Jump to content


* * * * * 1 votes

[ST] Emil 1951


  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Gnomon #1 Posted Oct 05 2018 - 15:45

    Training & QA Specialist

  • Administrator
  • 804 battles
  • 372
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    11-23-2015

Hey, everyone! 

 

Hope that you’re having a great Friday! 

 

Today marks the beginning of the Supertest for a Viking newcomer: the EMIL 1951, a Tier VIII Premium Swedish heavy with an autoloader. Gameplay-wise, it’s an ‘Emil I Lite’. The EMIL 1951 has less armor than its progression counterpart but is more mobile. There’s one less round in the barrel of the EMIL 1951 but its aiming parameters are better, and it shoots faster than the Emil I.

 


 
The hull of the EMIL 1951 has less protection, and as a sort of compensation, it has a new 400-hp engine bringing its specific power up to 15.15 hp per ton. Not a great difference to the Emil I, but certainly noticeable: the 1951 will move faster and accelerate to the top speed more quickly.
 
How will this tank play? Much like its progression partner but more energetic: less covering, more movement. The barrel that unloads quickly also allows for a hit-and-run playstyle: fire three rounds and fall back without taking any extra risks.

 

Screenshots


 
Depending on test results we may change the stats for the EMIL 1951, so we’ll publish the final ones later. Make sure to follow the news and good luck in every fight!



AndrewSledge #2 Posted Oct 05 2018 - 16:06

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 35881 battles
  • 1,968
  • [1_FFD] 1_FFD
  • Member since:
    04-14-2014
I figured this would happen sooner or later...

Vulcan_Spectre #3 Posted Oct 05 2018 - 16:06

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 3836 battles
  • 634
  • [XGD] XGD
  • Member since:
    12-25-2017
looks really cool, ima might buy this when (IF) it comes out

CynicalDutchie #4 Posted Oct 05 2018 - 16:14

    Major

  • Players
  • 43016 battles
  • 4,337
  • [CYNIC] CYNIC
  • Member since:
    05-18-2011

Doesn't seem worth it over the French autoloaders but we'll see how it turns out



TwixOps #5 Posted Oct 05 2018 - 16:43

    Major

  • Players
  • 51447 battles
  • 4,544
  • [-ZOO-] -ZOO-
  • Member since:
    04-29-2011

View PostVulcan_Spectre, on Oct 05 2018 - 11:06, said:

looks really cool, ima might buy this when (IF) it comes out

 

Why would you say that?  When was the last time WG announced a premium they could sell for money, then didn't release it?  

dominator_98 #6 Posted Oct 05 2018 - 17:08

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 22956 battles
  • 3,841
  • [PUBBY] PUBBY
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

View PostTwixOps, on Oct 05 2018 - 09:43, said:

 

Why would you say that?  When was the last time WG announced a premium they could sell for money, then didn't release it?  

 

The Excalibur and Chimera were announced in exactly the same way, and never sold. Awful Panzer and T-44 Ltwt as well, now that you mention it.

 

 

I’d buy this if it had at least 390m viewrange. It’s a heavy medium that works ridgelines, it needs viewrange. I’m not gonna but a premium I have to use food in.


Edited by dominator_98, Oct 05 2018 - 17:09.


Vampiresbane #7 Posted Oct 05 2018 - 17:28

    Captain

  • Players
  • 29999 battles
  • 1,494
  • [MEDIC] MEDIC
  • Member since:
    06-27-2011

Gnomon,

The hull stats "look" the same as the Emil 1.  100 / 20 / 30 Hull armor (mm) as listed in Tanks gg.

 

The EMIL 1951 has less armor than its progression counterpart...

 

I'm only seeing an aim time difference.  Do you have access to the soft stats for moving, tank traverse, turret traverse, etc.

3.07 Aim time (sec)

0.36 Dispersion

0.24 moving

0.24 tank traverse

0.15 turret traverse

 ...its aiming parameters are better...


 

Currently you get 4 shells for a 33.29 reload.  Or 1 shell for 8.32 secs.

The premium will have 3 shells for 28 secs.  Or 1 shell for 9.33 secs.

I actually like this as a balancing factor.  3 shells in a clip with shorter intra-clip needs a downside.  Less overall dpm and less damage per clip seems reasonable.


 

Are we sure this is the same balancing team that is proposing an inverted autoreloader for the IS3A?  Because that'll be OP as hell.  This Emil premium tank is darn right reasonable.


 


 



YANKEE137 #8 Posted Oct 05 2018 - 18:15

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 13852 battles
  • 6,409
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
  • Member since:
    08-17-2015

Premium glut. I saw an interesting TED talk about choice and how when a company has too many things competing for consumers' attention it actually hurts sales.



Goat_Rodeo #9 Posted Oct 05 2018 - 18:42

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 15281 battles
  • 1,570
  • [DHO4] DHO4
  • Member since:
    06-26-2014
I loved my Emil 1 but sold it on the way up to the Emil 2. If this premium didn’t have to suffer the current MM I’d say it was a no brainer purchase for me. As for the balancing of this tank I’d say it’s pretty competetive for its tier and if you did well in the Emil 1 this will fit your style. 

docroberts #10 Posted Oct 05 2018 - 19:48

    Captain

  • Players
  • 19389 battles
  • 1,504
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR
  • Member since:
    03-08-2013
Bring the pen up to almost 125 , 130 on standard rounds and I might consider this ,,,, MIGHT ! And add the 4th shot back to the mag .  If im paying money I want my moneys worth or I will pass . 

SparkyGT #11 Posted Oct 05 2018 - 19:58

    Major

  • Players
  • 50368 battles
  • 4,506
  • [-NHL-] -NHL-
  • Member since:
    02-05-2012
your title threw me off, thinking about Sturer emil

docroberts #12 Posted Oct 05 2018 - 20:34

    Captain

  • Players
  • 19389 battles
  • 1,504
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR
  • Member since:
    03-08-2013

View PostYANKEE137, on Oct 05 2018 - 11:15, said:

Premium glut. I saw an interesting TED talk about choice and how when a company has too many things competing for consumers' attention it actually hurts sales.

 

:teethhappy: I love it . This is good stuff . 

Avalon304 #13 Posted Oct 06 2018 - 05:50

    Major

  • Players
  • 22616 battles
  • 9,665
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012
I quite like th look of this... both statistically and visually... it'll feel just different enough to the normal Emil I that it should be nice to play... the half second reduction in the inter-clip reload will be amazing all by itself... 3 seconds was way too long... it was one of the only things I really hated about the tech tree Emil I.

gideon_an #14 Posted Oct 06 2018 - 08:50

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 28988 battles
  • 852
  • [EWC] EWC
  • Member since:
    09-17-2016
Kind of curious the crew lay out. I have limited crew choices. Basically Sabaton, the 3 in my Strv, and the 3 in my TD.

Avalon304 #15 Posted Oct 06 2018 - 09:19

    Major

  • Players
  • 22616 battles
  • 9,665
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012

View Postgideon_an, on Oct 06 2018 - 00:50, said:

Kind of curious the crew lay out. I have limited crew choices. Basically Sabaton, the 3 in my Strv, and the 3 in my TD.

 

Commander, Gunner, Driver. Just like the tech tree tank most likely.

docroberts #16 Posted Oct 06 2018 - 16:44

    Captain

  • Players
  • 19389 battles
  • 1,504
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR
  • Member since:
    03-08-2013
The Lorr you get 4 rounds , whats it on the Somua 5 shot I think . This you want to cheat ppl to buy it with a whole whopping 3 rounds and a 28 second reload . Good luck with that . Some will buy it , and allot will not . 

MegamiVertGreenHeart #17 Posted Oct 07 2018 - 23:59

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 31491 battles
  • 26
  • [AKEMI] AKEMI
  • Member since:
    09-07-2013
Looks good for get him in a maraton or tournament but not for buy it. Is a mediocre tank

Edited by SuzumiTamao, Oct 07 2018 - 23:59.


AZandEL #18 Posted Oct 08 2018 - 03:52

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 29928 battles
  • 723
  • Member since:
    09-06-2012

View PostGnomon, on Oct 05 2018 - 14:45, said:

Hey, everyone! 

 

Hope that you’re having a great Friday! 

 

Today marks the beginning of the Supertest for a Viking newcomer: the EMIL 1951, a Tier VIII Premium Swedish heavy with an autoloader. Gameplay-wise, it’s an ‘Emil I Lite’. The EMIL 1951 has less armor than its progression counterpart but is more mobile. There’s one less round in the barrel of the EMIL 1951 but its aiming parameters are better, and it shoots faster than the Emil I.

 


 
The hull of the EMIL 1951 has less protection, and as a sort of compensation, it has a new 400-hp engine bringing its specific power up to 15.15 hp per ton. Not a great difference to the Emil I, but certainly noticeable: the 1951 will move faster and accelerate to the top speed more quickly.
 
How will this tank play? Much like its progression partner but more energetic: less covering, more movement. The barrel that unloads quickly also allows for a hit-and-run playstyle: fire three rounds and fall back without taking any extra risks.

 

Screenshots


 
Depending on test results we may change the stats for the EMIL 1951, so we’ll publish the final ones later. Make sure to follow the news and good luck in every fight!

 

Because what this game is really missing is more autoloaders

Vulcan_Spectre #19 Posted Oct 11 2018 - 17:29

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 3836 battles
  • 634
  • [XGD] XGD
  • Member since:
    12-25-2017

View PostTwixOps, on Oct 05 2018 - 10:43, said:

 

Why would you say that?  When was the last time WG announced a premium they could sell for money, then didn't release it?  

 

cause they might not like the ST results




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users