lower than the top tank

2. the top tank was TIER 8 -- you Tier 10

3. You got no kills

So first blush -- there are tier accelerators on XP for lower tier tanks - if you are top tier -- you better do really really well or you get dinged.

Kills do get you more XP than damage...

And -- as Artillery -- you're not: Spotting, Driving, etc.  all those other XPish things...

Coming back to this after a week. I understand all the points about XP, but now I want some clarification regarding the credits earned and how that is calculated.

The example I set was definitely not the worst I have had, not by a long shot.

I had my best match ever in my GW Tiger of 4,727 damage in a bottom tier MM, most damage dealt was against tier 10 tanks (5/10 MM).

That match was a loss, and I still lost a significant amount of credits.

Today I did 3788 damage, 1,458 assistance, and 2,480 BLOCKED in my GWE 100. I still lost 15k credits. 2nd most damage in the whole match (268 v4 did 4,526).

I asked the 268 v4 how many credits he made, he made 50k creds on a LOSS, while I lost 15k. I blocked more, and assisted more than he did.

I understand now why the XP is so skewed (spotting vs not spotting, close range vs long range, etc). But, now I need to ask why are the credits so messed up?

RickEdwards #29 Posted Oct 11 2018 - 13:19

Sergeant

• Players
  • 25731 battles
  • [NISHI] NISHI

View PostNapoleon_The_Conquerer, on Oct 10 2018 - 23:14, said:

Coming back to this after a week. I understand all the points about XP, but now I want some clarification regarding the credits earned and how that is calculated.

I had my best match ever in my GW Tiger of 4,727 damage in a bottom tier MM, most damage dealt was against tier 10 tanks (5/10 MM).

Today I did 3788 damage, 1,458 assistance, and 2,480 BLOCKED in my GWE 100. I still lost 15k credits. 2nd most damage in the whole match (268 v4 did 4,526).

I asked the 268 v4 how many credits he made, he made 50k creds on a LOSS, while I lost 15k. I blocked more, and assisted more than he did.

I understand now why the XP is so skewed (spotting vs not spotting, close range vs long range, etc). But, now I need to ask why are the credits so messed up?

I feel like that 268 was either lying or has a premium account and was running credit boosters of some sort... Also didn't shoot prem ammo (idk if you did or not). But credits at tier 10 are crappy; you almost always lose out if no prem account.

Pipinghot #30 Posted Oct 12 2018 - 13:59

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostNapoleon_The_Conquerer, on Oct 10 2018 - 17:14, said:

Again - without screen shots we really can't help you. You are only giving little tidbits of information that are not nearly enough to answer your questions.

If you truly want help then you need to provide all of the information, and that means screenshots. Anything less is just wasting everyone's time.

Ich_bin_Hass #31 Posted Oct 12 2018 - 18:48

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 76370 battles
  • [1VETS] 1VETS

View PostNapoleon_The_Conquerer, on Oct 04 2018 - 20:24, said:

So, I understand the massive hate regarding artillery in this game, and I was fine with the "arty nerf" (that actually just made it more annoying) because the one-shot kills were a little insane.

I would consider myself fairly competent at artillery (all of my tier 8+ arty are in top 15%, GW Tiger P at top 93.4%, GW Tiger at 91.6%, and GWE 100 at 86%, but the GWE 100 has only 61 battles). My average damage is well above the average damage done in those tanks.

Yet, I just had a match where I was top damage in the whole match, with a difference of 800 between me and the next player on my team, and yet I was in the bottom 5 for experience.

My first thought was "well maybe they just had a lot of assistance damage or spotting." Well that wasn't true either. Our Lorr 155 51 only did 751 damage, but got 1,343 assistance. Still not even above my combined. "Well, maybe its the tiers he damaged or assisted" Then check this out. The M46 Patton on our team is only one tier below me, did 2,047 damage, and zero assistance. Yet he got 40% more XP than I did.

My average damage is definitely above what most people expect from arty, and its even above the average damage for most normal tanks. I don't mind if I get a little less XP than normal tanks, as I am playing in a scumbag vehicle. But this is insanity, I do a decent chunk more damage than the rest of my team, and yet I still get in the bottom 5 for XP for what is definitely an exceptional match in this vehicle (this battle I had a WN8 rating of 2,191).

Here is a link to an IMGUR gallery

The one shot kills were when SPG's still had AP and heat rounds combined with the third party artty sniper mode. Plus you had SO MANY SPG's on the map. Up to ten per side back then.

lunardracos #32 Posted Oct 14 2018 - 07:55

Corporal

• Players
  • 24998 battles
  • [DTC] DTC
When discussing SPgs, TDs, and other tAnks back in 2011 W.G. stated that all Tds.. get 3/4 exp and Spgs get 1/2 exp for damage doesn't matter .. if that vehicle spotted or somebody else did.. it was to equalize the rank and file.. since spgs only went to tier 8 and it was to slow there progress.. now that ARties dont have massive op Alpha and they are lucky to even hit a tank now days after tier 6 and they now go up to tier 10 .. I also believe that Exp should be normalized to be at least as equal to a TD .. also to bring back the exp per Cap point that they nerfed back in update 7 .8 or so .. .. oh what the Hell we should also have RETRO maps so these new kids understand what we had to go thru .. 

Pipinghot #33 Posted Oct 14 2018 - 17:21

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View Postlunardracos, on Oct 14 2018 - 01:55, said:

I also believe that Exp should be normalized to be at least as equal to a TD

I can't find the old patch notes, but I'm pretty certain this was done a long time ago. If memory serves, it was around the time when they added arty up to Tier X (just like they did with TD's when they got extend to Tier X) at that point WG changed the XP system so that all vehicles earn XP the same way. I'm pretty sure that all vehicles get the same amount of XP for doing x amount of damage, and then that XP is modified base on whether someone else was spotting the target or had tracked the target for the shooter.

Arty loses a lot of XP because other people are spotting their targets for them, but they also gain some XP back because they stun & track targets for other people to shoot.

Daxman1 #34 Posted Oct 17 2018 - 03:21

Corporal

• Players
  • 44048 battles

View Postmoon111, on Oct 04 2018 - 20:55, said:

Honestly, none of that is as hard as hitting a moving target with arty.

I agree with that other guy......That statement is ridiculous.

It always amazes me when arty players try to convince the non-arty players that it's a difficult class to play. There's nothing difficult about arty at all. Easymode all the way. If you are one of the people that finds arty difficult to play, I feel bad for the people that have to deal with you on a daily basis.

OP admits to getting top damage very frequently in arty. Funny, I thought damage was nerfed so badly that it's now a worthless class................yet top damage.......how is this even possible?????

dunniteowl #35 Posted Oct 17 2018 - 05:06

Major

• -Players-
  • 22820 battles

View PostDaxman1, on Oct 16 2018 - 20:21, said:

I agree with that other guy......That statement is ridiculous.

It always amazes me when arty players try to convince the non-arty players that it's a difficult class to play. There's nothing difficult about arty at all. Easymode all the way. If you are one of the people that finds arty difficult to play, I feel bad for the people that have to deal with you on a daily basis.

OP admits to getting top damage very frequently in arty. Funny, I thought damage was nerfed so badly that it's now a worthless class................yet top damage.......how is this even possible?????

Because there are a lot of bad players that don't play arty, making it easier for a semi-competent player or better who is situationally aware to hit moving units if they are remotely predictable.  That's why hitting targets on the move isn't that hard.  You can lead a target with direct fire and you can lead it with indirect fire.  The only real difference is the timing interval.

OvO

n4cer67 #36 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 21:34

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 17062 battles
  • [NAAP] NAAP
One shot kills were awesome and they need to give all the damage back. If others can one shot SPG's then SPG's should be able to one shot them.

Also tagged with arty, scumbag, XP, artillery

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users